FFSA Skill Acquisition Program and Development Pathway 10-11

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

best
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

FFSA Skill Acquisition Program and Development Pathway 10-11

Post by best »

Is this program still going ahead.Heard many good reports about the program and Vlado Blazeka.
hope it continues with a new group of kids.

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: FFSA Skill Acquisition Program and Development Pathway 1

Post by Željko Jurin »

I have heard it will be, from Mar- Sep, and maybe 2 'zones', to give more kids the opportunity to participate
Spot Željko Jurin Jnr ......

Ginger Pele
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ginger Pele »

Yes, great program and Vlado is a top coach as well as a really nice guy. Perfect environment for young kids to learn the game. Keep up the good work!!

Raiders
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Raiders »

Great program and well done Vlado .

footballfan
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by footballfan »

Anyone know what the selection process is for this years intake? Through the clubs or can any kids tryout?

black
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by black »

best wrote:Is this program still going ahead.Heard many good reports about the program and Vlado Blazeka.
hope it continues with a new group of kids.
really ???

Well, as you say lets hope it continues with a new group of kids... good luck to all this year in your football endeavors.
1/6.... but still 6. :)

"you see the eye to detail,the accuracy of the pass, it's the weight of the pass and the decision making in the games, that makes top players stand out form average players" - Rene' Meulensteen,

DUKE BLUE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by DUKE BLUE »

Ginger Pele wrote:Yes, great program and Vlado is a top coach as well as a really nice guy. Perfect environment for young kids to learn the game. Keep up the good work!!

One of the reasons why great things are happening at Raiders.

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

DUKE BLUE wrote:
Ginger Pele wrote:Yes, great program and Vlado is a top coach as well as a really nice guy. Perfect environment for young kids to learn the game. Keep up the good work!!

One of many (but recently one less) ..... including you, me and others, trying to do things different from the past, and better for the future ...

Ive heard the program will have a similar selection process as last year, clubs to nominate players to trial ....

Suffolk 'N' Good
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Suffolk 'N' Good »

Have heard the SAP Programme will probably re commence in October? Anyone else heard the same?

Mrs Red
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mrs Red »

Yes it is going to be run in the off season, over the summer break. That is the official word from Richie Alagich

best
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by best »

Željko Jurin wrote:
DUKE BLUE wrote:

One of many (but recently one less) ..... including you, me and others, trying to do things different from the past, and better for the future ...

Ive heard the program will have a similar selection process as last year, clubs to nominate players to trial ....

Well done Vlado great result today

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

Your post just proves what sort of people are runnig AC

For a high ranking AC official to come out publically and make fun of 11-12yo kids result .... does this make you feel superior ?

Good to see you have some good kids down there, including the 6 that Vlado helped coach last year ...

Hibs seven
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Hibs seven »

Željko Jurin wrote:Your post just proves what sort of people are runnig AC

For a high ranking AC official to come out publically and make fun of 11-12yo kids result .... does this make you feel superior ?

Good to see you have some good kids down there, including the 6 that Vlado helped coach last year ...
They have some good people there, such a pity a few spoil it.

Socca
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Socca »

Anyone that watched the game saw AC score 6 of their goals from Raiders defensive mistakes due to the way they are being taught to play, to play out from the back and have confidence in their own abilities
Some of their passing play was great to watch
I am an AC parent and I would rather my son be taught that way and try to play the game, rather then be coached old school by relatives and cronies of hierarchy, and the appointed coaches being pushed to the side

themessenger
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themessenger »

Socca wrote:Anyone that watched the game saw AC score 6 of their goals from Raiders defensive mistakes due to the way they are being taught to play, to play out from the back and have confidence in their own abilities
I am an AC parent and I would rather my son be taught that way and try to play the game, rather then be coached old school by relatives and cronies of hierarchy, and the appointed coaches being pushed to the side
guess that means you will be moving to Raiders next year then?

black
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by black »

themessenger wrote:
Socca wrote:Anyone that watched the game saw AC score 6 of their goals from Raiders defensive mistakes due to the way they are being taught to play, to play out from the back and have confidence in their own abilities
Raiders would not take that class of parent.

