FootballNews

It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:42 pm

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:24 pm 
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Major club is getting too sure of itself now.
Pushing the envelope at $1400 junior fees reeks of arrogance.
It might be their unique way of avoiding the junior trials dramas of 2016 and 2017.
Or are they offering overs to entice coaches for next year and therefore need the money?
Memo to the unsuspecting parents: don't get sucked in by the hollow promises (again).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:41 pm 
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Migrant Land wrote:
It might be their unique way of avoiding the junior trials dramas of 2016 and 2017.
Or are they offering overs to entice coaches for next year and therefore need the money?
Memo to the unsuspecting parents: don't get sucked in by the hollow promises (again).

Are Comets fees that expensive these days? Heard they had been going up a 100 every year for a few years in a row so must be getting close to that kinda figure. Maybe similar for all inner city npl clubs i guess.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:44 pm 
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

upsidedown wrote:
Migrant Land wrote:

Are Comets fees that expensive these days? Heard they had been going up a 100 every year for a few years in a row so must be getting close to that kinda figure. Maybe similar for all inner city npl clubs i guess.

If there is salary cap why isn’t there a fee cap?

Take my posts seriously at your peril.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:09 pm 
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

upsidedown wrote:
Migrant Land wrote:

No - but at least they teach how to play properly, unlike a few 'major clubs' who are running it purely as a business.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:36 pm 
Star Player
Star Player

Anatural wrote:

That has to be the smartest thing you’ve ever said.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:39 pm 
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Paleon Patros Germanos wrote:
Anatural wrote:

I usually keep my good ideas away from here :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:40 pm 
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Anatural wrote:

For $1400, they should employ proper TDs and coaches.
Otherwise it's a blood sucking scam.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:42 pm 
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Migrant Land wrote:
Anatural wrote:

For $1400, they should employ proper TDs and coaches.
Otherwise it's a blood sucking scam.

If parents pay, is there a problem?

I think it’s wrong, but maybe those paying don’t.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:54 pm 
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Anatural wrote:

I'm with you comrade. Caps on electricity prices, water rates, maintenance costs etc etc.

A controlled economy where no child shall want for playing the beautiful game - such a grand plan.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:56 pm 
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

It's no problem at all if the parents pay....
Except, when they are promised a great development program, only to find, months later that they've been sold a lemon and are merely customers.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:57 pm 
Squad Player
Squad Player

Migrant Land wrote:
upsidedown wrote:
Migrant Land wrote:

No - but at least they teach how to play properly, unlike a few 'major clubs' who are running it purely as a business.

Whoever it is, I'm sure they're doing the right thing and blocking the senior pathway for these juniors anyway by signing all the other guys that came through half price juniors elsewhere.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:00 am 
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Yes yes yes !!!
That is precisely their MO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:55 am 
Technical Director
Technical Director

Anatural wrote:

And to think I've always joked that you are so left wing that you're a communist. Why should anyone (aside from the consumer) be able to limit the cost someone sells their product at?
Supply and demand will find its level. I'm good at my job, I probably charge more than the bloke down the road. Go to him if you want, come to me if you want a decent product.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:50 am 
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

If it's one of the central or eastern clubs then all of those clubs will follow suit and charge $1400 or thereabouts.

Its called a monopoly and collusion by unethical clubs to screw parents for us much as they can get. No parent is going to travel further to get cheap fees north/south/west and that is where the supply and demand theory fails.

You can call it communism trying to limit fees, but this is no different to Electricity prices. All parents are getting screwed.

Meanwhile these clubs deliver very little and pay their Seniors as much as possible to try to win Championships. Campbelltown Soccer Club is the current example paying Joe Mullen and his family imports substantial wages. Campbelltown have never won anything with their own Juniors coming thru to Seniors.
Comets doing the same.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:57 am 
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

fball12 wrote:
If it's one of the central or eastern clubs then all of those clubs will follow suit and charge $1400 or thereabouts.

Its called a monopoly and collusion by unethical clubs to screw parents for us much as they can get. No parent is going to travel further to get cheap fees north/south/west and that is where the supply and demand theory fails.

You can call it communism trying to limit fees, but this is no different to Electricity prices. All parents are getting screwed.

Meanwhile these clubs deliver very little and pay their Seniors as much as possible to try to win Championships. Campbelltown Soccer Club is the current example paying Joe Mullen and his family imports substantial wages. Campbelltown have never won anything with their own Juniors coming thru to Seniors.
Comets doing the same.

and this is exactly why kids leave clubs at 16-17yrs old after 10 years, they know they have no chance of playing senior football

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:08 am 
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Migrant Land wrote:
$6.50 per hour, great value babysitting for doing something the kids love.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:12 am 
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

God is an Englishman wrote:
Anatural wrote:

And to think I've always joked that you are so left wing that you're a communist. Why should anyone (aside from the consumer) be able to limit the cost someone sells their product at?
Supply and demand will find its level. I'm good at my job, I probably charge more than the bloke down the road. Go to him if you want, come to me if you want a decent product.

I don't agree with a salary cap, but if there is one, then why not have a fee cap?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:29 am 
Technical Director
Technical Director

fball12 wrote:

Comets doing the same.

Electricity is an essential commodity, football isn't.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:32 am 
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

magnet wrote:
Migrant Land wrote:

Simplistic calculation.

Parents time, effort and all the extra costs involved with football need to be taken into account.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:36 am 
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

fball12 wrote:

Comets doing the same.

I'd say the English (and others) would consider football essential, and is a important part of their culture.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:51 am 
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

magnet wrote:
Migrant Land wrote:

Not great value when the cost of providing the service is $0.75 per hour per child

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:06 pm 
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Migrant Land wrote:
magnet wrote:
Migrant Land wrote:

Not great value when the cost of providing the service is $0.75 per hour per child
do you question the overheads of all services you pay for? Just decide whether you can afford it and if you can't then find another club who charge less or change sports.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:08 pm 
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Crazy fees in my opinion but if others are willing to pay that much good luck to them. Price is all about what people are willing to pay. If enough people are willing to pay $1400 a year so be it. That club should be making a mint given it's almost double what I pay for my son.

Check out Ground Phase at...
http://www.reverbnation.com/groundphase
http://youtu.be/TkdT5gPXQkM

'66 '68 '69 '71 '73 '76 '78 '13 '15

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:01 pm 
Technical Director
Technical Director

fball12 wrote:
fball12 wrote:

Comets doing the same.

I'd say the English (and others) would consider football essential, and is a important part of their culture.

Club football and paying $1,400 is not essential. Play for the school, play for a cheaper club. No one is forced to pay $1,400 for football.

My son plays club and school. One we pay for, the other is free.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:17 pm 
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Club football and paying $1,400 is not essential. Play for the school, play for a cheaper club. No one is forced to pay $1,400 for football.

My son plays club and school. One we pay for, the other is free.[/quote]

There are no cheaper clubs in the Central or Eastern area.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:54 pm 
Technical Director
Technical Director

fball12 wrote:

Adelaide Uni?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:18 pm 
Squad Player
Squad Player

west adelaide is under $1,000

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:33 pm 
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Migrant Land wrote:

Who is this major club charging $1400 ? Comets, Adel City, Metro Stars, Campbelltown there are plenty of them. Why cant you name the club??

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:38 pm 
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

rossonero wrote:
west adelaide is under $1,000

Next season?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:39 pm 
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

fball12 wrote:

Adelaide Uni?

Below average club.