Raptors Pre season

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Popov vromgolarov
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Raptors Pre season

Post by Popov vromgolarov »

You've summed it up perfectly On Holiday. Not much left to say other than i echo those thoughts exactly regarding our man Sacred, Hatsi and PS.
Like one of the guys told me last night it was possibly the best ever Raptors night to be a part of. A special thanks to all those people who helped make it possible none more so than the players efforts throughout the season.
Well done to all the lads who won awards and even to Megabonus who was just pipped for the tool of the year, you definitely had my vote :D :D
As for your mug and photo, i have both and will get them to you.

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

just thought I would say that Bill invited me along to saturday night but at late notice i had some other plans.

Sounds like a good night was had though. congratulations on your season, and see you next season.
Things I am owed because they're too tight to pay up:

Colossus: One House

Costa: One Lunch

Oh and add in

Colossus: one photo and one letter from his "attorney".

On Holiday
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by On Holiday »

unfortunate that you could not get there hawksey, they seem to get better every year, so just make sure you get to next years.

Thanks for picking that stuff up for me popov, unfortunately I had to rush out of there in a bit of a hurry after colon cleanser was taking around 20 minutes to get through just one of the tool of the year nominees.

Must say that I was stoked by the shirt that he was wearing, where did that come from? I was wondering if it was a limited addition LKFS issue that I was not aware of and only connected people can get their hands on.

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by maxin in the shade »

On Holiday wrote:great night last night guys.

I just wanted to wish Sacred June all the best on his endeavours in Melbourne. It was a pleasure having you around the club and although it was for only one season, you have left the club as if you were there for a lifetime. You will be sorely missed for your playing ability, but will be missed more for the person that you were off the field. Your fantastic rendition of candle in the wind will be etched in all of our memories for sometime to come. A deserved winner of the B & F, I just only wish that the club hd thought of the club champion jackets when I won the B & F a couple of years ago, I will just have to push for it next year and hope that the club comes up with something even better next year.

To all of those that were involved in the preparation of last nights event, a big thankyou, that was simply fantastic! well organised and I laughed my ass off the entire night. Unfortunately I had to leave at 12:30 and was not around to collect my mug, did someone collect it on my behalf? Also, I had left the team photo that was provided to me for sponsorship, did anyone happen to pick that up?

To all of the boys that took to the field for all 4 teams during the season, great effort by all! I look forward to catching up with you all for a bit of skirmish in November, I will be a married man by then, so plenty of frustration would have built and I will be ready to unleash the pain.

To PS, great to hear that you will be staying on with the club in some capacity next year, you have become one of the boys and have come to realise what a special club the raptors are, we are more than a playing group, we are also great mates.

John Hatsi, all the best mate, you have been a great servant to the club and it was great for the club to recognise that with their presentation to you last night. You seemed emotional and rightfully so.

I am sure that most players will return for another season next year, unless they retire from the game all together or move to another state or try their hand in the state or premier league, I would not expect to see any players move to another club, why would you?

Peace out!
well said On Holiday - i think everyone agrees with those sentiments

Sacred June, though you were only with us for one season, you certainly left your mark on the club.
You'll certainly be missed not only for your talent and ability on the park, but for your character of it aswell - all the best in Melb!.............oh yeah, and congrats on winning the B&F!!!

Big thank you to the committee for all the effort they put in this year. Ive said it before, but they do an amazing job on keeping the club running

sacred_june (GrooveChild)
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sacred_june (GrooveChild) »

Thanks for all the kind words fellas!

i'll definitely be playing whatever games i can next year. so i'll still be around

it was a great night, congratulations to the committee for putting on a great event. And congratulations to all the players too for a fantastic year

For those who missed it, the special appearance by elton john was a hit, and it has been posted on youtube of course: Have a laugh.
Randoman wrote:no, you're an idiot. O = hug as in making a big O with your arms. X = kiss as in kiss my muscat sunhat

ThierryHenry
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by ThierryHenry »

ATT: On Holiday

I play for a division 3 saturday side, and have heard some good reviews about your club.

this year i scored 9 goals in 14 games playing as a striker/winger (very cristiano ronaldo like actually)

i want to move clubs and hopefully it is to a greek club, i was wondering if there is a spot in your starting first 11 at the raptors for me?

regards,
sal

On Holiday
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by On Holiday »

ThierryHenry wrote:ATT: On Holiday

I play for a division 3 saturday side, and have heard some good reviews about your club.

this year i scored 9 goals in 14 games playing as a striker/winger (very cristiano ronaldo like actually)

i want to move clubs and hopefully it is to a greek club, i was wondering if there is a spot in your starting first 11 at the raptors for me?

regards,
sal
No probs ThierryHenry, I heard that you are a huge supporter for team comraderie in the showers also, in which case you would be more than welcome and would fit right in.

In relation to a spot in the raptors starting 11, well it depends how well you take the initiation.

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

On Holiday wrote:

regards,
sal
No probs ThierryHenry, I heard that you are a huge supporter for team comraderie in the showers also, in which case you would be more than welcome and would fit right in.

In relation to a spot in the raptors starting 11, well it depends how well you take the initiation.[/quote]

remember to go to that happy place when it happens - it'll be over before you know it

for any players interested in coming to our club, ours is a friendly, social club where 'mateship' rules above all else. i cant think of many players who have come and left over the years

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

What is Hatsi up to? Has he retired? was he your a team keeper this year

Popov vromgolarov
Apprentice
Apprentice

Golden EAGLE wrote:What is Hatsi up to? Has he retired? was he your a team keeper this year
Hatsi has a young family and has hinted that the season that just passed may have been his last. He played most of the games in the A's this year and had a solid season, hopefully he can go on next year, either way he has been a valuable servant to our club.

