FootballNews

It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:22 pm

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Calcio Chaos
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:04 am 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:47 pm
Posts: 1359
violence in italian soccer..will they ever shake it

1945 - during a firendly between Juve & Torino a bad tackle to Mazzola sparked a brawl which led to gun shots being fired in the stands

1979 - a rocket (no less) was fired across the Stadio Olimpico hit a Lazio fan Vincenzo Paparelli in the eye penetrating his brain, he did on the way to hospital

1984 - reports of liverpool fans being stabbed and attacked after Romas loss to the Merseysiders

1989 - Roma fan Antonio De Falchi was murdered outside the San Siro. Bologna fan Ivan Dall'Olio was left with facial burns after fiorentina fans threw a molotov cocktail through the window of the train he was traveling on.

1995 - Genoa fan Vincenzo Claudio Spagnolo was stabbed to death afer fighting with Milan fans.

1999 - Salernitana fans onboard a train returning home from a defeat which saw them relagated to seria b fought with onboard police, smashing the train and setting it on fire.

2001 - Messina fan Antonio Curro` died when he was hit on the head by a makeshift bomb thrown by Catania fans

2002 - A stolen scooter was smuggled into the san siro (how the fuc.k did that get in) and was thrown off the top stand...no one was hurt.

2005 - a flare thrown in the ECL match between rivals inter and milan hitting Milan keeper Dida on the shoulder.

2007 - A livorno fan was stabbed at Fiorentina and a seria d match suspended after a linesmen was hit with a drum.

....and theres more

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:17 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:45 pm
Posts: 11079
Plenty of stuff pre WWII as well.

It is not a proud history, but hopefully the death of policeman Racciti, as horrible as that was, finally opens the authoities eyes to the dangers in football.

But also, it must be remembered, these are some scumbags and not all fans must be dragged down with these idiots.

For an excellent acocunt of violence in Italian football and just about everything else, read 'Calcio: A History Of Italian Football' by John Foot, a football historian. It can be bought at Dymocks, it is a brilliant read.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:26 am 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:10 pm
Posts: 690
Location: MILANO
many an italian fan would die for his club being an ultra. they are proud of this. the sensible ones are not.

_________________
ACM1899 4 LIFE


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:39 am 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:47 pm
Posts: 1359
its great to see all the banners n streamers and stuff but wot i dun get is why they just cant stick to supporting? i dun understand how they make the conection of the harder the supporters r the better the team is

_________________
Image


Last edited by INTERISTA on Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:42 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:45 pm
Posts: 11079
Banners now have to be approved by the clubs before each match. The ultra groups must provide their club with a statment which indicates the dimensions, words and pictures all on the banner one week before the match.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:54 am 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:47 pm
Posts: 1359
lol restrictions on banners?? how the hell is that gonna stop voilence...how but having enough security and metal detectors ie. can u imagine someone taking in a stolen scooter to AAMI or Hindmarsh?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:33 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2002 6:43 am
Posts: 12144
Location: Playing Tavli in Rhodes
hahaha how on earth do you get a scooter into a stadium!!
then infront of thousands of people, launch it off a tier of the grandstand!!

:lol: :lol:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:23 am 
ITS JUST THE ITALIAN PASSION!!!!!!

It's something that will never leave the game, it's just part of many different leagues. no force can stop it :cry:


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:24 am 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:47 pm
Posts: 1359
RossKunt wrote:
ITS JUST THE ITALIAN PASSION!!!!!!

It's something that will never leave the game, it's just part of many different leagues. no force can stop it :cry:


passions one thing stupiditys' another

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:29 am 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:47 pm
Posts: 1030
They should ban the Utras groups all together.

Simple as that!!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:31 am 
Offline
Club Captain
Club Captain
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 6:08 pm
Posts: 7253
Location: Appignano Del Tronto
Napoli wrote:
They should ban the Utras groups all together.

Simple as that!!


STFU

love the ultras...

think about all the incidents that have been reported! Im not condoning what goes on, but ntohing is better than hearing and seeing the ultras go off in a big eyetalian league match IMO.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:33 am 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:47 pm
Posts: 1030
LFTWNG11 wrote:
Napoli wrote:
They should ban the Utras groups all together.

Simple as that!!


STFU

love the ultras...

think about all the incidents that have been reported! Im not condoning what goes on, but ntohing is better than hearing and seeing the ultras go off in a big eyetalian league match IMO.


