Saturday Division 4 League Table & Results *Updated Weekly*

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

The Northern Lights
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Saturday Division 4 League Table & Results *Updated Week

Post by The Northern Lights »

Clever Trevor wrote:
Stand Free wrote:Tables A's 16 sept 2012
------------------------------------------
Flinders...........18.........11..........34
OTH................19.........34..........33
Torrens Valley..19.........10..........31
Greenock.........18.........12..........27
Iggies..............19..........4..........27
Pitbulls............19........-1...........27
Mt Compass.....19........-1...........27
East Adelaide...19........-10.........14
Adelaide Uni.....19.......-52..........13
Parafield Gdns..17.......-115.........4

USC Lion-------Iggies (a), Angkor (h)
Flinders--------Parafield (h), Pitbulls (a), Mt Compass (n), Adelaide Uni (n)
OTH------------Torrens Valley (a), Greenock (h), Parafield (n)
Given that PG will not play the catch up games, there is no mathematical chance that OTH will finish second. I would also put us as underdogs going into the match against TV this week.
If it has a bearing on promotion then it will have to be played, if OTH are willing to play it which im sure we will if it has a bearing on promotion & gardens dont then surely it goes down as a 2-0 forfiet to OTH, if lion draw 1 & lose 1 & OTH win the last 2, OTH could go ahead of lion on goal difference if OTH manage to beat gardens in the postponed game, we dont know if flinders will go up or not unless they put 3 up from div 3, but if they do put 3 up from div3 then they have to put 3 up from div 4, so if we do catch lion then OTH will be 3rd, it's a long shot for OTH, but its possible. But yes the derby this week will be a tough game, was very even at mcgilp road, looking forward to it.
Last edited by The Northern Lights on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying Fox
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Flying Fox »

Wonder then if Flinders in the 3's finish outside the top two that we'd have to play our catchups in the end.

Hopefully this week brings some clarification.

The Northern Lights
Apprentice
Apprentice

Flying Fox wrote:Wonder then if Flinders in the 3's finish outside the top two that we'd have to play our catchups in the end.

Flinders have finished 3rd in div 3, but we dont know wether they will put 3 up to fill the vacancy in div 2 as it only has 9 teams in it.

Clever Trevor
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Clever Trevor »

Stand Free wrote:
Flying Fox wrote:Wonder then if Flinders in the 3's finish outside the top two that we'd have to play our catchups in the end.

Flinders have finished 3rd in div 3, but we dont know wether they will put 3 up to fill the vacancy in div 2 as it only has 9 teams in it.
Good point

NorthernPitbullsF.C
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by NorthernPitbullsF.C »

gooner4life wrote:
NorthernPitbullsF.C wrote:An absulte shocking day 4 us.
B's got forfeited 9.30pm Friday night.
So we just played the A's at 3pm
PG brought there Sunday C's and B's down 4 this game and our boys never showed up to play.

NPFC went up 1-0 early but with 10 to go pg got and penalty and then took the lead with a few min left.
Late drama with The ref pointing to the spot and awarding a penalty 4 NPFC. Only 4 one of the young lads to step up and hit the bar.

Game finishing
PG 2 NPFC 1

Consistency and injurys have really hurt us this year.
So exactly which Parafeild Gardens team was it?

Was it their Sunday team or their Saturday Bhutanese team?

How many of the original players are left In this team..?
The A's played Parafields Sunday team. Mixture of B's and C's.
A lot of the NPFC lads played out at the gardens 4 years. So we had an arrangement that we would play both A's and B's games. To make a day out of it. But the bhutanese lads pulled out late Friday night.

We where happy to play there Sunday team tho, no complaints here.
We had 5 A's players out but still no excuse. We never really showed up.

I'm not to sure witch team will show up to play next week tho.

jqhosko
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by jqhosko »

SAT DIV 4 ROUND 20 Updated Tables and Results :D

machickenz
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by machickenz »

Just to clear up any confusion with the PG game against NPFC, the team Parafield fielded against them were an all C's team from the Sunday division 6.

gooner4life
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by gooner4life »

machickenz wrote:Just to clear up any confusion with the PG game against NPFC, the team Parafield fielded against them were an all C's team from the Sunday division 6.
and which team will they be fielding this week?? :?:
“We do not buy superstars. We make them.”
Arsene Wenger

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

gooner4life wrote:
machickenz wrote:Just to clear up any confusion with the PG game against NPFC, the team Parafield fielded against them were an all C's team from the Sunday division 6.
and which team will they be fielding this week?? :?:

a team full of registered players who are eligible to play in this competition no doubt!!

gooner4life
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by gooner4life »

I can confirm that Parafield gardens have forfeited both games against Flinders this week.
Arsene Wenger

