Denmark V Australia

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

zzz
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Denmark V Australia

Post by zzz »

Bomber wrote:
zzz wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Sad part is many can't admit that it was a decent effort from a bunch of more or less second graders. You don't have to like the team, but those who loathe them are too obvious with their boring nit-picking about how "bad and lucky" they were. Bottom line, very competitive against two high ranked nations so far, so punching above our weight IMO.
I would agree. For a poor footballing team it was quite an industrious effort, especially if your industry is waste disposal.
Still pissed that Italy didn't make it I see. Do you spit on homeless people for kicks?
No, I like to talk about football.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

zzz wrote:
Bomber wrote:
zzz wrote: Without the VAR wrong penalty decision, it would've been a comfortable victory for Denmark
Yes, so comfortable that they were backpedalling most of the second half and looked more relieved at the final whistle than us.
Of course they looked more relieved. They got a result they wanted whereas the Socceroos are effectively out of the tournament.
Stupid comment (big surprise). Had they won, they would be assured!
Ignore this signature

zzz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by zzz »

biscotto is enough assurance if Peru don't get the expected result

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

zzz wrote: No, I like to talk about football.
Only 40 odd posts since registering in 2015 would suggest otherwise. Oops, sorry grosso, forgot about all your other user names.
Ignore this signature

zzz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by zzz »

Bomber wrote:
Only 40 odd posts since registering in 2015 would suggest otherwise. Oops, sorry grosso, forgot about all your other user names.
I have a kangaroo in the garden what should I do?

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

zzz wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote: However, that aside, I thought Australia were good value for a point.
Sad part is many can't admit that it was a decent effort from a bunch of more or less second graders. You don't have to like the team, but those who loathe them are too obvious with their boring nit-picking about how "bad and lucky" they were. Bottom line, very competitive against two high ranked nations so far, so punching above our weight IMO.
I would agree. For a poor footballing team it was quite an industrious effort, especially if your industry is waste disposal.
How is your WC side going ? Oh they didnt qualify did they Grosso?

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

zzz wrote:
Bomber wrote:
I have a kangaroo in the garden what should I do?

zzz= cookie monster?

zzz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by zzz »

mostro biscotto

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by thebeautifulgame »

Bomber wrote:Impressed with the team and the way they played. Only things - Kruse must stay on the bench, and give Cahill a run last 10-15. Leckie, Mooy and Sainsbury had good games and impressed with Arzani.
Also impressed with coach, to get this relatively weak team to play at a competent level with decent tempo and confidence. Pity he wont stay on after the cup.
Can beat Peru, just a matter of if the French and Denmark are "happy" to play out a tame draw - then we're stuffed.
Agree with all of the above and it was a huge effort from Australia, was really impressed with them. Only thing you forgot to mention is that Rogic also showed well with his trickery and passing ability. Perhaps you don't rate him and everyone is entitled to their opinion or is it just that he plays for Celtic? I think the lad is a fantastic talent though his Achilles heel tends to be a lack of stamina as he often fades as the game reaches its final stages.