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

On Holiday wrote:unfortunate that you could not get there hawksey, they seem to get better every year, so just make sure you get to next years.
Will try and make it next year. As I'm sure you know, I've watched a number of your games this year and must say, you have an excellent set up and club there. Credit must go your commitee. If I move to playing Sundays, you guys would be my first port of call.

Oh and add in

Popov vromgolarov
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hawkesy wrote:
On Holiday wrote:unfortunate that you could not get there hawksey, they seem to get better every year, so just make sure you get to next years.
Will try and make it next year. As I'm sure you know, I've watched a number of your games this year and must say, you have an excellent set up and club there. Credit must go your commitee. If I move to playing Sundays, you guys would be my first port of call.
Excellent we need some more players with experience (on the forum that is) as i'm unsure of your background on the field :D :D :D

medallion
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by medallion »

Popov vromgolarov wrote:
Hawkesy wrote:
Excellent we need some more players with experience (on the forum that is) as i'm unsure of your background on the field :D :D :D
Popov, I hear my nephew is looking at playing in goals next year. If I were you I wouldn't let him get anywhere near the two sticks unless its for taking a penalty.... :lol: :lol: or free kick for that matter!

nugget66
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by nugget66 »

this year i scored 9 goals in 14 games playing as a striker/winger (very cristiano ronaldo like actually)i want to move clubs and hopefully it is to a greek club, i was wondering if there is a spot in your starting first 11 at the raptors for me?sal
ha :lol: ha :lol: ha :lol: ha :lol: ha one of the funniest posts Ive read this year! very cristiano ronaldo like playing saturday div.3 ha :lol:ha :lol: ha :lol: ha :lol: ha.

mate there's a spot in any amateur starting 11 if you are very ronaldo like !!!

medallion
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by medallion »

Guys, It's gonna be hard to fill the shoes of your recently retired keeper but a friend of mine has just moved here from Japan. He's played in the J-League for the past 5 seasons but has fallen out of favour after a recent ACL match. Here is some footage of his expertise, hopefully he might be of some use to you guys and your pursuit for the div 2 title next year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBV1pqzA ... re=related

Popov vromgolarov
Apprentice
Apprentice

medallion wrote:Guys, It's gonna be hard to fill the shoes of your recently retired keeper but a friend of mine has just moved here from Japan. He's played in the J-League for the past 5 seasons but has fallen out of favour after a recent ACL match. Here is some footage of his expertise, hopefully he might be of some use to you guys and your pursuit for the div 2 title next year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBV1pqzA ... re=related
I think I'd prefer your nephew in goals, even though he managed to concede 4 goals in fifteen minutes when he had to fill in earlier this season :D :D

medallion
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by medallion »

Is it true? Just heard a rumour that Ang "Fox" Pezos has taken out the div 9 player of the year award. If true, that is a tremendous achievement for a man of his age still mixing it with the youth of today. I remember playing against him in the 80's. Oh the good old days! :D

LeBron
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by LeBron »

medallion wrote:Is it true? Just heard a rumour that Ang "Fox" Pezos has taken out the div 9 player of the year award. If true, that is a tremendous achievement for a man of his age still mixing it with the youth of today. I remember playing against him in the 80's. Oh the good old days! :D
:roll: :roll: .....If it's true.......we are never going to hear the end of it :roll: :roll: :roll: :wink: :D

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

i cant believe he won it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all he does is park his fat muscat up front, dictates what others should be doing, is always yapping in the refs ears and watches as the 'young ones' do all the running for him!!!!!
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Popov vromgolarov
Apprentice
Apprentice

is it true he also put on a few kilo's during the year so he could stand out on the park in an effort to attract the referee's attention and votes. :D :D

Whatever the case well done and well deserved.

COLOSSUS
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by COLOSSUS »

medallion wrote:Is it true? Just heard a rumour that Ang "Fox" Pezos has taken out the div 9 player of the year award. If true, that is a tremendous achievement for a man of his age still mixing it with the youth of today. I remember playing against him in the 80's. Oh the good old days! :D
Ahahahaha, who are you trying to ahve a lend of, you were born in the 80's, and more like you dreamt of playing next to the great Ang Pezos is what you should of said :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, what a champion that Pezos is, 1st class i tell you, and he trained about as many times as your senior coach did :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hawkesy wrote:COLOSSUS...........Congratulations, you have won the title fair a square.

PLEASE WELCOME THE NEW WNID UP KING

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

MegaBonus wrote:i cant believe he won it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all he does is park his fat muscat up front, dictates what others should be doing, is always yapping in the refs ears and watches as the 'young ones' do all the running for him!!!!!
damn straight mega!!

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

BUMP!

(just because)

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

it's 32 degrees, piss off i'm not starting pre season yet!

Oh and add in

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Post by Missing Post Count »

Makes the Heineken more worthwhile :wink:

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

Bodø Glimt wrote:Makes the Heineken more worthwhile :wink:
at 32 degrees, i don;t need an excuse for a pint or 2.

Oh and add in

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Post by Missing Post Count »

At -10°C you wouldn't need an excuse :D

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

Bodø Glimt wrote:At -10°C you wouldn't need an excuse :D
it's a bit cold, a beer will warm me up. After all, I'm English apparently I drink warm beer.

Oh and add in

LiLcolossus
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by LiLcolossus »

Would be quite happy to try in goals for the raptors this season, not sure ill make it if Peter Sfyrios stays coach, but when does pre-season start??
Football Is Life, Life Is Greece.
Olympiakara Mou.......

mavromooni
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mavromooni »

am offering my services in goal next year :D