T20 world cup

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 51452
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: T20 world cup

Post by God is an Englishman »

Bomber wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:03 am Rain saves england again
Nice try :lol:
Image

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 51452
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: T20 world cup

Post by God is an Englishman »

Rain could well be the reason we don't make the semis now.
Image

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1376
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:21 pm
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: T20 world cup

Post by C U Next Saturday »

God is an Englishman wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:39 am Rain could well be the reason we don't make the semis now.
Id say losing to Ireland would be a massive reason if you dont make it to the semi's

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 51452
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: T20 world cup

Post by God is an Englishman »

C U Next Saturday wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:25 am
God is an Englishman wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:39 am Rain could well be the reason we don't make the semis now.
Id say losing to Ireland would be a massive reason if you dont make it to the semi's

Yes, and I say we lost that because of the rain.
Image

Con M
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 3218
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:19 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: T20 world cup

Post by Con M »

Con M wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:52 am Similar to Stepney indoor cricket. Joke of a game.

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1376
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:21 pm
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: T20 world cup

Post by C U Next Saturday »

Easy win for Australia over Ireland...

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 51452
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: T20 world cup

Post by God is an Englishman »

Good to see all these aussie supporting new zealand.
Image

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 3444
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:17 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 68 times

Re: T20 world cup

Post by N5 1BH »

It’s all they’ll have left after Saturday

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach
Posts: 21867
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Has thanked: 223 times
Been thanked: 52 times

Re: T20 world cup

Post by ozzie owl »

With India assured of winning tonight, I wonder if it will be a sell out on Thursday night for the semi final?

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 51452
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: T20 world cup

Post by God is an Englishman »

ozzie owl wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:07 pm With India assured of winning tonight, I wonder if it will be a sell out on Thursday night for the semi final?

Had my tickets for months. CA are now talking about moving my seats.
Image

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach
Posts: 21867
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Has thanked: 223 times
Been thanked: 52 times

Re: T20 world cup

Post by ozzie owl »

God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:27 am
ozzie owl wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:07 pm With India assured of winning tonight, I wonder if it will be a sell out on Thursday night for the semi final?

Had my tickets for months. CA are now talking about moving my seats.
We bought ours in Feb , why are they moving you ?

We haven’t heard anything .

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 51452
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: T20 world cup

Post by God is an Englishman »

ozzie owl wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:20 am
God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:27 am
ozzie owl wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:07 pm With India assured of winning tonight, I wonder if it will be a sell out on Thursday night for the semi final?

Had my tickets for months. CA are now talking about moving my seats.
We bought ours in Feb , why are they moving you ?

We haven’t heard anything .

They are looking at setting up an England and India supporters area.
Image

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1376
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:21 pm
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: T20 world cup

Post by C U Next Saturday »

Are they setting up an area for the drug cheat Hales ?

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 51452
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: T20 world cup

Post by God is an Englishman »

C U Next Saturday wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:36 am Are they setting up an area for the drug cheat Hales ?

Iassume he'll have his usual spot in the changing room.

When did he teat positive?

Your drug cheat has a stand named after him at the MCG. He doesn't need a seat there anymore though.
Image

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1376
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:21 pm
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: T20 world cup

Post by C U Next Saturday »

God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:42 am
C U Next Saturday wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:36 am Are they setting up an area for the drug cheat Hales ?

Iassume he'll have his usual spot in the changing room.

When did he teat positive?

Your drug cheat has a stand named after him at the MCG. He doesn't need a seat there anymore though.
Was caught the second time in 2019 and only given 21 day suspension ...jeez your lot are light on punishing players..

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 51452
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: T20 world cup

Post by God is an Englishman »

C U Next Saturday wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:53 am
God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:42 am
C U Next Saturday wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:36 am Are they setting up an area for the drug cheat Hales ?

Iassume he'll have his usual spot in the changing room.

When did he teat positive?

Your drug cheat has a stand named after him at the MCG. He doesn't need a seat there anymore though.
Was caught the second time in 2019 and only given 21 day suspension ...jeez your lot are light on punishing players..
When did he test positive?
Image

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1376
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:21 pm
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: T20 world cup

Post by C U Next Saturday »

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/engl ... se-1182181

"The drugs violation is understood to have been detected after Hales underwent a routine hair-follicle test"

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 51452
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: T20 world cup

Post by God is an Englishman »

C U Next Saturday wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:41 am https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/engl ... se-1182181

"The drugs violation is understood to have been detected after Hales underwent a routine hair-follicle test"
What does WADA have to say about hair follicle tests outside of competition?

