"GO YOU REDS"

It is currently Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:12 am

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Australia to bid for FIFA Womens World Cup 2023
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:15 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Posts: 16121
Good to see Federal Government stepping to help.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/t ... f03773e32b


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia to bid for FIFA Womens World Cup 2023
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:28 am 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:50 pm
Posts: 288
Location: Proof Range
Qatar should host it.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia to bid for FIFA Womens World Cup 2023
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:49 pm 
Offline
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 9:23 pm
Posts: 83
only $4m?

why did it cost $45 million in 2010?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia to bid for FIFA Womens World Cup 2023
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:45 am 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player

Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:40 am
Posts: 2553
Mápó Tòfu wrote:
Qatar should host it.


Or Iran.

_________________
It's all in the Delivery!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia to bid for FIFA Womens World Cup 2023
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:17 pm 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:25 pm
Posts: 264
Qatar should have enough stadia by then.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia to bid for FIFA Womens World Cup 2023
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:27 pm 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player

Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 1:02 pm
Posts: 2771
Halilović wrote:
only $4m?

why did it cost $45 million in 2010?

Women's world cup bid only costs 6-7 million

_________________
Follow me on Twitter @gee_kay10


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia to bid for FIFA Womens World Cup 2023
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:48 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Posts: 16121
Australia has officially bid for the 2023 Womens World Cup .

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/m ... 1540847857


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia to bid for FIFA Womens World Cup 2023
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:56 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Posts: 16121
Get onside on the with Australia's bid.

https://www.ausbid2023.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia to bid for FIFA Womens World Cup 2023
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:29 am 
Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice

Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:30 am
Posts: 238
gee_kay wrote:
Halilović wrote:
only $4m?

why did it cost $45 million in 2010?

Women's world cup bid only costs 6-7 million


so why are we paying only $4m when it costs $6-7m? seems like more money down the drain


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia to bid for FIFA Womens World Cup 2023
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:26 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42324
Will anyone bother to go to any games apart from their own nation?

Do people travel to watch their country for this, increasing the tourism figures?

Will new stadium need to be built?

I know, I'd would go to watch England if they were in Adelaide but doubt I'd bother travelling for it.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia to bid for FIFA Womens World Cup 2023
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:13 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Posts: 16121
Big win for Canada hosting 2015 FIFA Women's WC.

https://www.fifa.com/womensworldcup/new ... da-2730259


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia to bid for FIFA Womens World Cup 2023
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:29 am 
Offline
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:34 pm
Posts: 2219
I wonder if this will help with SA ground upgrades if we get this over the line?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia to bid for FIFA Womens World Cup 2023
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:47 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Posts: 16121
Mr Red wrote:
I wonder if this will help with SA ground upgrades if we get this over the line?


No choice if Australia wins the Women’s WC and Adelaide wants to host games then new stadium is required.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia to bid for FIFA Womens World Cup 2023
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:54 am 
Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice

Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:30 am
Posts: 238
Much like the Asian Cup, Adelaide isn't really required if such a thing happened.

Canada only used 6 venues.

Sydney will have two compliant venues by then. Melbourne and Brisbane 1 each. Gold Coast has one, Townsville will have one, Newcastle has one and Canberra is looking at building one.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia to bid for FIFA Womens World Cup 2023
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:08 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52171
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Why would any game here (in theory) need more than what Hindmarsh's capacity is anyway? Only Australia playing here might test the limits, but I imagine they wouldn't play anywhere other than in the eastern states.
If stadium in non-compliant for matches to be played here, as zzz says, they have enough options elsewhere, so Adelaide will miss out again.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia to bid for FIFA Womens World Cup 2023
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:10 am 
Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice

Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:30 am
Posts: 238
Optus Stadium in Perth with its front row raised terraces (unlike Adelaide Oval) can also accommodate a temporary rectangular configuration.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia to bid for FIFA Womens World Cup 2023
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:15 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Posts: 16121
Pretty simple zzz , Adelaide Oval is not FIFA compliant and neither is Hindmarsh.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia to bid for FIFA Womens World Cup 2023
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:17 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Posts: 16121
zzz wrote:
Much like the Asian Cup, Adelaide isn't really required if such a thing happened.

Canada only used 6 venues.

Sydney will have two compliant venues by then. Melbourne and Brisbane 1 each. Gold Coast has one, Townsville will have one, Newcastle has one and Canberra is looking at building one.


France 2019 has expanded the host cities to nine, no reason why Australia wouldn't do the same. France is only running one stadium per host city , so again no reason for this not to apply.


