AUWFC vs Perth Glory

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

geoff9559
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: AUWFC vs Perth Glory

Post by geoff9559 »

I'm sorry to hear you've been kicked out. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Rightside
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Rightside »

sportsbird wrote:An Adelaide United Women's Player has been sacked due to poor performace and an altercation with the coach.
Who is it?

geoff9559
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by geoff9559 »

Sportsbird!!! I am led to believe

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

Sorry to disappoint you geoff. As it is a fact it will remain as an AUWFC player has been sacked.
I didnt want to name the player as it may offend you and utd.

geoff9559
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by geoff9559 »

Sorry my mistake sportsbird.....i mistook you to be a player as you had inside knowledge of the womens team....and seemed a tad pissed at the selections so if you had had a go at huss about it then i wouldnt have been surprised at you being sacked, anyway i apologize for believing you to be a soccer player..sacked from adelaide united. I guess the news of who will come out eventually.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Post by United We Stand »

sportsbird wrote:Sorry to disappoint you geoff. As it is a fact it will remain as an AUWFC player has been sacked.
I didnt want to name the player as it may offend you and utd.

Since when have you been the "sensitive" or "considerate" type? I think that you are quite happy about a player being sacked because you think that it vindicates your views about a player that should not have been selected. "I didn't want to name the player as it may offend you and Utd." More sarcasm? The fact is your original comments about the players WERE offensive!

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

Since when have you been the "sensitive" or "considerate" type? I think that you are quite happy about a player being sacked because you think that it vindicates your views about a player that should not have been selected. "I didn't want to name the player as it may offend you and Utd." More sarcasm? The fact is your original comments about the players WERE offensive![/quote]

United,
I'm happy to discuss any information on this forum whether you like it or not. The fact that I named players is what really angered you.
These players who I have mentioned were selected and agreed to sign as a AUWFC player. They also signed the contract fully aware of the requirements and the ability needed to play at an elite level.
These players were given the opportunity to knock back the contract if they felt they were not ready, but they chose to sign.
Therefore, as they have chosen to sign and play for the AUWFC, so they will be scrutinised like any other elite sportsperson.
The W League is not about development, it's about winning. It's about selecting the best players capable of playing at an elite level with the intention of winning the ultimate prize.
Have a look at comments made about the men's Adelaide United team. Say no more.
So if you think my comments may have been offensive, then I suggest you avoid coming onto this forum and maybe read some poetry.

Princess Fiona
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Princess Fiona »

sign the contract - pull on the shirt - then you are subject to the praise or criticism of PERFORMANCE and RESULTS whether you are 16yo or 36yo IMO.
performance on pitch ok, results have been poor.

Not much time left to turn things around but been good experience for all those selected and having played games.

What is head scratching on selections though is why not select imports to cover deficiencies.
With Scalzi, Wiedenbach, Steer and Ryder in local NPL would have makings of a great defence but they import more defenders.
And with Rojas who consistently scores loads of goals in NPL even if using an import spot would be more beneficial but again more players brought in for same positions.
Jones has been ok but nothing like the foot skills and brilliance Rojas has.

Already seems another season wasted with poor preparation and selections

I agree with Snowy more fault of Jones as the early nominated coach with no effort to watch NPL games and select a squad.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Princess Fiona wrote:sign the contract - pull on the shirt - then you are subject to the praise or criticism of PERFORMANCE and RESULTS whether you are 16yo or 36yo IMO.
performance on pitch ok, results have been poor.

Not much time left to turn things around but been good experience for all those selected and having played games.

What is head scratching on selections though is why not select imports to cover deficiencies.
With Scalzi, Wiedenbach, Steer and Ryder in local NPL would have makings of a great defence but they import more defenders.
And with Rojas who consistently scores loads of goals in NPL even if using an import spot would be more beneficial but again more players brought in for same positions.
Jones has been ok but nothing like the foot skills and brilliance Rojas has.

Already seems another season wasted with poor preparation and selections

I agree with Snowy more fault of Jones as the early nominated coach with no effort to watch NPL games and select a squad.

