Unsporting Liverpool

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Stewie Griffin
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Unsporting Liverpool

Post by Stewie Griffin »

Nice One Cyril wrote:Try this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTgm4ICBJ1E

Thanks for that :wink:

Sneaky by Liverpool, but hey they got away with it. Monumental f@#k up by the ref though.

Loppermann
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Loppermann »

the more I see the more it looks like an incorrect decision
Liverpool should have lost that game

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Loppermann wrote:
The Kop wrote:If Turner has his way, that's where the ball would have ended up.
The foul was just (<5 yards) outside the centre circle. He rolled the ball back approx 25 yards behind the actual infringement.

Maybe he thought there was an offside call behind him? Maybe he thought the foul had been called further back despite no phase of play happening there?
Either way, it was a silly error and misjudgement on his behalf.

You're "take it where the foul was and all ok" theory does not hold.
your

are you suggesting that Mingolet had to take the free kick where he was standing when Turner rolled it to him? :lol: :roll:
many players like to place the ball themselves for a free kick
the FA has proved that they thought Atwell was not up to scratch by not giving him a game to ref this week... not even a league 2 game
typical deluded Liverpool fan
enjoy the bottom half of the table
Minolet was standing inside his own box and clearly had no intention of advancing to take the free kick. So Turner is gonna roll it back to Minolet who had no idea the ball was coming, then Minolet is gonna trot up at his own pace pick up the from where the ball stopped rolling, then replace the ball where the infringement took place near the centre circle all this will happen despite being minutes after the foul and long after the ref walked off and waved for play to continue.
You live in la-la land.....You'd be a perfect pundit on Skysports!
Error of judgement and miscommunication between Turner and Minolet - that simple.

re Atwell, im not gonna defend him cos apart from this decision he was woeful anyway and looks like he's too inexperienced at 27. but the fact he's not reffing a game means nothing. there are about 17 EPL refs and only 10 games a matchday, do the maths brainiac. Even the "world's best ref" Howard Webb has only officiated 2 games this season so far. apparantly atwell was appointed to 4th official of the spuds villa game.

it must KILL you to know that Liverpool the woeful bankrupt side that they are lifted some silverware last compared to your team....oh how you must suffer. Trolling Liverpool topics is just like a release valve for you.
I take back all the nasty things ive said to you. It's such sad situation for you...bless your little heart. Troll on loppy...

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

Kop: i know all about blindly supporting your side but come on. You need to admit this one. The goal should never have been allowed. CLEARLY, the ball was being left for the keeper!
Things I am owed because they're too tight to pay up:

Colossus: One House

Costa: One Lunch

Oh and add in

Colossus: one photo and one letter from his "attorney".

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Loppermann wrote:

Shoulda, coulda, woulda...Didn't.
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Hawkesy wrote:Kop: i know all about blindly supporting your side but come on. You need to admit this one. The goal should never have been allowed. CLEARLY, the ball was being left for the keeper!
There is no argument what he intended to do, he probably thought his keeper was right behind him, but in practice it was woefully executed and poorly communicated.

If all acts of poor execution and communication in the game are mitigated due to "oh hang on, that's not what I wanted to do" then chalk off half the goals we see!!

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

The Kop wrote:
Hawkesy wrote:Kop: i know all about blindly supporting your side but come on. You need to admit this one. The goal should never have been allowed. CLEARLY, the ball was being left for the keeper!
There is no argument what he intended to do, he probably thought his keeper was right behind him, but in practice it was woefully executed and poorly communicated.

If all acts of poor execution and communication in the game are mitigated due to "oh hang on, that's not what I wanted to do" then chalk off half the goals we see!!
The issue is, did the referee give the signal for play on clearly enough? He didn't blow his whistle as far as I can see so if he shouted or gestured obviously Turner didn't hear or see it. I think in future, referees will be told to blow the whistle so there's no excuses.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Flowers
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Flowers »

Referees don't have to blow a whistle for a freekick to be taken unless they stop to book a player or have been requested to move the wall back the required distance..
Father forget us or father forgive us
Giving us faith and then calling us sinners
Mixing up the losers with all of the winners
Tonight yeah yeah yeah

Loppermann
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Loppermann »

Dan Agger wrote:
Loppermann wrote:

isn't that Lolverpool's motto?

Loppermann
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Loppermann »

Flowers wrote:Referees don't have to blow a whistle for a freekick to be taken unless they stop to book a player or have been requested to move the wall back the required distance..
no, but they do have to indicate that play can continue

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Flowers wrote:Referees don't have to blow a whistle for a freekick to be taken unless they stop to book a player or have been requested to move the wall back the required distance..
Did you bother to read what I wrote or just decided to make a random statement?

I know they don't have to at present, what I was saying was maybe they should so that everyone knows when the ball is live.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

Loppermann wrote:
no, but they do have to indicate that play can continue
could you show me where in the laws it says that?

Oh and add in

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

If we are to believe this goal was"legitimate" then what about all the foul throws when the ball is tossed underarm to someone else to throw it. Should be a foul throw if the ball enters the field of play.

