Division 7 Fixtures?

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

dj_no.1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Division 7 Fixtures?

Post by dj_no.1 »

I wouldn't rely on anything the website says at the moment regarding Saturday or sunday div 7, brahma has a team in both leagues, on the website it doesn't have us entered in sunday div 7 but we have contacted the league and they have stated we are away to eliz grove on sunday the 19th, contact the league for conformation of any games don't go by the website.

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

Cadenza wrote:I believe it's Old Ignations
Iggies have 4 sides.

Will_
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Will_ »

Was told by the league that the fixtures will be amended to include Prince Alfred.

Will_
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Will_ »

Slinky_Pete wrote:
Cadenza wrote:I believe it's Old Ignations
Iggies have 4 sides.
Iggies have sides in 1A, 1B, 5 & 6.
The league has put them down as having a fifth side in Div 7 by mistake.

jackdogs
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by jackdogs »

Not sure why we couldnt have a bye when the div 2 teams are due to play Savoy
"I walk the line" Johnny Cash the man in black

Keeping It Real
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Keeping It Real »

jackdogs wrote:Not sure why we couldnt have a bye when the div 2 teams are due to play Savoy
Such is life.
It's just not cricket

Cadenza
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Cadenza »

Wondering if the fixtures will be corrected before the first game.. :roll:

pernunz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by pernunz »

I think fixtures have been updated on the website.

Div 6 is an 8 team league
Div 7 is a 12 team league

Cadenza
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Cadenza »

Ah yes, looked at Div 6, think it's a 9 team league with a 'bye' every week for 1 team + 'bye' for cup rounds = a lot of 'bye's'!

Chelsea24
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Chelsea24 »

Funny how these leagues in Div 6 and Div 7 make no sense whatsoever to anyone...
I understand it's not an easy job for SAASL but this has been an issue for a few years now, they gotta get this right with a deadline at least a month before season start and have some penalties on clubs that don't commit.

Div 6 has 9 teams in it... making it have a bye...
Div 7 appear to have D teams within... As BOSA, IGGIES, St Peters and USC Lions all have C teams in Div 6 and Div 5 also...

Would be nice if one of the C teams in Div 7 can come to Div 6 and make it an even 10 teams... But we may end up with 8 as word going around is that Vipers may pull out of Div 6?

From last year, we played Red Blue Eagles and St Peters and they were always good opposition in Div 6, and decent guys.
Also Monarchs have always been good too...
I'd be happy for these guys to come back into Div 6... but it's not for me to say...

I think the guys that have teams come over from Sunday Leagues and clubs that have to play later probably should stay in Div 7 as you they will have a bit more understanding with the flexible times... suggestion only here though...

Just hope SAASL get this sorted ASAP this week before season start... :shock:

Baresi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Baresi »

Chelsea24 wrote:Funny how these leagues in Div 6 and Div 7 make no sense whatsoever to anyone...
I understand it's not an easy job for SAASL but this has been an issue for a few years now, they gotta get this right with a deadline at least a month before season start and have some penalties on clubs that don't commit.

Div 6 has 9 teams in it... making it have a bye...
Div 7 appear to have D teams within... As BOSA, IGGIES, St Peters and USC Lions all have C teams in Div 6 and Div 5 also...

Would be nice if one of the C teams in Div 7 can come to Div 6 and make it an even 10 teams... But we may end up with 8 as word going around is that Vipers may pull out of Div 6?

From last year, we played Red Blue Eagles and St Peters and they were always good opposition in Div 6, and decent guys.
Also Monarchs have always been good too...
I'd be happy for these guys to come back into Div 6... but it's not for me to say...

I think the guys that have teams come over from Sunday Leagues and clubs that have to play later probably should stay in Div 7 as you they will have a bit more understanding with the flexible times... suggestion only here though...

Just hope SAASL get this sorted ASAP this week before season start... :shock:

+1 sounds like a little bit too much common sense though......

Token
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Token »

Fictures and division set to change so watch out for changes

Chelsea24
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Chelsea24 »

Token wrote:Fictures and division set to change so watch out for changes

After how many of us called them I wonder...
Not an easy job but really they need a new process for this... :clown:

Cadenza
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Cadenza »

Chelsea24 wrote:
Token wrote:Fictures and division set to change so watch out for changes

After how many of us called them I wonder...
Not an easy job but really they need a new process for this... :clown:
Set to change this Friday night at midnight I wonder?! :roll: Lots of time to prepare...

DonDownUnder
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by DonDownUnder »

Barossa Pearl!

Noodles
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Noodles »

DonDownUnder wrote:Barossa Pearl!
That's what I think about C teams playing at 3:00pm.

spooky1972
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by spooky1972 »

Noodles wrote:
+1

DonDownUnder
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by DonDownUnder »

Noodles wrote:
Since we are a one team club, our only team is our A-grade. Thus 3pm ko's.

Fortunately, we are sponsored by Kleenex, so there will be enough tissues for the whingers when they visit (if they show up this year!).

On The Pine
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Division 7 Fixtures

Post by On The Pine »

spooky1972 wrote:
ticc wrote:This was happening last year in this division. Teams moaning about KO Times. Mount Compass has always been 3PM KO as with Munno Para and Angle Vale. The League ask what our KO time's are, so we don't dictate what we want, maybe blame the SAASL as it's it's them who sort the leagues out. As said we have always been 3PM but we don't whinge about playing 11.30AM KO at other teams. This is as much as a problem for us as we have players that coach and have kids that play and will miss matches but we take it as it is and get on with it. We travel up to the city and past every other week and never forfeit but we already have teams talking about it even before a ball is kicked.

I can't speak for every club but our C team include club coaches, club presidents, club fitness staff etc etc and these guys are not playing at 3pm, therefore our club may not field teams for these games. In saying that sure maybe the SAASL should explain this to all clubs in this league so everyone can explain sorry we will not be travelling to these kick off times whether they are across the road or across the state. I'm quite sure some of those teams would not be happy if clubs said we will be having a 9am kick off. I also don't see any listing of this within the fixtures.
To add to what DonDownUnder and ticc have already said, whilst 3pm may not suit those teams that are essentially C (or D) teams for Saturday leagues, early kickoff times do not suit those who coach, have kids play, or work etc. on Saturday mornings. Two years ago this league was almost all standalone teams (like Compass and Cove) and a Saturday entity for the traditional Sunday teams (like Munno Para and Angle Vale). The majority of teams played 3pm kick offs. Munno Para (whilst a 3pm kickoff team) have always fielded a team (usually a skeleton crew) when faced with an early kickoff.

There seems to be a view that there is an entitlement for the early Kickoff and the clubs wanting 3pm are "moaning" and "how dare they, we will forfeit". There is an argument that goes the other way too, seeing that this is not actually a bona fide C league and with half of the teams traditional Sunday or standalone clubs.

The only way this league will work will be if clubs work together and suck it up. This option, in my opinion, is better than two different leagues of 6 teams. Mixed kickoff times are not ideal for clubs on either side of the divide, but if clubs are forfeiting every other week it will screw the integrity of the league and impact all.

spooky1972
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by spooky1972 »

Just don't complain if clubs can't make your out of the normal kick off times, for any other C league, on any day. I coach Saturday, so I play Sunday, and yes our club specifically made a Sunday team to accommodate all the coaching staff. Maybe you one team clubs should consider the same, and move your teams to Sundays, so it doesn't clash with your juniors/coaches/etc.

As are 3pmish - Bs are 1pmish - and Cs are 11amish it is you guys changing the goal posts not the others - in saying that good luck to all clubs and teams and enjoy what ever you do.

On The Pine
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by On The Pine »

Mate you haven't really processed what I said.

Two years ago 80% of the teams in the Saturday league we played in were 3pm starts (standalone teams and Saturday teams entities for Sunday clubs).

At present there are 50% of teams that are standalone or a Saturday team of a tradional Sunday club.

So who is changing the goal posts? What makes this league your league? It is NOT a Traditional "C" league. The only thing the league can do is allow clubs to stipulate a start time for home games (as availability of grounds etc also comes into play) or split the league into two which would, in my opinion, be a terrible option.

spooky1972
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by spooky1972 »

On The Pine wrote:Mate you haven't really processed what I said.

Two years ago 80% of the teams in the Saturday league we played in were 3pm starts (standalone teams and Saturday teams entities for Sunday clubs).

At present there are 50% of teams that are standalone or a Saturday team of a tradional Sunday club.

So who is changing the goal posts? What makes this league your league? It is NOT a Traditional "C" league. The only thing the league can do is allow clubs to stipulate a start time for home games (as availability of grounds etc also comes into play) or split the league into two which would, in my opinion, be a terrible option.

1130 is the traditional C league times, stand alone teams are not C teams yet you find yourself in C leagues handle it as you must, but C teams traditionally kick off at 1130 - It's not my league I don't even play in it, however I would put my money on more teams played at 1130 today, or earlier, vs later, correct me if I'm wrong.

ticc
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by ticc »

quote="spooky1972"]
On The Pine wrote:Mate you haven't really processed what I said.

1130 is the traditional C league times, stand alone teams are not C teams yet you find yourself in C leagues handle it as you must, but C teams traditionally kick off at 1130 - It's not my league I don't even play in it, however I would put my money on more teams played at 1130 today, or earlier, vs later, correct me if I'm wrong.[/quote]

ticc
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by ticc »

What is the problem with playing a couple of late KO times during the season. We have a 11 team league so a few games out of those isn't a lot.These are away games so most of the time your A's and B's are playing away , and by the look of their league they will be travelling some distance so the C teams are not going to always get to the other games unless you have invented some way to time travel! So will the coaches still play 11.30 away if they need to be at the start of the B's.
Your forgetting another way which will help your cause, with all the fitness trainers and coaches you have playing in your C Grade, surely you can make sure you get promoted to a higher division which have a C Grade league. Just putting it out there. It's not everyone else's issue to put themselves out each week to make sure your season runs smoothly!
Playing in the lower leagues, it's about making relationships with other teams which we have done over the last few seasons especially with a few of the northern teams who I must say are the most welcoming clubs we have been up against, no matter how hard and physical the game has been, they welcome us in their club rooms and club friendships get started, which is why we will accommodate these teams however we can. With your comment of your club president playing in the C's surely it's in his and the clubs interest to do this as well, surely he wants all his players to play each week and not forfeit as well as building up relationships with other clubs. I'm sure your C grade players want to play all their games as all the other teams in the league. I play to play the whole season but I know I will miss a fair few away games because of the KO times but that's the way the cookie crumbles, I know there are a lot of others in that position but as a club person we deal with it.

spooky1972
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by spooky1972 »

ticc wrote:What is the problem with playing a couple of late KO times during the season. We have a 11 team league so a few games out of those isn't a lot.These are away games so most of the time your A's and B's are playing away , and by the look of their league they will be travelling some distance so the C teams are not going to always get to the other games unless you have invented some way to time travel! So will the coaches still play 11.30 away if they need to be at the start of the B's.
Your forgetting another way which will help your cause, with all the fitness trainers and coaches you have playing in your C Grade, surely you can make sure you get promoted to a higher division which have a C Grade league. Just putting it out there. It's not everyone else's issue to put themselves out each week to make sure your season runs smoothly!
Playing in the lower leagues, it's about making relationships with other teams which we have done over the last few seasons especially with a few of the northern teams who I must say are the most welcoming clubs we have been up against, no matter how hard and physical the game has been, they welcome us in their club rooms and club friendships get started, which is why we will accommodate these teams however we can. With your comment of your club president playing in the C's surely it's in his and the clubs interest to do this as well, surely he wants all his players to play each week and not forfeit as well as building up relationships with other clubs. I'm sure your C grade players want to play all their games as all the other teams in the league. I play to play the whole season but I know I will miss a fair few away games because of the KO times but that's the way the cookie crumbles, I know there are a lot of others in that position but as a club person we deal with it.
I'll say it again C teams traditionally kick off at 1130, our club will play any time requested, however if the requested time is outside the usual times that players are available we wont play if we don't have the numbers. We are not about to say oh Angle Vale want a 3pm kick off let's not go. Many clubs understand C teams run on a shoe string, and a 3pm kick off for some teams could mean they lose players and when that happens some teams simply can't cope, which results in forfeits which sucks for all parties.

pernunz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by pernunz »

Any news on the BOSA vs Angle Vale result from the weekend? All other results are on the SAASL website

Killing An Arab
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Killing An Arab »

pernunz wrote:Any news on the BOSA vs Angle Vale result from the weekend? All other results are on the SAASL website
Bosa 4 Angle Vale 1

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

To remove confusion, should each club list their home k/off times in here?

Updated 4/6/15
ANGLE VALE C - 3.00pm
BOSA - 1.00pm
BRAHMA LODGE - 11.30am
EASTERN ELITE - 12.30pm
MONARCHS - 11.30am
MT COMPASS - 3.00pm
MUNNO PARA - 3.00pm
OLD IGNATIANS - 11.30am
PARAFIELD GARDENS - 11.30am
REDBLUE EAGLES - 11.30am
ST PETERS -
USC LION -

Might save some red faces later in the year.

I remember when the SAASL website had kickoff times listed.
Last edited by Delete Your Account on Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:41 am, edited 7 times in total.

dj_no.1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by dj_no.1 »

Brahma lodge 11.30am

black'n'gold
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by black'n'gold »

Parafield Gardens 11:30am