FootballNews

It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:37 pm

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:17 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Posts: 14922
Three tough games in a week for Australia.

19/06/17 v Germany

22/06/17 v African Champions.

25/06/17 v Chile.

See Optus Sport has exclusive rights to all games and SBS to selected matches, hopefully that means the Aussie matches are on free to air.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:26 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 38554
Does anyone care about this tournament?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:39 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:24 am
Posts: 13415
Location: REDelaide
God is an Englishman wrote:
Does anyone care about this tournament?

The countries that are in it do. I'm very excited for this.
The Saudi Arabia game is posing as an important game in the lead up to the tournament.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:53 pm 
Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:43 am
Posts: 137
I don't care.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:06 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 11346
Location: Bodoland
Bit like the Fifa Club World Cup final innit?

_________________
Time for some righteous indignation


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:16 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 48454
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Lets see if teams put out their best/strongest teams (especially from Europe and Sth America). If they do, we can assume its serous enough.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:19 pm 
Online
Star Player
Star Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:18 pm
Posts: 2886
God is an Englishman wrote:
Does anyone care about this tournament?


the Russians will care about it
its a test event


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:49 am 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:34 pm
Posts: 949
I enjoyed the final it started a bit slow and one sided at the start but once RM scored the game improved - KA missed a couple of really good chances and the game may have been different if Ramos got a second yellow just before extra time.

Rinaldo gets a hat trick and he didn't even play that well.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:52 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 38554
Mr Red wrote:
I enjoyed the final it started a bit slow and one sided at the start but once RM scored the game improved - KA missed a couple of really good chances and the game may have been different if Ramos got a second yellow just before extra time.

Rinaldo gets a hat trick and he didn't even play that well.


Pay attention Mr Red :-)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:01 am 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:34 pm
Posts: 949
God is an Englishman wrote:
Mr Red wrote:
I enjoyed the final it started a bit slow and one sided at the start but once RM scored the game improved - KA missed a couple of really good chances and the game may have been different if Ramos got a second yellow just before extra time.

Rinaldo gets a hat trick and he didn't even play that well.


Pay attention Mr Red :-)



:( I just realised - silly me


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:50 am 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player

Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:29 pm
Posts: 1345
Location: Right Here.......
God is an Englishman wrote:
Does anyone care about this tournament?



Is that because Engerlund has never played in it?

_________________
We got Ova' Here?? #ACCUPAHATERS!

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:16 am 
Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:27 pm
Posts: 153
Location: Nord Norge
I look forward to the qatar edition.

_________________
FM radio is being phased out


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:12 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Posts: 14922
NZ lucky to be only 1-0 down to Russia approaching half time .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:18 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 48454
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Had a dream last night and Australia beat Germany 1-0. Then again, I often have crazy dreams.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:36 pm 
Offline
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:54 pm
Posts: 71
I went to bed after the Bodø/Glimt game and didn't watch any of this. Glimt won 1-3.

_________________
Also known as Yellow Boots


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:58 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 38554
Wayne Kerr wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Does anyone care about this tournament?



Is that because Engerlund has never played in it?


Why would that affect why anyone cares for it?

However, I doubt they would care about a friendly tournament even if they did play in it

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:24 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 48454
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Friendly tournament? There's a cup for the winner and hardly a walk in the park to get it. That said, if you asked me who won previous ones, I'd struggle.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:26 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 38554
Bomber wrote:
Friendly tournament? There's a cup for the winner and hardly a walk in the park to get it. That said, if you asked me who won previous ones, I'd struggle.


There's a cup (well a shield) for winning the Charity Shield. Doesn't mean it's not a friendly though.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:31 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 48454
Location: Between the lake and the beach
God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Friendly tournament? There's a cup for the winner and hardly a walk in the park to get it. That said, if you asked me who won previous ones, I'd struggle.


There's a cup (well a shield) for winning the Charity Shield. Doesn't mean it's not a friendly though.


One off game a bit different to a tournament. Never seen any team stroll through a charity shield game without apparent will to win.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:32 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 38554
Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Friendly tournament? There's a cup for the winner and hardly a walk in the park to get it. That said, if you asked me who won previous ones, I'd struggle.


There's a cup (well a shield) for winning the Charity Shield. Doesn't mean it's not a friendly though.


One off game a bit different to a tournament. Never seen any team stroll through a charity shield game without apparent will to win.


Should I jump up and down about England's Le Tournoi win in 97 then?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:39 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 48454
Location: Between the lake and the beach
If you want, why not. You won something, be happy.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:42 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 38554
Bomber wrote:
If you want, why not. You won something, be happy.


it was a friendly tournament and counted for nothing. It was just a warm up tournament to test facilities ahead of a world cup - sound familiar?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:48 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 48454
Location: Between the lake and the beach
God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
If you want, why not. You won something, be happy.


it was a friendly tournament and counted for nothing. It was just a warm up tournament to test facilities ahead of a world cup - sound familiar?


Chalk/cheese.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:50 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 38554
Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
If you want, why not. You won something, be happy.


it was a friendly tournament and counted for nothing. It was just a warm up tournament to test facilities ahead of a world cup - sound familiar?


Chalk/cheese.


Not at all. Both tournaments were friendlies used to test facilities at the next host nation.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:34 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 48454
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Friendlies don't usually have a trophy as a prize and big TV rights, global live telecasts etc etc.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:39 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 38554
Bomber wrote:
Friendlies don't usually have a trophy as a prize and big TV rights, global live telecasts etc etc.


Le Tournoi, Charity Shield, Emirates Cup....

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:55 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 48454
Location: Between the lake and the beach
God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Friendlies don't usually have a trophy as a prize and big TV rights, global live telecasts etc etc.


Le Tournoi, Charity Shield, Emirates Cup....


Still poles apart from a FIFA sanctioned Confeds Cup.
Have competing nations sent strongest squads?
Are there umpteen subs allowed as is usually agreed in friendlies?

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:07 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 38554
Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Friendlies don't usually have a trophy as a prize and big TV rights, global live telecasts etc etc.


Le Tournoi, Charity Shield, Emirates Cup....


Still poles apart from a FIFA sanctioned Confeds Cup.
Have competing nations sent strongest squads?
Are there umpteen subs allowed as is usually agreed in friendlies?


Le Tournoi was used for exactly the same purpose that this cup is used for. All but qualifying was the same.

Emirates and Charity Shield also FA (so therefore FIFA) sanctioned.

Charity Shield doesn't allow umpteen subs, I don't know about Emirates Cup.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:32 pm 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:45 pm
Posts: 359
Won't be enticing me out of bed that's for sure


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:19 pm 
Online
Star Player
Star Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:18 pm
Posts: 2886
Germania sent a 'C' team.
If your Socceroos cant beat them then they may as well give up.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group