Why is 'AFPP UK academy camp' topic locked ???

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Why is 'AFPP UK academy camp' topic locked ???

Post by Željko Jurin »

A bit of harmless debate and someone sh*ts themselves and "locks" it :roll: :roll: :roll:
Spot Željko Jurin Jnr ......

# 9
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Why is 'AFPP UK academy camp' topic locked ???

Post by # 9 »

its pretty sad

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

And another thing, to all those baggers of 'private' academies, no one forces anyone to take their kids anywhere.
It is up to parents and their kids if they want to pay, if they like it, and if they want to go and if they want to continue to go

I wonder if the baggers have their kids in 'private' schools and not public schools ???

Or take them to 'private' music lessons, or 'private' dance classes, or have 'private' tutors for their kids for reading, maths etc.....

Or if they get sick, do they have 'private' health insurance, and take them to 'private' hosipitals
Spot Željko Jurin Jnr ......

mail man
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by mail man »

i believe i started this "issue" with my only point being the fact private academies are NOT endorsed the FFSA & SASI.
To advertise or imply otherwise is false.
Who the hell was Karl Malone???

Future Game
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Future Game »

My point again IS. Has any one bothered to ring John Walker to find out the full facts before posting any unknowns on this topic. Obviously not. The academy is not endorsed as a replacement or competitor to the state development squads, SASI FFSA squads or the Adelaide United Youth Squad. It is merely a net to help capture youngsters and feed them to the others if they are good enough. You cant knock the academy for that. We have been long overdue for something like this.
Joe Mullen, Martin Crook (RIP) and FFSA have given AFPP their full backing in fulfilling this role. It has been endorsed as a development academy to help close the net.

If you want the full details, please have the guts to ring John Walker himself and he will only be too pleased to have a chat. He is a realist that tells it like it is without the bull. He is always striving to learn and to pass the information on to those who will listen.

We are all fighting for the betterment of the game :)
'Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.'

Squizzy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Squizzy »

Future Game wrote:My point again IS. Has any one bothered to ring John Walker to find out the full facts before posting any unknowns on this topic. Obviously not. The academy is not endorsed as a replacement or competitor to the state development squads, SASI FFSA squads or the Adelaide United Youth Squad. It is merely a net to help capture youngsters and feed them to the others if they are good enough. You cant knock the academy for that. We have been long overdue for something like this.
Joe Mullen, Martin Crook (RIP) and FFSA have given AFPP their full backing in fulfilling this role. It has been endorsed as a development academy to help close the net.

If you want the full details, please have the guts to ring John Walker himself and he will only be too pleased to have a chat. He is a realist that tells it like it is without the bull. He is always striving to learn and to pass the information on to those who will listen.

We are all fighting for the betterment of the game :)
Hmm... I agree with you but I don't think that mail man is actually bagging anyone.
Who?... Who is but a form, followed by the function of what... And what I am, is a man in a mask!

F.O.F.A.
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by F.O.F.A. »

OK.

Number 1: I do not make statements unless I do my research first.
Regarding my comments on Full On Football about AFPP
I called Martyn Crook who was overseas at the time and asked whether he supported John Walker and the AFPP. Categorically, without any hesitation he said YES.

Number 2: A representative from the FFSA also said they supported John Walker and what he is doing but they are focussing on their own interests which are the Football Development Academies of the FFSA - understandable.

And lets not forget what he is doing here. He is focussing on the future of football, ensuring that the youth of today are getting good quality training, coaching and information about developing themselves to perhaps see their dreams come true of getting somewhere with their talents. He is all about the players and nothing else.

Remember that and those of you that sit behind your keyboards and flippantly make negative comments or criticise those of us who do put our time in to the game, why dont you offer John Walker or myself your services to contribute to our wonderful game. The help would surely be welcomed!
F.O.F.A. - The closest thing to F.I.F.A. you'll ever get!

