Para Hills East vs Pontians

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Mr X
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Para Hills East vs Pontians

Post by Mr X »

First points for both teams,
any news on the game?
sounds like it was a cracker of amatch with a 3-3 draw?
Did Gary Aitken play?
Did Reeky score?

I expect a full write up East Boy

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Para Hills East vs Pontians

Post by East Boy »

Was a really hard fought game by both sides yesterday. Both sides were keen for the points to keep up with the rest of the pack, but with both sides missing some players, it wasn't the most flowing football game i have seen.
Easties started of well by getting the first goal through good pressure on the pontian defense and falzon finished well. Pontians equalised around 10minutes later after an error from our defense and it was game on. Easties went a little flat after that goal, but saw out the first half well.
Pontians had a goal, rightly in my opinion, disallowed for a foul on our keeper. Then pontian scored again and were playing the ball around quite nicely. Reekie did grab the equaliser through. I think, an error from the pontians defense and the keeper came out scrambling. Danny just nicked in front of him and cooly finished. Fitness was taking its toll on both sides and it was going to be a game of desperation in the last 15 mintues. Pontian scored again through a header, i think and i couldn't see a way back in it for us. But Micky Mathews popped up on the back post after a cross and nodded a nice header away to equalise.

All in all we are definatley coming together and with a few guys coming back from injury we should get better and better as the weeks go on. We showed some grit and determination i have yet to see this season which was fantastic by the boys.

Pontian are a decent side, but i predict they will be battling relegation as i would think they will struggle against the younger, fitter teams. You can see how they went well last year in div2, they very rarely play long balls and its all to feet. Something every team trys to do, but they do it well.

Not a bad result for both teams though and i'm sure we can take some positives out of the draw. Now we're ready for a week off and straight back into it!

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

Pontians are finding it a little hard to get into gear in Div 1. I think Pontians will play better as the season goes on. More training and focus on what has been letting the side down will help move the club into winning positions. Could of easliy had 6 points instead of 1. Mistakes get punished in Div 1 and that a lesson the Pontians have to learn real fast.

Easts are a team that try hard and work hard for each other. twice they were behind and equalised within 5 minutes. Good luck to them and with Kirky coming back as a striker Im sure scoring goals wont be a problem :wink:

MONTGOMERY SPLIFT
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by MONTGOMERY SPLIFT »

well done easties keep on fighting.good to see dan falzon on the score sheet.