Results 02-03Sep06

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Rob Lozza
Squad Player
Squad Player

Results 02-03Sep06

Post by Rob Lozza »

Saturday Division 1 (Reserves in brackets):
Sturt Marion 1 BOSA 2 (1-1)
Modbury Jets 4 Stirling District 0 (0-7)
Gleeson 1 Cove 0 (0-4)
University 1 St Peter's OC 5 (1-3)
Old Ignatians' 4 Adelaide University 1 (3-2)

Final league standings (unofficial).

Seniors
1. St Peter's OC 48 (+36)
2. Stirling District 43 (+35)
3. BOSA 38 (+19)
4. Cove 27 (-1)
5. Sturt Marion 24 (-1)
6. Modbury Jets 21 (-2)
7. Gleeson 20 (-24)
8. Adelaide University 19 (-3)
9. Old Ignatians' 17 (-13)
10. Adelaide Comets 1 (-46)

Champions: St Peter's OC
Relegated: Old Ignatians' and Adelaide Comets

Reserves
1. Cove 38 (+40)
2. Stirling District 38 (+39)
3. St Peter's OC 35 (+26)
4. Old Ignatians' 35 (+11)
5. BOSA 33 (+21)
6. Adelaide University 19 (-7)
7. Adelaide Comets 19 (-22)
8. Sturt Marion 14 (-31)
9. Gleeson 13 (-19)
10. Modbury Jets 10 (-58 )

Champions: Cove

marooned
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by marooned »

Well done St Peters definately the best team all year.
http://www.edsc.com.au

"It's not how good you are, but how bad you want it"

ManicD
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ManicD »

Aguila forfeited in both A's and B's to Athelstone.

As a result, reserves win the title and Athelstone do the double...

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

munno para b's 8-0 croatia
munno para a's 4-2 croatia
good effort by both teams today.in our a team today the whole team was between 18 and 22 years old. the young lads did well! and our c2s won the league which is div 9!

myopinion
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by myopinion »

fulham a's beat west beach 2 nil

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

heard the downs won one nil giving them the league.well in lads!

slipknot
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by slipknot »

wat happened to start the brawl in the lion-parafield game?and to those ferals from vale thanks for leaving your mess appreciate it

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

PHE v Knights

A's 3-1
B's 1-3

Two good games, better team one in both

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

THE EAST ARE PROMOTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We overcame a tough side in Southern Nights today. Congrats to all the boys. its been a very very tough year for all sides in the second div. Its a credit to amatuer soccer in SA. The standard has improved out of site in the last 2 years. I also heard Farm scored a huge win over vista. something in the region of 8-1 or something like that. can anyone confirm??? Looking forward to div1 next year bring it on!!!!!!! Gotta head back to the club now to have a few ales with lads. Also unlucky to the Fulham, vista and beach teams u guys really did give it a great shot and hopefully we shall all meet again in the top flight. Thanks again to everyone involed in this exciting tough league this year, it has been one of the most enjoyable years!!!

barbarez01
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by barbarez01 »

bosna relegated lmao haha funny cabernet pumas pumped em 5-1

Di Canio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Di Canio »

St Augustines 0-12 Grove
I'm very happy to have moved to West Ham, because I can play for a better team than Sheffield Wednesday.
- Paolo Di Canio

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

A's

Fulham 2 - West Beach 0

Firstly congrats to Farm and East on promotion - well done.

we did what we had to do in the last game which was to win by 2 goals. Great effort by the lads after a tight 1st half where both teams didn't want to concede, Fulham changed tactics at half time and went 1 nil up early in the 2nd half after Rob S finshed superbly.

Even after having a player sent off with about 25mins to go Fulham still had chances galore to put West Beach away and finally got a 2nd with about 15 mins to go with Michael S finishing from close range.

With 10 men to still win the game dont think West Beach could complain they were hard done by at all.

been said plenty of times but the ref was a shocker - especially in the 2nd half and I reckon his curls on his head were going thru to his brain cos a couple of times I dont know what the hell he was watching.

2nd half must have gone at least 50 mins as well.

Finishing 3rd after where we were at half way mark was pleasing but falling just short will just give us more drive to come back better next year.

B's

Fulham 3 - West Beach 2.

great way to finish off a good year by the boys - well done.

English
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by English »

Easties!

Good work from the lads today, cant wait for next season!

Pity about Farmers, when we heard they were 1-0 down we thought we had it, how quickly that changed!

