Has it been done before

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

Calais
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Has it been done before

Post by Calais »

Has an under 15 side ever won Manchester Cup , The Cup Final ( hindmarsh ) and the league. (All three) :roll:

Cruyff
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Has it been done before

Post by Cruyff »

West Adelaide didnt win the Mancheser Cup..they only qualified to compete in the Cup by winning the South Australian leg....so no i dont think any side from SA has.

kings
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by kings »

Cruyff wrote:West Adelaide didnt win the Mancheser Cup..they only qualified to compete in the Cup by winning the South Australian leg....so no i dont think any side from SA has.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Calais
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Calais »

ok ok ok

I will ask it a different way

Has a South Australian U 15 team won the league, won the Cup ( At Hindmarsh) and won the South Aust Leg of Manchester Cup ( for the right to play in the Manchester Cup play offs interstate)

is that better :lol: :D

Calais
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Calais »

also "Only qualified " is a pretty funny statement as lots of teams really wanted to win this part of the competition. And Birkalla were shattered when they did loose . "Only" is a prettty flippant word :clown:

Jealousy is a curse my friend :mrgreen: . I would love my son to be part of a team that has been able to accomplish what West Adelaide have done

I was just asking a question

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

dont think you were asking a question....you were making a statement....
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Calais
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Calais »

You right . i was making a statement , along with a question that no -one has answered ............ so I am guessing the answer is a NO .

No- one has accomplished what WA is about to . All three in a year :wink:

Well done guys at WA .

Shame on all the green eyed monsters :mrgreen:

never thought i would get a question answered on here with no- one answering the actual question :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Calais
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Calais »

Cruyff wrote:West Adelaide didnt win the Mancheser Cup..they only qualified to compete in the Cup by winning the South Australian leg....so no i dont think any side from SA has.

What is Mancheser anyway :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

give us a break
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by give us a break »

Calais wrote:

What is Mancheser anyway :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's a hamlet close to Badelona.
Sir, I may not agree with what you say, but I shall defend to the death your right to be a complete fool. - Voltaire

winning
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by winning »

I have a question and please do not shoot me down as it is not said in a derogatory way at all.

I have heard that West Adelaide do not promote their juniors to play up, therefore the Under 15 side would consist of boys that have played together for years, possibly if they were at other clubs would be playing Under 16 and Under 18. Either way they obviously are very talented and about to succeed in a wonderful year, but is that correct or is it just another one of the rumours that gets bandied around.

Well done boys.

striker13
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by striker13 »

the fact is WA have a side made up of the best of the previous WA u14 squad and the best of the former AD city u14 squad so to be honest they should be winning all three as mentioned. good luck to them

Stepover
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Stepover »

striker13 wrote:the fact is WA have a side made up of the best of the previous WA u14 squad and the best of the former AD city u14 squad so to be honest they should be winning all three as mentioned. good luck to them
...and throw in a couple of boys from last years Para Hills U14 Cup winning team as well.

Calais
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Calais »

WA Do promote players . they did this with a few boys that went from U14 last year to 18 or higher this year .

two or three wnet over from Adelaide city one from para and one from birkalla

My point is this and dont shoot me down ( :( )

Paul has come into this side and managed to do what no previous coach has been able to do . And that is teach these kids good football. If you watch the warm ups . they are well drilled , you watch them play . they hold position , their are no individual stars and he coaches them constructively from the moment they get to the ground till they leave.

He doesnt play players because he has to . He play players that deserve the spot . He has a job and he does it .... and he does it extremely well

He isnt there to win. he is there to teach and winnng just comes from teaching the right things .

He doesnt ridicule any mistakes, he lets kids learn form them instead. He is always avaialble to his players. He demands respect and he gives respect back

He doesnt just work on skills , he teaches game play , mind play and pushes the boys to a level that he knows they can reach. He wants the boys to be the best they can be

This team is about development . Its not about putting players up when they might or might not be ready just for the sake of putting them up .

Every kid on that team wants to be at training and wants to give 150% because they know that they are getting 150%

So all I wanted to know is..... has any team ever achieved all three

My nephew is on the team and i wish that my son could get on the team.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

are you sure 'boutsi' would want you talking about him like this????? :wink: :roll:
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Calais
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Calais »

what is Boutsi??

The moyesiah
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by The moyesiah »

winning wrote:I have a question and please do not shoot me down as it is not said in a derogatory way at all.

I have heard that West Adelaide do not promote their juniors to play up, therefore the Under 15 side would consist of boys that have played together for years, possibly if they were at other clubs would be playing Under 16 and Under 18. Either way they obviously are very talented and about to succeed in a wonderful year, but is that correct or is it just another one of the rumours that gets bandied around.

Well done boys.
110% correct, they even had the chance to put some of these boys and 16s/17s in to the 17s and lift JSL players but chose to scrap the 17s cos a parent would want to know why their child was moved from a winning team to a losing one

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by johnydep »

The moyesiah wrote:
winning wrote:I have a question and please do not shoot me down as it is not said in a derogatory way at all.

Well done boys.
110% correct, they even had the chance to put some of these boys and 16s/17s in to the 17s and lift JSL players but chose to scrap the 17s cos a parent would want to know why their child was moved from a winning team to a losing one
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there at least one U15 playing up in the West Adelaide seniors? And didn't several U15 players from Adelaide City join the WA U15 squad this year? Lastly; wasn't the reason that WA decided to "scrap" the U17 team was because several players left?

