Euro Champions League 14/15

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Euro Champions League 14/15

Post by N5 1BH »

3 - 0 and we f#cked it up. No more than Anderlecht deserved, they could have even won it at the end. Arsenal were horrible at times.

It's sad that clubs like Anderlecht can't keep their young teams together as they will no doubt get raided by the richer, lazier clubs at the end of the season. Would make for a much better comp if clubs could build and keep their squads.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Juventino wrote:Huge win. Great spirit shown after we went behind, much better approach from the start. But not scoring that fourth could come back to haunt us - Olympiacos have the better head-to-head record now. We have to get four points (assuming Atletico beat Olympiacos next game).
Watching it now, it's a good game.

I love watching Pirlo play, makes me smile he's so far ahead of everyone else.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Arsenal stopped me from winning $260 multi. Left the house happy as can be and by the time I got to work it was 3-3. It would be wise for everyone to steer clear of me in the office today :evil:

Rodgers roll over and die team selection cheered me up a little though

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

Last match day Italian football was finished.

Today Arsenal drop their bundle at the Emirates to Anderlecht no less & Liverpool are celebrating a respectful loss in a game where they'd conceded defeat before it had started.

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Juventino wrote:Huge win. Great spirit shown after we went behind, much better approach from the start. But not scoring that fourth could come back to haunt us - Olympiacos have the better head-to-head record now. We have to get four points (assuming Atletico beat Olympiacos next game).
Watching it now, it's a good game.

I love watching Pirlo play, makes me smile he's so far ahead of everyone else.
His best performance of the season.

Pirlo has not scored in open play since March 2012 - since then one penalty (well, it was saved and he put in the rebound) and 16 free kicks :lol: I feel more assured when Pirlo takes a free kick than when he's at the spot.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

getborn wrote:Last match day Italian football was finished.

Today Arsenal drop their bundle at the Emirates to Anderlecht no less & Liverpool are celebrating a respectful loss in a game where they'd conceded defeat before it had started.
Happy for you that Arsenal's stuff up this morning against 5 time Euro trophy winners Anderlecht leaves you comfortable with where Italian football is at.

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

N5 1BH wrote:
getborn wrote:Last match day Italian football was finished.

Happy for you that Arsenal's stuff up this morning against 5 time Euro trophy winners Anderlecht leaves you comfortable with where Italian football is at.

Thankyou & Man City this morning was the icing the cake. :wink:

Fact Hunt
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Fact Hunt »

Man City have won as many European games this season as Man Utd

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Watched the last half of Man City game, sounded like there was about 4,000 in there most of the time, no atmosphere.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Jeez, anyone see Steve Nicol, Shaka Hislop & Craig Burley on ESPN get stuck in about Liverpool playing nearly a Reserve side in Madrid, being content with an 'honourable' defeat & saving themselves for this weekend's game v. Chelsea? They didn't hold back..

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Rightly so, it was embarrassing. All of the players that worked so hard to get that chance last season got rested??!!

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Derek wrote:Rightly so, it was embarrassing. All of the players that worked so hard to get that chance last season got rested??!!
Which is why, however many teams they let into it, it should be random draw and a straight two leg knockout, no sodding about.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

i don't agree with it at all, but if we beat Chelsea and win the last 2 CL games BR git it right.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Uefa's rules on teams' Champions League participation
Duties of the clubs
4.01 (d) to play in the competition until their elimination and to field their strongest team throughout the competition

In truth I suppose it could be argued that leaving out the likes of balloteli, lovren, Johnson, sakho & coutinho etc does make the team stronger

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

It's a stupid 'rule'. The manager decides his strongest team for each game.

Also Liverpool's score was 'better' in this game, so how could anyone say it was a weaker team.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

I think City did well to force mistakes out of Bayern but its pretty sad that the Premier league champion needs to force errors out of a side that's down one player to get a result.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Stuckey wrote:I think City did well to force mistakes out of Bayern but its pretty sad that the Premier league champion needs to force errors out of a side that's down one player to get a result.
:?
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote:
Stuckey wrote:I think City did well to force mistakes out of Bayern but its pretty sad that the Premier league champion needs to force errors out of a side that's down one player to get a result.
:?
:lol: Confused me too, but then I remembered that this doesn't happen on FIFA15 :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

What did Fossie say after the game as he so biased towards Bayern now they have Pep as manager? I am sure he was smirking at half time with the score at 2-1.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

ozzie owl wrote:
What did Fossie say after the game as he so biased towards Bayern now they have Pep as manager? I am sure he was smirking at half time with the score at 2-1.
Yes he was enjoying himself then!

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Stuckey wrote:
ozzie owl wrote:
Yes he was enjoying himself then!
I'm no Man City fan but would loved to have seen and heard Fossie after the match.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

The penalty on Aguero was warranted, but the triple punishment now for the Bayern defender for that non-violent DOGSO tackle underlines why UEFA is so determined to reduce that DOGSO sanction to a penalty & yellow card.

This issue rightfully currently sits with Laws Board IFAB's Technical committee and will be on IFAB's next AGM. AGAIN.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

ozzie owl wrote:
I'm no Man City fan but would loved to have seen and heard Fossie after the match.
He wasn't as upset as I thought he would be. He paid credit to City for the equaliser as their pressing forced the mistake from Alonso but he said the 3rd City goal was just down to stupidity.

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

Anyone else notice that Chelsea belted a Bundesliga team 5-0 away from home? Pretty good eh!

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Con M wrote:The penalty on Aguero was warranted, but the triple punishment now for the Bayern defender for that non-violent DOGSO tackle underlines why UEFA is so determined to reduce that DOGSO sanction to a penalty & yellow card.

This issue rightfully currently sits with Laws Board IFAB's Technical committee and will be on IFAB's next AGM. AGAIN.
Yawn.
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Very good team performance this morning. First time we can say that in a long time & clean sheet as well

Hopefully that result raises the confidence & kick starts our season
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Finally an away win and just a point from qualifying. Could also still finish first.

If only Vidal had scored his late penalty vs Olympiacos, we'd already be through.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Let in late equaliser, :evil: . Now must beat Basel in last game and hope Real keep on keeping on.
Ignore this signature

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Ha! So much for the Bundesliga, English teams 3 - Germans 0. Scored 10 - conceded 2. Funny what one round can do.

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Bomber wrote:Let in late equaliser, :evil: . Now must beat Basel in last game and hope Real keep on keeping on.
Doesn't matter what Ludogorets do, you have the head-to-head over them. Liverpool have to beat Basel.