2ND ashes test!

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

2ND ashes test!

Post by Derek »

Nice quick turn around, cant wait.

Do we think either team will make changes?

I hope Finn gets the boot, i know he took some vital wickets in the 1st innings but overall his bowling was poor. Get Bresnan in there as he can bat a bit too!

Comfortable England win at Lords :wink:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: 2ND ashes test!

Post by God is an Englishman »

agreed - bresnan in for finn

unfortunately I thnk the aussie will go khawaja for cowan

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

My sleep has been caught up on and ready to go again......Aussie win can be the only result.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Would be nice to win the toss and have a bat for a start. Harris or Bird must play (take Starc out maybe). Also Cowan out, Khawaja in.
Ignore this signature

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

I agree that Stark may get the boot.

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

aussies will make 2 changes

Cowan and Starc to be dropped in favour of Khawaja and Bird/Harris

the poms still to have the cheat in their team

interesting fact, the aussies have won 14/18 test matches at Lord's?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

bubu wrote:the poms still to have the cheat in their team

looks like the aussies will still have theirs as well?

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

God is an Englishman wrote:

glad u agree, that broad is a cheat!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

bubu wrote:

glad u agree, that broad is a cheat!
have said it many times already, in my opinion he cheated.

BUT if he cheated, so did haddin and Clarke?

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

You are doing such a good job in the West Adelaide Hellas memorabilia thread today.

Don't go and spoil things :P
Time for some righteous indignation

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

Stitch This wrote:
You are doing such a good job in the West Adelaide Hellas memorabilia thread today.

Don't go and spoil things :P

but, hawkesy agrees with me that Broad is a cheat!
8)

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

But do you agree with me about haddin and clarke?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

All are in the same boat, but it just looks worse when one knows that you cant appeal via DRS, and the others could. If there were no DRS reviews left, and they were given not out, Haddin and Clarke would have looked worse in that they knew they couldnt call for the bloke upstairs. They are guilty of being silly more than anything, as it turned out the poms had the DRS up their sleeve when their calls were questioned and surely they should have known that and walked anyway. That said, given a poor appeal, the state of the game, Haddin's was almost understandable.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:All are in the same boat, but it just looks worse when one knows that you cant appeal via DRS, and the others could. If there were no DRS reviews left, and they were given not out, Haddin and Clarke would have looked worse in that they knew they couldnt call for the bloke upstairs. They are guilty of being silly more than anything, as it turned out the poms had the DRS up their sleeve when their calls were questioned and surely they should have known that and walked anyway. That said, given a poor appeal, the state of the game, Haddin's was almost understandable.

How silly did Clarke looked claiming he didn't hit it and going for the referral and wasting it?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Bomber wrote:All are in the same boat, but it just looks worse when one knows that you cant appeal via DRS, and the others could. If there were no DRS reviews left, and they were given not out, Haddin and Clarke would have looked worse in that they knew they couldnt call for the bloke upstairs. They are guilty of being silly more than anything, as it turned out the poms had the DRS up their sleeve when their calls were questioned and surely they should have known that and walked anyway. That said, given a poor appeal, the state of the game, Haddin's was almost understandable.

How silly did Clarke looked claiming he didn't hit it and going for the referral and wasting it?
Thats why I said silly, not so much a cheat. What sane person would refer it if they knew they hit it? Can only imagine he thought he didnt.
If he hit it, knew it, ump said not out and he knew there were no DRS reviews left for the poms, then yes, throw the "cheat" book at him.
Will be interesting if/when Broad comes to Australia all the same. I'm sure the local crowd will be nice to him. :lol:
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:

Thats why I said silly, not so much a cheat. What sane person would refer it if they knew they hit it? Can only imagine he thought he didnt.
If he hit it, knew it, ump said not out and he knew there were no DRS reviews left for the poms, then yes, throw the "cheat" book at him.
Will be interesting if/when Broad comes to Australia all the same. I'm sure the local crowd will be nice to him. :lol:
so broad hits in and stands there, he's a cheat. Clarke and hadding hit it and stand there, they're just silly. :lol: Clarke not only cheated but he's worse. He on the faint hope of the technology being faulty stood there after being given out.

