Serie A round 4 & 5

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Serie A round 4 & 5

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Ga Pala wrote:Stop whingeing about refs / that's all u
Nap supporters seem to do . Ref this ref that . If you're teams good enough u will be successful. U guys have an unbelievable fascination with referees :wink:
Nice try.

Baggio brought it up on here pal.

At least we dont fuck referees :wink:

Ga Pala
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ga Pala »

Who cares if a team has received more penalties than another team ? If they r there u give them !
" I used to go Missing a lot- Miss Canada, Miss United Kingdom, Miss Germany." George Best

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Ga Pala wrote:Who cares if a team has received more penalties than another team ? If they r there u give them !
That's right.

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

getborn wrote:
El Pibe D'Oro wrote: And dont talk about luck or rub of the green.
Juve are the Man Utd of Serie A when it comes to that stuff.
+1

4 penalties in the opening 6 matches, not forgetting the one overlooked for Fiorentina. #RUBENTUS
Of course, all four were clear fouls and thus penalties. The Lichtsteiner vs Parma one should not have been given though, as it was offside. And regards to the Fiorentina one, why should Vidal be punished for winning the ball.

And I was going to ask why Mazzarri will not have a one match ban despite being sent off, but I guess I can't because Conte has his own touchline ban.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Juventino wrote:
getborn wrote:
El Pibe D'Oro wrote: And dont talk about luck or rub of the green.
Juve are the Man Utd of Serie A when it comes to that stuff.
+1

4 penalties in the opening 6 matches, not forgetting the one overlooked for Fiorentina. #RUBENTUS
Of course, all four were clear fouls and thus penalties. The Lichtsteiner vs Parma one should not have been given though, as it was offside. And regards to the Fiorentina one, why should Vidal be punished for winning the ball.

And I was going to ask why Mazzarri will not have a one match ban despite being sent off, but I guess I can't because Conte has his own touchline ban.
No you can ask, I cant answer and find it laughable that even though he has been sent off he wont serve a suspension - I hadn't read that in the news in Italy yet. But I am happy he will be on the bench the next few games. Conte's ban is a joke on a lot of levels. It isn't really a ban but that's just my opinion.

You and the people that know me understand I will give a balanced view. My opinion is this. Juventus are light years ahead in terms of everything - structure, in house management, squad and ability to re-invest in that squad. That equals their results last season and dominance in the next 5 years or so.

Napoli are trying to get there. De Laurentiis himself has said on many occasions publicly - "Complimenti Agnelli e Juve". There is healthy respect there on a football and business basis. That is where we need to get, but baby steps and in the meantime if we can remain competitive then excellent. The challenge is to remain competitive every year, not every third year finish 6th or 7th.

The stadium for Napoli needs to remain high on the agenda. Once that is over the line, we will be an absolute powerhouse because in terms of support we have one of the highest averages in Europe per match (44 or 45 k per match last year). Our supporter base comes from a one team town of 4 million.

We can joke about pens or referees all we want in good fun on here, but the reality is this - we have a wage budget 50% of what Juve Milan and Inter spend so we are punching way above our weight. We should not be getting anywhere near those three. Even Lazio's wage bill is 12-13 million more than ours.

That is why when FFP is in full swing we will be fine and some will not.

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

Another win- this time away from home! bottle of shiraz brilliant!

Vladi on fire....grandeeeeeee Pescaraaaaaaaa

soloilnapolinelcuore
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by soloilnapolinelcuore »

Our first event for the year and the first at our permanent location - The Altavilla Club is the place to join all future events of the SSC Napoli Fan Club Adelaide.

NAPOLI VS JUVE by Napoli Fan Club Adelaide, on Flickr

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

How many weeks will it be before all the Pescara fans are back supporting Milan and Inter?

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Harsh - there is only one Pescara fan on here anyway!!! He has always stuck to his team.

Napoli vs Juve sold out in 2 hours.

Nice to see Prandelli give Buffon the night off for Italy. Bet he plays for Juve this weekend too.

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

If they really wanted to give a Juve player the night off, why would it be Buffon ahead of Barzagli, Pirlo or Marchisio?

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by scipio africanus »

El Pibe D'Oro wrote:Harsh - there is only one Pescara fan on here anyway!!! He has always stuck to his team.

Nice to see Prandelli give Buffon the night off for Italy. Bet he plays for Juve this weekend too.
so it was wrong for Prandelli to rest an injured Buffon when Pirlo and Marchisio needed the rest more, yet ok to release Maggio from the squad so he could go home to be at his wife's side for the birth of their child???

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

scipio africanus wrote:
El Pibe D'Oro wrote:Harsh - there is only one Pescara fan on here anyway!!! He has always stuck to his team.

so it was wrong for Prandelli to rest an injured Buffon when Pirlo and Marchisio needed the rest more, yet ok to release Maggio from the squad so he could go home to be at his wife's side for the birth of their child???
I don't think Maggio would have given him a choice actually. He probably just told "him I am going" and that is it.

And good on him and anyone else that misses a game for something so important, it is not something that happens all the time and you never ever know if it will happen again.

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

El Pibe D'Oro wrote:
scipio africanus wrote:

I don't think Maggio would have given him a choice actually. He probably just told "him I am going" and that is it.

And good on him and anyone else that misses a game for something so important, it is not something that happens all the time and you never ever know if it will happen again.
:lol: :lol: :lol: You seriously think Buffon got a nightoff to rest when 100% fit. He's a keeper not a midfielder.
I hope your joking and just stirring.