Olyroos Behaving Badly in Cambodia

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

Post Reply
User avatar
Grosso Mk II
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 606
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:32 pm

Olyroos Behaving Badly in Cambodia

Post by Grosso Mk II »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-10-09/ ... a/11577578

Four of Australia's top young footballers face possible fines and suspensions after an end-of-tournament night out in Cambodia.

The ABC can reveal Football Federation Australia (FFA) will demand up-and-coming forward Lachlan Wales, young defender Nathaniel Atkinson and midfielders Brandon Wilson and Riley McGree explain their alleged behaviour, under a formal "show cause" process.
they all have one thing in common too, but I can't quite put my finger on it

B.Toomer
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 757
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:45 pm

Re: Olyroos Behaving Badly in Cambodia

Post by B.Toomer »

Sure have......they are Australian.

User avatar
Bomber
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 55934
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:40 am
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Olyroos Behaving Badly in Cambodia

Post by Bomber »

Grosso Mk II wrote:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-10-09/ ... a/11577578

Four of Australia's top young footballers face possible fines and suspensions after an end-of-tournament night out in Cambodia.

The ABC can reveal Football Federation Australia (FFA) will demand up-and-coming forward Lachlan Wales, young defender Nathaniel Atkinson and midfielders Brandon Wilson and Riley McGree explain their alleged behaviour, under a formal "show cause" process.
they all have one thing in common too, but I can't quite put my finger on it
That would probably be because you're totally stupid. :P
Ignore this signature

Cooper
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1249
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:36 pm

Re: Olyroos Behaving Badly in Cambodia

Post by Cooper »

Another classic coward post by Grossos. Continues to bad mouth the country he lives in while continuing to dodge and run away from anything that counteracts or shows his home land in a bad or worse light. :clown:

User avatar
Michael
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1334
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:14 pm

Re: Olyroos Behaving Badly in Cambodia

Post by Michael »

Grosso Mk II wrote:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-10-09/ ... a/11577578

Four of Australia's top young footballers face possible fines and suspensions after an end-of-tournament night out in Cambodia.

The ABC can reveal Football Federation Australia (FFA) will demand up-and-coming forward Lachlan Wales, young defender Nathaniel Atkinson and midfielders Brandon Wilson and Riley McGree explain their alleged behaviour, under a formal "show cause" process.
they all have one thing in common too, but I can't quite put my finger on it

Rumours and innuendo......
Just sweep it under the carpet like they do in rugby and afl
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

User avatar
Michael
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1334
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:14 pm

Re: Olyroos Behaving Badly in Cambodia

Post by Michael »

Cooper wrote:Another classic coward post by Grossos. Continues to bad mouth the country he lives in while continuing to dodge and run away from anything that counteracts or shows his home land in a bad or worse light. :clown:

You do realise that Grosso was born here?
Your post above makes no sense.
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

User avatar
Bomber
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 55934
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:40 am
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Olyroos Behaving Badly in Cambodia

Post by Bomber »

So what did they do exactly? Go out and party a bit hard? Arrive at hotel after curfew?

Only punishment is jail, surely.
Ignore this signature

Cooper
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1249
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:36 pm

Re: Olyroos Behaving Badly in Cambodia

Post by Cooper »

Michael wrote:
Cooper wrote:Another classic coward post by Grossos. Continues to bad mouth the country he lives in while continuing to dodge and run away from anything that counteracts or shows his home land in a bad or worse light. :clown:

You do realise that Grosso was born here?
Your post above makes no sense.
He always claims not to be Australian.

Your attempt at trolling is weak. Try harder next time

User avatar
Michael
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1334
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:14 pm

Re: Olyroos Behaving Badly in Cambodia

Post by Michael »

Cooper wrote:
Michael wrote:
Cooper wrote:Another classic coward post by Grossos. Continues to bad mouth the country he lives in while continuing to dodge and run away from anything that counteracts or shows his home land in a bad or worse light. :clown:

You do realise that Grosso was born here?
Your post above makes no sense.
He always claims not to be Australian.

Your attempt at trolling is weak. Try harder next time

I am not trolling.
Honesty has a power that very few can handle.
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

Cooper
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1249
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:36 pm

Re: Olyroos Behaving Badly in Cambodia

Post by Cooper »

Michael wrote:
Cooper wrote:
Michael wrote:

You do realise that Grosso was born here?
Your post above makes no sense.
He always claims not to be Australian.

Your attempt at trolling is weak. Try harder next time

I am not trolling.
Honesty has a power that very few can handle.
Huh?

eagleboy
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
Posts: 1856
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:34 pm
Has thanked: 4 times

Re: Olyroos Behaving Badly in Cambodia

Post by eagleboy »

Riley McGree is among four Olyroos to have received suspensions from the FFA.

Lachlan Wales, Nathaniel Atkinson and Brandon Wilson will not feature in a potential Olympics campaign next year while rising star Riley McGree will play no further part in the Olyroos' qualifiers after they were suspended for "unprofessional conduct" involving a woman.
In April this year, a woman complained about the quartet - who were in Cambodia with the Olyroos for the AFC U-23 championship qualifying tournament - leading to a lengthy FFA investigation.