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

yes well its all over red rover.1-0 at half time ;vista stayed in the rooms and IF didn't.all credit to IF who made us look like muppets in the second half.don't know what happened,we lost 1 defender to a well deserved tackle and red card and the flood gates opened big time.HUGE LOSS FOR VISTA AT HOME AFTER SUCH A TIGHT YEAR AS FAR AS GOALS AGAINST GOES.but the need for a win and the want for a win was a massive difference today.
Simo the coach of IF got what he had earnt,a top bloke that has earnt my respect.all the best in div 1 m8.
as for the lads at vista a hard game for me to retire on but today was not the be all and end all,i'm proud of what we have gained over the last 5-6-7 years not sure really,and there's more highs than lows,so a huge huge thankyou to you all.
mr football gets a big rap from me,coached him as a junior played along side in seniors and coached him for the last 5 years,NO CAPTAIN HAS SERVED THE CLUB WITH MORE PRIDE HONOUR AND RESPECT AS MATTY ALTMAN.for which i thankyou young fella and would like to say its been an honour to have been involved in many levels with you.
sorry i couldn't give you blokes the title you deserved.the only regret as player and coach i have.

cheers boys and once again thankyou.
onoir diomasack

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

English wrote:Easties!

Good work from the lads today, cant wait for next season!

Pity about Farmers, when we heard they were 1-0 down we thought we had it, how quickly that changed!
congrates to east on their promotion.would like to say sorry for not handing you the title,but to be honest i'm not.oh well life sucks.all the best for div 1
onoir diomasack

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

Just got home from Ingle farm SC, what a night, magic... Division 2 Champions - superb.. big party at the farm tonite!!!!

To be 1 - 0 down at half time and to fight back to win 8-1 was a massive win to our boys, magnificent.. terrific way to win the title.

Thankyou to Modbury Vista for giving us champagne after the match, good sportsmanship bulldog and co.. I realize it was a tough day for you guys..

Farm's Reserves also won 7 - 1... thoroughly deserved lads, best team since round 5 this season... terrific team performance against mod vista who were second.

To my good mate JP, enjoy winning bugger all.. you deserve it.. you beat Farm 4-2????? jUST THINK TO YOURSELF, YOU HAD THE PLEASURE OF BEATING THE DIV 2 CHAMPIONS.. :)

Bring on Flinders Uni in the cup next week, Reserves cant wait...

Well done to you Farm boys, I truely didnt expect to win both leagues but you won it in magnificent fashion. Good on all of you. Your hard work paid off deservingly.

Congratulations Farm A & B's

Mr Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mr Football »

BULLDOG wrote:mr football gets a big rap from me,coached him as a junior played along side in seniors and coached him for the last 5 years,NO CAPTAIN HAS SERVED THE CLUB WITH MORE PRIDE HONOUR AND RESPECT AS MATTY ALTMAN.for which i thankyou young fella and would like to say its been an honour to have been involved in many levels with you.
That means a lot coming from you bulldog, you are the heart and sole of this club and to get a wrap like that from you is certainly the best wrap i've ever had. Cheers defently goes to you, i look up to you and hope that i can serve the club in way you have in years to come. You are the best coach i've had at junior and senior level and earnt the respect of everyone not just me, so thank you bulldog.

As for the team, hard luck today, just one of those days but it has been a great season and it was a pleasure and honour to captain probably the best team this club has seen. Congratulations to Farm, by far the best team we have played all year and deserve the title, just wish you didn't shiraz up our outstanding goal difference in the process, which after conceeding 8 we still have the best defencive record in the league.

Enjoyed the season bring on 2007
DIVING:
Admition of defeat
Pure cheating
RUINS THE BEAUTIFUL GAME!!!

Aldo Serena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aldo Serena »

Polonia 0 - 5 MSSC Blue Eagles (1-1)

Great finish to a disappointing season, although we finished with 4 wins on the trot!

MSSC Blue Eagles
2011 Division 3 Champions

JP
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by JP »

robbo wrote: To my good mate JP, enjoy winning bugger all.. you deserve it.. you beat Farm 4-2????? jUST THINK TO YOURSELF, YOU HAD THE PLEASURE OF BEATING THE DIV 2 CHAMPIONS.. :)
:lol:

Congrats to Farm and Easts. Robbo congrats too and thanks for making the last few weeks of the season an exciting one and I enjoyed every minute of our forum battles. Well done! :wink:

PinchWeasel
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by PinchWeasel »

Mr Football wrote:
BULLDOG wrote:mr football gets a big rap from me,coached him as a junior played along side in seniors and coached him for the last 5 years,NO CAPTAIN HAS SERVED THE CLUB WITH MORE PRIDE HONOUR AND RESPECT AS MATTY ALTMAN.for which i thankyou young fella and would like to say its been an honour to have been involved in many levels with you.
Mr Football wrote:
BULLDOG wrote:That means a lot coming from you bulldog, you are the heart and sole of this club and to get a wrap like that from you is certainly the best wrap i've ever had. Cheers defently goes to you, i look up to you and hope that i can serve the club in way you have in years to come. You are the best coach i've had at junior and senior level and earnt the respect of everyone not just me, so thank you bulldog.
Get a room you two!!

