Player rep's

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

closed account
Apprentice
Apprentice

Player rep's

Post by closed account »

do clubs still have player reps or is that the captains job?

MONTGOMERY SPLIFT
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Player rep's

Post by MONTGOMERY SPLIFT »

Tilley_Park_Boys wrote:do clubs still have player reps or is that the captains job?

go and talk to the committee, but i cant see them helping your cause. the way i see it is its up to the coach to decide who he wants in his team. i dont like how it was handled though

closed account
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by closed account »

i agree with the coach decides who is in his team, but he's not the coach of the reserves, but i suppose we are supposed to be part of the squad, but it dosn't feel like it at training!!

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

Trouble up there lads........ :?:
COLOSSUS wrote:Let me guess, ive got no balls

lisbon lion
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by lisbon lion »

Tilley_Park_Boys wrote:i agree with the coach decides who is in his team, but he's not the coach of the reserves, but i suppose we are supposed to be part of the squad, but it dosn't feel like it at training!!
senior coach oversees all players

closed account
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by closed account »

i agree, its just hard to take after 11 years service to the club, for it to end the way it did, but ill just have to accept it and move on!!

bigdawg
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by bigdawg »

trouble at the Gully?

cant see the first team changing a week after a 7 nil win.

lisbon lion
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by lisbon lion »

Tilley_Park_Boys wrote:i agree, its just hard to take after 11 years service to the club, for it to end the way it did, but ill just have to accept it and move on!!
can leave a bitter taste in your mouth but coach wont be there for ever

ManU007
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by ManU007 »

That's football mate do what I did, Retire and just focus on watching the game. That way you don't let club politics constantly get to you.

bigdawg
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by bigdawg »

Tilley_Park_Boys wrote:i agree, its just hard to take after 11 years service to the club, for it to end the way it did, but ill just have to accept it and move on!!
i have never played at a club where every player has liked the coach, or the coach like every player. i have been on the good end and shit end of it. you just gotta deal with it mate..... or go straight up to the coach 1 on 1 and ask him whats going on. some will respect it, some wont.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

It's real handy stuff :wink:

Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

lisbon lion
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by lisbon lion »

swannsong wrote:It's real handy stuff :wink:

ouch

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

lisbon lion wrote:
swannsong wrote:It's real handy stuff :wink:

ouch
I have several Reserves medals to prove this stuff works lisbon lion !
Sometimes I will call a spade a shovel....but mostly I will call it a spade !

lisbon lion
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by lisbon lion »

i am well aware of your history swanny as you would know your attitude and commitment was never in question

closed account
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by closed account »

i have spoken to the coach, and his reasons are fair enough, he want's to bring on the youth in the reserves, i came out at the start of the season expecting to be a bench player for the b's this year as i am getting on a bit and have got a bit off a belly. lol. thought about +35's but im 34 and they already have 2 underage guys, so thinkin it would be unfair to expect them to miss out every 3rd week, when there is shiraz all games, i thought id go with the b's then go to +35's next season so i was on the bench for the first few friendlies then got a start, scored, then scored in the next 2 and in my last game before this happened scored twice, so scored 4 games running, then i get pulled aside and told i should be playing +35's, i got angry as you would, had a few altercations with the coach which im not proud of, but when the reserve coach is short in the next game, he's adament i dont play, i just dont get it, but thats it, its been going on since friday night and i need to build a bridge and get over it i guess, but thanks to the players who were all behind me, it is what it is.

lisbon lion
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by lisbon lion »

Tilley_Park_Boys wrote:i have spoken to the coach, and his reasons are fair enough, he want's to bring on the youth in the reserves, i came out at the start of the season expecting to be a bench player for the b's this year as i am getting on a bit and have got a bit off a belly. lol. thought about +35's but im 34 and they already have 2 underage guys, so thinkin it would be unfair to expect them to miss out every 3rd week, when there is shiraz all games, i thought id go with the b's then go to +35's next season so i was on the bench for the first few friendlies then got a start, scored, then scored in the next 2 and in my last game before this happened scored twice, so scored 4 games running, then i get pulled aside and told i should be playing +35's, i got angry as you would, had a few altercations with the coach which im not proud of, but when the reserve coach is short in the next game, he's adament i dont play, i just dont get it, but thats it, its been going on since friday night and i need to build a bridge and get over it i guess, but thanks to the players who were all behind me, it is what it is.
coach doesnt sound like he has the right attitude to be coaching

