Rule Change Idea...

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Chico
Star Player
Star Player

Rule Change Idea...

Post by Chico »

A friend of mine suggested something the other day that I kind of like...

Free kicks inside the box are not an automatic penalty, direct free kick from inside the box is only a penalty IF it is DOGSO, otherwise just a direct free kick from where the infringement occurred.

Thoughts?

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Rule Change Idea...

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Chico wrote:A friend of mine suggested something the other day that I kind of like...

Free kicks inside the box are not an automatic penalty, direct free kick from inside the box is only a penalty IF it is DOGSO, otherwise just a direct free kick from where the infringement occurred.

Thoughts?
:lol: and have all 11 opposition players lined up on the goal line? That'd work well :shock:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Nice One Cyril wrote: :lol: and have all 11 opposition players lined up on the goal line? That'd work well :shock:
A lot like Mourinhos tactics
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Chico wrote:A friend of mine suggested something the other day that I kind of like...

Thoughts?
:lol: and have all 11 opposition players lined up on the goal line? That'd work well :shock:
They're called Laws-of-the-Game, not rules. Refer to the other thread about requests for changes that made the 1st December 2014 deadline for IFAB's AGM.

Chico
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chico »

Nice One Cyril wrote:

Thoughts?
I take your point but how else would we address the inequity of the penalty kick for "soft" fouls in the area?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Chico wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

Thoughts?
I take your point but how else would we address the inequity of the penalty kick for "soft" fouls in the area?
You do know that indirect free kicks can still apply in penalty area (for the supposed "soft" fouls you talk about)?
Ignore this signature

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Chico wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

Thoughts?
Not sure about the inequity bit, but in general it's simple, teach your defenders not to make stupid and unneccessary challenges inside the area.

As an added incentive, we could also introduce retrospective 5 match bans for forwards that dive in the box, but that ain't gonna happen :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Bomber wrote:
Chico wrote:I take your point but how else would we address the inequity of the penalty kick for "soft" fouls in the area?
You do know that indirect free kicks can still apply in penalty area (for the supposed "soft" fouls you talk about)?
If you take the keeper out of the equation, that pretty much only leaves you obstruction, which most refs seem to give as fouls these days anyway.
Danny Blanchflower

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Chico wrote:I take your point but how else would we address the inequity of the penalty kick for "soft" fouls in the area?
If you take the keeper out of the equation, that pretty much only leaves you obstruction, which most refs seem to give as fouls these days anyway.
And I'm amazed at the irregularity that this type of foul is given as such (silly as it is).
Ignore this signature

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

Bomber wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:If you take the keeper out of the equation, that pretty much only leaves you obstruction, which most refs seem to give as fouls these days anyway.
And I'm amazed at the irregularity that this type of foul is given as such (silly as it is).
Love the defender "seeing the ball out" that basiccaly hip and shoulders the attacker away from the ball. Technically, foul.
HA'WAY THE LADS

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Outlaw 2.0 wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:If you take the keeper out of the equation, that pretty much only leaves you obstruction, which most refs seem to give as fouls these days anyway.
Love the defender "seeing the ball out" that basiccaly hip and shoulders the attacker away from the ball. Technically, foul.
That's bull because almost always the attacking player is climbing all over the back of the defender and it should be a foul 99% of the time. Even if the defender blocks him, it's obstruction, not a foul.

I wish refs would give fouls when players grab, you can put your arm out to block and hold a space, but it's not a game where use of your hands is allowed (keepers excepted).
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Outlaw 2.0 wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Time to change your sig/pic Outlaw. Defoe's on the weekend was better :)
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

haywood djablowme
Time to change your sig/pic Outlaw. Defoe's on the weekend was better :)
Yes it was
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

I can't recall seeing a foul given for obstruction in the penalty box for many years.

Obstruction should only be paid when the ball is not within "Playing Distance".

Many players get away with holding players back with their arms which is also illegal.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details