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

gooner4life wrote:I can confirm that Parafield gardens have forfeited both games against Flinders this week.
Although we could have legally had our Sunday Div 6 team played the A's fixture we have forfeited. It has been questioned previously that our Sunday team playing in the Sat comp is not in the spirit of the game so I will be interested to know if people still feel the same.
I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate....Thierry Henry

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

lefty wrote:
gooner4life wrote:I can confirm that Parafield gardens have forfeited both games against Flinders this week.
Although we could have legally had our Sunday Div 6 team played the A's fixture we have forfeited. It has been questioned previously that our Sunday team playing in the Sat comp is not in the spirit of the game so I will be interested to know if people still feel the same.

i would say not in the spirit but nothing to stop you putting your sunday div 1 side out there

Stevo
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by Stevo »

What concerns me now is if it comes down to goal difference, the teams that played the original PG side gave them a spanking, one of these sides being USC Lion, for which they now have a much greater GD than Flinders.

The Northern Lights
Apprentice
Apprentice

Stevo wrote:What concerns me now is if it comes down to goal difference, the teams that played the original PG side gave them a spanking, one of these sides being USC Lion, for which they now have a much greater GD than Flinders.
Just wondering why you are concerned about finishing above lion, i thought, as said earlier in this forum by someone from your club that you would not have 2 sides in the same division, & since your div 3 side finished 3rd they will not go up unless they put 3 up in div 3 then 3 would go up from our div, so technically you would only need to finish 3rd to go up unless your club have changed their mind & will have Flinders (1) & Flinders (2) in the same division?

Caretaker Coach
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Caretaker Coach »

lefty wrote:

If I was the opposition would not be fussed who you would put out there,given that your div 1 sides are in the cup I guess that is not an option.
I know when Brahma Lodge had a Saturday team a couple of seasons ago, they would play 1 or 2 of their A's didnt mind all good bunch of blokes, you just want to play.

Paleon Patros Germanos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Paleon Patros Germanos »

My view is that you are all the same club.
Agia Lavra 1821!

gooner4life
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by gooner4life »

Stand Free wrote:
Stevo wrote:What concerns me now is if it comes down to goal difference, the teams that played the original PG side gave them a spanking, one of these sides being USC Lion, for which they now have a much greater GD than Flinders.
Just wondering why you are concerned about finishing above lion, i thought, as said earlier in this forum by someone from your club that you would not have 2 sides in the same division, & since your div 3 side finished 3rd they will not go up unless they put 3 up in div 3 then 3 would go up from our div, so technically you would only need to finish 3rd to go up unless your club have changed their mind & will have Flinders (1) & Flinders (2) in the same division?
They understanding is that any restructuring of the divisions happens from the top down, meaning that if there has to be an uneven number of teams or less than 12/10 teams this happens at Div 4 level not above. So allthough 3 teams may get promoted out of Div 3, only 1 may be relegated and thus 2 promoted. With all the restructuring of leauges as I have mentioned on here before, you never know exactly what will happen untill the start of the season.

With this in mind we (Flinders) are concerned about finishing above USC, so that we can finish in the highest possible place available to us and therefore give ourselves the best possible chance of having promotion from both Div 3 and Div 4.

Not to mention the fact that regardless of promotion we want to finish as high as possible anyway!
Arsene Wenger

theREDhaj
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by theREDhaj »

When are Flinders planning on playing your catch up games. Or are you going to wait until other results to see if you have to play them?

gooner4life
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by gooner4life »

theREDhaj wrote:When are Flinders planning on playing your catch up games. Or are you going to wait until other results to see if you have to play them?
We don't know!! :x

We have been waiting for Adelaide Uni and Mt Compass to confirm when they want to play them! As there were both away games for us, we have no control over when and if they are played. We want to play them and have been waiting to do so since they were called off.

Adelaide Uni, I thought were going to arrange something for next Wednesday night... however we have not heard anything more from them on this front.

Lets hope they get played and soon!
Arsene Wenger

The Northern Lights
Apprentice
Apprentice

gooner4life wrote:
Stand Free wrote:
They understanding is that any restructuring of the divisions happens from the top down, meaning that if there has to be an uneven number of teams or less than 12/10 teams this happens at Div 4 level not above. So allthough 3 teams may get promoted out of Div 3, only 1 may be relegated and thus 2 promoted. With all the restructuring of leauges as I have mentioned on here before, you never know exactly what will happen untill the start of the season.

With this in mind we (Flinders) are concerned about finishing above USC, so that we can finish in the highest possible place available to us and therefore give ourselves the best possible chance of having promotion from both Div 3 and Div 4.

Not to mention the fact that regardless of promotion we want to finish as high as possible anyway!
Its in the constitution that 2 have to be relegated no matter how many teams are in the division, but yeah, you never know with this lot, apparently they may let nab straight back in in the higher divs it was mentioned earlier, dont think we can catch you guys you have a fairly easy run in, but if we can catch lion then maybe we will go up, long shot but as you say try to finish as high as possible regardless.

