Group F: italy v Paraguay

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Jock
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Group F: italy v Paraguay

Post by Jock »

BADA BING wrote:
Ollo Ollo wrote:I though the Italians played well. Paraguay qualified higher then Argentina for the World Cup so they are no slouches. The conditions did not suit good football and I thought the Italian dominated the game but lacked a little up front to win this thing.
totally agree with what you have said, they need that spark like a Baggio/Del Piero or Totti but do they have someone of that ilk on the bench???
They don't have a stand out game breaker in the squad. Much like the last time they'll do it the hard way.

David Puddy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by David Puddy »

Buffon to only miss a couple of days training apparently, may be in contention for the next game which is good news.

Mr Magoo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Mr Magoo »

David Puddy wrote:Buffon to only miss a couple of days training apparently, may be in contention for the next game which is good news.
How is that good news?

Mr Magoo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Mr Magoo »

getborn wrote:
TOPGUN-JIMMY-AUFC wrote:LUCKI.......AN WOW, NO DIVE'S

its ok for you's to give it, fuuuuuuuuuuck yous too......

grandfather team playing WORLD CUP clowns............serperiour team playing old coooocks...
Jimmy i dont give it, especially not to you.
What's this then, a pat on the back? :arrow:
getborn wrote:
TOPGUN-JIMMY-AUFC wrote:LUCKI.......AN WOW, NO DIVE'S
get fucked.

David Puddy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by David Puddy »

Mr Magoo wrote:
David Puddy wrote:Buffon to only miss a couple of days training apparently, may be in contention for the next game which is good news.
How is that good news?
Because he'll be available for the next game you dumba** :clown:

Mr Magoo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Mr Magoo »

David Puddy wrote:
Mr Magoo wrote:
How is that good news?
Because he'll be available for the next game you dumba** :clown:
Good for the Greasers - Not good for my team, Davidio Puddio. :wink:

COLOSSUS
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by COLOSSUS »

Like most on here apart from the embarassment that is TGJ, i actually thought Italy started off their WC campaign much better than in previous Cups. Their ball movement was pretty good without being excellent, their constant attacks from the wings via Pepe and Zambrotta kept the Paraguayans in their defensive half for most of the game, while that Montolivio (spelling??? the fair haried guy with the mullet and the headband ) was a constant threat every time he went forward. I was actually impressed with Italys style of play which was attack, attack, attack. This Marcello Lippi is a master coach. He has recognised that the Italian defence is not its strong point this time around and has accomodated by playing a much more attacking game whereby he limits the amount of time his team spends in its defence, wonderful tactician really. As soon as he brought Cameronesi on, it turned the game in the sense Cameronesi gave them something they were missing in that final 3rd. Italy is poised for a Semi Final berth from what i saw this morning although they are very shaly in defence and for me, Cannavaro as much as i like him is a has been and past his use by date. The goal the Italians conceded saw Cannavaro not even get one inch off the ground. Although the starting 11 in the Paraguay match would suggest to me that Italy is capable of creating chances but not scoring a whole heap with Gilardino on his own up front, they have the bench players to change a game in their favour but their ultimate downfall from what i saw this morning will be their defence, very shaky and with Buffon out for God knows how long, makes the situation even more dire but Lippi is a master and will be the defining factor in how far these Italians go IMO!!!

As for Paraguay, very well disciplined team and capable of doing some real damage at this cup if they stay disciplined and organised. Was very impressed by them, and even though a bad and uncharacteristic mistake cost them 2 points, they didnt drop their heads and just kept going in the way they had played previous to that mistake and credit to them, i like them very much, hope to see them in the 2nd round to be honest 8)
Hawkesy wrote:COLOSSUS...........Congratulations, you have won the title fair a square.

PLEASE WELCOME THE NEW WNID UP KING

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

not a bad result. thought we played quite well. paraguay did score from their first real chance. pepe looked good out wide but i disagree with iaquinta being played out wide as well. would be more suited to camoranesi! should be able to get 3 points out of the next game and lol at the people hating italy. the hate comes from jealousy of italy being superior

Madridista612
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Madridista612 »

Italy played quite well, lacked creativity though. Simeone Pepe for me was the best on ground. Pirlo should play next game to get some creativity back in the side. In the long term though, Italy need to start producing quality playmakers again (the whole world does really...but Italy for the purposes of this discussion)
ESPAÑA CAMPEONES DEL MUNDO 2010

Hinderz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hinderz »

There was a game being played?
Attachments
paraguaygirl.jpg
paraguaygirl.jpg (261.1 KiB) Viewed 1483 times

TOPGUNJIMMYAUFC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by TOPGUNJIMMYAUFC »

I LOVE STIRRING, COME ON PEOPLE , DON'T TAKE OFFENCE, I CAN NOT BELEAVE YOU GUYS.

THATS WHATS WRONG WITH THIS WORLD, TO MUCH SOFT COOOCKS....

TIME TO HARDEN THE FUUUUCCCCCCK UP AN EXCEPT REALITY, THE GAME HAS CHANGED WITH THAT BALL OF PLAY!

THANKS TGJ....
RADIO LALASEMENO
http://www.lalasemeno.gr

this has just changed my life............above link

dont use my name..

What has 100 legs & 4 teeth? The front row of the Collingwood cheer squad

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Madridista612 wrote:Italy played quite well, lacked creativity though. Simeone Pepe for me was the best on ground. Pirlo should play next game to get some creativity back in the side. In the long term though, Italy need to start producing quality playmakers again (the whole world does really...but Italy for the purposes of this discussion)
They have Cassano who was no doubt ready to go to the world cup, however Lippi chose to leave him behind.

The other guy that has the potential is Giovinco, but for whatever reason, Juve dont rate him.

sulmona
Star Player
Star Player

Post by sulmona »

0-1 could the referee blow full time now[/quote]

1 all and finished full of steam.
I guess we showed some nuts unlike you fargots pecorhellas![/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
great use of Italian/Greek words
well thought of, albus