Mr Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mr Football »

Just cause no one has respect for you weasel, no need to get jealous hey
DIVING:
Admition of defeat
Pure cheating
RUINS THE BEAUTIFUL GAME!!!

the REAL one
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by the REAL one »

slipknot wrote:wat happened to start the brawl in the lion-parafield game?and to those ferals from vale thanks for leaving your mess appreciate it
redders? any more info?
"Thats not sexy football!" and "Play the REAL one... again and again"

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Division 3A's

Payneham 0 - 2 Pontian

Congrats to them for an undefeated season... we had our chances and had an equalising goal incorrectly disallowed by the ref (goalkeeper falls over himself, we score a tap in, start celebrating with no objections from the Eagles, then the ref blows his whistle!), which would have swung the momentum our way... but fair game to Pontian they have deserved everything they achieved this season and can't take nothing away from them.

Disappointing to see Blue Eagles go down... finished the season off probably stronger than anyone else, it would have been good to see what they would have done if they had a full sqaud all season! Much rather see Muno Paro go down as they bunch of dirty hacks...

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

unknown? wrote:
slipknot wrote:wat happened to start the brawl in the lion-parafield game?and to those ferals from vale thanks for leaving your mess appreciate it
redders? any more info?

Missed an absolute firey encounter at Headquarters. Gardens 2-0 up over us, whilst Downs were still drawing, Gardens still tought they had a sniff.

Then an scuffle broke out between two players and before you knew it both teams and half the spectators were involved and the police were called**. Two players were sent off, leaving gardens abit lost.. Redders :P then sank their title chance late in the game, 2-1 (had to win by more than 3 to have a chance).

It was a good fiery encounter you could tell their players wanted it 10 times more than us, we were unlucky, hit the bar 3 or 4 times and missed a penalty. Not the best way to end the year, but with 4 first teamers under 22, next year will only be better for us if we can keep hold of the players..

** Dont want to say too much until ive spoken to the player first.. Dunno why the police took him away, what happens on the pitch should stay on the pitch.

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

Amateur League Website not updated again...

Final Division 2 and Division 9 Ladders updated here...

http://www.inglefarmsoccerclub.com/IFAS ... Tables.htm

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

robbo i think your web site is wrong.it has you blokes down as having a 8-1 win over vista,surely that can't be right.can it.please say its wrong.???
so it wasn't a dream then,you really did score 8 in the second half.shite and poop sticks.that's it i quit.oh i've retired.poop.
onoir diomasack

Aldo Serena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aldo Serena »

LFTWNG11 wrote:Division 3A's

Payneham 0 - 2 Pontian

Congrats to them for an undefeated season... we had our chances and had an equalising goal incorrectly disallowed by the ref (goalkeeper falls over himself, we score a tap in, start celebrating with no objections from the Eagles, then the ref blows his whistle!), which would have swung the momentum our way... but fair game to Pontian they have deserved everything they achieved this season and can't take nothing away from them.

Disappointing to see Blue Eagles go down... finished the season off probably stronger than anyone else, it would have been good to see what they would have done if they had a full sqaud all season! Much rather see Muno Paro go down as they bunch of dirty hacks...
Cheers LftWing, hopefully we only spend one season in Division 4 and come straight back up!

MSSC Blue Eagles
2011 Division 3 Champions

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

Bulldog, your boys gave up I thought after the sweeper got sent off??

Mate I hear you boys were very good in defeat.. good on you lads..

Mate I just woke up a while back, have thumping headache

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

Hey gents. Well the east definatley had a bit of a session last night!! I left about 1.30am and there were still a few there then. Work is oh so hard today i can tell you!!!!! As i may have said before it has been a great year for all teams involved and the good old amateur spirit is still there. Good on Farm for the promotion and championship. To be fair and a little bias, i think we were the two best sides in the league, but hey it was a bloody tough league!! I have heard that fulham will be promoted too??!! :shock: :shock: Adelaide villa going to saturday league therefore another possie in the 1st div???? Ill start a new topic for this one anyways.

viduka
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by viduka »

the fulham boys would be delighted if that was to happen. A pity for beach and MV Muppets on just missing out.