Wayne Rooney

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Wayne Rooney

Post by God is an Englishman »

what a chardonnay. Should have played for his country but oh no, he's injured.

Sick of weak modern footballers who don't seem to care about playing for their country. I always thought rooney was different.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Re: Wayne Rooney

Post by ozzie owl »

Becoming a modern trend where club football is more important than playing for the country.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

ozzie owl wrote:Becoming a modern trend where club football is more important than playing for the country.

The FA/FIFA need to clamp down on it. I can understand for a friendly but this was a world cup qualified. Modern footballers are just SOFT!

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Did you see the pics of Rooney head injury? Would keep players out for a couple of weeks, at least
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

God is an Englishman wrote:what a chardonnay. Should have played for his country but oh no, he's injured.

Sick of weak modern footballers who don't seem to care about playing for their country. I always thought rooney was different.
I thought he lost the plot during WC2010 or is my memory playing tricks?
Time for some righteous indignation

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

haywood djablowme wrote:Did you see the pics of Rooney head injury? Would keep players out for a couple of weeks, at least

Terry Butcher

Paul Ince
Steve Morison

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Morison played for England? :shock:
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:Morison played for England? :shock:

no, he played international football though and also played with a big cut in his head.

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

I do agree, but would it have been his decision?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

harry kewell was once told he couldn't play for australia by his club and he turned up anyway and that was in a friendly.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

GIAE I opened the door for you to post these & I understand your rant but these injuries occured during a game, when the adrenalin is kicking so the player has chose whats best for the team. But an injury like Rooneys prior to a ball being kicked how do you not know it was Roy's call not to risk him & didnt want to risk playing a player who could come off after 10mins. Roy could of made the decision thinking what is best for England & Rooney had no say in it..
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

haywood djablowme wrote:GIAE I opened the door for you to post these & I understand your rant but these injuries occured during a game, when the adrenalin is kicking so the player has chose whats best for the team. But an injury like Rooneys prior to a ball being kicked how do you not know it was Roy's call not to risk him & didnt want to risk playing a player who could come off after 10mins. Roy could of made the decision thinking what is best for England & Rooney had no say in it..

The pic of Steve Morrison's wasn't. He played several games bandaged up.

it could have been Roy's call but (and I could be wrong here) he announced he was unavailable before the team had met up. I think this was a man u decision not an England decision.

Maybe rooney wanted to play but man u wouldn't let him. That said, if apparently he wants out why wouldn't het tell them to get stuffed like kewell did.

oldfart
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by oldfart »

God is an Englishman wrote:
haywood djablowme wrote:GIAE I opened the door for you to post these & I understand your rant but these injuries occured during a game, when the adrenalin is kicking so the player has chose whats best for the team. But an injury like Rooneys prior to a ball being kicked how do you not know it was Roy's call not to risk him & didnt want to risk playing a player who could come off after 10mins. Roy could of made the decision thinking what is best for England & Rooney had no say in it..

The pic of Steve Morrison's wasn't. He played several games bandaged up.

it could have been Roy's call but (and I could be wrong here) he announced he was unavailable before the team had met up. I think this was a man u decision not an England decision.

Maybe rooney wanted to play but man u wouldn't let him. That said, if apparently he wants out why wouldn't het tell them to get stuffed like kewell did.
Did you see the pics of the injury?

A cut like that would prevent him from playing for at least two weeks due to the fact that if he headed the ball it would more than likely open the cut up again.

There is also the simple fact that there is such a thing as 'BLOOD RULE' in modern football that would prevent him from playing - also Medical opinion would prevent him from playing due to the risks I've stated.

The game has changed from the 'Good Old Days' and there are rules in place that prevent 'Heroes' like Butcher and Co from playing on with an obviously serious injury.

So you can't compare era against era in this regard - Occupational Health & Safety Rules apply everywhere these days - probably even where you work. :shock:
FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

I used to be the Old Master but now I'm an Oldfart!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

morison's was only a few years ago

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

I'd be more worried about the coaches if I was English.
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

Fact Hunt
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Fact Hunt »

BowTiesAreCool wrote:I'd be more worried about the coaches if I was English.
So does that mean you are not a real scouser then but just a pretend plastic one who really "loves" his club and all their blah blah blah "history and tradition" like all the real Liverpudlians bleat on about?

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Fact Hunt wrote:
BowTiesAreCool wrote:I'd be more worried about the coaches if I was English.
So does that mean you are not a real scouser then but just a pretend plastic one who really "loves" his club and all their blah blah blah "history and tradition" like all the real Liverpudlians bleat on about?
Sounds about right, yeah.
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

Fact Hunt
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Fact Hunt »

Glad you cleared that up. By the way, if you were going to jump onto a team why not a local one (so you could lay claim to and be part of their history?) or why not a good one?

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Fact Hunt wrote:Glad you cleared that up. By the way, if you were going to jump onto a team why not a local one (so you could lay claim to and be part of their history?) or why not a good one?
If only you were around to ask these questions when they would've mattered. Damn! :(

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

God is an Englishman wrote:harry kewell was once told he couldn't play for australia by his club and he turned up anyway and that was in a friendly.

He's a united player, they've been doing it for years.

How early did Scholes retire from international football again ?

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Why does the Italian or Spanish or German national teams never have this problem?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

LFTWNG11 wrote:Why does the Italian or Spanish or German national teams never have this problem?

clubs have too much power in England over a toothless FA.

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

LFTWNG11 wrote:Why does the Italian or Spanish or German national teams never have this problem?

oh, here I was thinking many english players dont give a rats about playing for their country, as they know, they can win trophies with their clubs
8)

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

bubu wrote:

oh, here I was thinking many english players dont give a rats about playing for their country, as they know, they can win trophies with their clubs
8)

Mixture of both!

Players don't care about the 3 Lions because of the money they can earn. Clubs can get away with it because they hold the power.

I'd rather England not even qualify for a world cup but have players who love the shirt. shiraz it, let me play. At least I'd show some bottle of shiraz passion.

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

bubu wrote:

8)

Mixture of both!

Players don't care about the 3 Lions because of the money they can earn. Clubs can get away with it because they hold the power.

I'd rather England not even qualify for a world cup but have players who love the shirt. shiraz it, let me play. At least I'd show some bottle of shiraz passion.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
U would get sent off after 5mins.... or u couldnt be bothered waiting in line for a beer or 4

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Interesting how Sturridge couldnt turn up for Englland but seems he will conveniently play for Liverpool.

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

Derek wrote:Interesting how Sturridge couldnt turn up for Englland but seems he will conveniently play for Liverpool.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
never

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

bubu wrote:
Derek wrote:Interesting how Sturridge couldnt turn up for Englland but seems he will conveniently play for Liverpool.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
never

They used to have to report to the England camp to be assessed by their physio before being allowed to leave. I don't know if this is still the case under Woy. If not, looks like it should be.

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

sensible lad, know who pays your wages.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

The Kop wrote:sensible lad, know who pays your wages.

unfortunately the FA are toothless otherwise they would envoke the clause which allows them to suspend unavailable players for the following game.