Sunday Premier Division Weekly Write up

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

pecker
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Sunday Premier Division Weekly Write up

Post by pecker »

Below is the weekly write up By Craig Laird

Match of the Day

SALISBURY INTER vs ELIZABETH GROVE
ELIZABETH Grove led 3-2 over Salisbury Inter when the game was abandoned on 80 minutes at Underdown Park.
Both sides have started the season in fine style with Inter in 2nd place and the promoted Peckers in 3rd after three rounds.
Inter had the better of the opening and should have led after only two minutes when an Andrew Butler cross found Peter Yusuf free on the six yard box but he shot wide.
Two minutes later Inter were in front when an Alban Martini corner found Marcus Marchioro who headed home in fine style.
Marchioro almost made it 2-0 on 13 minutes when Butler put him through but Grove keeper Andrew Rowe did well to dive in at Marchioro’ s feet and snuff out the chance.
The Grove started to come into the game and on 16 minutes they were level when Shaun Almond played a through ball for Kahmen Grieg whose crisp shot rifled into the net to make it 1-1.
The Peckers could have been ahead on 25 minutes when a cross from the right hand side found Ryan Dingle but his header flew over the bar.
Inter reclaimed the lead on 37 minutes when they were awarded a penalty for a foul that was duly converted by Marchioro.
Inter’s lead lasted only four minutes before Sean Brennan made it 2-2 with a 25 yard free kick which deflected off the wall and into the net.
The home team were reduced to 10 men early in the 2nd half when Alban Martini was sent off.
Despite being reduced to ten men Inter came close on 57 minutes when a Yusuf shot from distance whistled just wide.
The visiting Grove started to take control with Grieg and Brad Docherty both narrowly missing chances and on 73 minutes Inter gave the ball up in midfield which led to some slick passing by the visitors before Sean Brennan scored from 12 yards to send the travelling Pecker army wild.

INGLE FARM vs FULHAM
INGLE Farms lead at the top of the table has been narrowed to a single point after they were held to a 1-1 draw with Fulham at Walkleys Park.
Farm came into the game on the back of a perfect three wins from three games but they fell behind on 30 minutes when keeper Chris Nicholls could only parry a shot which fell to Fulham’s Michael Mamonne who slotted home for the visitors.
Fulham were unlucky to not be further in front at the half time break as Nicholls made some fantastic saves to keep the home team in the game.
After the break the table toppers lifted the tempo and started to carve out some good opportunities and it was no surprise on 65 minutes when the equalizer came.
A free kick floated in to the far post found Chris Ennis who headed back across the goal front and it was the ever dangerous Musti Ipekdal who was on hand to head the ball home.
Farm pushed hard for the winner but were denied by some fine saves from Fulham’s Michael Georginas.
Farm coach Paul Simpson “It really was a game of two halves. We always knew Fulham would be a handful and in the end I’m pleased with a point”.
Fulham coach John Christopoulos “It’s a tough place to play so to come away with a point is a good result. I thought we had enough chances to win the game but we didn’t convert them.”

WEST BEACH vs ELIZABETH DOWNS
CHAMPIONS Elizabeth Downs have shown they are far from a spent force in 2015 with a thumping 8-1 win over West Beach at Lockleys Oval.
The Maroons came into the game looking to build on a 5-1 win over Southern Knights in round three as they look to narrow the six point lead at the top of the table held by Ingle Farm.
Braiden Gundlach gave the visitors the early lead and the Downs never looked back as they extended their lead to 4-0 at the half time break.
Beach came into the game early in the 2nd half but an own goal made it 5-0 and the visiting Downs put their foot on the pedal to run out 8-1 winners.
Gundlach and Jason Trimboli both netted hat tricks while Matt Wise got the other while Ashley James scored for West Beach.
Downs Coach Alan Mottram was pleased with the result but feels there is still much room for improvement “Our goalie Ben Aldridge needed to be at his best early denying West Beach a couple of good opportunities. I thought our 2nd half was better and you can see some of the hard work on the track starting to pay dividends”.