Everyone has pinpointed the real problem and that is that the squad did not have a good "Pre-season" and the selection process. The squad had not been selected by the previous coach and had not started training together by the time the NPL Finals had been completed. The NPL season had been completed ( A month!) and the local girls had lost some fitness by the time the trials had started.. They should have been selected and in full training much earlier. Meanwhile, the interstate sides had completed a number of weeks of rigorous pre season work by the time the "trials' had started. I do agree that, at the elite level, that you are subject to praise/criticism. The selected local girls,however, are really the victims of this unacceptable situation. Their performances have, in general, been acceptable and promising all things considered. However, the results have not been so and this is how the team will be judged at season's end. I just feel that it was unfair to harshly assess the girls at the stage of the season that "Unsporting Bird" did. In this situation (Poor Pre-Season,Change of Coach,selection process,limited preparation etc.), that assessment should be made at the end of the season. To have a go at girls in the squad, naming them, ridiculing the captain and calling them things like "weak links" and "incapable' was harsh, especially as there were a number of "debutants" to the W-League. With the exception of the Perth game, they have also been competitive. That criticism also shows a lack of understanding of the realities of the game as it takes time for the newcomers to get used to the higher level. ( I also suspect that parts of the "Bird's" criticism of the City girls was partly influenced by her disgruntled friends at Metro.) I am sure that fitness levels contributed to the side conceding late goals and thus the dropping of points with draws and losses. That is not the fault of the local girls and certainly not an indicator of their playing capabilities. Moreover, it takes time for a new squad of players to gel. Only four (?) players remain from last season. The real culprits are the club (Despite a welcome change in direction with the selection of more local girls) and the previous W-League coach. Let's hope that the lessons of this unacceptable pre- season situation and selection process have been learnt and that things become more professional.

BlueForever
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by BlueForever »

I to agree that the process of scouting, preseason trials and practise games should definitely start way earlier. I would say that the local girls should train with there clubs atleast once a week with there club and with adelaide. Once the season is over training should lift, however to say that the ffsa will and should learn from this is sad. We have never learnt and or changed the whole system we are in. Appoint a long term coach who has the time to see atleast half a season of football, look at imports earlier and give our experienced players that are sitting home a chance they deserve it. Players havent played a game all season dont pick them dont pick players that havent atleast played last half of the season.
Maybe some of the girls havent performed but under the current setup I could see us winning a game, sad maybe but true.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

FFSA has nothing to do with Adelaide United Women anymore. Adelaide United has taken it over. Part of the FFA 'whole of football' strategy. Huss is the Adelaide United NYL coach in addition to coaching the women.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

BlueForever wrote:I to agree that the process of scouting, preseason trials and practise games should definitely start way earlier. I would say that the local girls should train with there clubs atleast once a week with there club and with adelaide. Once the season is over training should lift, however to say that the ffsa will and should learn from this is sad. We have never learnt and or changed the whole system we are in. Appoint a long term coach who has the time to see atleast half a season of football, look at imports earlier and give our experienced players that are sitting home a chance they deserve it. Players havent played a game all season dont pick them dont pick players that havent atleast played last half of the season.
Maybe some of the girls havent performed but under the current setup I could see us winning a game, sad maybe but true.

Where have I referred to the FFSA? Adelaide United have taken over the Lady Reds. It is the club that I was referring to. I hope that the Administration learns from this year's mistakes. They have shown that they are willing to make improvements in the way they do things with the men's teams in the past.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

United,
Unsure what to make of the following; Quote;"( I also suspect that parts of the "Bird's" criticism of the City girls was partly influenced by her disgruntled friends at Metro.)"
Firstly, I find it funny that you have accused me of being critical at city. This sounds like you are a city supporter, player or a parent of a current player who I have mentioned.
Secondly, you need to go back to the beginning of the forum and see what I have written. I did point out that Daniel Di Bartolo should be in the team and that Isabella Scalzi and Georgia Campagnale have done a great job so far and deserve to be in the AUWFC. That's three players who I have supported. Unsure, what you are trying to say.
Thirdly, I find it hilarious that you are insinuating that I am either associated or affiliated with Metro. Keep guessing. But it does sound that you have an issue with Metro.
Finally, to say on this forum that I am too harsh, I suggest you re-think your comments regarding disgruntled friends at Metro. Going by your interpretation of harsh words, I think you are being harsh towards friends at Metro. That was inappropriate to name a club.
You have to stop trying to make excuses for the current crop of players who are not capable or ready to play at this level.
To say that some players lost fitness by the time the trials started is a joke. C'mon, what world do you live in.
These players knew there were going to be a selection process prior to the end of the WNPL season for the AUWFC. So if these players you stated were not fit at the start of the W League season, then they definitely should not have played. They should have continued with there own fitness ready for the big league.
Then you go on to say that you agree that players are subjected to praise and criticism at the elite level. Please, make up your mind. You either agree or disagree.
Let me say it again, players who signed a contract with AUWFC have agreed to the terms and conditions and have also accepted that they are ready for the W League. These players could have said no and waited until they are ready.
W League is not we are competitive, about winning. Its all about the score on the board.
If AUWFC do not win games, we may become the worst South Australian team in the history of the W League. Now that is harsh but a reality.

