Extra Trials

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Extra Trials

Post by God is an Englishman »

Have noted a lot of clubs advertising "extra trials", are a lot of clubs experiencing a lack of numbers or is their another reason?

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Extra Trials

Post by Mr Red »

All the trials happened basically in the same week - so I would say the clubs looking at extra trials didn't get the numbers last week to fill all the spots. Some clubs probably got very good numbers and others got lower numbers.

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

I know a couple of clubs that are struggling for numbers and are holding additional trials. Will be interesting to see if they ask for movement to a lower league as some clubs did this season.

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Pie and Bovril wrote:I know a couple of clubs that are struggling for numbers and are holding additional trials. Will be interesting to see if they ask for movement to a lower league as some clubs did this season.
Strange how some clubs struggle for numbers and others are oversubscribed. I've heard that Sturt are running 4 teams in some age groups next season and still turning some away. It must be a geographical thing.

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

magnet wrote:
Pie and Bovril wrote: It must be a geographical thing.
That can be part of the reason but probably not the only reason.

romarios shin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by romarios shin »

magnet wrote:
Pie and Bovril wrote:I know a couple of clubs that are struggling for numbers and are holding additional trials. Will be interesting to see if they ask for movement to a lower league as some clubs did this season.
Strange how some clubs struggle for numbers and others are oversubscribed. I've heard that Sturt are running 4 teams in some age groups next season and still turning some away. It must be a geographical thing.
Some clubs a struggling against Footy, cost wise there is no comparison $100-$200 for Footy vs $750-$1000 for Soccer. As much as people say it isn't a factor when choosing sport for your kids we know that it is. My kids go to school with some great little players but their parents couldn't afford the registration for soccer so they are playing footy

geoff9559
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by geoff9559 »

some families are shopping around and therefore clubs are thinking they are on the books and then they go to another club that they had also been to. So one club thinks they are sorted and the next moment they arent and now have spots to fill as the family took on what they perceive as a better 'offer'. cheers Geoff9559

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

geoff9559 wrote:some families are shopping around and therefore clubs are thinking they are on the books and then they go to another club that they had also been to. So one club thinks they are sorted and the next moment they arent and now have spots to fill as the family took on what they perceive as a better 'offer'. cheers Geoff9559
Not sure how that can happen when most clubs ask for a deposit within 48 hours.

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

I'm aware of 4 clubs that are doing extended trials so they can fill some gaps and finalise their squads.

One club in particular may need to have extended trials until Christmas to try make up the numbers as they will struggle to even have teams from under 13s to under 16s

finnidi george
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by finnidi george »

Which club is this?

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

rossonero wrote:I'm aware of 4 clubs that are doing extended trials so they can fill some gaps and finalise their squads.

One club in particular may need to have extended trials until Christmas to try make up the numbers as they will struggle to even have teams from under 13s to under 16s
If it's Pirates it doesn't matter. They get dispensation

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

Nicky_Tanner wrote:
rossonero wrote:I'm aware of 4 clubs that are doing extended trials so they can fill some gaps and finalise their squads.

no but you're very close

romarios shin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by romarios shin »

rossonero wrote:
Nicky_Tanner wrote:

no but you're very close
Western Strikers?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Nicky_Tanner wrote:

SO VERY TRUE!!

Slide Tackle
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Slide Tackle »

rossonero wrote:
Nicky_Tanner wrote:

no but you're very close
WHITE CITY???

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Nicky_Tanner wrote:

According to the FFSA guidelines, state league 1 clubs only need three JPL teams.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

magnet wrote:
Nicky_Tanner wrote:

According to the FFSA guidelines, state league 1 clubs only need three JPL teams.
My commnet goes back a few years, they should have been relegated.

romarios shin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by romarios shin »

Last edited by romarios shin on Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Nicky_Tanner wrote:they should have been relegated.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

romarios shin wrote:One club in particular may need to have extended trials until Christmas to try make up the numbers as they will struggle to even have teams from under 13s to under 16s
If it's Pirates it doesn't matter. They get dispensation[/quote]According to the FFSA guidelines, state league 1 clubs only need three JPL teams.[/quote]

My commnet goes back a few years, they should have been relegated.[/quote]

A few years......probably should get over it.....[/quote]

I am it was a throw away comment :-)
They got relegated the following season anyway!!

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

magnet wrote:
Nicky_Tanner wrote:

Do you mean JPL teams from 12 to 17?

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

rossonero wrote: Do you mean JPL teams from 12 to 17?
Yes, three teams across the JPL age groups.
NPL clubs should have a team at each age group but we all know that didn't happen last year with Olympic.