FootballNews

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:01 am

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:43 pm 
Offline
Coach
Coach
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 28302
So a team that finished 8th is relegated.

Personally, I think SAASL have made the wrong decision there.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:46 pm 
Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:00 pm
Posts: 186
Location: Quinlivan Rd Pooraka
NO SH*T!

We have someone from the club on the phone with them right now.

_________________
...

https://www.facebook.com/GleesonFC
Est. 2004

...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:48 pm 
Offline
Coach
Coach
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 28302
ChelseaGK wrote:
NO SH*T!

We have someone from the club on the phone with them right now.



Good luck with that, hope you get somewhere and you play us this year.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:07 pm 
Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:00 pm
Posts: 186
Location: Quinlivan Rd Pooraka
It's disconcerting knowing I personally talked to Keith or Kevin or whatever his name is, and he told me we "weren't relegated, and would be in div2 this year".

_________________
...

https://www.facebook.com/GleesonFC
Est. 2004

...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:18 pm 
Offline
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:46 am
Posts: 98
I heard rumours that Gleeson were moving to the Collegiate league. I guess that is not the case.
Interesting move by the league, most in Div 2 last season were thinking they just had to not be in 9th to avoid relegation.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:35 pm 
Offline
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:27 am
Posts: 57
The decision needed to be made at the start of last season, how many teams were to be relegated. It's a joke they have gone back on their word!!!
I don't know who finished 8th in Sunday div 2. Have they also been relegated??? I'd assume they have as well. They also had 9 teams from memory.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:59 pm 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player

Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 11:19 am
Posts: 1209
stickhead wrote:
The decision needed to be made at the start of last season, how many teams were to be relegated. It's a joke they have gone back on their word!!!
I don't know who finished 8th in Sunday div 2. Have they also been relegated??? I'd assume they have as well. They also had 9 teams from memory.


No Beograd finished 8th but are staying in Division 2


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:20 pm 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player

Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:11 pm
Posts: 3805
What's more of a joke is a team finishing 5th gets promoted instead off the third place team
bottle of shiraz joke!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:23 pm 
Offline
Coach
Coach
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 28302
This farce becomes a bigger farce. Let's hope common sense prevails.

That said, I've heard good things about GFC this season so hope they stay down. :wink:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:08 pm 
Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice

Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:13 am
Posts: 116
ChelseaGK wrote:
It's disconcerting knowing I personally talked to Keith or Kevin or whatever his name is, and he told me we "weren't relegated, and would be in div2 this year".


That's ordinary from the league.

Knight15 wrote:
stickhead wrote:
The decision needed to be made at the start of last season, how many teams were to be relegated. It's a joke they have gone back on their word!!!
I don't know who finished 8th in Sunday div 2. Have they also been relegated??? I'd assume they have as well. They also had 9 teams from memory.


No Beograd finished 8th but are staying in Division 2


That's very ordinary.

Double standards.

IMO it wouldn't be an issue if both were relegated because on past form the league has tended to promote 3 rather than 2 for 9-team leagues but to have such inconsistency is a disgrace.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:26 pm 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player

Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 11:19 am
Posts: 1209
For Sunday Division 2 last year, they told us only one would go down at the beginning of the season so we all knew, we did however get this in writing


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:19 pm 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player

Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:11 pm
Posts: 3805
Knight15 wrote:
For Sunday Division 2 last year, they told us only one would go down at the beginning of the season so we all knew, we did however get this in writing


It's always been one down when restricted to 9 teams
This would be a first ....
People will critise the saasl but who is willing to step and offer time it deserves


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:39 pm 
Offline
Coach
Coach
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:15 pm
Posts: 26478
Location: O'Sullivan Beach, South Australia
bloodypassit wrote:
Knight15 wrote:
For Sunday Division 2 last year, they told us only one would go down at the beginning of the season so we all knew, we did however get this in writing


It's always been one down when restricted to 9 teams
This would be a first ....
People will critise the saasl but who is willing to step and offer time it deserves

Has it ???

_________________
Image
Southern Knights SC - 2014 - Celebrating 20 Years of SAASL Football
Southern Knights Website : Southern Knights SC facebook
SAASL facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:44 pm 
Offline
Coach
Coach
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 28302
bloodypassit wrote:
Knight15 wrote:
For Sunday Division 2 last year, they told us only one would go down at the beginning of the season so we all knew, we did however get this in writing


It's always been one down when restricted to 9 teams
This would be a first ....
People will critise the saasl but who is willing to step and offer time it deserves


This is a common sense decision. They haven't even been consistent in the same season.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:46 pm 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player

Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:35 pm
Posts: 3812
Well the situation in Saturday and Sunday Division 2 are,quite different and therefore the league has not been inconsistent.