Oh and add in

Loppermann
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Loppermann »

The Kop wrote:
Loppermann wrote:
The Kop wrote:If Turner has his way, that's where the ball would have ended up.
The foul was just (<5 yards) outside the centre circle. He rolled the ball back approx 25 yards behind the actual infringement.

Maybe he thought there was an offside call behind him? Maybe he thought the foul had been called further back despite no phase of play happening there?
Either way, it was a silly error and misjudgement on his behalf.

You're "take it where the foul was and all ok" theory does not hold.
your

are you suggesting that Mingolet had to take the free kick where he was standing when Turner rolled it to him? :lol: :roll:
many players like to place the ball themselves for a free kick
the FA has proved that they thought Atwell was not up to scratch by not giving him a game to ref this week... not even a league 2 game
typical deluded Liverpool fan
enjoy the bottom half of the table
Minolet was standing inside his own box and clearly had no intention of advancing to take the free kick. So Turner is gonna roll it back to Minolet who had no idea the ball was coming, then Minolet is gonna trot up at his own pace pick up the from where the ball stopped rolling, then replace the ball where the infringement took place near the centre circle all this will happen despite being minutes after the foul and long after the ref walked off and waved for play to continue.
You live in la-la land.....You'd be a perfect pundit on Skysports!
Error of judgement and miscommunication between Turner and Minolet - that simple.

re Atwell, im not gonna defend him cos apart from this decision he was woeful anyway and looks like he's too inexperienced at 27. but the fact he's not reffing a game means nothing. there are about 17 EPL refs and only 10 games a matchday, do the maths brainiac. Even the "world's best ref" Howard Webb has only officiated 2 games this season so far. apparantly atwell was appointed to 4th official of the spuds villa game.

it must KILL you to know that Liverpool the woeful bankrupt side that they are lifted some silverware last compared to your team....oh how you must suffer. Trolling Liverpool topics is just like a release valve for you.
I take back all the nasty things ive said to you. It's such sad situation for you...bless your little heart. Troll on loppy...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
too long to bother reading, but that is instant gratification, thank you very much :D
some people never learn

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Loppermann wrote:
Dan Agger wrote:
Loppermann wrote: the more I see the more it looks like an incorrect decision
isn't that Lolverpool's motto?
What is 'Lolverpool'?
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

Loppermann wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
too long to bother reading, but that is instant gratification, thank you very much :D
some people never learn
translation: I am wrong so I will pretend I didn't read so I don't look bad

Loppermann
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Loppermann »

Dan Agger wrote:What is 'Lolverpool'?
the club you support

Loppermann
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Loppermann »

totsreds08 wrote:
Loppermann wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
some people never learn

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

Lopperman u sure do follow the epl alot considering your only team is Adelaide united and your signature has liverpool in it. It was a clear goal. The keeper was at fault for not attempting to save it when the ref called play on. He stood there like a statue ala barthez

Ubietz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ubietz »

Hawkesy wrote:If we are to believe this goal was"legitimate" then what about all the foul throws when the ball is tossed underarm to someone else to throw it. Should be a foul throw if the ball enters the field of play.
Fair point.
«Εμείς μαζί για μια ζωή»

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Loppermann wrote:

This didnt happen in injury time did it. Ever stop to think that had goal been disallowed (or free kick re-taken) that Liverpool could have actually won the game? :wink:
Ignore this signature

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

It's a grey area only because players have gotten away with it for so long. They either need to be strict on it, or change the rules.

I think the ref did the right thing, he would have just let the keeper take the free kick had no Liverpool players run after the ball, it was one of those techincal rules that he was forced into making because "techincally" the decision was a correct one.

Loppermann
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Loppermann »

MUFCBOY wrote:Lopperman u sure do follow the epl alot considering your only team is Adelaide united and your signature has liverpool in it. It was a clear goal. The keeper was at fault for not attempting to save it when the ref called play on. He stood there like a statue ala barthez
I haven't seen many statues dive desperately to their left...

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

Loppermann wrote:
MUFCBOY wrote:Lopperman u sure do follow the epl alot considering your only team is Adelaide united and your signature has liverpool in it. It was a clear goal. The keeper was at fault for not attempting to save it when the ref called play on. He stood there like a statue ala barthez
So who do you support in the premier league cause you have alot to say about the epl

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

Loppermann wrote: isn't that Lolverpool's motto?
It's what Arsenal put on their badge for European fixtures
Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ifasc
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ifasc

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

MUFCBOY wrote:
Loppermann wrote:
So who do you support in the premier league cause you have alot to say about the epl

me thinks he is a gooooner

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

of course he's a gooner, look at his trolling when WBA beat them at home over the weekend....oh wait...

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

The Kop wrote:of course he's a gooner, look at his trolling when WBA beat them at home over the weekend....oh wait...

:lol:

Loppermann
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Loppermann »

The Kop wrote:of course he's a gooner, look at his trolling when WBA beat them at home over the weekend....oh wait...
who's to troll?
point me in the direction of an Arsenal fan and I'll have at it

Loppermann
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Loppermann »

MUFCBOY wrote:
Loppermann wrote:
so I have to support a club to talk about the only foreign league that is given proper coverage in this country? :roll: