Violence in games

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

To Mati
Star Player
Star Player

Violence in games

Post by To Mati »

The idea for this topic has come from some recent posts in this forum.

Is a punch worse than spitting or vice versa? Punching, kicking, kneeing, elbows thrown, spitting ...Where do you draw the line?

I know if somebody spat at me that would be it for me I would snap. God knows what the other person has. I would completely forget about the game and anything else and do my best to clean them up, but hey thats me.

If there are known clubs who repeatedly resort to violence how are they still in the league? DO clubs report incidents of violence. Are the amateur federation really taking note of troubled clubs and doing something about them?

Di Canio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Di Canio »

Spitting on someone in my opinion is by far worse than hitting them. The animal that was doing the spitting for el salvador got what he deserved and ended up in hospital.
I'm very happy to have moved to West Ham, because I can play for a better team than Sheffield Wednesday.
- Paolo Di Canio

Hesimo
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Violence

Post by Hesimo »

Agree, if the amateur league don't take any action against this behaviour they can be and will be held responsible for not taking any action which will show no "duty of care" so if anyone from the amateur league is reading, please take note It will unfortunately take a major incident and the finger will be pointed at the amateur league asking "what did you do in the past to prevent and discourage this type of behaviour"?

PECKER02
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by PECKER02 »

some rough play is good for the game but when players our spitting they need to be sorted out

Luca Brasi
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Luca Brasi »

Spitting is far worse than hitting a player (although hitting someone behind play is bad enough).

What happened to the guy from El Savador?
I need to think of a decent signature....

sweet mate productions
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sweet mate productions »

spitting is disgusting, something that was evident on Sunday when Vista scored the winning goal and striker was spat on by the Pumas Coach. The game was played in great spirit and this disgusting and not needed act put a downer on the game.

Luca Brasi
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Luca Brasi »

Sweet mate producrions said
when Vista scored the winning goal and striker was spat on by the Pumas Coach

he is known for being a bit of a sore loser....
I need to think of a decent signature....

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

sweet mate productions wrote:spitting is disgusting, something that was evident on Sunday when Vista scored the winning goal and striker was spat on by the Pumas Coach. The game was played in great spirit and this disgusting and not needed act put a downer on the game.
totally the lowest act is to spit on someone,16 years at the same club and i can't recall a player,spectator nor a coach ever doing such a dirty,sad act. anyone who did would no longer be welcome at the club.

waawaa
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by waawaa »

what happened to the el salvador bloke. we have them in the cup. are they a dirty team?

the REAL one
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by the REAL one »

too many guys trying to be hard kunts

Di Canio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Di Canio »

p@ul12 wrote:what happened to the el salvador bloke. we have them in the cup. are they a dirty team?
Their B's were absoloute filth but their ref was letting it go. With an official they wont get away with it.
I'm very happy to have moved to West Ham, because I can play for a better team than Sheffield Wednesday.
- Paolo Di Canio

To Mati
Star Player
Star Player

Post by To Mati »

Is walking away from thepark considered as a forfeit or must the team put up with the violence/abnormally rough play?

waawaa
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by waawaa »

i pretty sure we are at home. our ref wont put up with that shIIIIIt