Be interesting to see how "Socca" explains to his son that he's not participating in the finals because of AC cronies, ugly football and hierarchy of the club.
Hope the kid gets over it.

"you see the eye to detail,the accuracy of the pass, it's the weight of the pass and the decision making in the games, that makes top players stand out form average players" - Rene' Meulensteen,

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by AL K HOLIC »

black wrote:
themessenger wrote:
Raiders would not take that class of parent.

Be interesting to see how "Socca" explains to his son that he's not participating in the finals because of AC cronies, ugly football and hierarchy of the club.
Hope the kid gets over it.

If a gene went into each teams change rooms at the semis and said, you have two choices;

A) Play nice football from the back blah blah blah and maybe win

or

B) Play the ugliest crappiest football ever seen at your age level, clearing it long to the striker and win.

Every child would pick B, so if it's about the kids then that's what a coach should do, play whatever style they need to play to get that smile and experience into that team.

Cup final may never happen again

hudsona
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by hudsona »

Disagree

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by AL K HOLIC »

hudsona wrote:Disagree
the KIDS don't.

hudsona
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by hudsona »

Disagree... Based on my experience in asking just that question to the kids.

hudsona
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by hudsona »

They were disappointed yes... Were clear that is better to learn to play well than win ugly at 12 yrs.

black
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by black »

hudsona wrote:They were disappointed yes... Were clear that is better to learn to play well than win ugly at 12 yrs.
oh please.... the cup series is special to every kid. ... its their world cup.

Faith No More
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Faith No More »

black wrote:
hudsona wrote:They were disappointed yes... Were clear that is better to learn to play well than win ugly at 12 yrs.
sorry black its the parents that see it as World Cup, most of the kids at U12s dont.

justmyopinion
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by justmyopinion »

+++++1

jamannic
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by jamannic »

So, are you saying that Adel City smashed Raiders 7-1 by playing ugly soccer, not sure what game you guys were watching, but Adel City played terrific soccer. Nothing would have been said had it not for you guys telling everyone how good the U12 Raiders team and how good the coaching is down there. The reality is, they look good because they are playing weak teams in their division.

hudsona
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by hudsona »

my comments not in relation to Adelaide City v Raiders.

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by AL K HOLIC »

jamannic wrote:So, are you saying that Adel City smashed Raiders 7-1 by playing ugly soccer, not sure what game you guys were watching, but Adel City played terrific soccer. Nothing would have been said had it not for you guys telling everyone how good the U12 Raiders team and how good the coaching is down there. The reality is, they look good because they are playing weak teams in their division.

ouch.

Jamannic does have a point.

Seen a C league player last year, the boy looked great in that C league, in fact he shined.
The following season he moved to an A league team and has managed maybe 3 games in the JPL, and those 3 games the boy looked way out of his depth.

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

jamannic wrote: Nothing would have been said had it not for you guys telling everyone how good the U12 Raiders team and how good the coaching is down there.
Where ???

Are we not allowed to defend an unprovoked dig at an u12 team by a high ranking junior committee member from another club

Has any other junior team of any age group had a cheap shot thrown at them over a loss, unprovoked ?

I haven't seen anyone from Raiders bagging any other junior clubs or teams, and any of their results

Or is that high ranking junior committee member watching over his shoulder, and found a good chance to have a cheap shot at the expense of 11-12yo kids and a result .....

Is Raiders the 'hunted' now, with the younger age groups playing and doing well, VW Cup, Summer Camps by overseas Pro Academies, kids getting overseas trials

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

If the loud whispers are true ..the high ranking junior committee member may find quite a few leaving that club bit of discontentment by the sounds ... ironic if some of those try out for Raiders which I think could be the case ..that in itself may settle the argument re the styles of the two clubs in question

black
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by black »

Faith No More wrote:
black wrote:
sorry black its the parents that see it as World Cup, most of the kids at U12s dont.
yeah, I 'll agree with that.... but it is pretty important to the kids also.