AWA
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by AWA »

OMG Sportsbird now you have done it the next thing you will get is the United We stand ramble that they are "neutral"

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

sportsbird wrote:United,
Unsure what to make of the following; Quote;"( I also suspect that parts of the "Bird's" criticism of the City girls was partly influenced by her disgruntled friends at Metro.)"
Firstly, I find it funny that you have accused me of being critical at city. This sounds like you are a city supporter, player or a parent of a current player who I have mentioned.
Secondly, you need to go back to the beginning of the forum and see what I have written. I did point out that Daniel Di Bartolo should be in the team and that Isabella Scalzi and Georgia Campagnale have done a great job so far and deserve to be in the AUWFC. That's three players who I have supported. Unsure, what you are trying to say.
Thirdly, I find it hilarious that you are insinuating that I am either associated or affiliated with Metro. Keep guessing. But it does sound that you have an issue with Metro.
Finally, to say on this forum that I am too harsh, I suggest you re-think your comments regarding disgruntled friends at Metro. Going by your interpretation of harsh words, I think you are being harsh towards friends at Metro. That was inappropriate to name a club.
You have to stop trying to make excuses for the current crop of players who are not capable or ready to play at this level.
To say that some players lost fitness by the time the trials started is a joke. C'mon, what world do you live in.
These players knew there were going to be a selection process prior to the end of the WNPL season for the AUWFC. So if these players you stated were not fit at the start of the W League season, then they definitely should not have played. They should have continued with there own fitness ready for the big league.
Then you go on to say that you agree that players are subjected to praise and criticism at the elite level. Please, make up your mind. You either agree or disagree.
Let me say it again, players who signed a contract with AUWFC have agreed to the terms and conditions and have also accepted that they are ready for the W League. These players could have said no and waited until they are ready.
W League is not we are competitive, about winning. Its all about the score on the board.
If AUWFC do not win games, we may become the worst South Australian team in the history of the W League. Now that is harsh but a reality.

"Unsporting Bird," I threw out the comment about Metro as "bait" because of two reasons. Firstly, you have gone on about no Metro players being selected. Secondly, because I have witnessed "friction" on the field between some of the players of Metro and City. With five City girls and none from Metro, it would be easy to deduce that the Metro girls would be disgruntled and critical of some of the "City" selections. This is especially so of one of the players that you think that should have been selected. In previous posts, you did not deny it, when I threw it out at you like you seem to be doing know. I have nothing against Metro and I DID say that they deserved to be Champions AND that THREE of their players should have been selected in the United W-League squad.

I have already mentioned on FN (Maybe not in the Women's Forum) that I have a SON that plays NPL and that I do not have any association with any of the W-League girls that have been selected. That last part about not having an association with any W-League players HAS been mentioned in the Women's Forum. If anything, YOU have shown that you may have links with players, when you broke the story about a United girl being sacked. I have openly admitted that I have watched Adelaide City for the last couple of years. I have really enjoyed watching their style of play and I sincerely hope that any girls that have been disgruntled with Rosso now stay at the club. Your comprehension of language is as good as your knowledge of football. If you read my post carefully, I said that PARTS of your criticism of some of the City girls could be PARTLY influenced by friends at Metro. I also said that I SUSPECT (That is, I am not 100% sure about it.) that your criticism has been influenced by your friends at Metro. See my first point above for any further clarification.

"Inappropriate to name a club?" Talk about the "pot calling the kettle black." You named all those players and were unfairly critical,offensive and disrespectful about it. Moreover, you can't even admit that you have been disrespectful with those bitter comments. Other forumites have also said that you have unfairly bagged the players. Then again, we all should not be surprised as you have been very negative and stubborn about things on this forum in the past.

