AFPP - UK Style Academy Camp 6th - 10th January 2009

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

John Walker AFPP
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

AFPP - UK Style Academy Camp 6th - 10th January 2009

Post by John Walker AFPP »

Australian Footballers Pathways Program announces a UK style Academy Camp

Hurray - only limited spaces available

Camp will run from Tuesday 6th January at 7:00 pm, then all day Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and finish at 4:00pm Saturday 10th January.

Will be held at the Adelaide Croatia Raiders Facilities,
Gepps Cross Sports Park

The camp will be run in the reflection of a UK Academy. There will be strict discipline, nutrition, sports psychology, strength and speed work and recovery techniques.

Cost is $200 per player. Includes all coaching, accommodation & food.
Players will be accommodated at the Raiders Football Club sports facility at Gepps Cross, which will be secured at night.

If you want to experience what it will be like in a UK academy situation, and you feel like you are good enough to adhere to strict schedules , discipline and nutrition, and a tough training regime then this is what you have been looking for. Have you got what it takes to be at the top ? The camp will be hard, so be prepared to put in and adhere to the discipline, and you will get a great deal out of it.

This is a live in camp where the players safety will be paramount at all times. The players will be dropped off and will live in the camp until Saturday 10th January 4pm.

Players can bring Ipod or MP3 players for night time use. No electronic games will be permitted.
Parents will be able to have nightly visits between 6pm until 7pm to see how their child is going.

A player and parent agreement will have to be signed before a player can be accepted.

(Current AFPP members and Adelaide Croatia Raiders Players cost is only $100)

Web Page: http://www.afpp.com.au

For More Info please contact: Email johnafpp1@gmail.com
Ph: 0428 816 505 after 6pm
John Walker
AFPP

John Walker AFPP
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: AFPP - UK Style Academy Camp 6th - 10th January 2009

Dear Postie or Mailman or whoever you are please do some research before you start having a go at me, I suggest you contact Joe Mullen and Dario from AU, John Munday from FFSA unfortunately you cannot contact Mr Crook but he was all for what we are doing.
I will not lower myself to have a huge open debate on this excellent forum, but suggest you call me on 0428816505 or e-mail me directly on johnafpp1@gmail.com.

I can then discuss this matter in a constructive manner.

I pose one question to you, what are you doing for junior development in SA.

Kind reagards

JW
John Walker
AFPP

Future Game
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Future Game »

How stupid do you look mail man. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I would have checked my facts first instead of making ridiculous comments.
I find the fact that you would come on here and make slanderous comments disgraceful.

John Walker is the only one out there genuinely attempting to better young kids and not at the money making prices that other academies have charged in the past. Other academies would be charging around $700 or more for a similar camp.
No one has done this sort of camp here in the past that I can remember.

There are thousands of kids out there craving real first class coaching, he is trying to provide the service at a cost effective price to the parents. Some times to his detriment

So good on him for making a first class effort of providing a cost effective learning experience for young boys and girls.

It really annoys me when fools like you come on here knocking people that are really trying to give this great game the love and respect that it deserves.

I think you should publicly post an apology on this forum to John, and show that you are not as low
as you have stooped to. :lol:

Then we can all move forward to promote the game for what it is.

Like he said, what are you doing ??? :clown:
'Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.'

Filikis Eterias
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Filikis Eterias »

I'd be very suprised if he is endorsed by FFSA or SASI.
KYPROS-ELLAS-ENOSIS
EXO H TURKOI APO TIN KYPRO

John Walker AFPP
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Like I said before ring FFSA and ask to talk to John Mundy, Nat from Full On Football announced on the last show for 2008 that AFPP were endorsed by SASI and FFSA.
But here we go again getting bogged down with negative crap.

I suggest who ever the mail man is he puts his hand in hispocketand give a young player a chance to give an honest account of the camp.

Talk is cheap mate.

Another thing on 14,15,16th of Jan 2009 Dave McPherson is coming to Adelaide as part of AFPP.
Ask him what he thinks about us and our commitment to junior football in Adelaide and Australia in general.

Final word is knocker dont get me down they inspire me to do it better.

Happy New Year Mail Man and all players, coaches and parents.

John Walker
AFPP
John Walker
AFPP

REDS
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by REDS »

You would hope official approval (ie a written request with a written approval ?) to use other parties logos was given and not just a conversation some time ago with a few people with them saying it sounds like a good idea.
I wonder?

# 9
Star Player
Star Player

Post by # 9 »

Your a :clown: mail twat. Do your research before commenting

Future Game
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Future Game »

I still cant believe even after John has posted his mobile number and email address for you to get the facts direct from him, that 2 :clown: :clown: Clowns have still doubted the endorsements. People, before you post stupid comments on here, ring him and ask for the facts, then all the forums can be clear of the immature useless banter that fills this site sometimes.

