Brahma Lodge seeking coaching applications for 2018

Are you a player or coach looking for a new club? Are you a club looking for new players or coaches? This forum is for posting messages for those looking for players, coaches or clubs including details of any clubs upcoming trials.
We encourage the distribution of any information posted in this forum to schools etc.
Users can post announcements in this forum and can lock their own topics.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, Judge Judy, COLOSSUS, Forum Admins

BLSC71
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Brahma Lodge seeking coaching applications for 2018

Post by BLSC71 »

The Brahma Lodge Soccer Club is seeking applications for all senior coaching positions (A, B, C & 35’s Teams)
Qualified and experienced coach preferred. Please send expressions of interest to admin@brahmalodgesc.org
For further information contact Andrew Thomas - 0435 893 439

Please note expressions of interest close 30 October 2017.

Thanks

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: Brahma Lodge seeking coaching applications for 2018

Post by God is an Englishman »

I assume this is like one of those annoying government job ads that I have recruited for. The incumbent always gets it :D

Good luck to Ryan and Ben for 2018

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

God is an Englishman wrote:I assume this is like one of those annoying government job ads that I have recruited for. The incumbent always gets it :D

They always get it when up against you.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Nicky_Tanner wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:I assume this is like one of those annoying government job ads that I have recruited for. The incumbent always gets it :D

They always get it when up against you.
Most definitely, especially if you don't apply.

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

not what the rumour mill is saying
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

redfred wrote:not what the rumour mill is saying
Well as long as their coach wants to stay, surely BL wouldn't be getting rid of him.

Broonaldo\0/
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Broonaldo\0/ »

have heard Chad Bugeja coach/captain but like anything amateur league related it could be complete BS
HAIL HAIL

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Broonaldo\0/ wrote:have heard Chad Bugeja coach/captain but like anything amateur league related it could be complete BS
Untried, Untested, no experience. Why would you go for him over the incumbent? The bloke who got them to the top division, won the league, won the cup.

FoundIt
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by FoundIt »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Broonaldo\0/ wrote:have heard Chad Bugeja coach/captain but like anything amateur league related it could be complete BS
Untried, Untested, no experience. Why would you go for him over the incumbent? The bloke who got them to the top division, won the league, won the cup.
same as anywhere else. out of favour, players getting tired of same ol same ol, committee looking for a change, etc.
you are taking it at face value. it never is that simple.
Im closer than you think

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

FoundIt wrote:
same as anywhere else. out of favour, players getting tired of same ol same ol, committee looking for a change, etc.
you are taking it at face value. it never is that simple.
I 100% agree that I am taking it at face value and obviously know nothing about the "inner sanctum" at BL. I just find it bizarre that the incumbent isn't their 1 and only choice.

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

I don't think you can write off Chad's extensive playing experience.
It's all in the Delivery!

Broonaldo\0/
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Broonaldo\0/ »

perhaps the 'incumbent' has taken himself out of the equation, hence why its open to applicants in the first place... no one can deny the class and experience of Moggy, not only as a coach but as a bloke as well. would not be surprised to see him at fed level next year
HAIL HAIL

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

Chad took Adelaide Blue Eagles to an NPL Grand Final as player coach in 2013.

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

without doubt moggy should be keeping it. but
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jogonalex »

redfred wrote:without doubt moggy should be keeping it. but

The year BL won everything he had a very good squad, not taking anything away from him but the squad was put together for one reason.
In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.
-- Bill Shankly --

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Brian the Postman wrote:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

halfcutfan wrote:

The year BL won everything he had a very good squad, not taking anything away from him but the squad was put together for one reason.
Who put that team together? Many a coach has put together a team that just doesn't work, every liverpool manager for the last 20 years would be a good example :-)

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

Liverpool F.C. honours in the last 20 years - not to bad really. I wonder how Arsenal would stake up against this?

