Strachan sick of facing Reds

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Strachan sick of facing Reds

Post by ronaldo07 »

Celtic boss Gordon Strachan says he'd rather have been drawn against Real Madrid or Barcelona than United in the Champions League - after losing to the Reds twice in four months.

Sir Alex Ferguson's men won 1-0 at Old Trafford in May, in Roy Keane’s testimonial, and then 3-0 at Celtic Park in July's pre-season friendly.

The first-ever competitive match between the clubs will be at Old Trafford on Wednesday 13 September. It's not a trip that Strachan is looking forward to, especially after the Reds’ impressive start to the 2006/07 Premiership campaign.

"To be honest, I'm fed up with the sight of Man United," said Strachan. "I'd rather have had Real Madrid or Barcelona because I've never encountered them before as a manager.

"United are on fire. I'd say they're the outstanding favourites for the second phase, while FC Copenhagen, Benfica and ourselves battle it out for second place."

For the full list of Champions League fixtures, click here.

LOL ... in Strachan we trust :lol:

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The one and only »

i see strachan's point why would you wanna play a team that has had the better on you the twice in the past 4 months
I speak nothing but the truth

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

mmm I would want Strachan managing my club... I mean its a good sign when a side shows they are scared of their opposition... wat a shiraz weak champagne

Big Wayne
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Big Wayne »

LFTWNG11 wrote:mmm I would want Strachan managing my club... I mean its a good sign when a side shows they are scared of their opposition... wat a shiraz weak merlot
Maybe he is playing mind games. Dont underestimate the wee man, he is very crafty.

PS Di Canio is a legend. where is he playing these days ? Still at Napoli ?

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

lol ..
lftwng being jealous cos none of the team in his group stated they scare of liverpool

yogi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by yogi »

LFTWNG11 wrote:mmm I would want Strachan managing my club... I mean its a good sign when a side shows they are scared of their opposition... wat a shiraz weak merlot
where does strachan say he's SCARED of man.utd. in his comments ?
nowhere................he said he's fed up playing man.utd.,,,,,,derrrrrrr.

dicanio = maestro.

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

yogi wrote:
where does strachan say he's SCARED of man.utd. in his comments ?
nowhere................he said he's fed up playing man.utd.,,,,,,derrrrrrr.

dicanio = maestro.
Fair enough, its just I see it as a sign of weakness that he make such a comment... although good point about it being mind games...

And yes ronaldo07, I'm so jealous... :lol: Seriously, with Liverpool's form right now there is no real reason for their opposition in their group to be overly worried about... but things can change quickly in soccer...

Di Canio is a renaissance artist with the ball!! Too bad age catches up with everyone... He has finished his top flight career and is now playing for a small Roman club near his former great club Lazio called Cisco Di Roma in serie C2

pino
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by pino »

Personally I didn't rate Strachan as a manager...struggled a bit I thought at Southhampton. And coaching Celtic...you would hope that he is winning titles.

I think player for player he knows Celtic dont match up against United and because of two previous losses he is cautious about his chances.
First the rotating...then the Dennis Wiseing...now the punking of me on my show. That is it Big boss...No More!

Fred Goldstone
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Fred Goldstone »

Strachan is an excellent manager and very smart.

His comments are designed to put his team as the underdog and put the pressue on ManUre.