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

i would suggest, that in the future, in order to avoid all this speculation, the organisers of such programs can seek a writen 'Letter Of Endorsement' from the FFSA!!!!!!!!!!!!
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

The Helper
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by The Helper »

I can’t believe that some people out there are knocking Australian Footballers Pathways Program (AFPP). (John Walker) this man has changed young lives, this man has given kids hope to fulfill their dreams, AFPP would be the best Football Academy’s out there for kids, this is not a money making B**l S**t Academy, it’s the real deal, to prepare kid for the real deal, local and O/S.
I know kids can’t wait to go back….
So for all the people out there that sit… talk… do nothing, if you are all that, get up off you seat and help develop these young kids like John Walker has. he is there for the kids….

I hope that we all can come together and develop these kids.

mail man
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by mail man »

Wow there are some thick people on this forum.
Good luck to AFPP, time will show.
Official endorsement is completely different to individuals supporting someones program or clinic.

Nat you really need to read the topic correctly.
Who the hell was Karl Malone???

John Walker AFPP
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by John Walker AFPP »

Hi its John Walker
I don't know why it was locked but it may be that some people were posting rude info etc.

Like the ref the admin people has the last word so please keep comments constructive.

If someone thinks I am a goose ring me and tell me I have already posted my mobile number.
As for the forum great concept so lets play by the rules.

Go on You Tube and search for Billy Connelly Evil Scotsman

There is a line "If you dont like the rules don't play the f#@king game

Best of health and luck to allplayers and clubs in Oz.
JW
John Walker
AFPP

prefly
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by prefly »

"Don’t like the heat get out of the Toilet Seats" John

People discuss topics on this forum all the time and yes it gets a bit testy sometimes but the locked topic was tame compared to some. I’m sorry, seems like someone got a bit touchy about something and shut down the debate. If you bring up topics on this forum don’t cry if they’re challenged, every one has a right to say what they want, come back at them if you don’t agree with them. Oh! John why would people want to ring you up - you put it on this forum, live with it and don’t try to tell people the rules of the forums, geez mate how arrogant. The camps are nothing new I think Jeff Napier has done something similar. To The Helper, there are plenty of other academies out-there doing a great job developing players, they are not "money making B**l S**t Academy" as you so delicately put it, and coaches such as J.Napier, C. Higgins are doing their bit ( with no doubt verbal support from FFSA, In fact, Chris Higgins was asked to send out some of his keepers to state trials) so don’t think J. Walker is the only kid on the block.

omega
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by omega »

my boy has been doing SSG stuff at a few clubs and in the hols decided he wanted to join friends at AFPP camp at raiders i wasnt sure at first but he was desperate to go, so off we went last night to drop him off and it was great. john walker was great with the kids and explained everything in fine detail. it was really well organised. senior players were staying last night had great fun with the kids and helping today. senior coach even did a talk before things started and the pres (brenton I think) did a great talk as well. we all went on a tour of the clubrooms and facilities and it was excellent. had my visiting hour tonight and my lad had a great day and can't wait for tomorrow. said he has learnt heaps and had great fun. he said the pres and senior coach even popped in to see if all was going well and the kids were having fun,

keep up the good work john walker

all is good down there. keep you all posted

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

was the tour of the pitches done in a 4wd :lol:

who are the senior players? i'd heard they've all left :lol:
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

omega
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by omega »

some guy from england i think stayed and a younger lad who is going to scotland to play next year. craig i think his name was. they had heaps at training last night that i seen. alagich. mcsorley. saric. morrison. lots of work been done to main pitch and my lad said someone was there today working on pitches

looked like a decent squad out training

REDS
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by REDS »

It appears all the logos (FFSA,AU etc) have been removed from the AFPP site :wink:

John Walker AFPP
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by John Walker AFPP »

Yes logos were removed as per requests from AU and FFSA. A FFA ruling has been envoked that stated no Private Academy can work directly with A-League or any FFA bodies. AFPP are in direct contact with local clubs and associations to challenge and modify this rule.

Like Robert the Bruce I am off to my cave to return stronger and deliver my agenda of promoting and developing young boys and girls to play at THIER highest level.

I will still promote and feed AU, development squads and SASI if I can but AFPP will not breach any rules.

Yours in sport

John Walker
AFPP
John Walker
AFPP