Juventus still hope to be reinstated to Serie A

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Juventus still hope to be reinstated to Serie A

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

ROME, Aug 28 (Reuters) - Juventus hope Italy's football federation will promote them back to Serie A without having a civil court intervene in a match-fixing scandal, the club's chairman said.

The club are due on Friday to appear in front of the Regional Administrative Court of Lazio, which will hear Juventus's appeal against its relegation to the second-tier Serie B for sporting fraud.

The appeal before the civil court could cause a further delay to the start of the Serie A championship, which has already been moved back two weeks to Sept. 9.

'Our lawyers are speaking with those of the Italian Football Federation (FIGC). Between now and Friday anything is possible,' Juventus chairman Giovanni Cobolli Gigli was quoted on Monday in La Gazzetta dello Sport as saying.

'All it would take is a signal to our board' to prevent the appeal before the civil court, he said.

Juventus's decision to appeal to the civil courts followed their failure to regain top division status via the Italian Olympic Committee's (CONI) court of conciliation, which is the final court of appeal in Italy's sports justice system.

But the FIGC have said they will impose extra sanctions on the Turin-based club if they take their case outside the sporting justice system to the civil court.

In July, a sports tribunal hearing the match-fixing case stripped Juventus of their last two titles and sent them down to Serie B, where they will start the season on minus 17 points.

Juventus have argued the punishment is too harsh. Three other clubs caught up in the scandal - AC Milan, Fiorentina and Lazio - maintained their Serie A status, although with points penalties.

'We know we deserve some kind of sanction. The problem has always been the disproportionate nature of our punishment in relation to those of the other teams,' said Cobolli Gigli.

He also denied Italian media reports that Juventus were planning to sue the FIGC for 130 million euros ($167 million) if they were not reinstated to Serie A.

'The Federation knows well that we haven't asked for 130 million euros in damages, but only come up with a figure that gives an idea of what being relegated to Serie B would mean to us,' he said.

Although the FIGC have threatened Juventus with further sanctions, and Juventus have set in motion the appeals process before the Lazio court, the federation has not yet announced any additional measures.

sulmona
Star Player
Star Player

Post by sulmona »

Kick the cheating juventini di merda out alltogether.

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

What a joke that the start of the season has been delayed to accommodate their appeals.

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

i hope Italy's football federation will re-considered the case again and then relegated the team like ac milan, lazio, fiorentina etc to serie b again ..

pino
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by pino »

With all the players they have had to sell...they may well be battling against relegation anyway!!
First the rotating...then the Dennis Wiseing...now the punking of me on my show. That is it Big boss...No More!

P. Diddy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by P. Diddy »

Juventus aren't good enough to be in Serie A anymore, they got knocked out of the Italian cup by a Serie B side. :D
"Remember kids - stay in school"

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

ronaldo07 wrote:i hope Italy's football federation will re-considered the case again and then relegated the team like ac milan, lazio, fiorentina etc to serie b again ..
Keep hoping

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

if we r keep hoping and they didnt do any reaction, those team will keep bribing

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

ronaldo07 wrote:if we r keep hoping and they didnt do any reaction, those team will keep bribing
can someone translate this monkey talk for me... o wait sorry dnt bother... I actually couldnt give a shiraz

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

in other word, ur team lazio will keep on bribing in future if several points deducted is the only sentences they got

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

ronaldo07 wrote:in other word, ur team lazio will keep on bribing in future if several points deducted is the only sentences they got
why didnt you say that in first place instead of trying to sound smart?? trust me, it doesnt suit you...

also, Lazio were actually found innocent of bribing officials, they were deducted points for illegal betting and contacting a linesman before a game (one game)... sorry no evidence of paying an official to give us favourbale decisions on any games...

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

LFTWNG11 wrote:
ronaldo07 wrote:in other word, ur team lazio will keep on bribing in future if several points deducted is the only sentences they got
why didnt you say that in first place instead of trying to sound smart?? trust me, it doesnt suit you...

also, Lazio were actually found innocent of bribing officials, they were deducted points for illegal betting and contacting a linesman before a game (one game)... sorry no evidence of paying an official to give us favourbale decisions on any games...
y contacting a linesmen ? hmm .. u know , i know, everyone know ... who care if it's 1 game or hundred games .. a bribe is a bribe !!

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

ronaldo07 wrote:
LFTWNG11 wrote:

y contacting a linesmen ? hmm .. u know , i know, everyone know ... who care if it's 1 game or hundred games .. a bribe is a bribe !!
no proof, no money exchanged and nothing said that even implied a bribe... Obvisouly in your country its guilty until proven innocent, in Italy its different, but if I were you, I would get over it... I mean I know it hurts that players like Pirlo, Gattuso, Viera and the like didn't want to go to your club...

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

ronaldo07 wrote:if we r keep hoping and they didnt do any reaction, those team will keep bribing
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

ok sorry,
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

shhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

what the f*ck is that, I suggest you get your money back from your engrish ressons sunny.

Maybe we should start screen testing new posters on here.

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

there's no need for u to type perfect english grammer ..
the most important thing is if the ppl u talk with understand what u mean, then it's all fine ..

oh b4 that, yes u all understand what i mean

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

paul merson wrote:what the f*ck is that, I suggest you get your money back from your engrish ressons sunny.

Maybe we should start screen testing new posters on here.
Just screen ronaldo07 posts for bullshyte... then we would never hear from that monkey

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

Trust me I didnt understand what the hell you were on about.

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

u guys r just being jealous bcos i know multi-language .. eos !!