McGree has been banned from international duty until April 1 next year while Wales, Atkinson and Wilson were hit with longer bans through to August 10, meaning that trio cannot be selected for the Tokyo Olympics.
All four players will also be suspended for January's AFC under-23 championships, the qualifying tournament for the Olympics.

McGree has had a stellar start to his return to Adelaide United, scoring four goals in his first five A-League games but will now be ineligible for Socceroos consideration, including for World Cup qualifiers against Nepal and Kuwait in March, until his ban expires.
McGree, Atkinson, Wales and Wilson did not travel with the Olyroos to China on November 9 as sanctions were pending.
The FFA said the four players would also participate in education courses and counselling as a result of the code of conduct breach.
"These sanctions are commensurate to the nature of the breaches of the National Code of Conduct which is in place to safeguard both the players and the reputation of Australian football," FFA chairman Chris Nikou said in a statement.
"Upholding our commitment to respect and responsibility cannot be compromised. Our game is built on equality, inclusivity and respect and these are values that we will continue to uphold.
"The players have understood the gravity of their actions and have positively commenced respectful relationship programs that will ensure they appreciate these values in the future."
The players can appeal FFA's ruling to the independent FFA disciplinary and ethics committee.
The players' union, Professional Footballers Australia, said it would provide support to all four players.
"The PFA has, and continues to, represent the players throughout this process and will work closely with each of them on their options, including appealing the sanctions imposed," the PFA said in a statement.
"From the outset the players have accepted responsibility, undertaken respectful relationships counselling and at all times acted cooperatively with the FFA during the investigation."

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 2726
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:40 am
Has thanked: 3 times

Re: Olyroos Behaving Badly in Cambodia

Post by Brian the Postman »

eagleboy wrote:Riley McGree is among four Olyroos to have received suspensions from the FFA.

Lachlan Wales, Nathaniel Atkinson and Brandon Wilson will not feature in a potential Olympics campaign next year while rising star Riley McGree will play no further part in the Olyroos' qualifiers after they were suspended for "unprofessional conduct" involving a woman.
In April this year, a woman complained about the quartet - who were in Cambodia with the Olyroos for the AFC U-23 championship qualifying tournament - leading to a lengthy FFA investigation.

McGree has been banned from international duty until April 1 next year while Wales, Atkinson and Wilson were hit with longer bans through to August 10, meaning that trio cannot be selected for the Tokyo Olympics.
All four players will also be suspended for January's AFC under-23 championships, the qualifying tournament for the Olympics.

McGree has had a stellar start to his return to Adelaide United, scoring four goals in his first five A-League games but will now be ineligible for Socceroos consideration, including for World Cup qualifiers against Nepal and Kuwait in March, until his ban expires.
McGree, Atkinson, Wales and Wilson did not travel with the Olyroos to China on November 9 as sanctions were pending.
The FFA said the four players would also participate in education courses and counselling as a result of the code of conduct breach.
"These sanctions are commensurate to the nature of the breaches of the National Code of Conduct which is in place to safeguard both the players and the reputation of Australian football," FFA chairman Chris Nikou said in a statement.
"Upholding our commitment to respect and responsibility cannot be compromised. Our game is built on equality, inclusivity and respect and these are values that we will continue to uphold.
"The players have understood the gravity of their actions and have positively commenced respectful relationship programs that will ensure they appreciate these values in the future."
The players can appeal FFA's ruling to the independent FFA disciplinary and ethics committee.
The players' union, Professional Footballers Australia, said it would provide support to all four players.
"The PFA has, and continues to, represent the players throughout this process and will work closely with each of them on their options, including appealing the sanctions imposed," the PFA said in a statement.
"From the outset the players have accepted responsibility, undertaken respectful relationships counselling and at all times acted cooperatively with the FFA during the investigation."
It’s a shambles that this is the punishment for breaking curfew.
It's all in the Delivery!

User avatar
Grosso Mk II
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 606
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: Olyroos Behaving Badly in Cambodia

Post by Grosso Mk II »

Image

cheap anglos :lol: :oops:

eagleboy
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
Posts: 1856
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:34 pm
Has thanked: 4 times

Re: Olyroos Behaving Badly in Cambodia

Post by eagleboy »

McGree has been banned from international duty until April 1 next year while Wales, Atkinson and Wilson were hit with longer bans through to August 10, meaning that trio cannot be selected for the Tokyo Olympics.

I wonder why McGree has a shorter sentence. Just watched I suppose. :?:

Rookie
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1666
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:03 am
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Olyroos Behaving Badly in Cambodia

Post by Rookie »

So does the penalty fit what they did

User avatar
Bomber
Board Member
Board Member
Posts: 55934
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:40 am
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Olyroos Behaving Badly in Cambodia

Post by Bomber »

Rookie wrote:So does the penalty fit what they did
If George Best did similar back in the day, he'd be labelled a legend.