Yes they add to the atmosphere - but these guys are thugs!! I'ts ok for us watching on TV, but what about all those other regular supporters? They risk their lives going to a game!!!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:35 am 
EASY boys, where would we be without ultras, although they have stuffed up in the past and that, to see them in action or be there to witness would be incredible :D


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:37 am 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:47 pm
Posts: 1030
RossKunt wrote:
EASY boys, where would we be without ultras, although they have stuffed up in the past and that, to see them in action or be there to witness would be incredible :D


just stay well away from them and you'll be ok - maybe (if they dont have a rocket that is)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:40 am 
Napoli wrote:
RossKunt wrote:
EASY boys, where would we be without ultras, although they have stuffed up in the past and that, to see them in action or be there to witness would be incredible :D


just stay well away from them and you'll be ok - maybe (if they dont have a rocket that is)


lol :lol: :lol: friken crazy cunnts :roll:


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:46 am 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:01 am
Posts: 298
Location: Uzbekistan
i know someone who smuggled in a coffin back in the NSL days at hindmarsh stadium!!!!

what an idiot but what an atmosphere....the days my friend the days.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:48 am 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:47 pm
Posts: 1030
sepultura wrote:
i know someone who smuggled in a coffin back in the NSL days at hindmarsh stadium!!!!

what an idiot but what an atmosphere....the days my friend the days.


Yes, those were the days - but very little violence.

I think i remember that coffin :lol:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:59 am 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:47 pm
Posts: 1359
Napoli wrote:
sepultura wrote:
i know someone who smuggled in a coffin back in the NSL days at hindmarsh stadium!!!!

what an idiot but what an atmosphere....the days my friend the days.


Yes, those were the days - but very little violence.

I think i remember that coffin :lol:


lol see harmless stuff like that is gd but bringing rockets and guns into a stadium... :shock:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:02 am 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:01 am
Posts: 298
Location: Uzbekistan
that coffin was the mastermind of a genius.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:06 am 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:01 am
Posts: 298
Location: Uzbekistan
the same guy was responsible for "THE CRANKER"

a old red fire engine wind up siren used in the olde days.
that was annoying but effective when it came to noise.
that was very very loud!!!!!

it also stopped a courier vs chang match in the 2nd set at memorial drive.

it weight a tonne but was still able to be smuggled into hindmarsh and interstate NSL games.

the man was a visionary.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:13 am 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:47 pm
Posts: 1030
I once was contemplating smuggling in one of those musical car horns at a city match. 5 horns attached to a belt. But i thought the battery would weighed me down too much so didnt do it. La Cuca Rucha (spelling??) would have been good I recon...

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Calcio Chaos
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:23 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:22 pm
Posts: 684
INTERISTA wrote:
violence in italian soccer..will they ever shake it

1945 - during a firendly between Juve & Torino a bad tackle to Mazzola sparked a brawl which led to gun shots being fired in the stands

1979 - a rocket (no less) was fired across the Stadio Olimpico hit a Lazio fan Vincenzo Paparelli in the eye penetrating his brain, he did on the way to hospital

1984 - reports of liverpool fans being stabbed and attacked after Romas loss to the Merseysiders

1989 - Roma fan Antonio De Falchi was murdered outside the San Siro. Bologna fan Ivan Dall'Olio was left with facial burns after fiorentina fans threw a molotov cocktail through the window of the train he was traveling on.

1995 - Genoa fan Vincenzo Claudio Spagnolo was stabbed to death afer fighting with Milan fans.

1999 - Salernitana fans onboard a train returning home from a defeat which saw them relagated to seria b fought with onboard police, smashing the train and setting it on fire.

2001 - Messina fan Antonio Curro` died when he was hit on the head by a makeshift bomb thrown by Catania fans

2002 - A stolen scooter was smuggled into the san siro (how the fuc.k did that get in) and was thrown off the top stand...no one was hurt.

2005 - a flare thrown in the ECL match between rivals inter and milan hitting Milan keeper Dida on the shoulder.

2007 - A livorno fan was stabbed at Fiorentina and a seria d match suspended after a linesmen was hit with a drum.