SOUTHERN KNIGHTS vs PARAFIELD GARDENS
PARAFIELD Gardens have returned to winning ways with a comfortable 5-1 win over Southern Knights at Southern Knights Ground.
Gardens were looking to get back on track after a heavy 4-1 defeat to Ingle Farm in round three while Knights were looking for their first win of the campaign.
It was Knights who struck first on 16 minutes when a Matthew Daughtry strike took a deflection and lobbed over Gardens keeper Anthony Stam.
Gardens struck back moments later through Scott Weidenbach and on 26 minutes they took the lead through Mateusz Marczvk.
Five minutes after the break Gardens made it 3-1 through the inform Angelo Arambatzis while Louis Brain and Shane Pearce rounded out the scoring for the visitors.
The win moves Gardens to within one point of Ingle Farm while Knights sit in last place with only one point after four games.

ELIZABETH VALE vs PARA HILLS WEST
ELIZABETH Vale have claimed their 2nd win of the 2015 season with a 4-1 win over Para Hills West at Moflin Road.
Both sides were looking for redemption after sizeable round three loses and it was the Vale who struck first when a Billy Doyle free kick found the returning Daniel Nicholls who headed home strongly.
Westies struck back soon after with a Michael Simpson goal coming direct from a corner before the Vale regained the lead through Steve Orange who rounded a Westies defender before finishing coolly.
The home side then struck twice to seal the points with youngsters Jarrod Ebert and James Greaves finding the net to secure a valuable three points.
The win makes it two out of two at home for the Vale while Westies are still in search of their first win of the campaign.
Vale veteran Chris Nicholls was pleased with the win “We did what we had to do. It was good to bounce back after last week’s disappointment.”

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Sunday Premier Division Weekly Write up

Post by scipio africanus »

why was Grove v Inter abandoned?

supastar#8
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by supastar#8 »

scipio africanus wrote:why was Grove v Inter abandoned?
Leave it alone

Adolf Hĭtler
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Adolf Hĭtler »

I would like to know too.
I am nobody
Nobody is perfect
Therefore I am perfect.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

The Chosŏn One wrote:
Because the referee made the decision to abandon the game :D
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

supastar#8
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by supastar#8 »

swannsong wrote:
The Chosŏn One wrote:
Spot on

Wȁpita
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Wȁpita »

What were his reasons? :D
Why is half a day at home more tiring than a week at work?

predator
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by predator »

supastar#8 wrote:
Leave it alone
Your starting too sound like a parrot mate

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

The write up for the Grove and Inter game makes no mention of the abandonment - does that mean it didn't really happen?

Jonesy5
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jonesy5 »

I'd put your reading glasses on and read the first sentence ha

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

Nice write up.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

swannsong wrote:
The Chosŏn One wrote:
Interesting. If this involved a team from "middle eastern" or "Albanian" backgrounds, people would be calling for their heads and we'd be on page 15 by now. But lets sweep it under the carpet in this instance, hey? :wink:
Ignore this signature

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Bomber wrote:
swannsong wrote:
The Chosŏn One wrote:
Interesting. If this involved a team from "middle eastern" or "Albanian" backgrounds, people would be calling for their heads and we'd be on page 15 by now. But lets sweep it under the carpet in this instance, hey? :wink:
Isn't Italy right next to Albania?
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

paraliticandroid
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by paraliticandroid »

Interesting. If this involved a team from "middle eastern" or "Albanian" backgrounds, people would be calling for their heads and we'd be on page 15 by now. But lets sweep it under the carpet in this instance, hey? :wink:[/quote]

Isn't Italy right next to Albania?[/quote]

Albania is next to Greece, Montenegro, Kosovo and Macedonia. There is the Adriatic sea separating Albania from Italy 8)