Sunday div 2 Final Thoughts

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

clarkie
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Sunday div 2 Final Thoughts

Post by clarkie »

What is everyones final thoughts of a ripper of a year in Div 2

JP
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by JP »

It was a very good year from all the clubs. The comp was very tight and exciting. I mean we had to wait until the final day of the season to determine who were gonna be champions and get promoted and also who were gonna get relegated. At the end of the day the teams that will go up and down have deserved to be there. On a personal note I think we could have done a little better if it wasnt for our poor start to the year. However Farm and Easts have been the best teams all year and their positions reflect that. The comp was pretty even though and it showed that when the lower positioned teams were knocking off the top teams but more importantly that any team could win on their day.

Congratulations to all the teams for a fantastic season and goodluck for next season and beyond.

clarkie
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by clarkie »

I thought that this year was extremely close and competitive. Every weekend prooved unpredictable as all teams were strong on their day. At the end of the day East and Farm were the best teams that i came across and deserve to get promoted. Speaking as a Pumas player, i thought we had a very unlucky season due to a lack of numbers at the club, i am just glad to still be in Div 2 and looking forward to a cracker year next season

Translator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Translator »

Thought Limnos were lucky to stay up, worse goal difference in the league should equal relegation.....you can never underestimate points jagged early in the season.

viduka
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by viduka »

Ambrosiana wrote:Thought Limnos were lucky to stay up, worse goal difference in the league should equal relegation.....you can never underestimate points jagged early in the season.
Barossa Pearl! Clubs dont get relegated due to goal difference. They get relegated due to not having enough points. They finished above 3 other teams so they easily deserved to stay up.

the REAL one
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by the REAL one »

really bad commitment levels at limnos was one of the factors... as well as the coach having no idea :P but more so a fit gk proved the real difference...

altho when u get 6 players turn up 2 train and then have 18 rock up 2 play cards later... u no where the priorities are!!! :lol:
"Thats not sexy football!" and "Play the REAL one... again and again"

Translator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Translator »

viduka wrote:[
They get relegated due to not having enough points. They finished above 3 other teams so they easily deserved to stay up.
Yeah right two points above the drop = easily.

I think the Limnos players having no idea has cost you more than a lack of commitment

viduka
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by viduka »

Yeah we were heaps lucky. Only 3 clubs beat us in both games and we beat Easts and Fulham who finished 2nd & 3rd respectively.

Lion Tamer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Lion Tamer »

Extremely disaspointed in M.U.Lions going to the 3rd division. To beat Farm, Easties, Limnos twice and Knights throughout the year proves we werent a bad side. Lead most other clubs at some stage of the year but with injuries and late game fade outs we had to be the unluckiest side in Div 2. Too many uncommitted players in the side. Missing the last 7 weeks of the year through injury killed me. Was like watching a car crash in slow motion. Most likely going to graze in a C grade paddock somewhere and try to score some goals. Seen enough go past me to know how its done. Good luck to all in the next season. :?

LION
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by LION »

Lion catcher wrote:Extremely disaspointed in M.U.Lions going to the 3rd division. To beat Farm, Easties, Limnos twice and Knights throughout the year proves we werent a bad side. Lead most other clubs at some stage of the year but with injuries and late game fade outs we had to be the unluckiest side in Div 2. Too many uncommitted players in the side. Missing the last 7 weeks of the year through injury killed me. Was like watching a car crash in slow motion. Most likely going to graze in a C grade paddock somewhere and try to score some goals. Seen enough go past me to know how its done. Good luck to all in the next season. :?
NO CHANCE OF THAT LION CATCHER! YOUR STAYING WHERE YOU ARE! :D

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

Lion catcher wrote:Extremely disaspointed in M.U.Lions going to the 3rd division. To beat Farm, Easties, Limnos twice and Knights throughout the year proves we werent a bad side. Lead most other clubs at some stage of the year but with injuries and late game fade outs we had to be the unluckiest side in Div 2. Too many uncommitted players in the side. Missing the last 7 weeks of the year through injury killed me. Was like watching a car crash in slow motion. Most likely going to graze in a C grade paddock somewhere and try to score some goals. Seen enough go past me to know how its done. Good luck to all in the next season. :?
You were unlucklier than you think, if Pumas hadn't got that point against us in the second last game they would have gone down and they only equalised with the last kick off the game after we failed to put them away. Unlucky lads but keep it together and you should bounce back

Uncle Cracker
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Uncle Cracker »

LION wrote:
Lion, i heard the lion catcher has already found a place to graze next year,
its just of Dimet road :D

Exy 06
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Exy 06 »

[quote="LION"][quote="Lion catcher"]Extremely disaspointed in M.U.Lions going to the 3rd division. To beat Farm, Easties, Limnos twice and Knights throughout the year proves we werent a bad side. Lead most other clubs at some stage of the year but with injuries and late game fade outs we had to be the unluckiest side in Div 2. Too many uncommitted players in the side. Missing the last 7 weeks of the year through injury killed me. Was like watching a car crash in slow motion. [b]Most likely going to graze in a C grade paddock somewhere and try to score some goals[/b]. Seen enough go past me to know how its done. Good luck to all in the next season. :?[/quote]

NO CHANCE OF THAT LION CATCHER! YOUR STAYING WHERE YOU ARE! :D[/quote]

Hey Lion Catch, No team beat the Farm twice this year.

Lion Tamer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Lion Tamer »

Hey Lion Catch, No team beat the Farm twice this year.[/quote]

Congratulations ?? Medal is on its way. :?:

club man
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by club man »

uncle cracker wrote:
LION wrote:
Lion, i heard the lion catcher has already found a place to graze next year,
its just of Dimet road :D

HIGH TRANSFER FEE, NOT EVEN FLORINA CAN AFFORD

Uncle Cracker
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Uncle Cracker »

Maco pres, how did i know you were going to respone about
my post regarding the lion catcher, surprised it took you this
long :D

Anyway i was talking about Inter :wink:

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

i have a thing about eating someone elses sandwhiches.not sure why.
onoir diomasack