The moyesiah
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by The moyesiah »

Calais wrote:WA Do promote players . they did this with a few boys that went from U14 last year to 18 or higher this year .

Paul has come into this side and managed to do what no previous coach has been able to do . And that is teach these kids good football. If you watch the warm ups . they are well drilled , you watch them play . they hold position , their are no individual stars and he coaches them constructively from the moment they get to the ground till they leave.

He doesnt play players because he has to . He play players that deserve the spot . He has a job and he does it .... and he does it extremely well

He isnt there to win. he is there to teach and winnng just comes from teaching the right things .

He doesnt ridicule any mistakes, he lets kids learn form them instead. He is always avaialble to his players. He demands respect and he gives respect back

He doesnt just work on skills , he teaches game play , mind play and pushes the boys to a level that he knows they can reach. He wants the boys to be the best they can be

This team is about development . Its not about putting players up when they might or might not be ready just for the sake of putting them up .

Every kid on that team wants to be at training and wants to give 150% because they know that they are getting 150%

coaches coach who they have, porky pig could have coached them boys. He didn't do a lot last year with AC. Let's not take away anything these boys have done, but I stress, these boys did not win because of Pezos.

I will say it time and time again, let's see these coaches go to clubs that don't have pick of the crop and see what they produce. I think you could have appointed many coaches and the same results would happen. Even if this coach was appointed coach of U15 bottom C team, they would have still finished bottom, and if that coach was given this team, they would have possibly still been just as good.
Last edited by The moyesiah on Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The moyesiah
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by The moyesiah »

The moyesiah wrote:

Well done boys.
The moyesiah wrote:
everyone goes on and on about development, even WA, yet given a chance to show it and WA would rather pull a side. Why not send up your U15 side to U16 (they have won the last two leagues and look set to win again, are they being challenged?). You could then send your U15 JSL side to U15JPL (removing the bye in that JSL league and not affecting a JPL league) you can then send your U16 side to U17 and everyone is getting development.

hemishovel
In theory it's great, but you try telling that to 50 or so parents and watch the complaints come in. "Why is my sons team who is first on the table now mid table etc". Implementing your idea is more hassle then it would be worth, it's an unfortunate situation and I think the club limited the damage done as best as they could.

John Taylor
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by John Taylor »

The moyesiah wrote:
Calais wrote:WA Do promote players . they did this with a few boys that went from U14 last year to 18 or higher this year .

coaches coach who they have, porky pig could have coached them boys. He didn't do a lot last year with AC. Let's not take away anything these boys have done, but I stress, these boys did not win because of Pezos.

I will say it time and time again, let's see these coaches go to clubs that don't have pick of the crop and see what they produce. I think you could have appointed many coaches and the same results would happen. Even if this coach was appointed coach of U15 bottom C team, they would have still finished bottom.
Do you think the style, structure and discipline come from thin air? Can you not understand that good coaches develop players and that good coaches also attract good players?

And I would like to see you explain to Paul Pezos he is the equivelant to Porky Pig. LOL!

The moyesiah
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by The moyesiah »

they don't play any different than they did last year, in fact they have a better team than last year, as someone else said they got para hills best and AC and where are they now? bottom and 3rd bottom. All I am saying is those kids are good lads, and you could have appointed anyone and the same results would have been in place. Don't get me wrong Pezos is a great coach, with great experience, but I didn't hear how brilliant he was with his U14 AC squad last year and now he walks into a pre-made squad and its hail Pezos, how about you praise their 2012/13 coach/s who did the same.

Coach_Mulatinho
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Coach_Mulatinho »

well done. do you want a gold medal for that, maybe the kids should be playing A-league right now!! time will tell, dont have all the party now

rossonero
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rossonero »

Every kid on that team wants to be at training and wants to give 150% because they know that they are getting 150% [/quote]

is pezos the only coach that can do this???? ooohhhhh please!!!!

Mullo
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Mullo »

weren't they good before the coach, the AC players, etc, etc.?
and the ffsa approved re-fills

Calais
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Calais »

I bet he doesnt want to explain to Paul how he is just another version of porky pig . The word Chicken comes to mind :lol:

As for walking into a pre made side. Again . Not True.

AC U 14 team is not doing so well this year because of issues at the club. Many kids left because of these issues.

As for the pick of the crop . Again Not true . 4 adelaide city players came over

As for Para hills . One player came over

They are playing a different kind of football . More structured more discipline . More hunger

The coach of 2012 won the double . The coach last year didnt really do much .

As for Paul not being the only coach to care and teach and give 150% , this is also not what i said . I am sure lots of coaches do this

But what ever Paul is doing . ITS WORKING . Maybe he just has the recipe down patt.

Like I have said , Jealousy is a curse gentleman .

I cannot believe a single question can turn into a pick on WA and the coach

What a bunch of insecure little people some of you are !!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bodø's Publicist
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Bodø's Publicist »

Calais wrote:also "Only qualified " is a pretty funny statement as lots of teams really wanted to win this part of the competition. And Birkalla were shattered when they did loose . "Only" is a prettty flippant word :clown:

Jealousy is a curse my friend :mrgreen: . I would love my son to be part of a team that has been able to accomplish what West Adelaide have done

I was just asking a question
* lose (just getting in before steve#4)
R.I.P
Stuff And Stuff About Stuff