"GO YOU REDS"

It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:31 am

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: David Warner walking off pitch
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:19 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52318
Location: Between the lake and the beach
God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
To GIAE : No, 6 is more than half, so using "at least" you are referring to the minimum, therefore the lesser sum. Had you said "up to six" you would have scored a tick.

As for proof, I don't have any, just word of people in the know, and given I doubt you can provide proof to the contrary, it's your word against mine and therefore you'll have to deal with it, accept it or just agree to disagree.

*KP still is a nutter - you only have to hear his commentary to know that he needs ongoing mental therapy.


To be half the team, what is the least number you could have given. 5.5, that number is not possible, so it has to be 6. Had I said up to 6, then you could have named one person.

The minimum number you could give to be right would be... how many class... yes, well done, it's 6.

So, "As for proof, I don't have any," - that's all we need. You've just made up numbers.

CUNS list - mentions players with mental disorders, nothing about seeing a shrink. The number needed would also go up as they all played at different time. You now need half of MANY teams. However, at least he has managed the 3 I was looking for.


Bomber wrote:
Maybe Warner should have instead seen a shrink like half the ex-england team did years back.


You can see what the original post was here - yes a bit of a throw-away post, but true.
Do you have any proof they didn't see a shrink, despite admitting they had mental disorders?
*KP is mad even if not clinically diagnosed

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: David Warner walking off pitch
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:22 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
To GIAE : No, 6 is more than half, so using "at least" you are referring to the minimum, therefore the lesser sum. Had you said "up to six" you would have scored a tick.

As for proof, I don't have any, just word of people in the know, and given I doubt you can provide proof to the contrary, it's your word against mine and therefore you'll have to deal with it, accept it or just agree to disagree.

*KP still is a nutter - you only have to hear his commentary to know that he needs ongoing mental therapy.


To be half the team, what is the least number you could have given. 5.5, that number is not possible, so it has to be 6. Had I said up to 6, then you could have named one person.

The minimum number you could give to be right would be... how many class... yes, well done, it's 6.

So, "As for proof, I don't have any," - that's all we need. You've just made up numbers.

CUNS list - mentions players with mental disorders, nothing about seeing a shrink. The number needed would also go up as they all played at different time. You now need half of MANY teams. However, at least he has managed the 3 I was looking for.


Bomber wrote:
Maybe Warner should have instead seen a shrink like half the ex-england team did years back.


You can see what the original post was here - yes a bit of a throw-away post, but true.
Do you have any proof they didn't see a shrink, despite admitting they had mental disorders?
*KP is mad even if not clinically diagnosed


I don't have proof, but you can't prove they did. Provide that proof and I will re-mark your test.

To get half the team, you need at least 6 names. I asked for 3 from you, you failed.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: David Warner walking off pitch
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:13 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52318
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Update: If you said at most 6, you'd pass MY test.

Tell me if anything wrong with this analogy - to have half of eleven, and if unable to fraction (which is the case here) you really need "at least 5 and at most 6"?

After all that, there is an out which can help resolve this - KP is really at best only half a pom, so let's use him as the 0.5 and we can start again

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: David Warner walking off pitch
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:34 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Posts: 16196
Bomber wrote:
Update: If you said at most 6, you'd pass MY test.

Tell me if anything wrong with this analogy - to have half of eleven, and if unable to fraction (which is the case here) you really need "at least 5 and at most 6"?

After all that, there is an out which can help resolve this - KP is really at best only half a pom, so let's use him as the 0.5 and we can start again


He's not even 0.5 :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: David Warner walking off pitch
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:52 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
ozzie owl wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Update: If you said at most 6, you'd pass MY test.

Tell me if anything wrong with this analogy - to have half of eleven, and if unable to fraction (which is the case here) you really need "at least 5 and at most 6"?

After all that, there is an out which can help resolve this - KP is really at best only half a pom, so let's use him as the 0.5 and we can start again


He's not even 0.5 :wink:


How is he not 0.5?

The irony of "ozzie" owl claiming someone isn't English.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: David Warner walking off pitch
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:55 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
Bomber wrote:
Update: If you said at most 6, you'd pass MY test.

Tell me if anything wrong with this analogy - to have half of eleven, and if unable to fraction (which is the case here) you really need "at least 5 and at most 6"?

After all that, there is an out which can help resolve this - KP is really at best only half a pom, so let's use him as the 0.5 and we can start again



If you named "at least 5", you wouldn't have named half the team. If you named 7, you would have named more than half and been fine. I'd have given you extra credit.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: David Warner walking off pitch
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:58 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52318
Location: Between the lake and the beach
God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Update: If you said at most 6, you'd pass MY test.

Tell me if anything wrong with this analogy - to have half of eleven, and if unable to fraction (which is the case here) you really need "at least 5 and at most 6"?

After all that, there is an out which can help resolve this - KP is really at best only half a pom, so let's use him as the 0.5 and we can start again



If you named "at least 5", you wouldn't have named half the team. If you named 7, you would have named more than half and been fine. I'd have given you extra credit.


So you admit that seven of them needed mental therapy (if extra credit was warranted).
Thanks for playing!

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: David Warner walking off pitch
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:49 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Update: If you said at most 6, you'd pass MY test.

Tell me if anything wrong with this analogy - to have half of eleven, and if unable to fraction (which is the case here) you really need "at least 5 and at most 6"?

After all that, there is an out which can help resolve this - KP is really at best only half a pom, so let's use him as the 0.5 and we can start again



If you named "at least 5", you wouldn't have named half the team. If you named 7, you would have named more than half and been fine. I'd have given you extra credit.


So you admit that seven of them needed mental therapy (if extra credit was warranted).
Thanks for playing!


IF such a small word, such a large meaning.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group