Results 21/22 July

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

steedy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by steedy »

anfieldboy wrote:
steedy wrote:GREAT WORK BIG FELLA....... :wink:
bloody downs, always shouting!! :lol: :lol:

referring to the CAPS LOCK of course...
SORRY...oops sorry :lol: :lol: UUUUUUU DOWNS.... :lol:
The PRIDE the PASSION..
We're in the biggest army the league has ever seen
and we are marching as one on the road to a league title...
NULLI SECUNDUS....
2012... year of the DOWNS............U LOOSE TO THE MAROONS :-)

Between the Sticks
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Between the Sticks »

Number9 wrote:
Handy_man wrote:div 3

MACO - 0
MUNNO PARA - 0

good result for the para..... and they celebrated it too
They did?? I can see why, Macedonia certainly are the form team of Div 3 with there 1 point and 0 goals from the last 2 games. Playing the team who are 3rd bottom I am sure Munno Para were delighted with a 0-0 draw :?

How did they celebrate?? Obviously wasn't with a few drinks in your club rooms..
if you look at the turnaround from the the first round you'll find that yes we are the form team at present regardless of the stats...... aint no prizes for finishing 3rd or 9th but id be pretty embarrassed getting a 0-0 draw against the 3rd bottom team rather than almost ejaculating after the final whistle...... i couldnt give a toss if they didnt come in for a drink personally....thats just typical of some clubs.....we shall adopt that attitude shortly......

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

read what i posted in ur other topic 8)
"barmy army, chairboys!!"

Between the Sticks
Squad Player
Squad Player

sparts wrote:read what i posted in ur other topic 8)
mate it was not personal...i just play....and thanks for hangin around..... :lol:

Cyril 33
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Cyril 33 »

Golden EAGLE wrote:
Chestnut wrote:Vista vs Pontian - Vista took it too Pontian in the 1st half, were unlucky to concede an own goal, then Pontian hit the post, apart from that Vista had the better of the 1st half, couple of one-on-one chances not scored.......2nd half, probably best not too comment as wasn't playing. Different side came out after half time and unfortunately Pontians class and "simpleness" on the ball showed up and it looked like a stroll in the park. Pontian will hold there own in Div 1 next year, good bunch of guys, games played in good spirit.
Would like to say thanks to Vista for the BBQ after the game and also would like ot mention that their Bs ref best one we have seen all year, including our own! Good bunch of people down there. I think they appreciate good football and they saw a great display in the second half, well from one side anyway. :D

I thought you had some half chances in the later stages of the first half some were well saved by the keeper! Nice to see your coach come in after the game and shake hands with our players and invite us in the club rooms for a drink.

Once again thanks Vista and good luck for the rest of the year.
Now Eagle your b's ref one of the best going around. Now that is laughable - the biggest cheat who does not know the rules. Last year awarded a dodgy penalty against us and sent off a player for not moving back ten yards, then this year sent off one of ours for questioning decision. Unfortunately for you not even he could help you take points from us.
On a different subject I think promtion is just about guaranteed and i will miss not having to ice up every part of my body after playing you guys.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Macedonia the form team ?. Handyman you are mental. Everyone knows you are crap.

Between the Sticks
Squad Player
Squad Player

new pom wrote:Macedonia the form team. Handyman you are mental. Everyone knows you are crap.
and you speak for everyone do you????

have you watched us play the last 5 weeks??? coz if you have you wouldnt be calling me mental but would be getting of the prozac which seems to be clouding any rational judgement you might or might not have had in the first place..... :)

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

you goose! your as dopey as club man/maso prez. Form team my asS
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King Ledley
Star Player
Star Player

Post by King Ledley »

Big Wayne wrote:
Berbatov wrote:
Hammer Down Under wrote:
Berbatov wrote:Bosna vs Brahma Lodge

B's 2-4

A's 1-1

in the A's game there were no fights :lol:
Excellent work Berbatov, what about the B's ?

ummm no fights there either, it was actually a pretty entertaining game, BL went up 3-0, bosna brought it back to 3-2 and looked like they were about to get atleast a draw, but then that very quick forward for BL ( either that or Bosna are unfit lol) scored again to make it 4-2, oh and one of the BL players looked like he got into a fight with a lawnmoer :lol:
Berbatov, my lad thought the reserve game was 5-2 (mind you he is not very good at maths) but he did mention that the game was played in good spirit. To be honest I was a bit worried about it but good to hear no problems.