Last edited by ozzie owl on Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia to bid for FIFA Womens World Cup 2023
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:19 am 
Offline
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:34 pm
Posts: 2219
I'm hoping for an upgrade to Hindmarsh.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia to bid for FIFA Womens World Cup 2023
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:21 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Posts: 16121
Mr Red wrote:
I'm hoping for an upgrade to Hindmarsh.


Not going to happen government has shut the door on any future investment in Hindmarsh and Adelaide Entertainment Centre.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia to bid for FIFA Womens World Cup 2023
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:21 am 
Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice

Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:30 am
Posts: 238
ozzie owl wrote:
Pretty simple zzz , Adelaide Oval is not FIFA compliant and neither is Hindmarsh.


and Adelaide doesn't need the Women's World Cup that its willing to pay $500 million in taxpayer funds and the Women's World Cup doesn't need Adelaide if it happens to be staged in Australia


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia to bid for FIFA Womens World Cup 2023
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:22 am 
Offline
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:34 pm
Posts: 2219
ozzie owl wrote:
Mr Red wrote:
I'm hoping for an upgrade to Hindmarsh.


Not going to happen government has shut the door on any future investment in Hindmarsh and Adelaide Entertainment Centre.

:(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia to bid for FIFA Womens World Cup 2023
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:28 am 
Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice

Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:30 am
Posts: 238
Hindmarsh serves its purpose for a town like Adelaide.

There are smaller venues in La Liga.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia to bid for FIFA Womens World Cup 2023
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:31 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Posts: 16121
zzz wrote:
ozzie owl wrote:
Pretty simple zzz , Adelaide Oval is not FIFA compliant and neither is Hindmarsh.


and Adelaide doesn't need the Women's World Cup that its willing to pay $500 million in taxpayer funds and the Women's World Cup doesn't need Adelaide if it happens to be staged in Australia


$500m for what?

The government didn't have the money for its portion of the $535m Adelaide Oval either that went on the SA credit card debt. If utou bothered to read the proposed venue will be partly funded by sale of Hindmarsh site for housing and the Entertainment Centre.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia to bid for FIFA Womens World Cup 2023
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:38 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Posts: 16121
Mr Red wrote:
ozzie owl wrote:
Mr Red wrote:
I'm hoping for an upgrade to Hindmarsh.


Not going to happen government has shut the door on any future investment in Hindmarsh and Adelaide Entertainment Centre.

:(


They see more value in selling the site to developers than investing money in an upgrade.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia to bid for FIFA Womens World Cup 2023
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:56 am 
Offline
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:34 pm
Posts: 2219
ozzie owl wrote:
[
:(


They see more value in selling the site to developers than investing money in an upgrade.[/quote]
:) if they upgrade properly


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia to bid for FIFA Womens World Cup 2023
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:22 pm 
Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice

Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:30 am
Posts: 238
ozzie owl wrote:
zzz wrote:
ozzie owl wrote:
Pretty simple zzz , Adelaide Oval is not FIFA compliant and neither is Hindmarsh.


and Adelaide doesn't need the Women's World Cup that its willing to pay $500 million in taxpayer funds and the Women's World Cup doesn't need Adelaide if it happens to be staged in Australia


$500m for what?

The government didn't have the money for its portion of the $535m Adelaide Oval either that went on the SA credit card debt. If utou bothered to read the proposed venue will be partly funded by sale of Hindmarsh site for housing and the Entertainment Centre.


There is no proposed venue. Its an Advertiser fantasy piece.
The Liberal Party aren't going to put the state into more debt by funding a white elephant.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia to bid for FIFA Womens World Cup 2023
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:06 am 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:36 pm
Posts: 714
zzz wrote:
ozzie owl wrote:
zzz wrote:

$500m for what?

The government didn't have the money for its portion of the $535m Adelaide Oval either that went on the SA credit card debt. If utou bothered to read the proposed venue will be partly funded by sale of Hindmarsh site for housing and the Entertainment Centre.


There is no proposed venue. Its an Advertiser fantasy piece.
The Liberal Party aren't going to put the state into more debt by funding a white elephant.


:lol: :lol: You couldnt be more wrong if you tried


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia to bid for FIFA Womens World Cup 2023
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:23 am 
Offline
In memory of Con Gratzis
In memory of Con Gratzis

Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:17 pm
Posts: 1796
So they are going to fund a white elephant?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Australia to bid for FIFA Womens World Cup 2023
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:39 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Posts: 16121
N5 1BH wrote:
So they are going to fund a white elephant?


Who says it will be white elephant?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group