3 years out in the wilderness. Yes, soft on drugs.
Image

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach
Posts: 21867
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Has thanked: 223 times
Been thanked: 52 times

Re: T20 world cup

Post by ozzie owl »

God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:06 am
ozzie owl wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:20 am
God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:27 am
ozzie owl wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:07 pm With India assured of winning tonight, I wonder if it will be a sell out on Thursday night for the semi final?

Had my tickets for months. CA are now talking about moving my seats.
We bought ours in Feb , why are they moving you ?

We haven’t heard anything .

They are looking at setting up an England and India supporters area.
Our tickets for the game have been locked in the website, apparently to be released tomorrow There is a rumour this has been to minimise risk of scalpers.

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 51452
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: T20 world cup

Post by God is an Englishman »

ozzie owl wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:28 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:06 am
ozzie owl wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:20 am
God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:27 am
ozzie owl wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:07 pm With India assured of winning tonight, I wonder if it will be a sell out on Thursday night for the semi final?

Had my tickets for months. CA are now talking about moving my seats.
We bought ours in Feb , why are they moving you ?

We haven’t heard anything .

They are looking at setting up an England and India supporters area.
Our tickets for the game have been locked in the website, apparently to be released tomorrow There is a rumour this has been to minimise risk of scalpers.
Mine have been moved to the England section.

Yes, the Barmy Army ticket distribution has been pushed back because of those release times.

This may be because people are being moved for the two fan sections.
Image

Frank Costanza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 700
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 6:38 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: T20 world cup

Post by Frank Costanza »

Glad Australia got bundled out - they were boring as hell to watch
The 4 best teams have made it through - should be 3 good games to finish this mickey-mouse world cup before the real one begins in a couple of weeks
WHO TOOK MY TV GUIDE???

User avatar
Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman
Posts: 60490
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:40 am
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 136 times

Re: T20 world cup

Post by Bomber »

Frank Costanza wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:21 pm Glad Australia got bundled out - they were boring as hell to watch
The 4 best teams have made it through - should be 3 good games to finish this mickey-mouse world cup before the real one begins in a couple of weeks
I'm not glad they were bundled out but was disappointed with their overall demeanor and lack of enthusiasm. Bottom line, they only lost one game, Pakistan lost two, and find themselves in the final. Swings and roundabouts as they say.
Hopefully rain won't intervene tonight in the other semi.
Ignore this signature

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 51452
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: T20 world cup

Post by God is an Englishman »

Bomber wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:21 am
Frank Costanza wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:21 pm Glad Australia got bundled out - they were boring as hell to watch
The 4 best teams have made it through - should be 3 good games to finish this mickey-mouse world cup before the real one begins in a couple of weeks
I'm not glad they were bundled out but was disappointed with their overall demeanor and lack of enthusiasm. Bottom line, they only lost one game, Pakistan lost two, and find themselves in the final. Swings and roundabouts as they say.
Hopefully rain won't intervene tonight in the other semi.
There is a reserve day booked if needed. If both days are lost, then India will go through.
Image

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1376
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:21 pm
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: T20 world cup

Post by C U Next Saturday »

This is repeat of 1992 world cup.

Pakistan lost its opening game at the MCG
Lost to India in the group stage
Won last 3 consecutive matches
Qualified for the semi's by 1 point
Defeated NZ in the semi final batting second

By this logic, England should win the semi final and lose the final like they did in 1992 WC.

Shaheen Shah Afridi is peaking like Wasim akram at end of the tournament after struggling initially. Even wasim struggled initially in 1992 WC.

Not to forget Aus won 1987 wc then pak won 1992 wc. Aus won 2022 t20 wc so 2022 t20 wc is won by????

Both finch and border were aged 36 when wc happened in 1992 and both won the previous wc which happened to be Aus first ever wc in that format????

And in both tournaments Australia were knocked out early with their captains aged 36.

So Shaheen Shah Afridi to clean bowled Harry brook and Chris Woakes/ livingstone in consecutive balls??????

User avatar
God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 51452
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:31 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: T20 world cup

Post by God is an Englishman »

C U Next Saturday wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:32 pm This is repeat of 1992 world cup.

Pakistan lost its opening game at the MCG
Lost to India in the group stage
Won last 3 consecutive matches
Qualified for the semi's by 1 point
Defeated NZ in the semi final batting second

By this logic, England should win the semi final and lose the final like they did in 1992 WC.

Shaheen Shah Afridi is peaking like Wasim akram at end of the tournament after struggling initially. Even wasim struggled initially in 1992 WC.

Not to forget Aus won 1987 wc then pak won 1992 wc. Aus won 2022 t20 wc so 2022 t20 wc is won by????