Flying Fox
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Flying Fox »

gooner4life wrote:
theREDhaj wrote:When are Flinders planning on playing your catch up games. Or are you going to wait until other results to see if you have to play them?

We have been waiting for Adelaide Uni and Mt Compass to confirm when they want to play them! As there were both away games for us, we have no control over when and if they are played. We want to play them and have been waiting to do so since they were called off.

Adelaide Uni, I thought were going to arrange something for next Wednesday night... however we have not heard anything more from them on this front.

Apparently we've been trying to get in touch with you to organise for the 26th, but have heard nothing back. This is coming from our club chair.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Stand Free wrote:Its in the constitution that 2 have to be relegated no matter how many teams are in the division
news to me! Do you have a copy of the constitution.

The Northern Lights
Apprentice
Apprentice

God is an Englishman wrote:
Stand Free wrote:Its in the constitution that 2 have to be relegated no matter how many teams are in the division
Just what i read in another thread, but in the 13 year ive been here 2 has always went down, regardless, but i guess no one will know untill pre season as usual.

gooner4life
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by gooner4life »

Flying Fox wrote:
gooner4life wrote:

Apparently we've been trying to get in touch with you to organise for the 26th, but have heard nothing back. This is coming from our club chair.
News to me.. and no one has phoned me!

I have snet you a pm so lets hope we can sort this out.
Arsene Wenger

Flying Fox
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Flying Fox »

gooner4life wrote:
Flying Fox wrote:
gooner4life wrote:We don't know!! :x

News to me.. and no one has phoned me!

I have snet you a pm so lets hope we can sort this out.
Seen it and passed it on to the coaches.

gooner4life
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by gooner4life »

Flying Fox wrote: Seen it and passed it on to the coaches.
Thanks for that! :D
Arsene Wenger

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Stand Free wrote:
Just what i read in another thread, but in the 13 year ive been here 2 has always went down, regardless, but i guess no one will know untill pre season as usual.
You're right about not knowing until pre season. However, I know division 2 clubs are expecting that only one team will be relegated as we only had a 9 team division.

The Northern Lights
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is off the league website?

PROMOTION AND RELEGATION
(a) The two top teams of lower divisions shall be promoted to the next higher division each year.
(b) The two bottom teams of the higher division shall be relegated to the next lower division each year.
(c) When vacancies occur in higher divisions through the resignation or disbandment of teams, or any other cause, the vacancies shall be filled by the teams next in line for promotion from the next lower division.
(d) When the interest of the League is best served, the Management Committee shall have the power to adjust the numerical composition of teams in the two lowest divisions.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Stand Free wrote:This is off the league website?

PROMOTION AND RELEGATION
(a) The two top teams of lower divisions shall be promoted to the next higher division each year.
(b) The two bottom teams of the higher division shall be relegated to the next lower division each year.
(c) When vacancies occur in higher divisions through the resignation or disbandment of teams, or any other cause, the vacancies shall be filled by the teams next in line for promotion from the next lower division.
(d) When the interest of the League is best served, the Management Committee shall have the power to adjust the numerical composition of teams in the two lowest divisions.

So taking into account last season in div 2, the teams were adjusted and not in the bottom 2 divisions. Therefore their get out is to state that there were 10 teams but africa pulled out at the last moment and were deemed to forefiet every match and the division still had 10 teams.

Therefore, 2 teams relegated would be the non existant africa and hahndorf. Effectively meaning that only 1 team will be relegated.

Now division 3 had 10 teams so, 2 will be relegated. I've never seen a 10 team division not have 2 relegated. You would think then that 3 will go up and 2 down from Division 3 and 2 up and 3 up from Division 4 to replace them. I think that would mean the top 4 would be promoted from Div 4. This doesn't take into account flinders and what goes on there.

Bottom line - get yourself as high up the table and see what happens.

The Northern Lights
Apprentice
Apprentice

Stand Free wrote:This is off the league website?

PROMOTION AND RELEGATION

So taking into account last season in div 2, the teams were adjusted and not in the bottom 2 divisions. Therefore their get out is to state that there were 10 teams but africa pulled out at the last moment and were deemed to forefiet every match and the division still had 10 teams.

Therefore, 2 teams relegated would be the non existant africa and hahndorf. Effectively meaning that only 1 team will be relegated.

Now division 3 had 10 teams so, 2 will be relegated. I've never seen a 10 team division not have 2 relegated. You would think then that 3 will go up and 2 down from Division 3 and 2 up and 3 up from Division 4 to replace them. I think that would mean the top 4 would be promoted from Div 4. This doesn't take into account flinders and what goes on there.

Bottom line - get yourself as high up the table and see what happens.
thats it, but we have only ourselves to blame for not securing 2nd, we had a few chances but didnt take them, but as you said all we can do is try win our remaining games & see what happens, regardless of what happens have enjoyed playing in this division, been some cracking games! Saturdays was a bonus too!