ManU007
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by ManU007 »

From past experiences this happens a lot. What you need to do is leave and trust me you will find a club who will give you a go and then you can show them what your old club is missing out on. I have in the past been in altercations with coaches to the point of wanting to give it up. I moved found a great bunch of guys at another club then when i wanted to hang up the boots I did. All the best to you buddy and hopefully you continue playing and have a great time of it.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Tilley_Park_Boys wrote:i have spoken to the coach, and his reasons are fair enough, he want's to bring on the youth in the reserves, i came out at the start of the season expecting to be a bench player for the b's this year as i am getting on a bit and have got a bit off a belly. lol. thought about +35's but im 34 and they already have 2 underage guys, so thinkin it would be unfair to expect them to miss out every 3rd week, when there is shiraz all games, i thought id go with the b's then go to +35's next season so i was on the bench for the first few friendlies then got a start, scored, then scored in the next 2 and in my last game before this happened scored twice, so scored 4 games running, then i get pulled aside and told i should be playing +35's, i got angry as you would, had a few altercations with the coach which im not proud of, but when the reserve coach is short in the next game, he's adament i dont play, i just dont get it, but thats it, its been going on since friday night and i need to build a bridge and get over it i guess, but thanks to the players who were all behind me, it is what it is.
It's good to encourage young kids to have a go but I still think they should earn their place...it smacks of when they intoduced the age rules for B's in the FFSA leagues back in 1992.....there was a flood of good mature players to the SAASL.

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

Spend a few grand sponsoring the club, almost guaranteed a game - it's worked for me for years :wink:
Russia 2018 wrote

dont know what that idiot knight is talking about though

ManU007
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by ManU007 »

Thats why the FFSA is a joke. I remember when i played you had to be damn good to play in the first team or reserves. If you were 17 and a great player you were lucky to get a chance in the reserves. Nowdays kids are getting a go in senior teams and don't deserve it

closed account
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by closed account »

Chelski007 wrote:From past experiences this happens a lot. What you need to do is leave and trust me you will find a club who will give you a go and then you can show them what your old club is missing out on. I have in the past been in altercations with coaches to the point of wanting to give it up. I moved found a great bunch of guys at another club then when i wanted to hang up the boots I did. All the best to you buddy and hopefully you continue playing and have a great time of it.
Dont really want to leave as it has been a great 11 years, been through thick and thin with a great bunch of lads, only other option is go to the c's, no disrespect to them, but its a bit of a shambles most of the time, only had 8 players last week, but if i want to stay thats what ill have to do, got easter to think about it i suppose!!!

MONTGOMERY SPLIFT
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by MONTGOMERY SPLIFT »

brucey just come and play with the over 35s you know mcphee is bound to pull a hammy within the next couple of weeks.

Olympic (Vista) Bhoy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Olympic (Vista) Bhoy »

And I'm sure the Club is really happy that you've aired some "dirty laundry" on this portal. :roll:

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

MONTGOMERY SPLIFT wrote:brucey just come and play with the over 35s you know mcphee is bound to pull a hammy within the next couple of weeks.
is McPhee running out a game jeez.......

Take it on the chin Tilley .... there will be injuries , suspensions etc or as Knight7 said be a major sponsor or chairman lol

Maybe thats what i need to do ... look out Knight7 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Waa Waa thread :arrow:

closed account
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by closed account »

Yeah, youse are right time to let it go!

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

The new coach propabaly worked out youre not very good but its obviously taken you 11yrs to realise maybe time to be a coach :wink:
I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate....Thierry Henry

closed account
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by closed account »

lefty wrote:
The new coach propabaly worked out youre not very good but its obviously taken you 11yrs to realise maybe time to be a coach :wink:
I am scottish, so you are probably right about being s h i t e at playing and mabe becoming a good coach, look at fergie, lol