Great win for Salisbury Inter - well done Stewy.

Big Wayne reporting from the US&A

sure it was 5-2 :? , i must have gone to get a pint when BL got a 5th :wink:
Tromsø wrote:they've just put the 5th one in and the crowd is now giving it the 'are you arsenal in disguise?'

Between the Sticks
Squad Player
Squad Player

new pom wrote:you goose! your as dopey as club man/maso prez. Form team my asS
mental and goose....man thats some vocabulary list you got...... and if your asS has anything to do with the form team then i hope you got a good supply of corks or nappies :D and dopey was one of the 7 dwarves and at 6'3" i dont quite qualify.... its my opinion that we are the rorm side at present if you have an opinion please voice it without the name calling :lol:

The Russian Submarine
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Russian Submarine »

Handy_man wrote:
div 3

MACO - 0
MUNNO PARA - 0

I wasnt celebrating the draw, I was just happy the game was over! All our team had a big club 21st and the majority put thier last drinks down at 7:00 on Sunday morning.

On the game, I reckon Maco had the better chances to snatch it but couldnt find the final touch. Just as we couldnt, the dude with mullet at the back had an absolute cracker game, BOG in my opinion. Good hard fought game by both...

"It was the challenge of returning home and wearing the famous black and white shirt which made up my mind." - Alan Shearer

The Russian Submarine
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Russian Submarine »

Handy_man wrote:
div 3

MACO - 0
MUNNO PARA - 0

Oops stuffed that up!!!

I wasnt celebrating the draw, I was just happy the game was over! All our team had a big club 21st and the majority put thier last drinks down at 7:00 on Sunday morning.

On the game, I reckon Maco had the better chances to snatch it but couldnt find the final touch. Just as we couldnt, the dude with mullet at the back had an absolute cracker game, BOG in my opinion. Good hard fought game by both...

"It was the challenge of returning home and wearing the famous black and white shirt which made up my mind." - Alan Shearer

The Preacher
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by The Preacher »

Handy_man wrote:
mental and goose....man thats some vocabulary list you got...... and if your asS has anything to do with the form team then i hope you got a good supply of corks or nappies :D and dopey was one of the 7 dwarves and at 6'3" i dont quite qualify.... its my opinion that we are the rorm side at present if you have an opinion please voice it without the name calling :lol:
Form team! hahahaha Ingle Farm are a form team, Pontians are are form team Maco i think not! you have to actually WIN games to be a form team! :shock: :shock: :shock:
"To Preach is to TEACH"

Big Wayne
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Big Wayne »

Berbatov wrote:[sure it was 5-2 :? , i must have gone to get a pint when BL got a 5th :wink:
You were right, the SAASL web site says 4-2. He must have been away with the pixies.

Between the Sticks
Squad Player
Squad Player

The Preacher wrote:
Handy_man wrote:
Form team! hahahaha Ingle Farm are a form team, Pontians are are form team Maco i think not! you have to actually WIN games to be a form team! :shock: :shock: :shock:
round 1

maco v seaford=draw
maco v san marco=draw
maco v el salvador=loss
maco v munno para=loss

round 2 so far

maco v seaford=win
maco v san marco=win
maco v el salvador=win
maco v munno para=draw

i think that easily qualifies as a change in form for all you detractors....topic was about playing the best football not whos won the most games....... thanks altar boy

The Preacher
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by The Preacher »

Handy_man wrote:
The Preacher wrote:
Handy_man wrote:
round 1

maco v seaford=draw
maco v san marco=draw
maco v el salvador=loss
maco v munno para=loss

round 2 so far

maco v seaford=win
maco v san marco=win
maco v el salvador=win
maco v munno para=draw

i think that easily qualifies as a change in form for all you detractors....topic was about playing the best football not whos won the most games....... thanks altar boy
theres a difference between CHANGE in form and being the FORM team!
"To Preach is to TEACH"