"Daniel Di Bartolo" is not eligible for the W-League as he is male! We have discussed Daniella Di Bartolo, Georgia Campagnale as well as Isabella Scalzi, who you described as "great" and wrongly mentioned that she had cemented her position after playing only two games (In Monica's absence). You could not even get that right or acknowledge that Emily Hodgson has cemented her position at right back.

I have endeavoured to explain how the local girls have been the victim of the club's pre-season inactivity and poor selection process. That IS NOT making excuses for them at all. I was trying to explain that these girls were "right behind the eight ball" as they did not have the well-planned and rigorous pre-season that girls at other W-League clubs had. They were destined to struggle even if Weidenbach,Steer,Ryder and Di Bartolo etc. were chosen. They would all be playing "catch up" in terms of fitness and the important process of the team gelling together. That is why any assessment of players should be made at the end of the season. I thought that you would have understood that as there were so many new players chosen this year. I HAVE played at a high level myself and I think I understand the realities of such a new squad preparing for the season in such a limited time.

When I said that some local girls had lost some fitness, I meant that, despite any of their own private training, that it would not,in general, equate to a normal pre season where the emphasis is on physical conditioning and acquiring some "match fitness" with trial matches. Did you really think that I didn't know that players do their own training between seasons? I used to run half marathons and do plenty of gym work/swimming between seasons. However, that certainly didn't equate to the punishing schedule that we had to endure once the pre-season had started. My personal training certainly couldn't replicate all the "trial matches" that were an important part of the pre-season. How many "trial" matches did the United girls have?

"Make up your mind whether you agree or disagree." Wow, you certainly don't comprehend things easily do you? I said that the type of assessment that you made should be made at the end of the season. You got stuck in to the girls in an offensive and disrespectful manner, with the season not even half way through. I said that especially in the light of the unacceptable pre-season. We all agree that the previous coach should have watched every round of the NPL and selected a squad to begin training much earlier( Before the NPL Grand Final).

Do you really think that any player who is offered a contract would say, "No thanks, I am not ready for it?" What world do YOU live in? Melbourne Victory have a very promising FIFTEEN year old in their W-League squad. Did she say that she isn't ready? Is there not development of promising players in the plans of W-League coaches? You never did explain what you think is a "proven" player. You even said that the captain was "not ready" when she is not only 27 years old, but has played at an elite level before. She also "proved" herself with a standout season at Fulham. Why did you have the need to ridicule her captaincy? You really demonstrate a lack of an understanding of the game with many of your comments. I suggest you "think" before posting vitriol on this forum. Maybe you should take your own advice and try reading poetry instead of my posts, because you have obviously not understood the issues/perspectives and the implications that I have presented. It would be interesting to learn what your "agenda" is if, as you say, you are not being influenced by any disgruntled players.

P.S I have acknowledged and agreed with some of your points, so don't accuse me of thinking that everything is fine. I have even said that a number of players (Four) should not have been selected. However, that should all be reviewed and assessed post season. Clearly, there are a number of things that need to be improved. You know that I have expressed that clearly. So stop being stubborn and difficult and "give it a rest!"
Last edited by United We Stand on Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

AWA wrote:OMG Sportsbird now you have done it the next thing you will get is the United We stand ramble that they are "neutral"

Who is "they?" You are on the wrong "wavelength" AWA (lol!).

AWA
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by AWA »

United We Stand wrote:
AWA wrote:OMG Sportsbird now you have done it the next thing you will get is the United We stand ramble that they are "neutral"

Lame

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

AWA wrote:
United We Stand wrote:

Lame

I was thinking the same thing about your post AWA!

AWA
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by AWA »

United We Stand wrote:
sportsbird wrote:United,

"Unsporting Bird," I threw out the comment about Metro as "bait" because of two reasons. Firstly, you have gone on about no Metro players being selected. Secondly, because I have witnessed "friction" on the field between some of the players of Metro and City. With five City girls and none from Metro, it would be easy to deduce that the Metro girls would be disgruntled and critical of some of the "City" selections. This is especially so of one of the players that you think that should have been selected. In previous posts, you did not deny it, when I threw it out at you like you seem to be doing know. I have nothing against Metro and I DID say that they deserved to be Champions AND that THREE of their players should have been selected in the United W-League squad.