_________________
Agia Lavra 1821!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:19 pm 
Offline
Coach
Coach
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 28302
A team withdrew/withdrawn late on. Same situation.

Bosna were deemed to be bottom, the same should have happened with africa.

I personally think all div 2 clubs (from last season) should tell the league that it's wrong. After all, it could have been any of them. GFC need to pish this all the way.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:15 am 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:40 am
Posts: 768
God is an Englishman wrote:
bloodypassit wrote:
Knight15 wrote:
For Sunday Division 2 last year, they told us only one would go down at the beginning of the season so we all knew, we did however get this in writing


It's always been one down when restricted to 9 teams
This would be a first ....
People will critise the saasl but who is willing to step and offer time it deserves


This is a common sense decision. They haven't even been consistent in the same season.


What does it say in the rules?

_________________
It's all in the Delivery!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:38 am 
Offline
Coach
Coach
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 28302
Brian the Postman wrote:
What does it say in the rules?


I believe it says 2 down, but who are the 2? Africa and hahndorf or hahndorf and gleeson. It seems they've gone for one approach in sunday div 2 and a different one in saturday div 2.

In my mind the fairest approach is that the team in 9th and 10th goes down. As it was a 9 team league, gleeson stay up.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:45 am 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:18 pm
Posts: 440
Location: 'mon the Bra
God is an Englishman wrote:
Brian the Postman wrote:
What does it say in the rules?


I believe it says 2 down, but who are the 2? Africa and hahndorf or hahndorf and gleeson. It seems they've gone for one approach in sunday div 2 and a different one in saturday div 2.

In my mind the fairest approach is that the team in 9th and 10th goes down. As it was a 9 team league, gleeson stay up.


Different approach in Sunday Div 2 compared to Saturday Div 2 based on 2 completely different situations. 1 team was suspended for a year, 1 team pulled out of the SAASL completely

2 teams have been relegated from Sunday Div 2 (Bosna and Macoes) and both are in Sunday div 3 this year

2 teams have been relegated from Saturday div 2 (Hahndorf and Gleeson) and both are in Sat div 3 this year.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:54 am 
Offline
Coach
Coach
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 28302
BPBC wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Brian the Postman wrote:
What does it say in the rules?


I believe it says 2 down, but who are the 2? Africa and hahndorf or hahndorf and gleeson. It seems they've gone for one approach in sunday div 2 and a different one in saturday div 2.

In my mind the fairest approach is that the team in 9th and 10th goes down. As it was a 9 team league, gleeson stay up.


Different approach in Sunday Div 2 compared to Saturday Div 2 based on 2 completely different situations. 1 team was suspended for a year, 1 team pulled out of the SAASL completely

2 teams have been relegated from Sunday Div 2 (Bosna and Macoes) and both are in Sunday div 3 this year

2 teams have been relegated from Saturday div 2 (Hahndorf and Gleeson) and both are in Sat div 3 this year.



I disagree. Both teams were in the fixtures but didn't play a game! Should have been treated the same.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:06 am 
Offline
Coach
Coach
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:15 pm
Posts: 26478
Location: O'Sullivan Beach, South Australia
God is an Englishman wrote:
I disagree. Both teams were in the fixtures but didn't play a game! Should have been treated the same.

I would have thought that Bosna, to be suspended, would have had to pay their SAASL affiliation fees in 2012, otherwise they would have not been permitted to restart in Division 3 in 2013....whereas Africa Utd (?) may not have paid SAASL affiliation fees in 2012.....but I don't know the finer details !

_________________
Image
Southern Knights SC - 2014 - Celebrating 20 Years of SAASL Football
Southern Knights Website : Southern Knights SC facebook
SAASL facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:08 am 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player

Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:35 pm
Posts: 3812
Once club was suspended, the other folded.

The question is what would have happened if after their suspension Bosna then folded.

As I have previously said (possibly on another topic) the issue stems from the beginning of last year.

_________________
Agia Lavra 1821!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:11 am 
Offline
Coach
Coach
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:15 pm
Posts: 26478
Location: O'Sullivan Beach, South Australia
Paleon Patros Germanos wrote:
Once club was suspended, the other folded.

The question is what would have happened if after their suspension Bosna then folded.

As I have previously said (possibly on another topic) the issue stems from the beginning of last year.

If Bosna had folded half of Division 4 would have been promoted :lol:
As they would have folded in 2013 not last year.

_________________
Image
Southern Knights SC - 2014 - Celebrating 20 Years of SAASL Football
Southern Knights Website : Southern Knights SC facebook
SAASL facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:29 am 
Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice

Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:13 am
Posts: 116
Whether they are different circumstances or not it shouldn't matter.

The fact is both Africa & BOSNA pulled out for 1 reason or another so late in the pre-season they were unable to get replacements to make it a 10 team comp.