FA Cup
2001, 2006

League Cup
2001, 2003, 2012

FA Community/Charity Shield
2001, 2006

European Cup/UEFA Champions League

UEFA Cup

UEFA Super Cup
2001, 2005

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Mr Red wrote:Liverpool F.C. honours in the last 20 years - not to bad really. I wonder how Arsenal would stake up against this?

FA Cup
2001, 2006

League Cup
2001, 2003, 2012

FA Community/Charity Shield
2001, 2006

European Cup/UEFA Champions League

UEFA Cup

UEFA Super Cup
2001, 2005
OK, I'll give them 2005

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

Brian the Postman wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote: Untried, Untested, no experience. Why would you go for him over the incumbent? The bloke who got them to the top division, won the league, won the cup.
I had actually forgotten about Chad as a player coach at Blue Eagles, even without coaching experience it would be hard to look past his playing experience ie A-League, Probabaly a couple of hundred games at the top level in this state.
It's all in the Delivery!

FoundIt
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by FoundIt »

God is an Englishman wrote:I 100% agree that I am taking it at face value and obviously know nothing about the "inner sanctum" at BL. I just find it bizarre that the incumbent isn't their 1 and only choice.
yes i would have thought the same, maybe existing coach has found another opportunity.
i doubt club would be unhappy with him.
Im closer than you think

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jogonalex »

halfcutfan wrote:

Who put that team together? Many a coach has put together a team that just doesn't work, every liverpool manager for the last 20 years would be a good example :-)

The team was put together through recruiting by means of payment, the elephant in the room is that $$$ were paid to get all those players there for that year (happy to stand corrected). Moggy was the benefactor of that spending.
In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.
-- Bill Shankly --

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

halfcutfan wrote:The team was put together through recruiting by means of payment, the elephant in the room is that $$$ were paid to get all those players there for that year (happy to stand corrected). Moggy was the benefactor of that spending.
Still takes a decent coach to see which players you want, players that will fit the mould and work well as a team. It isn't Championship Manager, you can't just throw them all in and it just works.

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jogonalex »

halfcutfan wrote:The team was put together through recruiting by means of payment, the elephant in the room is that $$$ were paid to get all those players there for that year (happy to stand corrected). Moggy was the benefactor of that spending.
Still takes a decent coach to see which players you want, players that will fit the mould and work well as a team. It isn't Championship Manager, you can't just throw them all in and it just works.
Didn't say he wasn't a decent coach, just pointing out that the $$$ spent meant he had one of the best Div 1 sides going around of all time hence the results. Was he there prior to the Div 2 year where they cleaned up as well or was that the year he moved from Modbury?? asking because I'm not sure??
-- Bill Shankly --

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

halfcutfan wrote:
Didn't say he wasn't a decent coach, just pointing out that the $$$ spent meant he had one of the best Div 1 sides going around of all time hence the results. Was he there prior to the Div 2 year where they cleaned up as well or was that the year he moved from Modbury?? asking because I'm not sure??
I believe he was there for 2 years in div 2 and now 2 years in div 1.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Lucas Leiva wrote:Chad took Adelaide Blue Eagles to an NPL Grand Final as player coach in 2013.
How many games was he the coach for?

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jogonalex »

Lucas Leiva wrote:Chad took Adelaide Blue Eagles to an NPL Grand Final as player coach in 2013.
How many games was he the coach for?
about to be a few more now. Heard he has been named as coach.
-- Bill Shankly --

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Something odd going on at Brahma, appointing a bloke with only a few games coaching experience over the bloke who got the promotion, the league title, the cup....

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jogonalex »

God is an Englishman wrote:Something odd going on at Brahma, appointing a bloke with only a few games coaching experience over the bloke who got the promotion, the league title, the cup....
Perhaps just heading in a different direction... have been a couple of responses on their FB page.
-- Bill Shankly --

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

halfcutfan wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Something odd going on at Brahma, appointing a bloke with only a few games coaching experience over the bloke who got the promotion, the league title, the cup....
Perhaps just heading in a different direction... have been a couple of responses on their FB page.
Just seems weird to me, I thought the incumbent would have got it every single time in that situation.