Sturt gone in 2017

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

Princess Fiona
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Sturt gone in 2017

Post by Princess Fiona »

Sturt has to be relegated from NPL for 2017 to rebuild in State League.
Sturt will again need to fulfill the NPL criteria and as it's clear they deceived their way in with teams they didn't have they now can't be believed when resubmitting for 2017.
A fine & points deduction for 2016, which is just a slap on the wrist in the end, the deception & farce can't continue on next year.
I heard from WA Sturt Reserves played with 9 players on Sunday & with no U17 team FFSA need to reset the NPL for 2017 to teams who actually have the criteria.

Wunkar Fox
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Sturt gone in 2017

Post by Wunkar Fox »

Here here !
Random roadkill

snow white
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by snow white »

Your logic makes perfect sense, but logic often does not prevail in local women's football.

Everyone knew from as early as October 2015 that Sturt were in dire trouble in meeting the criteria.

You would think that the powers that be, would have been prompted many times to this effect, but choose the inexcusable defense of 'Sturt meet the criteria, because they told us they do'.

Even as the season approached, the powers that be, would have had full visibility of their very own on-line registration database that would have revealed that actual Sturt player registrations were nowhere near meeting the criteria.

Rather than actually do the right thing and act on the deception of clubs knowingly not meeting the criteria, the powers that be, it seems, decided to allow the criteria to be ignored and impose a paltry 3 point penalty in a 21 game season! A mere slap on the wrist.

Sturt would have known the rules and the weak penalties and played along.

I just don't understand how a professional, paid organisation did not do any validation that clubs actually met the criteria, BEFORE the season started. Given that there was a constant public outcry for months, makes this failure to do any validation inexcusable and makes one wonder what the agenda actually is. If someone can give me a logical explanation as to why this relatively simple check was not done 2-3 weeks before the season started, I will gladly back down.

Aside from the State League clubs who did the hard work upfront, I also feel sorry for the players and junior coaches of Sturt who have to play in under strength teams or have kick offs delayed to players from other sides can join to make up a starting 11 on an almost weekly basis. How players develop on that basis with scores blowing out to double digits on a now weekly basis must be so dis-heartening.

Wouldn't surprise me if the powers that be actually remove promotion and relegation at the end of this season. Like I said, expect the illogical.

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by scipio africanus »

You can add West Adelaide to the list.

Apparently they have just withdrawn their u/13 side from the comp.

magicfootball1
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by magicfootball1 »

Also get sick of Sturt under 6 or 7, forfeiting every game they play too.

That's got be to be deductions as well now, they cant keep doing that - Metro and Inter will be upset over the fact they have cancelled twice and then try to move other game this week to 8 am from 2:30 pm (Sturt home game) . Come on FFSA wake up

truthbeknown
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by truthbeknown »

So Why Sturt Gone? why do you have such an issue with Sturt? Para Hills & Adelaide Uni also joined the league with one less team, so why slander Sturt?? Just yesterday West Adelaide also withdrew a team, so that is 4 WNPL Clubs not submitting a full compliment. So Why Sturt getting a bagging? Big Deal last week their reserve team was light, for one week, check the facts. I pity you little sad people who clearly didn't make it into the league. Do you think their coaches bother to read your crap? do you think its a great triumph to get on the internet hiding behind your pseudo identities berating Clubs with little or no facts, upsetting teenagers & young women. Enjoy state league guys

abbie's keeper
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by abbie's keeper »

So true. :!: :!: :!:

Fitball
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Fitball »

You deserve everything your getting!

Princess Fiona
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Princess Fiona »

truthbeknown wrote:So Why Sturt Gone? why do you have such an issue with Sturt? Para Hills & Adelaide Uni also joined the league with one less team, so why slander Sturt?? Just yesterday West Adelaide also withdrew a team, so that is 4 WNPL Clubs not submitting a full compliment. So Why Sturt getting a bagging? Big Deal last week their reserve team was light, for one week, check the facts. I pity you little sad people who clearly didn't make it into the league. Do you think their coaches bother to read your crap? do you think its a great triumph to get on the internet hiding behind your pseudo identities berating Clubs with little or no facts, upsetting teenagers & young women. Enjoy state league guys
Thanks truthbeknown nice of you to join us with the 1 post.

If truth be known there isn't anything factually wrong in the posts above.
"Why Sturt?" That's easy - they deceived to get in.
So you are telling me Sturt had full U17 team signed up ready to go (must have as names were submitted to FFSA to make up the team) plus the other teams and miraculously the whole team dropped out days before the season started? :roll:
The truth be known I don't believe you

Glad we agree though teams like Sturt who say they meet the criteria and don't need to have extra scrutiny.
Sturt IMO should be kicked out next year for the clear deception.

snow white
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by snow white »

truthbeknown wrote:So Why Sturt Gone? why do you have such an issue with Sturt? Para Hills & Adelaide Uni also joined the league with one less team, so why slander Sturt?? Just yesterday West Adelaide also withdrew a team, so that is 4 WNPL Clubs not submitting a full compliment. So Why Sturt getting a bagging? Big Deal last week their reserve team was light, for one week, check the facts. I pity you little sad people who clearly didn't make it into the league. Do you think their coaches bother to read your crap? do you think its a great triumph to get on the internet hiding behind your pseudo identities berating Clubs with little or no facts, upsetting teenagers & young women. Enjoy state league guys
We agree on that clubs who have failed to met the WNPL entry criteria, should face the same consequences. Sturt are not alone on this.

But the fundamental difference which you conveniently overlook, is that Sturt never did actually meet the WNPL requirements and carried on this deception right until the start of the season, when all of a sudden, they front up and admit they don't have the required teams. Convenient also that the penalty was a pathetic 3 points. Small price to pay hey, for staying up??

Happy for you to provide facts on when Sturt actually met the criteria, when they originally realised that they were not going to field the required teams and what happen to the squad of u17's that were mysteriously lost just after the start of the season. Before you answer (and I suspect you won't) also remember, that it was from October 2015 that it was publicly called out, by dismal training numbers, that Sturt never had the numbers. The demise of the u/17 team was predicted for 6 months before it actually happened.

Look forward to the explanation.