Wenger whingeing again

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Wenger whingeing again

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Not content with setting a piss poor example by starting the handbags with the opposing manager, he then has the gall to sit at the news conference and moan about the decisions.
Wenger wrote:A red card for Cahill wouldn’t surprise you if you watched it again, Oscar was lucky to stay on the pitch with his repeated fouling and he was only booked in the 88th minute. He was purposely fouling. Then there is Ivanovic as well with bad fouls, but it’s down to the referee, not to me.
:lol: What a peanut, Arsenal got the best of the decisions all afternoon and he's still whining. Just a shame the ref didn't have the guts to hand out the three obvious red cards to the Goons.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Re: Wenger whingeing again

Post by Bomber »

Whilst he turned the club around from "same old boring Arsenal", I think he's run his race. He needs a new environment. Any foreigner spending so much time in England will surely only improve his whingeing and he had mastered that years ago. :P
Ignore this signature

Penalty Rates
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Penalty Rates »

Bomber wrote:Whilst he turned the club around from "same old boring Arsenal", I think he's run his race.
Well and truly.
I love bank holidays

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Nice One Cyril wrote:Not content with setting a piss poor example by starting the handbags with the opposing manager, he then has the gall to sit at the news conference and moan about the decisions.
Wenger wrote:A red card for Cahill wouldn’t surprise you if you watched it again, Oscar was lucky to stay on the pitch with his repeated fouling and he was only booked in the 88th minute. He was purposely fouling. Then there is Ivanovic as well with bad fouls, but it’s down to the referee, not to me.
:lol: What a peanut, Arsenal got the best of the decisions all afternoon and he's still whining. Just a shame the ref didn't have the guts to hand out the three obvious red cards to the Goons.
Ha! love this feeble attempt by a yiddo at sh!tstirring. Let’s compare;

In 18 years at the Gunners Wenger has won 3 league titles and 5 FA cups (including 2 doubles), always finishing above the spuds, qualified for 17 successive champions leagues.

In 18 years the spuds have had 16 so called coaches, collectively winning f#ck all apart from a couple of (what was it at the time) worthington / carling cups ?

He has won more titles and doubles in his 18 years than spuds have won ever and there are team photos in colour to prove it. Couldn’t find a colour photo of Tottenham’s last title success, have to make do with this. :wink:

Scholes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Scholes »

Wenger would only need to spend 10 minutes in orstraya to graduate with honours in whinging.

Míke Hunt
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Míke Hunt »

If anything you have multiple degrees in that.
I'm a cheeky devil

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

B.Toomer wrote:Wenger would only need to spend 10 minutes in orstraya to graduate with honours in whinging.
He already has honours in it, so spending any time here could only be an education on how to do it best for everyone else.
Ignore this signature

Ernie Cooksey
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ernie Cooksey »

If it would take him 10 minutes then the standard here can't be high. I'm sure that's not what you meant.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Wenger is right thou, Cahill should of been sent off early on, game would of been a different story. Only reason Laurant (def red card) stayed on was due to the ref not sending off Cahill earlier. Same with the Welbeck challenge, ref set a precedent early on.
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Bomber wrote:Whilst he turned the club around from "same old boring Arsenal", I think he's run his race.
Dunno 'bout that, Bomber. Look how long ol' Blue Nose went at Man.U.

And Wenger will have more and more £££'s to spend on the squad now that the Stadium thing is secured away.

As for this incident, that was a terrible tackle right under the nose of the 4th official that so riled Wenger. I wish I.F.A.B. would allow those 4th officials to report things to the central referee during the game just like assistant refs can.

And I bet the colourful Jose said something provocative too, to set Wenger off like that.

Re Arsenal's performance, that was really poor by the centrebacks on Costa's goal. Just like van Gaal, Wenger will pull out the chequebook in January...

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Con M wrote:
Dunno 'bout that, Bomber. Look how long ol' Blue Nose went at Man.U.

And Wenger will have more and more £££'s to spend on the squad now that the Stadium thing is secured away.

As for this incident, that was a terrible tackle right under the nose of the 4th official that so riled Wenger. I wish I.F.A.B. would allow those 4th officials to report things to the central referee during the game just like assistant refs can.

And I bet the colourful Jose said something provocative too, to set Wenger off like that.

