The Purpose of Junior Football ?

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: The Purpose of Junior Football ?

Post by MegaBonus »

if my child was poor I would do my best to convince them to try something else,
teaching them to give up and walk away..... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

AL K HOLIC wrote:who gives a toss, if a side is being belted then those players should consider a few things;
a) Am I good enough to play this game
b) Was the clubs best interest in the team or the cash it generates
c) Do you care

8-0 is nothing, my nephew was part of a team who beat a side many years ago 27-0, and more recently (now involved in senior football) beat a team 17-0 in a cup round. Sport has scorelines and sport is a competition, if you're not good enough then you should stick to kick to kick in the park. Yes it is harsh but as a parent if my child was poor I would do my best to convince them to try something else, and if that child didn't care then I would support them, and not complain about being flogged because it is what it is.

Bottom line suck it up or practice more.
What a load of bollocks.

It's about getting kids off their iPads and outside having a game. It's the FFSA's responsibility to structure the league in a competitive way and give ALL kids who want to play the chance to do so. The challenge as a coach is to turn the "ugly ducklings" into effective players and never give up on them.

"as a parent if my child was poor" what a terrible choice of words. I think you are referring to "developing players". Thankfully there are 100's of coaches around without your mentality who see this as a challenge and not a burden.

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by AL K HOLIC »

MegaBonus wrote:
if my child was poor I would do my best to convince them to try something else,
teaching them to give up and walk away..... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
There is a difference between quitting and realising maybe I can do something else and be better. Maybe tennis is a better option, maybe athletics, I never said give up..

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by AL K HOLIC »

magnet wrote:
AL K HOLIC wrote:who gives a toss, if a side is being belted then those players should consider a few things;
c) Do you care

8-0 is nothing, my nephew was part of a team who beat a side many years ago 27-0, and more recently (now involved in senior football) beat a team 17-0 in a cup round. Sport has scorelines and sport is a competition, if you're not good enough then you should stick to kick to kick in the park. Yes it is harsh but as a parent if my child was poor I would do my best to convince them to try something else, and if that child didn't care then I would support them, and not complain about being flogged because it is what it is.

What a load of bollocks.

It's about getting kids off their iPads and outside having a game. It's the FFSA's responsibility to structure the league in a competitive way and give ALL kids who want to play the chance to do so. The challenge as a coach is to turn the "ugly ducklings" into effective players and never give up on them.

"as a parent if my child was poor" what a terrible choice of words. I think you are referring to "developing players". Thankfully there are 100's of coaches around without your mentality who see this as a challenge and not a burden.

Is it really the FFSA job to make a league of mediocre teams? Coaches coaches coaches how about the parents and the player do some extra work, after all a coach can only do so much two nights a week for 2 hrs and then Johnnys mumndad only come one night cos of rain or it's a little cold. Some kids just don't have it, it is what it is, so if you wanna play, then play, but don't whine if you get beat 1-0 8-0 or 30-0.

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

AL K HOLIC wrote:
magnet wrote:
c) Do you care

What a load of bollocks.

Is it really the FFSA job to make a league of mediocre teams? Coaches coaches coaches how about the parents and the player do some extra work, after all a coach can only do so much two nights a week for 2 hrs and then Johnnys mumndad only come one night cos of rain or it's a little cold. Some kids just don't have it, it is what it is, so if you wanna play, then play, but don't whine if you get beat 1-0 8-0 or 30-0.
Must be great up there in that ivory tower with only the elite players. :lol:

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by AL K HOLIC »

no ivory tower, just someone who lives in reality and understands there is a winner and loser, maybe the FFSA should just change the entire concept of the game and just play first goal wins. Maybe we should remove the goals all together, we could also play cricket with a soccer ball so everyone can hit the ball and catch it, we could also empty certain lanes in swimming so the people who can't swim can also compete, let's give certain athletes a step ladder for high jump. Play the game stop your whining, if you get beat suck it up or don't play!!

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

AL K HOLIC wrote:no ivory tower, just someone who lives in reality and understands there is a winner and loser, maybe the FFSA should just change the entire concept of the game and just play first goal wins. Maybe we should remove the goals all together, we could also play cricket with a soccer ball so everyone can hit the ball and catch it, we could also empty certain lanes in swimming so the people who can't swim can also compete, let's give certain athletes a step ladder for high jump. Play the game stop your whining, if you get beat suck it up or don't play!!

Who’s whining?

There has been 10-0 scorelines in the JPL A league this Season so your logic is flawed.

Sounds to me like you don’t have the ability to coach kids with limited talent. Keep taking the easy way out and stick to selecting the diamonds.

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by AL K HOLIC »

magnet wrote:
AL K HOLIC wrote:no ivory tower, just someone who lives in reality and understands there is a winner and loser, maybe the FFSA should just change the entire concept of the game and just play first goal wins. Maybe we should remove the goals all together, we could also play cricket with a soccer ball so everyone can hit the ball and catch it, we could also empty certain lanes in swimming so the people who can't swim can also compete, let's give certain athletes a step ladder for high jump. Play the game stop your whining, if you get beat suck it up or don't play!!

Who’s whining?

There has been 10-0 scorelines in the JPL A league this Season so your logic is flawed.

Sounds to me like you don’t have the ability to coach kids with limited talent. Keep taking the easy way out and stick to selecting the diamonds.
wrong again I don't coach kids and when I did I coached at clubs that didn't have choices we coached who we got because half the time we didn't get enough to send away.

Ibelieve
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Ibelieve »

Enjoyment, learning the game & laws of the game, making new friends, learning a great team sport,
Being greatful that you have an opportunity to try the game and play.. Many don't even get the chance!
And if you realise you can't cut it at club level, or your parents are putting too much pressure on, school soccer is the best fun of all.