....and theres more


An inter fan failing to add that inters supporters beat to death an Ascoli supporter :roll: in the late 80's. And still to this day brag about the killing.
Onore Ze Filippini

_________________
Appignano Del Tronto http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i175/ ... 3181-1.jpg

http://www.paradisepossible.com/Appigna ... urLang=_en


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Calcio Chaos
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:00 pm 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:47 pm
Posts: 1359
aussie_ascoli wrote:
INTERISTA wrote:
violence in italian soccer..will they ever shake it

1945 - during a firendly between Juve & Torino a bad tackle to Mazzola sparked a brawl which led to gun shots being fired in the stands

1979 - a rocket (no less) was fired across the Stadio Olimpico hit a Lazio fan Vincenzo Paparelli in the eye penetrating his brain, he did on the way to hospital

1984 - reports of liverpool fans being stabbed and attacked after Romas loss to the Merseysiders

1989 - Roma fan Antonio De Falchi was murdered outside the San Siro. Bologna fan Ivan Dall'Olio was left with facial burns after fiorentina fans threw a molotov cocktail through the window of the train he was traveling on.

1995 - Genoa fan Vincenzo Claudio Spagnolo was stabbed to death afer fighting with Milan fans.

1999 - Salernitana fans onboard a train returning home from a defeat which saw them relagated to seria b fought with onboard police, smashing the train and setting it on fire.

2001 - Messina fan Antonio Curro` died when he was hit on the head by a makeshift bomb thrown by Catania fans

2002 - A stolen scooter was smuggled into the san siro (how the fuc.k did that get in) and was thrown off the top stand...no one was hurt.

2005 - a flare thrown in the ECL match between rivals inter and milan hitting Milan keeper Dida on the shoulder.

2007 - A livorno fan was stabbed at Fiorentina and a seria d match suspended after a linesmen was hit with a drum.

....and theres more


An inter fan failing to add that inters supporters beat to death an Ascoli supporter :roll: in the late 80's. And still to this day brag about the killing.
Onore Ze Filippini


is said there is more..plenty more

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:59 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:48 pm
Posts: 806
Napoli wrote:
They should ban the Utras groups all together.

Simple as that!!



Without the ultras Italian football would not be the same..

Ive attended various serie a matches (and so has MY MUM) , I didnt feel in any danger at all.

I find your comment ignorant, especially coming from a Napoli supporter, whos fans/ultras are valued so highly.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:56 pm 
Offline
Star Player
Star Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:53 am
Posts: 2819
King Henry Returns wrote:
Napoli wrote:
They should ban the Utras groups all together.

Simple as that!!


Without the ultras Italian football would not be the same..

Ive attended various serie a matches (and so has MY MUM) , I didnt feel in any danger at all.

I find your comment ignorant, especially coming from a Napoli supporter, whos fans/ultras are valued so highly.


Agree KHR. Here's an article from an Inter's Ultras perspective. As always the media like to hype things up, not saying they are all innocent but how can you judge a whole fan based on the actions of a few.

Quote:
What happened at 12-04-05? This date triggered a great attack on Inter and its fans, starting from throwing insults to Inter and ending up with the blame on us Ultras. But let’s see the facts. Some guy launches a flare onto the field which was designed as a part of the Inter choreography and a possible goal celebration. Milan’s goalkeeper gets hit by this flare in the shoulder, as a result the game gets suspended!!! I First question that comes to our minds is: Why did Dida not move? He saw flares flying towards him, but as a typical BBilan player he did not realize to move.
What was surprising was the amount of criticism that came from our own club directors and some fans. This criticism was towards us Ultras (people who subscribe to Sky and people who buy season tickets every year, people who sacrifice their joy of everyday life for Inter without even asking for anything. But maybe Moratti prefers his rich partners in the VIP section more than us Ultras.
Anyway, what is the punishment? To play 4 games behind closed doors. I don’t really want to say anything about the punishment, but its strange that other teams were treated differently. .Actual violence never occured during the game. Ok there was a flare which slightly hurt Dida, but a tackle could hurt much more than a flare. At the same time Juventus and Liverpool fans had fights in bars where several fans were seriously hurt. This is real violence.
Some newspapers referred to the incident as the shame of the San-Siro. Where was the shame there? Shame could be put on the single fan who got Dida with a flare but not at the whole Curva Nord. Shame was a fight between Juventus and Liverpool fans, but nobody really paid attention to that. Another very interesting thing was the accusation which came from BBilan fans. They accuse Inter ultras in barbarism and violence. We just reminded them the derby of 96-97 when BBilan fans threw flares on the field and stopped the game. Other issue that comes to my mind is that if this derby was in Serie A, there would not be even half as much attention to this incident. Also lets remember the Milan-Roma game from last season. Did Roma get a ban which equals to around 8 million euros (like it will affect us)?
But if somebody is a real shame then it is Moratti. Selling Canavarro for Carini. Letting Seedorf go and getting Helveg and Coco. Spending millions on players like Vampeta, who can not even walk straight. Letting Adriano go and buying him for millions. Selling Simeone, one of the few players who fought for colours of Inter shirt. This is real shame and not the Curva Nord.
To all fans of Inter from different countries there was a banner which suggested Curva Nords opinion about them. Or you are with Curva Nord and Inter or you can support BBilan. Because some people don’t appreciate how much we give to Inter and it is very frustrating that some fans from as far as Mongolia call Inter Ultras shame. We give our life to Inter. We choose a way of Interista, a way of honest and strong person. We despise Milan and Juventus for their arrogance and cheating abilities. In the end we are with Inter no matter what.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:26 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:22 pm
Posts: 684
King Henry Returns wrote:
Napoli wrote:
They should ban the Utras groups all together.