As for the locals, you won't hear them over the barmy army anyway, you never do.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

so broad hits in and stands there, he's a cheat. Clarke and hadding hit it and stand there, they're just silly. :lol: Clarke not only cheated but he's worse. He on the faint hope of the technology being faulty stood there after being given out.

As for the locals, you won't hear them over the barmy army anyway, you never do.
You obviously didnt read the context I wrote re DRS situation. Its like the idiots on the bus pleading not guilty to the bashings, yet its all on video. Are they cheats or just stupid?
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:

You obviously didnt read the context I wrote re DRS situation. Its like the idiots on the bus pleading not guilty to the bashings, yet its all on video. Are they cheats or just stupid?

well technically none of them are cheats, no where in the rules does it state you have to walk.

I read the drs part and don't see the relevance. All 3 players are in the same boat.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Bomber wrote:

well technically none of them are cheats, no where in the rules does it state you have to walk.

I read the drs part and don't see the relevance. All 3 players are in the same boat.
Imagine if there was a DRS in the football WC in 86, England v Argentina - England had one review left before Maradona's hand of god. Do you think he would have claimed the goal and celebrated as such in that circumstance? Then think if England had no reviews left (which as they didnt exist, was the real outcome). If the first instance happened and goal was correctly disallowed due to DRS, would he still be classed as a cheat? It would have been forgotten about in a milli-second due to the correct call!
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:Imagine if there was a DRS in the football WC in 86, England v Argentina - England had one review left before Maradona's hand of god. Do you think he would have claimed the goal and celebrated as such in that circumstance? Then think if England had no reviews left (which as they didnt exist, was the real outcome). If the first instance happened and goal was correctly disallowed due to DRS, would he still be classed as a cheat? It would have been forgotten about in a milli-second due to the correct call!

yes it would have been forgotten about but he would still be a cheat.

I just fail to see how broad is more of a cheat because clarke shiraz up.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Bomber wrote:Imagine if there was a DRS in the football WC in 86, England v Argentina - England had one review left before Maradona's hand of god. Do you think he would have claimed the goal and celebrated as such in that circumstance? Then think if England had no reviews left (which as they didnt exist, was the real outcome). If the first instance happened and goal was correctly disallowed due to DRS, would he still be classed as a cheat? It would have been forgotten about in a milli-second due to the correct call!

Coz he knew the decision couldnt and wouldnt be allowed to be challenged. Quite simple really.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:

Coz he knew the decision couldnt and wouldnt be allowed to be challenged. Quite simple really.

so he's to blame because clarke shiraz up? Do you really think in the heat of the moment, how many reviews they had left was even considered?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Absolutely! It's a pretty important "tactic" these days. That, plus I imagine reviews left would be flashed up on the screen every so often.
Ignore this signature

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

a cheat is a cheat!

u cant be more of a cheat than someone else
:lol:

Mad_Max
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mad_Max »

Don't we all wish Broad had walked now.

Anything to avoid another 6 weeks of this cabernet.
Now, if you're lucky, you could hack through your ankle in five minutes.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

bubu wrote:

a cheat is a cheat!

So do you agree that clarke and haddin are cheats then?

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

bubu wrote:

a cheat is a cheat!

So do you agree that clarke and haddin are cheats then?

no

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

Mad_Max wrote:Don't we all wish Broad had walked now.

Anything to avoid another 6 weeks of this cabernet.

I doubt it, the Poms would of had another whinge about something else, maybe like the weather was too hot for the!

Mad_Max
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mad_Max »

Cowan and Starc OUT

Khawaja and Harris IN

Re-arranging the deckchairs :P
Now, if you're lucky, you could hack through your ankle in five minutes.

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Mad_Max wrote:Cowan and Starc OUT

Khawaja and Harris IN

Re-arranging the deckchairs :P
Starc call is a bit tuff but to be honest Cowan shouldn't have got a gig in the first test.

Is Harris fit?