Re Arsenal's performance, that was really poor by the centrebacks on Costa's goal. Just like van Gaal, Wenger will pull out the chequebook in January...
We've been crying out for a new CB for years, so why is he going to sign one this January..?? If Debuchy was fit Chambers would be playing in place of Per. The first goal is an area we need soughting out first. Hazard has run thru the middle of the park, past 3 players, unchallenged & then upended by Laurant (due to his frustration at how easy it is to come past our DCM). Defensive midfielder is what we need!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not once was there any holes in the Chelsea defensive unit for us to exploit, on the other hand.....

Matic BOG - now thats the type of player we need

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Con M wrote: I wish I.F.A.B. would allow those 4th officials to report things to the central referee during the game just like assistant refs can.

I thought the 4th official could report things

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Con M wrote: I wish I.F.A.B. would allow those 4th officials to report things to the central referee during the game just like assistant refs can.

I thought the 4th official could report things
Nope, not during the game. Can only report trangressions AFTER the game. Check it.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Wasn't it the 4th official that got Zidane sent off in the World Cup final?
FIFA wrote:•He assists the referee to control the match in accordance with the Laws of the Game. The referee, however, retains the authority to decide on all points connected with play.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote:Wenger is right thou, Cahill should of been sent off early on, game would of been a different story. Only reason Laurant (def red card) stayed on was due to the ref not sending off Cahill earlier. Same with the Welbeck challenge, ref set a precedent early on.
Cahill's challenge was one of those marginal decisions that could go either way, one foot outstretched, but missed the ball and collected the man. Refs would see it as reckless, but not dangerous, most of the time. Probably helped that it was early in the game as well.

Chambers would have been a bit soft, but certainly would have been booked for the second if he hadn't already been in the book. Koscielny was undeniably the 'last defender' so should have gone under the DOGSO ruling, and Welbeck's challenge was a disgrace, both feet off the ground, straight legs, out of control. Red card every time, but the ref bottled it.

Nice to be looking down on the Goons again :wink:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

God is an Englishman wrote:Wasn't it the 4th official that got Zidane sent off in the World Cup final?
FIFA wrote:
That was a farkup. The 4th got caught out. Check it again. IFAB's pronouncement is there - 4th officials given powers to report incidents AFTER the game.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Con M wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Wasn't it the 4th official that got Zidane sent off in the World Cup final?
FIFA wrote:
That was a farkup. The 4th got caught out. Check it again. IFAB's pronouncement is there - 4th officials given powers to report incidents AFTER the game.
FIFA wrote:•He assists the referee to control the match in accordance with the Laws of the Game. The referee, however, retains the authority to decide on all points connected with play.
[/quote]

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Nice One Cyril wrote:
haywood djablowme wrote:Wenger is right thou, Cahill should of been sent off early on, game would of been a different story. Only reason Laurant (def red card) stayed on was due to the ref not sending off Cahill earlier. Same with the Welbeck challenge, ref set a precedent early on.
Cahill's challenge was one of those marginal decisions that could go either way, one foot outstretched, but missed the ball and collected the man. Refs would see it as reckless, but not dangerous, most of the time. Probably helped that it was early in the game as well.

Chambers would have been a bit soft, but certainly would have been booked for the second if he hadn't already been in the book. Koscielny was undeniably the 'last defender' so should have gone under the DOGSO ruling, and Welbeck's challenge was a disgrace, both feet off the ground, straight legs, out of control. Red card every time, but the ref bottled it.

:oops: RU serious Cyril, Cahills was not two footed..??

In your world of football wisdom Sir, tell me the difference between the Cahill tackle & the Welbeck one?? Or is just because one had a blue shirt on & the other a Red & White one on

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

:oops: RU serious Cyril, Cahills was not two footed..??