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

Lance 23 wrote:
Golden EAGLE wrote:
Chestnut wrote:Vista vs Pontian - Vista took it too Pontian in the 1st half, were unlucky to concede an own goal, then Pontian hit the post, apart from that Vista had the better of the 1st half, couple of one-on-one chances not scored.......2nd half, probably best not too comment as wasn't playing. Different side came out after half time and unfortunately Pontians class and "simpleness" on the ball showed up and it looked like a stroll in the park. Pontian will hold there own in Div 1 next year, good bunch of guys, games played in good spirit.
Would like to say thanks to Vista for the BBQ after the game and also would like ot mention that their Bs ref best one we have seen all year, including our own! Good bunch of people down there. I think they appreciate good football and they saw a great display in the second half, well from one side anyway. :D

I thought you had some half chances in the later stages of the first half some were well saved by the keeper! Nice to see your coach come in after the game and shake hands with our players and invite us in the club rooms for a drink.

Now Eagle your b's ref one of the best going around. Now that is laughable - the biggest cheat who does not know the rules. Last year awarded a dodgy penalty against us and sent off a player for not moving back ten yards, then this year sent off one of ours for questioning decision. Unfortunately for you not even he could help you take points from us.
On a different subject I think promtion is just about guaranteed and i will miss not having to ice up every part of my body after playing you guys.
Lance who do you play for? I never said our B ref was the best one going around. I was giving a compliment to the vista ref who did a great job. Its Very rareto see a home team give two penalties to the away team even if there there if you know what I mean. As for the Pontian B's there a good bunch of blokes that battle hard and are some of the longest serving members of our club! As for promotion we will take it one game at a time. And we are looking forward to going to Argana Park played there last year in a quarter final of the cup. we lost 2-1 had a few players out but we saw what we needed to do to match with the best in the comp. We will do OK next year wherever we are.

Klinsmann
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Klinsmann »

The Preacher wrote:
Handy_man wrote:
Actually Raptors are the form team in Div. 2, not Pontian...

Raptors are 4 on the trot, compared to Pontian at 2-2.

Cyril 33
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Cyril 33 »

Golden EAGLE wrote:
Lance 23 wrote:
Golden EAGLE wrote:

Lance who do you play for? I never said our B ref was the best one going around. I was giving a compliment to the vista ref who did a great job. Its Very rareto see a home team give two penalties to the away team even if there there if you know what I mean. As for the Pontian B's there a good bunch of blokes that battle hard and are some of the longest serving members of our club! As for promotion we will take it one game at a time. And we are looking forward to going to Argana Park played there last year in a quarter final of the cup. we lost 2-1 had a few players out but we saw what we needed to do to match with the best in the comp. We will do OK next year wherever we are.
Play for Gully b's Eagle. We have had the wool on you guys last couple of years.Hopefully the young guys in our squad hang around for a long time because their all good players and top blokes and playing against the hard men like your b's team is good experience for us.These guys will learn alot and when they step up to A's they will be ready for the challenge.Very young squad at Gully and I as one of the older heads look forward to watching our b's transform into a competitive - hopefully div one side in years to come.
Life moves pretty fast, if you dont stop and look around once in a while, you just might miss it !

Between the Sticks
Squad Player
Squad Player

The Preacher wrote:
Handy_man wrote:
The Preacher wrote:
Handy_man wrote:
round 1

maco v seaford=draw
maco v san marco=draw
maco v el salvador=loss
maco v munno para=loss

round 2 so far

maco v seaford=win
maco v san marco=win
maco v el salvador=win
maco v munno para=draw

theres a difference between CHANGE in form and being the FORM team!
same shite different smell..... i believe our 'change' in form has been thegreatest of all teams in our division therefor that would make us the form side in my opinion..... not the best or the worst but at present the form side given the big turnaround in round 2.....