So it's a NO from me.
Ignore this signature

User avatar
Grosso Mk II
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 606
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: Olyroos Behaving Badly in Cambodia

Post by Grosso Mk II »

Rookie wrote:So does the penalty fit what they did
not according to the board

2 members resigned because of this

In the way
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 238
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 10:01 am

Re: Olyroos Behaving Badly in Cambodia

Post by In the way »

Hooked up with the wrong persons ?

User avatar
Michael
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1334
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:14 pm

Re: Olyroos Behaving Badly in Cambodia

Post by Michael »

Bomber wrote:
Rookie wrote:So does the penalty fit what they did
If George Best did similar back in the day, he'd be labelled a legend.

So it's a NO from me.

Ah the days before: PC, internet, instagram, tinder, facebook, snapchat etc etc...
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

Old Master
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 6960
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:03 pm

Re: Olyroos Behaving Badly in Cambodia

Post by Old Master »

Once again the FFA board has stuffed an 'incident' up and overreacted with their decision.

The punishment are far too harsh for the three who will probably miss the Olympics and possibly their future in the game.

It will also seriously affect the Ollyroos' chances of getting there too.

Stupid tools who don't understand the impact their decision will have, so much for a 'New Direction'.
The older I get the better I was.


FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

The Isolated One
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 14013
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm

Re: Olyroos Behaving Badly in Cambodia

Post by The Isolated One »

Old Master wrote:Once again the FFA board has stuffed an 'incident' up and overreacted with their decision.

The punishment are far too harsh for the three who will probably miss the Olympics and possibly their future in the game.

It will also seriously affect the Ollyroos' chances of getting there too.

Stupid tools who don't understand the impact their decision will have, so much for a 'New Direction'.
You don’t agree with the decision, which probably means the correct one was made.

eagleboy
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
Posts: 1856
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:34 pm
Has thanked: 4 times

Re: Olyroos Behaving Badly in Cambodia

Post by eagleboy »

Last one Standing wrote:
Old Master wrote:Once again the FFA board has stuffed an 'incident' up and overreacted with their decision.

The punishment are far too harsh for the three who will probably miss the Olympics and possibly their future in the game.

It will also seriously affect the Ollyroos' chances of getting there too.

Stupid tools who don't understand the impact their decision will have, so much for a 'New Direction'.
You don’t agree with the decision, which probably means the correct one was made.
Poor comment on OM's analysis. The Olyroos are key to football success in Australia. If the penalty given was warranted fair enough but too much secrecy.
Australia needs a strong Socceroos' to keep up interest in our local game and the Olympic side is a step forward. Talking your 4 top players out is not the way to go if its only about the game image.

MegaBonus
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 7221
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:43 pm

Re: Olyroos Behaving Badly in Cambodia

Post by MegaBonus »

punishment is Barossa Pearl....they broke curfew...that's it!

it smells like political correctness gone mad....just to appease female members of the FFA board...

User avatar
Michael
Squad Player
Squad Player
Posts: 1334
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:14 pm

Re: Olyroos Behaving Badly in Cambodia

Post by Michael »

MegaBonus wrote:punishment is Barossa Pearl....they broke curfew...that's it!

it smells like political correctness gone mad....just to appease female members of the FFA board...

BINGO!
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

Old Master
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 6960
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:03 pm

Re: Olyroos Behaving Badly in Cambodia

Post by Old Master »

eagleboy wrote:
Last one Standing wrote:
Old Master wrote:Once again the FFA board has stuffed an 'incident' up and overreacted with their decision.

The punishment are far too harsh for the three who will probably miss the Olympics and possibly their future in the game.

It will also seriously affect the Ollyroos' chances of getting there too.

Stupid tools who don't understand the impact their decision will have, so much for a 'New Direction'.
You don’t agree with the decision, which probably means the correct one was made.
Poor comment on OM's analysis. The Olyroos are key to football success in Australia. If the penalty given was warranted fair enough but too much secrecy.
Australia needs a strong Socceroos' to keep up interest in our local game and the Olympic side is a step forward. Talking your 4 top players out is not the way to go if its only about the game image.

The FFA need to understand that these are young players in the early stage of their Footballing careers and, like most males their age make mistakes, but there was no reason to wreck their future for something that should have been dealt with quickly and efficiently.
It should not have been dragged through the media and made out to be the 'Crime iof the Century'.

McGree's punishment should have been the maximum applied for such a mistake in judgement by young men letting off a bit of 'steam', ffs.
The older I get the better I was.


FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

terrell
Ball Boy
Ball Boy
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:02 pm

Re: Olyroos Behaving Badly in Cambodia

Post by terrell »

Hello guys, I love football, although I'm a girl. As for me, a cool game, I even sometimes play it with my friends. I also really like to play online in lightning link pokies

tanusaha
Ball Boy
Ball Boy
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:54 pm

Re: Olyroos Behaving Badly in Cambodia

Post by tanusaha »

I am deeply attracted by your post. It is really a nice and informative one. I will recommend it to my friends.

Post Reply