NEW COACHING ACCREDITATION

This forum is for the discussion of general coaching topics. Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

FootballNews is not responsible for any of the comments posted in this forum and this forum is moderated.

Moderator: Forum Admins

CLUB
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

NEW COACHING ACCREDITATION

Post by CLUB »

There is a new coaching accreditation for 2007?
dose any one no much about it?

one nil
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: NEW COACHING ACCREDITATION

Post by one nil »

CLUB wrote:There is a new coaching accreditation for 2007?
dose any one no much about it?
Seems to be quite complicated to me :oops: ........ maybe im just dumb!

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

visit the FFA or the FFSA website. theyve only just announced the new structure and pathways.

aquaman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by aquaman »

Changes are massive, particularly in the Advanced accreditation section for people who would like to pursue a career in coaching

Currently-accredited FFA coaches will be converted as follows:

FFA NATIONAL LICENCE = A CERTIFICATE
FFA STATE LICENCE = B CERTIFICATE
FFA SENIOR LICENCE = C CERTIFICATE

The costs of the equvalent courses have increased

COURSE LENGTH APPROX. COST TENTATIVE DATES
Asia A certificate 4 weeks $5200 26/5/07 – 9/6/07 (Part A*)
Asia B certificate 3 weeks $3900 21/4/07 – 12/5/07
Asia C certificate 2 weeks $2900 3/3/07 – 18/3/07

Current Costs (roughly)

National License (no info available)
State License $485 course only QLD- $800 live in WA
Senior License $255-$350 depending on the state

IMPORTANT:

Coaches gaining the FFA Senior or State Licence after this date will NOT be converted to a C or B Certificate, and must make entry to the ADVANCED pathway at C Certificate level.

Only currently-accredited Senior, State and National Licence holders will be automatically converted to the new ADVANCED accreditation. If your accreditation has lapsed, you will not gain the conversion.

Please check your FFA database details via http://www.footballaustralia.com.au
If you require assistance, please contact your State or Territory Association.

NB: all this info has been taken from the FFA web site

BillShankly
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BillShankly »

So if you got a level 1 or 2 looks like the next step is 'c' cert....and none of them are cheap.

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

i reckon its crap that they are all so expensive and one is only in QLD!

aquaman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by aquaman »

the only in Qld example is the fact that it is a course only and is one of the old accreditations

the way I read it (and i'm not certain) :? is that all courses will be in NSW somewhere and the prices include the course and living costs, otherwise the cost is way too high!!

Go on to the FFA Coaching website (linked through the FFSA) and have a look a the details in full, not just the snippet I put on

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

no probs aquaman

the FAKE one
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the FAKE one »

What licence do u need to get to coach an A league team?
"Thats not sexy football!" and "Play the FAKE one... again and again"

aquaman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by aquaman »

In the old days it was a national license... taking that into account you would think coaches would need at least an Asia A.

However.....in the Premiership you need a minimum of a UEFA Pro to coach (remember the problems Glen Roeder had taking on the Geordie job) so maybe this will be implemented for the A League as well (Asia Pro)

Kossie will have to wait and see
If in doubt...put it out

Fred Goldstone
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Fred Goldstone »

It is important to keep raising the standards but it has also got to be affordable.

Perhaps the clubs should pick up the tab for their coaches?

Longer contracts for Junior coaches - 12 to 18 age groups) would be a benefit to everyone - more stability, better standards etc.

We need to develop a simple progression system for coaches - start out with a Level 1 at 6 to 10 year olds, then 11 - 14 years, then 15 to 18 years, each time taking and passing a level in the off-season.

Then progressing to Senior levels, serving at least 1 year as an assistant, staff, or Amateurs coach before taking the senior level 1st team.

Then a similar progression to the highest levels (A League, International etc.).

This would give coaches a clear progression and career path and ensure that they at least know the standards required for the level they are at.

The days of players retiring and walking straight into a coaching position should be over.

Players wanting to move into coaching at the end of their careers can still follow the progeression whilst they are playing.

Comments anyone?

Drusetta
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Drusetta »

Longer coaching contracts at club level is a very good idea.

I know some clubs limit a coach to coaching the same squad for a maximum of 2 years. If the coach is bad he or she would be removed sooner anyway. If the coach is good and the players are developing, why limit his / her tenure to just 2 years? It doesn't make sense.

Then again some when clubs aren't happy, they replace the coach as soons as the team suffers a couple of adverse results.

The bigger problem I see is that the registration fees paid for by junior players are funding the exhorbitant senior coaching fees and senior player payments. Some Super League coaches receive upwards of $30,000. For what? To coach a team of average players? (If the players were any good they would be playing national league or higher, surely?)
Ask these senior players to come out for an extra training session for an important game and they want to get paid more??? Their attitude is disgraceful.

The good junior coaches are lucky to receive petrol money - and I include district and federation junior coaches in this. I recall the U17 Australian Joey's World Cup Final team of 1999 contained 3 boys from Elizabeth.

nuff said.
For the Game. For the World.

Drusetta

povman_2009
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by povman_2009 »

Good to see that as a current junior license holder this information was sent out to me personally so that I can review it in the comfort of my own home. The national accreditation and registration of coaches is working well....

Please note sarcasm was used in the creation of this post.

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by johnydep »

povman1964 wrote:Good to see that as a current junior license holder this information was sent out to me personally so that I can review it in the comfort of my own home. The national accreditation and registration of coaches is working well....

Please note sarcasm was used in the creation of this post.
Bit of a worry isn't it?

When was the last time they sent any info?

povman_2009
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by povman_2009 »

The first time and the last time were the same time... Over 2 1/2 years ago

viduka
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by viduka »

Drusetta wrote:Some Super League coaches receive upwards of $30,000. For what?
Really? Which ones? Do the clubs even make 30k a year