CUP DRAW

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

manu16
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

CUP DRAW

Post by manu16 »

Semi Final Cup draw
Monday 31/8/15 at 6.30pm at League Headquarters, Grange.

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: CUP DRAW

Post by legga »

And played at a federation ground - Oakden Park....No grounds good enough in the Amateur League. Surely they could of given these games to a neutral club not involved to make a bucket load of cash, instead we give our cash to a club that does not need it...
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

legga wrote:And played at a federation ground - Oakden Park....No grounds good enough in the Amateur League. Surely they could of given these games to a neutral club not involved to make a bucket load of cash, instead we give our cash to a club that does not need it...
Picked a ground known to be poorly catered for on match days too
HA'WAY THE LADS

Justcallmegod
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Justcallmegod »

Can the semi's be played at Adelaide Shores or at Burton? What are their facilities and pitches like?

My White Devil
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by My White Devil »

More importantly do they have real grass?
John Webster was one of the best there was

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

Outlaw 2.0 wrote:
legga wrote:And played at a federation ground - Oakden Park....No grounds good enough in the Amateur League. Surely they could of given these games to a neutral club not involved to make a bucket load of cash, instead we give our cash to a club that does not need it...
Bring the esky's then, I will say it before everyone else does " like you do every week" :wink: :wink: :wink:

Kichise Michiko
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Kichise Michiko »

It doesn't matter where they do it, there will always be someone not happy with the decision.

legendaryhasbeen
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by legendaryhasbeen »

Any word on where the final would be played?

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

I've heard either at Raiders or Para Hills Knights ground

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chunky-monkey »

Outlaw 2.0 wrote:
Amen

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

Kichise Michiko wrote:It doesn't matter where they do it, there will always be someone not happy with the decision.
No what I am are saying is give it to an Amateur club or two with a good set up to let them generate some extra cash. We are not allowed to play feds in friendlies but we can hold our cup semi's there and fill their coffers, doesn't make sense. would a club like lets say Fulham , Brahma or Easties not want to hold this... :wink: :wink:

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

Absolutely agree Legga - why are they good enough to take Amateur money in this instance but not good enough to play?

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

Old Redback wrote:Absolutely agree Legga - why are they good enough to take Amateur money in this instance but not good enough to play?
Agree whole heartedly that it should be at an amateur club but it's not an FFSA endorsed ground it the individual clubs ground and I don't think they are fussed about playing amateur clubs so that's not the issue and besides the issue should be with SAASL, they booked the grounds.
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

Whites
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Whites »

Why not Marden... they have an Amateur Club, sure they could use the money...

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

legga wrote:
Kichise Michiko wrote:It doesn't matter where they do it, there will always be someone not happy with the decision.
No what I am are saying is give it to an Amateur club or two with a good set up to let them generate some extra cash. We are not allowed to play feds in friendlies but we can hold our cup semi's there and fill their coffers, doesn't make sense. would a club like lets say Fulham , Brahma or Easties not want to hold this... :wink: :wink:
Absolutely agree should be an amateur club venue like the Templin Cup was & seeing as Gardens are out :( why not have it there arguably the best surface in the amateur league & now new clubroom to match. :idea:
I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate....Thierry Henry

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

If the SAASL are going to host the semi final at Oakden. I hope there is a gold donation entry to fundraise to beyond blue.

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

Grange? saasl can add to their own pile :wink:
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

BB4LIFE
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by BB4LIFE »

The final will be at either para hills or raiders the league will know before the cup draw on Monday night.

Guiseppe
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Guiseppe »

Play it at Vista .. Grass is in mint condition

Kichise Michiko
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Kichise Michiko »

bloodypassit wrote:If the SAASL are going to host the semi final at Oakden. I hope there is a gold donation entry to fundraise to beyond blue.
Why is that relevant to Oakden?

Filbert Fox
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Filbert Fox »

Whites wrote:Why not Marden... they have an Amateur Club, sure they could use the money...
I was just thinking of suggesting our club when i read this, why not Marden?, we may be div 3 but we are still amateurs, great pitch, plenty of under cover seating and good grub, add to that plenty of parking,,,,,have I sold it yet?????.

Gabon
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Gabon »

lefty wrote:
legga wrote:
Absolutely agree should be an amateur club venue like the Templin Cup was & seeing as Gardens are out :( why not have it there arguably the best surface in the amateur league & now new clubroom to match. :idea:
Great idea in giving it to a fellow amateur club with facilities to match the occasion in Gardens and Blue Eagles. Hopefully a proposal is put to the SAASL by those clubs.

FRANKEL
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by FRANKEL »

Filbert Fox wrote:
Whites wrote:Why not Marden... they have an Amateur Club, sure they could use the money...
I was just thinking of suggesting our club when i read this, why not Marden?, we may be div 3 but we are still amateurs, great pitch, plenty of under cover seating and good grub, add to that plenty of parking,,,,,have I sold it yet?????.
Absolutely couldn't wish to play at a better place.
An I'm on my knees looking for the answers....

Are we human!!!!!!! Or are we scousers!!!!!!!

BPBC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BPBC »

Something smells rotten about this decision, why of all grounds was that one chosen, was it some handshake agreement on their decision to join the SAASL? Not that any other club is more entitled than another, but this one just seems strange

Whites
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Whites »

Make it happen Fox.... I'm sure most clubs would be happy to play there...

Big G
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Big G »

Clubs in the cup should have a vote.

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

Remind me again why no games will be at Hindmarsh?

AU are playing there tonight which means the "work" on the stadium is finished...and it was fully open for the LFC training and Villareal match...so...

Uncle Cracker
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Uncle Cracker »

Lucas Leiva wrote:Remind me again why no games will be at Hindmarsh?

AU are playing there tonight which means the "work" on the stadium is finished...and it was fully open for the LFC training and Villareal match...so...
Maybe the 20k plus hire fee for the stadium for the 2 Sundays might be deemed to expensive for the SAASL

legendaryhasbeen

Post by legendaryhasbeen »

It's a shame because Hindmarsh is like Wembley for players. It's all part of the magic of the cup. A reward for making it that far. Hoping it's just this year and the tradition isn't dead.

predator
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by predator »

legendaryhasbeen wrote:It's a shame because Hindmarsh is like Wembley for players. It's all part of the magic of the cup
Spoiled by playing to many games there instead of just the final