Croydon Kings FC U18 trial dates

Are you a player or coach looking for a new club? Are you a club looking for new players or coaches? This forum is for posting messages for those looking for players, coaches or clubs including details of any clubs upcoming trials.
We encourage the distribution of any information posted in this forum to schools etc.
Users can post announcements in this forum and can lock their own topics.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, Judge Judy, COLOSSUS, Forum Admins

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Croydon Kings FC U18 trial dates

Post by johnydep »

CKFC wrote:Croydon Kings FC Under 18 (1995 born or after) trials will commence early October 2013.
  • Trial 1 – Wednesday night 3rd October – 6 to 8pm

Trial 2 – Sunday 7th October – 10am to 12pm

Player selection will be conducted at Polonia, under the supervision of the Senior football panel. Trialing players must be 1995/6 born or after, to be eligible to trial

the_gun
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Croydon Kings FC U18 trial dates

Post by the_gun »

i hope all the current croydon players get priority. if were then short on players then we should be looking elsewhere. makes sense to me.

gazza
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by gazza »

the_gun wrote:i hope all the current croydon players get priority. if were then short on players then we should be looking elsewhere. makes sense to me.
I'm sure they will. Croydon together with Para Hills, ABE and CCSC, is one of the only four Clubs who believe in development ahead of winning.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

gazza wrote:
the_gun wrote:i hope all the current croydon players get priority. if were then short on players then we should be looking elsewhere. makes sense to me.
I'm sure they will. Croydon together with Para Hills, ABE and CCSC, is one of the only four Clubs who believe in development ahead of winning.
You sure? There don't seem to be too many coming up from the Reserves in recent times.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

gazza wrote:
Is that fact or only your opinion? How can you support that comment?

the_gun
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by the_gun »

its seems ridiculous to me that a club could potential turf out a junior who has been at the club for lets say 10 years and replace him with a guy from elsewhere especially at U18 level.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

the_gun wrote:its seems ridiculous to me that a club could potential turf out a junior who has been at the club for lets say 10 years and replace him with a guy from elsewhere especially at U18 level.
When it comes to U18's, it is time to stand up as by this time, you need to have at least some capabilities that identify you as a future first team player. If you cant cut the mustard by then, then seriously, alternatives are sometimes necessary. At least our long termers are given precedence over a newie, unless that newie has something special.
We only took 2 or 3 newies this season, one already training with first team.
Ressies and seniors wont have trials as we believe we have enough good youth to develop already.
Ignore this signature

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

the_gun wrote:its seems ridiculous to me that a club could potential turf out a junior who has been at the club for lets say 10 years and replace him with a guy from elsewhere especially at U18 level.
It will happen at every club during the next few weeks, just like it does every year.
Time for some righteous indignation

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

Stitch This wrote:
It will happen at every club during the next few weeks, just like it does every year.
It needs to happen, cruel as it may be.

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by johnydep »

Bomber wrote:
When it comes to U18's, it is time to stand up as by this time, you need to have at least some capabilities that identify you as a future first team player. If you cant cut the mustard by then, then seriously, alternatives are sometimes necessary. At least our long termers are given precedence over a newie, unless that newie has something special.
Ressies and seniors wont have trials as we believe we have enough good youth to develop already.
Well said Bomber. Croydon Kings FC always look after their loyal players; Seniors and juniors.

Ibelieve
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Ibelieve »

I'm sure most of seniors at Croydon are from their junior set up????

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by johnydep »

Ibelieve wrote:I'm sure most of seniors at Croydon are from their junior set up????
Subject is U18's, and as Bomber pointed out "When it comes to U18's, it is time to stand up as by this time, you need to have at least some capabilities that identify you as a future first team player. If you cant cut the mustard by then, then seriously, alternatives are sometimes necessary. At least our long termers are given precedence over a newie, unless that newie has something special.
Ressies and seniors wont have trials as we believe we have enough good youth to develop already."

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

And thats why, if implemented, this proposed "player squad points system" for 2013 wont affect us too badly. 8)
Ignore this signature

the_gun
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by the_gun »

i have never understood why trials are necessary at junior level. eg. U6-U17. in my opinion any current player should automatically be accepted into the next grade and only then if we are short we should be bringing in new players. i especially don't like the idea of any young kid who's been playing for the club since U6 being rejected because some new guy has come in, especially when that new guy leaves the following season. in my opinion its not good for building a supporter base in the long term either.

the fink
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by the fink »

the_gun wrote:i have never understood why trials are necessary at junior level. eg. U6-U17. in my opinion any current player should automatically be accepted into the next grade and only then if we are short we should be bringing in new players. i especially don't like the idea of any young kid who's been playing for the club since U6 being rejected because some new guy has come in, especially when that new guy leaves the following season. in my opinion its not good for building a supporter base in the long term either.
lol , so what age did they give u the flick ?

the_gun
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by the_gun »

perhaps at around the U18/19 level as bomber suggested.

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by johnydep »

the_gun wrote:i have never understood why trials are necessary at junior level. eg. U6-U17. in my opinion any current player should automatically be accepted into the next grade and only then if we are short we should be bringing in new players. i especially don't like the idea of any young kid who's been playing for the club since U6 being rejected because some new guy has come in, especially when that new guy leaves the following season. in my opinion its not good for building a supporter base in the long term either.
The past 4 or 5 years of trials at CKFC has seen most junior players retained at the club, last year we managed to keep about 95%. Some players leave on their own accord, some retire. We've managed to keep many Croydon players by having two teams in each age group, with trials the tool to place the players in the best team that suits their capabilities.

Some parents don't like the decisions made at trials, or the team their child is placed in.

The Club realises that players change over the season break, and as the season progresses. For the past two years players in both teams have moved, up and down, depending on their skill level during pre-season and as the season progresses.

The same will happen with the U18 squad. The team will be a relatively young squad, players will have to maintain their skill level for the whole year. Players will be moved up and down, depending on their playing, skill, attitude, fitness, etc. Movement could be as high as the first team, and as low as U16/U17.

No system is perfect, and no club has all the answers. We do what we can with the tools at hand, and the staff and volunteers available.

Good luck to all.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Loyalty is one thing, but it works both ways. Often we show faith in someone and they bolt as they think they (or their parents) know better.
Bottom line - by age 18, really unless you have advanced and progressed in a manner ready for senior football, the club itself has a duty to make some hard calls. Thats why so much care is taken at selecting the right people for the right coaching/development jobs that also have an open mind (not to be influenced by people with personal agendas).
I would hate to think our senior team was at risk due to some policy which only allowed players that played in juniors all the way up to be considered. That would be suicide!
Ignore this signature

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Wrong Forum...

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by johnydep »

Steve#6 wrote:Wrong Forum...
Why?
Local SA and A-League Football

This forum is for the discussion of local South Australian football topics include Adelaide United and the A-League

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Ok so it is ok for all fed clubs to clutter up this section with their trial dates.

Put it in the coach player finder section.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Steve#6 wrote:Ok so it is ok for all fed clubs to clutter up this section with their trial dates.

I'd suggest that the title leaves little to interpretation so it should be pretty obvious what the thread's about. If you're not interested, why bother opening it in the first place?
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Steve#6 wrote:Ok so it is ok for all fed clubs to clutter up this section with their trial dates.

I'd suggest that the title leaves little to interpretation so it should be pretty obvious what the thread's about. If you're not interested, why bother opening it in the first place?
Just trying to clarify what can be posted in that section....No harm in being an informed forumite is there? :wink: