Sunday Div 4 News & Results

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Sunday Div 4 News & Results

Post by Hatchet Squad »

bloodypassit wrote:Let's hope Seaford reserves don't forfeit next week ;-)
Would be willing to part with a green back just to see the look on your face and the rant on here :lol:
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Irishglover wrote:The over inflated egos or the over inflated ego? TP is more than enough to make up for everyone else.

Think there'll be some cracking games though. Athlestone Sierra should be a cracking high scoring game. Dingy centrals will be good snd close too if centrals perform how they can. Fancy them to steal some points from dingy this week
We've been smashing teams lately. We have a much better side now than we ever have (probably cos I'm not in it) :lol:
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

you will have as much chance of that as seeing a pork chop at a jewish wedding. :lol: :clown:

Procrastinator
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Procrastinator »

I've never attended a jewish wedding.
Long time reader who finally got around to registering

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

THE ORAKLE wrote:
you will have as much chance of that as seeing a pork chop at a jewish wedding. :lol: :clown:
Yet again you have been left out of the joke..

Anyway ... Noarlunga win on another forfeit

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Reserves :- Unley Utd 2 Andrews Farm 0 (forfeit)

Sotally Tober
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Sotally Tober »

How many is that now?
I need a drink

déjà blessé
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by déjà blessé »

Sounds like Noarlunga ressies will be as fresh and fit as I am haha

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

Procrastinator wrote:I've never attended a jewish wedding.

some poor buggers have to miss out :(

Irishglover
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Irishglover »

Seaford b's 2-0 Croatia (forfeit)

Croatia rang up 30 minutes before the game to say they don't have numbers.

Vanishing Spray
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Vanishing Spray »

They had a phone number. :P
Sorry about the avatar, it pretty much vanished as soon as I created it.

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

man some of these A players need to man up and play two games for their club!

Cheap Kitchens
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Cheap Kitchens »

Was there a first team game?
Quote me !

Irishglover
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Irishglover »

Gristy wrote:man some of these A players need to man up and play two games for their club!
We've done it for many years and are finally reaping the benefits. 7-1 to Seaford in the As. Crackin games that started pretty poor and unfortunately, another hattrick for Token Pom. 4th of the season now.

déjà blessé
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by déjà blessé »

Croatia actually looked a much stronger team than the first time we played them (apart from keeper). Game was fairly even for first 20 and 1-1. Seaford were clinical in front of goal which killed off a bit of fighting spirit from away team. Croatia were dangerous on counter and will trouble teams for the rest of season. I think they will pick up many of the points remaining. Shame about reserves game, I was desperate to play, thought we should have been notified on the Friday if there was any doubt. They stayed for a beer, along with some Noarlunga lads, many who looked worse for wear down the tavvy later ha!

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Will Orakle be venturing to Noarlunga next Sunday ???

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

other scores anyone. :?: wouldent miss it for the world mr passit. :)hope you enjoyed your port.

Token Pom
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Token Pom »

Thank you Glover.
I was personally gutted that the B's didn't get a game! I turn up early every week to watch my mates play, and it gives me a boost before the A game. Very poor form from an established team. Div 4 is obviously a lost cause, and Seaford are very keen to to be promoted so we can be challenged week in week out!
As for the A game today, for half an hour it could of gone either way, but once Seaford got the ball on the floor and did what we do best there was only ever going to be one result. Not really sure how I got the hatty??? The one thing I will say is that although I had the worst 10 minutes on a football pitch I think I've ever had in my life… but I kept showing for the ball, making runs and plugging away until I got that third goal. The abuse from the sidelines was extra motivation. There is a feel good factor at Seaford this year, the whole squad is a top bunch of lads and we play as team, I have very much enjoyed the atmosphere on and off the field! Long may it continue
"When the seagulls… follow the trauler. Its because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea"

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Token Pom wrote:Thank you Glover.
I was personally gutted that the B's didn't get a game! I turn up early every week to watch my mates play, and it gives me a boost before the A game. Very poor form from an established team. Div 4 is obviously a lost cause, and Seaford are very keen to to be promoted so we can be challenged week in week out!
As for the A game today, for half an hour it could of gone either way, but once Seaford got the ball on the floor and did what we do best there was only ever going to be one result. Not really sure how I got the hatty??? The one thing I will say is that although I had the worst 10 minutes on a football pitch I think I've ever had in my life… but I kept showing for the ball, making runs and plugging away until I got that third goal. The abuse from the sidelines was extra motivation. There is a feel good factor at Seaford this year, the whole squad is a top bunch of lads and we play as team, I have very much enjoyed the atmosphere on and off the field! Long may it continue
Apologies I wasnt there to sledge you and others... that can wait til next Sunday ... getting some brownie points for a big Sunday after the game

Token Pom
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Token Pom »

The abuse in question from my fellow Rangers!
"When the seagulls… follow the trauler. Its because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea"

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Token Pom, the feel good factor wouldn't have anything to do with you sitting on top would it? :lol:

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Hatchet Squad wrote:Token Pom, the feel good factor wouldn't have anything to do with you sitting on top would it? :lol:
I think it because you have left Seaford Andy

Token Pom
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Token Pom »

Its been there since we won the pre-season tournament, Hatchet. The first game of the season was a lesson learned, and since then we have marched on to the top. We weren't top till will beat Aldinga mind you, but the feel good factor was long in place by then! There have been plenty of social occasions the squad has got involved in, so we all know one another which has really helped he atmosphere!

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

bloodypassit wrote:
Hatchet Squad wrote:Token Pom, the feel good factor wouldn't have anything to do with you sitting on top would it? :lol:
I think it because you have left Seaford Andy
Hahahahaha

ryesmith
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by ryesmith »

We miss your manter, trust me!

Polonia had a solid catch up, albeit the coach who had to pet some goats.

Good luck for the final few games lads!

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

THE ORAKLE wrote:other scores anyone. :?: wouldent miss it for the world mr passit. :)hope you enjoyed your port.
sorry lingy i was well pissed when i wrote the above. wayne amos got the port,catch up sunday go seaford. :wink:

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

THE ORAKLE wrote:
THE ORAKLE wrote:other scores anyone. :?: wouldent miss it for the world mr passit. :)hope you enjoyed your port.
sorry lingy i was well pissed when i wrote the above. wayne amos got the port,catch up sunday go seaford. :wink:
By all accounts there are some sore heads today...

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

wouldent be at all surprised. bar did very well pity its not like that every week,should be same as for the next fortnight though. :wink:

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Round 19 - Getting to the business end now

Lakes v Centrals - The bye last week probably came at a bad time for Lakes after their 6-2 over Farm, they probably wanted to carry on that form but thats the draw I'm afraid. Centrals looked OK last week and actually took the lead twice early in the 1st half. They have some very quick footed players who will cause most teams trouble. I think the state of Lakes pitch goes a long way to determining by how much Centrals will win. If its boggy like the other week then it becomes a bit of an equaliser but ssaying that the weather aint looking too bad this weekend. Centrals to win this 4-2

Aldinga v Asia - Well after their forfeit against Noarlunga last week, Asia have now paid their fees to the league. The problem being that I've heard they are not prepared to travel to Aldinga. I will say this, I wish you lot would shiraz right off from football in this div. Teams like Asia just ruin it for everyone else. Youre a bottle of shiraz joke not only to this league but to yourselves. Disgrace.
It gives me an opportunity to go and watch my old team Seaford play in the other southern derby against Noarlunga (if I survive my bucks show saturday night)

Noarlunga v Seaford - I hope Noarlunga have improved over the last month because if they havent then this might get a bit ugly. Saying that they havent really played a lot of footy over the last month. Maybe that gave a few players enough time to recover from injury. Seaford will be the favourites and should win in front of a parochial home ground crowd. I shall be there to watch and hope its a very close game. Seaford for me 5-1

Croatia v Sierra - Croatia playing decent football minus their slip up against the leaders last week. A promotion place is still possible snd they could leap frog sierra on the table with a win this sunday. Sierra have imploded over the last few weeks. They have some really talented players only show glimpses of playing really well as a team. Too many individuals for my liking. Croatia for me 3-1

Athelstone v Unley - Unley probably playing their best football for the year at the moment ( around 13-14 games too late ). Only going down to Seaford 2-0, 2-2 against Sierra, then a 8-0 flogging of cellar dwellers Andrews Farm. Athelstone fall into the too inconsistent category. One week they're smashing them in and then the opposite the following week. Cant see anything but a home win here. Athelstone 4-0

Good luck this week wherever you may be playing

MLSC
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by MLSC »

MLSC v SA Centrals

A's 3-2
B's 1-5

Centrals walked off in the 75th minute after MLSC put away their third after coming from 2 down.