S.A.P.

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

Inferno
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

S.A.P.

Post by Inferno »

In recent years the FFSA have held S.A.P. for junior players.
Is this going to happen this year? I haven't heard anything?
If so how do we trial?

Abra1
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: S.A.P.

Post by Abra1 »

Initial info has gone out to the clubs and nominations are due by the 13th. I don't think there is a date for trials yet.

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

My club received an email to nominate max 8 players in 2002 and 2003 age group about a week or so ago

About a month ago, we also received news that there would be 4 SAP Centres (North, South, East, West), and trials to start around mid Oct
Spot Željko Jurin Jnr ......

matty2323
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by matty2323 »

Željko Jurin wrote:My club received an email to nominate max 8 players in 2002 and 2003 age group about a week or so ago

About a month ago, we also received news that there would be 4 SAP Centres (North, South, East, West), and trials to start around mid Oct
confirmed. squad of 15 will be selected, 3 sessions per week over the off season, will be great for the kids. Really looking forward to seeing the talent on display.

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

matty2323 wrote:
Željko Jurin wrote:My club received an email to nominate max 8 players in 2002 and 2003 age group about a week or so ago

confirmed. squad of 15 will be selected, 3 sessions per week over the off season, will be great for the kids. Really looking forward to seeing the talent on display.
Didnt see any of that on the emails ....

matty2323
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by matty2323 »

Željko Jurin wrote:
matty2323 wrote:

Didnt see any of that on the emails ....
I've been fortunate enough to be invited out by Richie to be involved as an assistant with the northern SAP center. Fantastic opportunity for me work with such talented youngsters to develop as a coach.

.. I should confirm that i meant squad of 15 per zone.

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

Wow ... congrats

ikon
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ikon »

should be good to see the talent on display...i think its the 1st or 2nd batch to come from the SSG structure...some of the skills on the boys i have seen this year in u/10's and u/11's has been excellent...no doubt a result of clubs focusing on SSG

Im not a big fan of trials, throwing kids together and spotting the kids that shine isnt my ideal...and having clubs nominate isnt good. just from my u/11's I have around 12-14 that are all the same ability...how do you pick just 8?...mind you i have 31 kids in u/11's...so i wasnt a fan of nominating and dealing with parents.

I wouldve preferred a bigger focus on gala days and having the coaches there watching the kids play for their clubs would be a better indication....but Gala days seem to be more about filling a weekend, revenue raising for hosting clubs and generally unorganised.... i dont think 2-3 trial sessions is ideal...you have a whole year to watch and invite/nominate.

good luck to my boys anyway.

ThundaChucka
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by ThundaChucka »

Hi could someone please email me the SAP details. Our club didnt recieve the email from FFSA to my knowledge! As we have a couple of kids that would love to give it ago. Please PM me if you can help me out and I will pass on my email. Much appreciated

Lee Cox

matty2323
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by matty2323 »

ikon wrote:should be good to see the talent on display...i think its the 1st or 2nd batch to come from the SSG structure...some of the skills on the boys i have seen this year in u/10's and u/11's has been excellent...no doubt a result of clubs focusing on SSG

Im not a big fan of trials, throwing kids together and spotting the kids that shine isnt my ideal...and having clubs nominate isnt good. just from my u/11's I have around 12-14 that are all the same ability...how do you pick just 8?...mind you i have 31 kids in u/11's...so i wasnt a fan of nominating and dealing with parents.

I wouldve preferred a bigger focus on gala days and having the coaches there watching the kids play for their clubs would be a better indication....but Gala days seem to be more about filling a weekend, revenue raising for hosting clubs and generally unorganised.... i dont think 2-3 trial sessions is ideal...you have a whole year to watch and invite/nominate.

good luck to my boys anyway.
Ive actually spent a lot of time getting out to E&D u11's this season and last, so Im really interested to see the difference of standard between those kids, and the kids who have been in SSG programs like at Raiders (northern zone) at federation clubs.

Ginger Pele
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ginger Pele »

Trust me when I say that there will be plenty of good quality out at the trials as from what I have seen of the U11's there is plenty to look forward to..The winds of change are starting to blow through and the rewards are hopefully not too far away.A credit to all the coaches trying to put the children above all else.

ThundaChucka
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by ThundaChucka »

Matty2323, you will find Raiders SSF lead the way with SSF in the Northern zone and been doing SSF since the introduction to FFSA in 2009 I think. As for the other clubs in the Northern zone it has taken off slowly as E&D is still the preffered choice of parents, but i think you will see more progression as it is only 1 or 2yrs into it for most northern zoned clubs. At our club SUFC we now have U6-U10s and next year we will have u11s to add. Most kids at our club are mainly new to the sport with only a few from E&D changing over. Next year we will see more kids from E&D. The point im getting at, we wont see to bigger differences for at least another 2yrs at SUFC. As coaches progress with learning SSF ways.

Ginger Pele
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ginger Pele »

ThundaChucka wrote:Matty2323, you will find Raiders SSF lead the way with SSF in the Northern zone and been doing SSF since the introduction to FFSA in 2009 I think. As for the other clubs in the Northern zone it has taken off slowly as E&D is still the preffered choice of parents, but i think you will see more progression as it is only 1 or 2yrs into it for most northern zoned clubs. At our club SUFC we now have U6-U10s and next year we will have u11s to add. Most kids at our club are mainly new to the sport with only a few from E&D changing over. Next year we will see more kids from E&D. The point im getting at, we wont see to bigger differences for at least another 2yrs at SUFC. As coaches progress with learning SSF ways.
Modbury have been in SSF from day 1 also and have teams in all age groups and just on 100 kids involved..Raiders and Modbury have both been there from the beginning with Richie introducing it to us at Modbury in what has been a positive outcome since it's inception.

Our first crop took the field as U12's this year with the second group ready to make the step to the full size pitch next season.

ThundaChucka
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by ThundaChucka »

@ Ginger Pele
Sorry I wasnt 100% sure wether you guys had been involved since inception. It would of been good to see your boys in U12s play against us this year and see the difference between SSF side to an E&D side. Exiciting times for your club. But being involed with SSF it is hard to get out and see junior games. Next year ill keep my eye out.