In your world of football wisdom Sir, tell me the difference between the Cahill tackle & the Welbeck one?? Or is just because one had a blue shirt on & the other a Red & White one on
Get your eyesight tested. Cahill led with one foot outstretched, Welbeck with two. Sure, it helps that one had the hated shirt on his back, but I rise above all that and look at things objectively :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

Talk Is Cheap
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Talk Is Cheap »

B.Toomer wrote:Wenger would only need to spend 10 minutes in orstraya to graduate with honours in whinging.
Míke Hunt wrote:If anything you have multiple degrees in that.
Bomber wrote:He already has honours in it, so spending any time here could only be an education on how to do it best for everyone else.
My sentiments exactly, one of the biggest exponents of the whinge to frequent these pages.
Steven C Gull

Scholes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Scholes »

No second or third prize chumps :lol: :lol:

Scholes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Scholes »

Seems like the convicts are still whinging. Now it's the Pakis that are supposedly "doctoring" the pitch. Seems like every cricket playing nation "doctors" pitches, except the orstrayuns of course. WHINGING AUSSIES. :oops: :oops:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

B.Toomer wrote:Seems like the convicts are still whinging. Now it's the Pakis that are supposedly "doctoring" the pitch. Seems like every cricket playing nation "doctors" pitches, except the orstrayuns of course. WHINGING AUSSIES. :oops: :oops:
Every nation does it, only one nation complains about it though. Of course you produce a pitch to suit your team, it's called home advantage. Cons seem to think they have a divine right to decide how a pitch should play.

COYR98
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by COYR98 »

Wenger is a shiraz joke, since when does a club accept such mediocrity? I understand all stadium deal that he had to pay off, but look at Simeone with Madrid, he used a squad that had a string tight budget and was able to win the league and go to the UCL final. Constant failings in the transfer market - Defensive midfielder is urgently needed, cover at the back and a world class striker. As well as playing Ozil out of position, how many lackluster performances does he have to put in until he realizes his problem.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:
B.Toomer wrote:Seems like the convicts are still whinging. Now it's the Pakis that are supposedly "doctoring" the pitch. Seems like every cricket playing nation "doctors" pitches, except the orstrayuns of course. WHINGING AUSSIES. :oops: :oops:
Every nation does it, only one nation complains about it though. Of course you produce a pitch to suit your team, it's called home advantage. Cons seem to think they have a divine right to decide how a pitch should play.
1. They're not playing in Pakistan
2. All our test wickets play differently, therefore hardly doctoring
3. Who's whingeing anyway apart from the usual culprits around here, eg Toomer, GIAE etc?
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Love it, I'm not whingeing I'm laughing at your whingeing. World Champion whingers Australia at it again :lol:

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:Love it, I'm not whingeing I'm laughing at your whingeing. World Champion whingers Australia at it again :lol:
Toomer was the one whingeing, no-one else posted anything about the cricket. And you always bang on about "being here to educate". Perhaps some of it is working if this so-called whingeing is getting on here.
When do we doctor our pitches?
Gabba - great pitch, good for seamers early on, spinners take wickets any time
WACA - good bounce, favours the quicks but can get quick runs and still post big scores
MCG - has changed over the years, used to keep low and now with drop in wickets, can crack up quickly if its hot. No real favour to either batsman or bowler for me
SCG - good for seamers early on, can swing around a bit if moisture in the air, but clearly known for being kind to spinners
AO - Usually a good batting wicket, nice to win the toss here and bat, however despite favouring batsman, usually see a result within the 5 days.
Ignore this signature

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Bomber wrote:Whilst he turned the club around from "same old boring Arsenal", I think he's run his race. He needs a new environment. Any foreigner spending so much time in England will surely only improve his whingeing and he had mastered that years ago. :P
Agree 100% the punt on Oezil is proof along with a lack of trophies. What a waste of £45 million pounds

I know I'll cop a bit from arsenal supporters but there has been thus far no value in that price

At that price you require consistency.

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by maxin in the shade »

El Pibe D'Oro wrote:
Bomber wrote:Whilst he turned the club around from "same old boring Arsenal", I think he's run his race. He needs a new environment. Any foreigner spending so much time in England will surely only improve his whingeing and he had mastered that years ago. :P
Agree 100% the punt on Oezil is proof along with a lack of trophies. What a waste of £45 million pounds

I know I'll cop a bit from arsenal supporters but there has been thus far no value in that price

At that price you require consistency.
definately - but why pay that much then not play him in his preferred position?

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

haywood djablowme wrote:If Debuchy was fit Chambers would be playing in place of Per.
Good strategy if you think being without him every few weeks throughout the season helps.

Five yellows in seven games :lol:
Time for some righteous indignation