Simple as that!!



Without the ultras Italian football would not be the same..

Ive attended various serie a matches (and so has MY MUM) , I didnt feel in any danger at all.

I find your comment ignorant, especially coming from a Napoli supporter, whos fans/ultras are valued so highly.


When i went to see Ascoli all i saw went passionate supporters. I actually felt safer knowing i was with people who all loved Ascoli equally. Not to mention you need to produce ID to buy a ticket, produce that same id to get into the game, then get patted down before you enter the stadium.

I actually feel less safe at Hindmarsh, where alcohol is served inside the stadium (alcohol is banned inside italian stadiums) making it a very uneasy atmosphere. Simply because of drunken behaviour.

_________________
Appignano Del Tronto http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i175/ ... 3181-1.jpg

http://www.paradisepossible.com/Appigna ... urLang=_en


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:05 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 11:25 am
Posts: 12847
Location: Pescara, Abruzzo
aussie_ascoli wrote:
King Henry Returns wrote:
Napoli wrote:
They should ban the Utras groups all together.

Simple as that!!



Without the ultras Italian football would not be the same..

Ive attended various serie a matches (and so has MY MUM) , I didnt feel in any danger at all.

I find your comment ignorant, especially coming from a Napoli supporter, whos fans/ultras are valued so highly.


When i went to see Ascoli all i saw went passionate supporters. I actually felt safer knowing i was with people who all loved Ascoli equally. Not to mention you need to produce ID to buy a ticket, produce that same id to get into the game, then get patted down before you enter the stadium.

I actually feel less safe at Hindmarsh, where alcohol is served inside the stadium (alcohol is banned inside italian stadiums) making it a very uneasy atmosphere. Simply because of drunken behaviour.


aussie i could've sworn u have posted that same paragraph before

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:08 pm 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:47 pm
Posts: 1359
but would u feel safe watching Ascoli away?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:22 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:22 pm
Posts: 684
Rigoni 10 wrote:
aussie_ascoli wrote:
King Henry Returns wrote:
Napoli wrote:
They should ban the Utras groups all together.

Simple as that!!



Without the ultras Italian football would not be the same..

Ive attended various serie a matches (and so has MY MUM) , I didnt feel in any danger at all.

I find your comment ignorant, especially coming from a Napoli supporter, whos fans/ultras are valued so highly.


When i went to see Ascoli all i saw went passionate supporters. I actually felt safer knowing i was with people who all loved Ascoli equally. Not to mention you need to produce ID to buy a ticket, produce that same id to get into the game, then get patted down before you enter the stadium.

I actually feel less safe at Hindmarsh, where alcohol is served inside the stadium (alcohol is banned inside italian stadiums) making it a very uneasy atmosphere. Simply because of drunken behaviour.


aussie i could've sworn u have posted that same paragraph before


nope but very very similar

_________________
Appignano Del Tronto http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i175/ ... 3181-1.jpg

http://www.paradisepossible.com/Appigna ... urLang=_en


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:25 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:22 pm
Posts: 684
INTERISTA wrote:
but would u feel safe watching Ascoli away?


I think with any club in the world you would feel intimidated when travelling. It would be just as safe as going to Melbourne with a small group, the bigger the group you have the less intimidated you would feel.

_________________
Appignano Del Tronto http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i175/ ... 3181-1.jpg

http://www.paradisepossible.com/Appigna ... urLang=_en


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group