SAASL should have been on the ball from the start that Africa were struggling to get a team up. They left it late, then threw Gleeson into Div 2 to accommodate USC Lion bewilderingly dropped to Div 4 despite having 2 teams.

This was SAASL's mistake by not getting a 10th team into Div 2 from the start. Gleeson did the right thing by them by coming into to Div 2 to fill a gap, and to send them straight back down in these circumstances is very ordinary.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:09 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:30 am
Posts: 699
ChelseaGK wrote:
NO SH*T!

We have someone from the club on the phone with them right now.



Toughen up ... If I recall correctly you guys finished third in Div 3 2011 and only were promoted because USC pulled out ... Budapest finished 9th in Div 2 1 point less than 8th placed USC yet still were demoted with you guys being promoted .. seems unfair but thats the way it works ....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:19 pm 
Offline
Coach
Coach
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 28302
Sacred Noodle wrote:
ChelseaGK wrote:
NO SH*T!

We have someone from the club on the phone with them right now.



Toughen up ... If I recall correctly you guys finished third in Div 3 2011 and only were promoted because USC pulled out ... Budapest finished 9th in Div 2 1 point less than 8th placed USC yet still were demoted with you guys being promoted .. seems unfair but thats the way it works ....



did 8th place get relegated that year?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:38 pm 
Offline
Coach
Coach
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:15 pm
Posts: 26478
Location: O'Sullivan Beach, South Australia
God is an Englishman wrote:
Sacred Noodle wrote:
ChelseaGK wrote:
NO SH*T!

We have someone from the club on the phone with them right now.



Toughen up ... If I recall correctly you guys finished third in Div 3 2011 and only were promoted because USC pulled out ... Budapest finished 9th in Div 2 1 point less than 8th placed USC yet still were demoted with you guys being promoted .. seems unfair but thats the way it works ....



did 8th place get relegated that year?

No, 9th and 10th did....the SAASL suspended Bosna, Bosna did not pull out !! ... due to legal reasons the SAASL had to assume that Bosna would comply and have 2 teams in 2013 and the reprimand for them was to be relegated. If they relegated 2 further sides from the remaining 9 there would have been 11 sides in Division 3 this season under the general 2 up 2 down principle. What happened in the Saturday Divisions last season is quite different but should have been dealt with last season.

_________________
Image
Southern Knights SC - 2014 - Celebrating 20 Years of SAASL Football
Southern Knights Website : Southern Knights SC facebook
SAASL facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:59 pm 
Offline
Coach
Coach
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 28302
swannsong wrote:
No, 9th and 10th did....the SAASL suspended Bosna, Bosna did not pull out !! ... due to legal reasons the SAASL had to assume that Bosna would comply and have 2 teams in 2013 and the reprimand for them was to be relegated. If they relegated 2 further sides from the remaining 9 there would have been 11 sides in Division 3 this season under the general 2 up 2 down principle. What happened in the Saturday Divisions last season is quite different but should have been dealt with last season.



I don't see it as any different at all, the principle is the same.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:14 pm 
Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:00 pm
Posts: 186
Location: Quinlivan Rd Pooraka
And so when in the year before we came 3rd in Div3, we were asked if we wanted to fill the 3rd Div2 spot and agreed to take on the challenge. The 4th place team and 5th place team were also asked but declined. Our willingness to help out the league has bitten us in the muscat - and it could be the final time.

_________________
...

https://www.facebook.com/GleesonFC
Est. 2004

...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:25 pm 
Offline
Coach
Coach
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:15 pm
Posts: 26478
Location: O'Sullivan Beach, South Australia
ChelseaGK wrote:
And so when in the year before we came 3rd in Div3, we were asked if we wanted to fill the 3rd Div2 spot and agreed to take on the challenge. The 4th place team and 5th place team were also asked but declined. Our willingness to help out the league has bitten us in the muscat - and it could be the final time.


Sorry to play Devil's advocate...but !
Why has it bitten you on the muscat ? Because you didn't finish 3rd bottom ?
Gleeson had an opportunity to possibly win a 9 team Division 2 and be promoted to the Premier Division....unfortunately you didn't perform too well last season.
Was there a guarantee that you wouldn't be relegated ? Did you know 2 teams would be relegated when you were competing in 2012 ?
As far back as I can remember, the bottom team and second bottom team in a Division have been relegated and Division numbers have been adjusted by promoting teams from the lower Division ie 3rd., 4th. and sometimes 5th. With exceptions where a Division might require fieldind an A's & B's.

_________________
Image
Southern Knights SC - 2014 - Celebrating 20 Years of SAASL Football
Southern Knights Website : Southern Knights SC facebook
SAASL facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DJ BELLEND and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group