I did see that Full On Football episode and Nat did mention the endorsements. Nat is another that give her all for the game, and some still knock what she is doing.
Keep it going Nat - We love what you are doing :D

The ones that whinge the loudest, do the least. Only have to coach at Junior ranks to see this in many parents.
"I want my kid to have it all, but I dont want to help" Most clubs are cheap baby sitting services for lazy b_astards.
Get involved, and see how much fun it can be, your kids will love you for it - after all it is for them, not your lost sporting failures of the past. :lol:
Go and support Rugby or AFL, because we dont want you if you are not prepared to support the game the right way.

AFPP look as though they are trying to do things the right way for the right reasons, which we all would love to work, and some fools still doubt.

I hope the game prospers this year - Go You Reds

Happy New Year To All :D
'Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.'

mail man
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by mail man »

I think John is quite a nice guy so good luck to him.
As i said before i've seen these academies come & go with promises galore.
Now without getting into a debate wasn't EFI suppose to be the bees knees in academies?
Unfortunately when it comes to OFFICIAL endorsement from FFSA & SASI, they can NOT & do NOT endorse PRIVATE academies.

Future Game you must have one very sore tongue.
Who the hell was Karl Malone???

one nil
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by one nil »

FFSA and SASI officially endorse NO private academies, to suggest otherwise is mis-leading. I dont know too much about this program but I do know a lot of people throughout the game in SA and you seem to be the only person telling the world how ground breaking, etc your program is. Now, I applaud you for trying to do something but heres a tip... there are several coaches here in SA who are way ahead of you when it comes to developing junior players and they are not on here beating their chest about what they can or cant do or where they stand in the game (funny enough they dont need to, people just know) Can I please suggest something to you Mr Walker, let others talk about how good your program is because at the moment you are the one who is shouting the loudest.
I wish you the best of luck Mr Walker as judging by your comments etc you are a very passionate person who wants to raise the standards, but Adelaide is a unique place whereby you can put yourself off side with the football public very quickly, so let your self confessed ability do the talking for you.

# 9
Star Player
Star Player

Post by # 9 »

In the know wrote:FFSA and SASI officially endorse NO private academies, to suggest otherwise is mis-leading. I dont know too much about this program but I do know a lot of people throughout the game in SA and you seem to be the only person telling the world how ground breaking, etc your program is. Now, I applaud you for trying to do something but heres a tip... there are several coaches here in SA who are way ahead of you when it comes to developing junior players and they are not on here beating their chest about what they can or cant do or where they stand in the game (funny enough they dont need to, people just know) Can I please suggest something to you Mr Walker, let others talk about how good your program is because at the moment you are the one who is shouting the loudest.
I wish you the best of luck Mr Walker as judging by your comments etc you are a very passionate person who wants to raise the standards, but Adelaide is a unique place whereby you can put yourself off side with the football public very quickly, so let your self confessed ability do the talking for you.
seriously mate, who could be better at developing youngsters than J.Walker? Go on name a few...

You really dont know enough and John to really comment. I'm sure John would be happy to let you see all his stuff regarding the endorsments.

John doesnt have the biggest budget, but hes getting the word out about AFPP anyway he can.

incognito
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by incognito »

In the know wrote:FFSA and SASI officially endorse NO private academies, to suggest otherwise is mis-leading. I dont know too much about this program but I do know a lot of people throughout the game in SA and you seem to be the only person telling the world how ground breaking, etc your program is. Now, I applaud you for trying to do something but heres a tip... there are several coaches here in SA who are way ahead of you when it comes to developing junior players and they are not on here beating their chest about what they can or cant do or where they stand in the game (funny enough they dont need to, people just know) Can I please suggest something to you Mr Walker, let others talk about how good your program is because at the moment you are the one who is shouting the loudest.
I think his program is fantastic. for once we have someone in Adelaide not looking to make a quick buck. Coaching is excellent, education great, and a genuine love of the game and the development of kids.

FT9
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by FT9 »

keep walking, johnnie walker, keep walking
well done mate for trying to bring such a wonderful thing to our game!!
well in johnnie hope it all goes well and you get good numbers!!
ImageImage

# 9
Star Player
Star Player

Post by # 9 »

Walking as always ey sir :lol:

seriously thouth, J.Walker is a fantastic bloke with a million percent passion for the game and its future.

keep it goin john. :)

Iamthelaw
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Iamthelaw »

So much controversy over someone trying to be proactive and promote the game to kids. Those of you on here that are experts in all football development related matters should start your own academies and change the SA soccer landscape... This academy stuff is like a car, not all cars suit everyone, so don't try and make one that does. Get a grip you fools, the more diversity you have in the academy marketplace, the better it is for everyone. People vote with their feet, if a product is crap, they wont come back, simple. The issue here isn't if AFPP is endorsed or not, its whether they deliver the goods on the development. Only time will tell.
------------------------------------------------------
Official Raiders Website
www.croatiaraiders.com.au