Would the real Andrew Carman please stand up

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

harryhandsome1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Would the real Andrew Carman please stand up

Post by harryhandsome1 »

I cant believe that Vista played us without Andrew Carman in goals today, the keeper that played both games was okay but never lived up to the man himself. Losing 5 goals against our B team and 1 against our A team surely the great man would never have let that happen :wink:

Enjoyed the games today Vista deserve all the credit in the world for playing fair, pleasure to beat both your teams and next time bring an interpreter so you can understand our tactics.

I suppose this is only carrying on from the banter on the sidelines,i think i won that one too. Well done Vista and all the best out of all the teams we have played this year over the two games yours have been the fairest.

:lol:

Mr Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mr Football »

Well it just goes to show he is beatable if you can get past the defence, he's finished now but our defence will remain the same.

It takes 2 to tango mate, you guys are a good bunch of blokes and when 2 teams come together that are all good blokes then the shite wont happen.

Didn't see much of the b's game but good win for you and credit to you a's, you worked hard and as a team for the full 90 mins and showed you're not a team that should be in relagation trouble all the best for the rest of the year. As for the the little number 10 i was on, probably the nicest guy i've ever marked but you reuined that by scoring.

As for vista lets make sure we're out there training hard for the next two weeks, must wins here on in

harryhandsome1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by harryhandsome1 »

Spot on comment, we have struggled this year with all the new faces in the first team but when the chips were down they have dug deep and produced when needed. The B team played hard all day and deserved the win but your no 2 should be playing in the A team he had a great fight with our no 6 which was fantastic too watch.

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Would the real Andrew Carman please stand up

Post by Happy Kopite »

harryhandsome1 wrote:I cant believe that Vista played us without Andrew Carman in goals today, the keeper that played both games was okay but never lived up to the man himself. Losing 5 goals against our B team and 1 against our A team surely the great man would never have let that happen :wink:

Enjoyed the games today Vista deserve all the credit in the world for playing fair, pleasure to beat both your teams and next time bring an interpreter so you can understand our tactics.

I suppose this is only carrying on from the banter on the sidelines,i think i won that one too. Well done Vista and all the best out of all the teams we have played this year over the two games yours have been the fairest.

:lol:
Well we're not sure that you won the banter - couldn't understand a bloody word you said. At least you can write in English....!

Oh, by the way, can you tell your mate that I rang Centrelink this morning. Despite his advice to go and sign on at Centrelink, they informed me that I earn far too much to be entitled to any benefits. I was disappointed to find this out as your mate had falsly raised my expectations... :?
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains". Bill Shankly

harryhandsome1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by harryhandsome1 »

At last a sense of humour from the side lines, but when i heard the scouse accent i told my daughter to go and check the wheels were still on the car. :wink:

I think when he heard the accent he assumed you were already screwing centrelink and robbing the cars. :lol:

sidopolous
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sidopolous »

Ditto to all said about the good atmosphere. I would like to congratulate the B team ref. Good bloke who called it as he saw it. A welcome change for an away ref.
I came back from a long absense due to injury and enjoyed the run in the second half even though we were outplayed.
Good luck for the rest of the year

harryhandsome1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by harryhandsome1 »

Yeh Sid we knew he would be fair and he was, even after the game he admitted there was a last man tackle but the game was finished and he reckoned common sense was the best way to deal with it.

He is some player and missed this year because his knee gave way in a pre seaon game, best fullback ive seen at this level.

sidopolous
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sidopolous »

I feel for him. Missed a full season two years ago cos of a full knee reconstruction. Then this year did ligaments in the other knee and missed 9 weeks.
Not sure how your lads are going but we have had shite loads of injuries this year mainly (knees and ankles - I blame the hard grounds). One of our most promising young players wrecked his knee two weeks ago.

harryhandsome1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by harryhandsome1 »

Missing our Captain broken arm, right back knee, lost our striker for 5 weeks after the face knock he took against you at Modbury, 3 players in one game against west beach only 1 has made it back. Many more to mention when we done the team sheets for the Macos game i had 14 cards in my hand of players who couldnt play for one reason or another.

the REAL one
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by the REAL one »

harryhandsome1 wrote:Missing our Captain broken arm, right back knee, lost our striker for 5 weeks after the face knock he took against you at Modbury, 3 players in one game against west beach only 1 has made it back. Many more to mention when we done the team sheets for the Macos game i had 14 cards in my hand of players who couldnt play for one reason or another.
not having a dig but whenever we (limnos) say we have alot players out due 2 injury or work etc... we get slagged with the whingers title... oh well comes with the territory :wink:
"Thats not sexy football!" and "Play the REAL one... again and again"

Spellow House
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Spellow House »

harryhandsome1 wrote:At last a sense of humour from the side lines, but when i heard the scouse accent i told my daughter to go and check the wheels were still on the car. :wink:

I think when he heard the accent he assumed you were already screwing centrelink and robbing the cars. :lol:
Sorry Handsome, but it was me with the Scouse accent, Happy is like all Kopites...Welsh!!! Very well played to your B team, they deserved everything and got what we deserved. We just didnt want it, and it cost us dearly. Well played to the B's ref too, best ref I've seen for years at B grade level, I'm very gratefull he let me stay on the park after I brought one of your guys down, it was accidental an he seen that, a lot of refs wouldnt. Thanks boys, good luck for the rest of the year.
EVERTONIANS ARE BORN, NOT MANUFACTURED. WE DO NOT CHOOSE, WE ARE CHOSEN. THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND, NEED NO EXPLANATION. THOSE WHO DONT....DONT MATTER!

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

unknown? wrote:
harryhandsome1 wrote:Missing our Captain broken arm, right back knee, lost our striker for 5 weeks after the face knock he took against you at Modbury, 3 players in one game against west beach only 1 has made it back. Many more to mention when we done the team sheets for the Macos game i had 14 cards in my hand of players who couldnt play for one reason or another.
not having a dig but whenever we (limnos) say we have alot players out due 2 injury or work etc... we get slagged with the whingers title... oh well comes with the territory :wink:
oh stop whinging :lol:
onoir diomasack

the REAL one
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by the REAL one »

BULLDOG wrote:
unknown? wrote:
oh stop whinging :lol:
but im good at it!!! :P

JP
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by JP »

we know, we hear it all the time :)

the REAL one
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by the REAL one »

JP wrote:we know, we hear it all the time :)
and u love it!!! :wink:

JP
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by JP »

Yep we sure do :)

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

AC didn't turn up for training tonight,that's it don't care who he is or how good he is he'll never play in the a's again.stuff him.
onoir diomasack

Watching.......
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Watching....... »

AC is a great keeper. and should be shown alot of respect! He did a huge favour for Vista.. were he could have been playing in the super league for a few hundred $$ each week.... All the best mate!
...."Simba"...

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

sorry if i upset you,wasn't aware he had a bf.
onoir diomasack

Olympic (Vista) Bhoy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Olympic (Vista) Bhoy »

He has many BF's that's why he couldn't join the Navy :D