Both finch and border were aged 36 when wc happened in 1992 and both won the previous wc which happened to be Aus first ever wc in that format????

And in both tournaments Australia were knocked out early with their captains aged 36.

So Shaheen Shah Afridi to clean bowled Harry brook and Chris Woakes/ livingstone in consecutive balls??????
T20 though, not ODI. I have faith.

Seems like the ICC and the Adelaid Oval groundstaff want India v Pakistan though.
Image

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 4509
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:34 pm
Has thanked: 298 times
Been thanked: 87 times

Re: T20 world cup

Post by eagleboy »

God is an Englishman wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:53 pm
ozzie owl wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:28 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:06 am
ozzie owl wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:20 am
God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:27 am
ozzie owl wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:07 pm With India assured of winning tonight, I wonder if it will be a sell out on Thursday night for the semi final?

Had my tickets for months. CA are now talking about moving my seats.
We bought ours in Feb , why are they moving you ?

We haven’t heard anything .

They are looking at setting up an England and India supporters area.
Our tickets for the game have been locked in the website, apparently to be released tomorrow There is a rumour this has been to minimise risk of scalpers.
Mine have been moved to the England section.

Yes, the Barmy Army ticket distribution has been pushed back because of those release times.

This may be because people are being moved for the two fan sections.
I suppose they want all the whinging to be confined in the England part of the ground. :smile:

Frank Costanza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 700
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 6:38 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: T20 world cup

Post by Frank Costanza »

God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:59 pm
C U Next Saturday wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:32 pm This is repeat of 1992 world cup.

Pakistan lost its opening game at the MCG
Lost to India in the group stage
Won last 3 consecutive matches
Qualified for the semi's by 1 point
Defeated NZ in the semi final batting second

By this logic, England should win the semi final and lose the final like they did in 1992 WC.

Shaheen Shah Afridi is peaking like Wasim akram at end of the tournament after struggling initially. Even wasim struggled initially in 1992 WC.

Not to forget Aus won 1987 wc then pak won 1992 wc. Aus won 2022 t20 wc so 2022 t20 wc is won by????

Both finch and border were aged 36 when wc happened in 1992 and both won the previous wc which happened to be Aus first ever wc in that format????

And in both tournaments Australia were knocked out early with their captains aged 36.

So Shaheen Shah Afridi to clean bowled Harry brook and Chris Woakes/ livingstone in consecutive balls??????
T20 though, not ODI. I have faith.

Seems like the ICC and the Adelaid Oval groundstaff want India v Pakistan though.
I thought the wicket played very well.
England played to the conditions perfectly
WHO TOOK MY TV GUIDE???

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach
Posts: 21867
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Has thanked: 223 times
Been thanked: 52 times

Re: T20 world cup

Post by ozzie owl »

Frank Costanza wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:33 am
God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:59 pm
C U Next Saturday wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:32 pm This is repeat of 1992 world cup.

Pakistan lost its opening game at the MCG
Lost to India in the group stage
Won last 3 consecutive matches
Qualified for the semi's by 1 point
Defeated NZ in the semi final batting second

By this logic, England should win the semi final and lose the final like they did in 1992 WC.

Shaheen Shah Afridi is peaking like Wasim akram at end of the tournament after struggling initially. Even wasim struggled initially in 1992 WC.

Not to forget Aus won 1987 wc then pak won 1992 wc. Aus won 2022 t20 wc so 2022 t20 wc is won by????

Both finch and border were aged 36 when wc happened in 1992 and both won the previous wc which happened to be Aus first ever wc in that format????

And in both tournaments Australia were knocked out early with their captains aged 36.

So Shaheen Shah Afridi to clean bowled Harry brook and Chris Woakes/ livingstone in consecutive balls??????
T20 though, not ODI. I have faith.

Seems like the ICC and the Adelaid Oval groundstaff want India v Pakistan though.
I thought the wicket played very well.
England played to the conditions perfectly
Best T20 partnership I've seen Butler and Hales attacked from start.

The target could have been lot less I don't why Butler let Jordan have four overs.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 3444
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:17 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 68 times

Re: T20 world cup

Post by N5 1BH »

Was definitely expecting a much more nervous evening. Might be a wash out on Sunday, shame they can’t move it to the covered one down the road, probably empty too

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1376
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:21 pm
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: T20 world cup

Post by C U Next Saturday »

N5 1BH wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:18 am Was definitely expecting a much more nervous evening. Might be a wash out on Sunday, shame they can’t move it to the covered one down the road, probably empty too
Do you think they would have time to put in a drop in pitch and have it tready in 3 days ??

Post Reply