I have already mentioned on FN (Maybe not in the Women's Forum) that I have a SON that plays NPL and that I do not have any association with any of the W-League girls that have been selected. That last part about not having an association with any W-League players HAS been mentioned in the Women's Forum. If anything, YOU have shown that you may have links with players, when you broke the story about a United girl being sacked. I have openly admitted that I have watched Adelaide City for the last couple of years. I have really enjoyed watching their style of play and I sincerely hope that any girls that have been disgruntled with Rosso now stay at the club. Your comprehension of language is as good as your knowledge of football. If you read my post carefully, I said that PARTS of your criticism of some of the City girls could be PARTLY influenced by friends at Metro. I also said that I SUSPECT (That is, I am not 100% sure about it.) that your criticism has been influenced by your friends at Metro. See my first point above for any further clarification.

"Inappropriate to name a club?" Talk about the "pot calling the kettle black." You named all those players and were unfairly critical,offensive and disrespectful about it. Moreover, you can't even admit that you have been disrespectful with those bitter comments. Other forumites have also said that you have unfairly bagged the players. Then again, we all should not be surprised as you have been very negative and stubborn about things on this forum in the past.

"Daniel Di Bartolo" is not eligible for the W-League as he is male! We have discussed Daniella Di Bartolo, Georgia Campagnale as well as Isabella Scalzi, who you described as "great" and wrongly mentioned that she had cemented her position after playing only two games (In Monica's absence). You could not even get that right or acknowledge that Emily Hodgson has cemented her position at right back.

I have endeavoured to explain how the local girls have been the victim of the club's pre-season inactivity and poor selection process. That IS NOT making excuses for them at all. I was trying to explain that these girls were "right behind the eight ball" as they did not have the well-planned and rigorous pre-season that girls at other W-League clubs had. They were destined to struggle even if Weidenbach,Steer,Ryder and Di Bartolo etc. were chosen. They would all be playing "catch up" in terms of fitness and the important process of the team gelling together. That is why any assessment of players should be made at the end of the season. I thought that you would have understood that as there were so many new players chosen this year. I HAVE played at a high level myself and I think I understand the realities of such a new squad preparing for the season in such a limited time.

When I said that some local girls had lost some fitness, I meant that, despite any of their own private training, that it would not,in general, equate to a normal pre season where the emphasis is on physical conditioning and acquiring some "match fitness" with trial matches. Did you really think that I didn't know that players do their own training between seasons? I used to run half marathons and do plenty of gym work/swimming between seasons. However, that certainly didn't equate to the punishing schedule that we had to endure once the pre-season had started. My personal training certainly couldn't replicate all the "trial matches" that were an important part of the pre-season. How many "trial" matches did the United girls have?

"Make up your mind whether you agree or disagree." Wow, you certainly don't comprehend things easily do you? I said that the type of assessment that you made should be made at the end of the season. You got stuck in to the girls in an offensive and disrespectful manner, with the season not even half way through. I said that especially in the light of the unacceptable pre-season. We all agree that the previous coach should have watched every round of the NPL and selected a squad to begin training much earlier( Before the NPL Grand Final).

Do you really think that any player who is offered a contract would say, "No thanks, I am not ready for it?" What world do YOU live in? Melbourne Victory have a very promising FIFTEEN year old in their W-League squad. Did she say that she isn't ready? Is there not development of promising players in the plans of W-League coaches? You never did explain what you think is a "proven" player. You even said that the captain was "not ready" when she is not only 27 years old, but has played at an elite level before. She also "proved" herself with a standout season at Fulham. Why did you have the need to ridicule her captaincy? You really demonstrate a lack of an understanding of the game with many of your comments. I suggest you "think" before posting vitriol on this forum. Maybe you should take your own advice and try reading poetry instead of my posts, because you have obviously not understood the issues/perspectives and the implications that I have presented. It would be interesting to learn what your "agenda" is if, as you say, you are not being influenced by any disgruntled players.

P.S I have acknowledged and agreed with some of your points, so don't accuse me of thinking that everything is fine. I have even said that a number of players (Four) should not have been selected. However, that should all be reviewed and assessed post season. Clearly, there are a number of things that need to be improved. You know that I have expressed that clearly. So stop being stubborn and difficult and "give it a rest!"

....right on CUE
at least you avoided writing NEUTRAL :roll:

AWA
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by AWA »

United We Stand wrote:
AWA wrote:
United We Stand wrote:
Lame

I was thinking the same thing about your post AWA!
:arrow: