Was signing Ronaldo worth it?

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Translator
Star Player
Star Player

Was signing Ronaldo worth it?

Post by Translator »

Must admit I was surprised by last night. Obviously he hasn't forgotten where to get to if you want to score.

Since he was last in Italy he's obviously slowed down. It only takes 2 defenders to bring him down it used to take 4. I'll doubt we'll ever see the mazy runs that made him a hit at Barca and Inter but he's still a class act.

His touches are effortless but question is can Milan cover his workload across the pitch, without rocking team morale.

In final, considering he cost about a 1/4 of what Inter paid for him and a 1/10 of what they sold him for. I reckon it was a fair deal.......if they can keep him healthy.

Watch his celebration after his 2nd goal he jumps up on Kaka and punches the air, reminded me of Pele at the '70 world cup.

Regardless what happens Ronaldo will always have an out cause as he'll be able to play to 40 in America.

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The one and only »

well he scored 2 and oliviera's goal was from ronaldo's pass that a good way to show your worth
I speak nothing but the truth

Pimpong
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pimpong »

Great start for Ronnie. AC desperately needed a proven goal scorer and thats what they got.

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Ronaldo is still good enough, unlike his galatico mate Beckham... hopefully he doesnt do well enough to get Milan into the CL :wink:

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

WELL DONE RONNIE!! keep goin bud!! forza milan

Fiasco
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Fiasco »

great to see him find his form back
ImageImage

Translator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Translator »

The one and only wrote:well he scored 2 and oliviera's goal was from ronaldo's pass that a good way to show your worth
The goals themselves were more opportune goals as opposed to goals he created himself. He probably missed the easiest 1 on 1 you'll ever see after a Siena defender kept him onside.

EMVEE
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by EMVEE »

Great game from Ronaldo vs Siena, the 3 Brazillians up front really looked comfortable playing together, hopefully Ronaldo's move also brings the best out of Oliveira who has been finding hard to score goals since he joined us.

If Dida was playing instead of Storari, I think the final result could of been alot more attractive for Milan.

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

huge mistake by real! for me ronaldo is still in the worlds top 4 strikers!
he is and always will b world class!

Translator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Translator »

what's with Hamburglar?

After his magic pills helped him lose 5kgs in a week, he's now back in Brazil getting gene therapy on his hammy!

I want this guy back in the Serie A, adds some interest to a midfield reliant Milan.

He has to be back for the derby the Curva Nord miss him :lol:
I don't like lies. I have understood your market where sometimes lies sell more than truth. This is your life and I don't like it. I understand your work and I have to work with you, but the protection of my group is much more important than you

Zakynthos
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Zakynthos »

which Ronaldo are you talking about?

Christiano Ronaldo (Man United)

OR

Ronaldo (AC Milan)

????
With great power comes great responsibility

Its not who you are, but what you do that defines you

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

read the first post zak

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

best striker in seria a ftm

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

ronaldo07 wrote:best striker in seria a ftm
You have to play to be considered the best.

Translator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Translator »

Ronaldo’s injury saga has taken another twist after allegations from the Italian National Olympic Committee President that his treatment is a form of doping.

Milan's Brazilian hitman has been injured since July 31 and has become increasingly frustrated as his recovery date has been repeatedly pushed back.

What was initially expected to be a routine thigh strain has now been revealed to be a much more serious complaint.

Reportedly disillusioned with the efforts of Milan’s medical team, Il Fenomeno opted to travel to Brazil to consult his national side’s doctor Jose Luis Runco, much to the chagrin of the Diavolo.

Runco accused the Rossoneri of misdiagnosing Ronaldo’s condition and a new course of treatment was undertaken, but now Runco’s methods are under the spotlight.

The procedure allegedly involves injections of protein strands from healthy blood into damaged tissue to encourage growth of damaged tissue – a process that Luigi Frati believes is a form of doping.

"This kind of therapy is surely doping," he was quoted as saying when questioned by the Press yesterday.

Ronaldo is due to return to Milan within the next 48 hours, but the man in charge of anti-doping procedure in Italy Ettore Torri has suggested that there may be an inquiry into his treatment.

"I am waiting for news and there is no guarantee that we won't launch an investigation," Torri told Ansa on Monday evening.
Surely Milan must realise that Galliani doesn't run the league anymore :lol:
I don't like lies. I have understood your market where sometimes lies sell more than truth. This is your life and I don't like it. I understand your work and I have to work with you, but the protection of my group is much more important than you