Promotions, Relegations & league changes

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Ronnie#10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Promotions, Relegations & league changes

Post by Ronnie#10 »

Thought I would clarify everything to the best of my knowledge about the ups & downs of Sunday Div's 1 & 2.

Division 1: Congratulations to Elizabeth Vale after they held out P/H West to claim the league title by 5 points. Unfortunetly West Beach & P/H East will be back in Division 2. Heard that the Pontian Eagles are joining the Saturday league as off next year so the top 3 from Division 2 will come up.

Division 2: Congratulations to Salisbury Inter. They held on to the title by 4 points over Fulham. As for the third promotion spot it went to the last game with Fulham, Raptors & Gully all needing a win to advance to Div 1. Fulham defeated the Raptors 3-1 away from home while Gully did like wise over Inter 3-0. The win for Gully moved them above Raptors into 3rd however their promotion is still to be confirmed due to the Croatia match.

If the result is reversed into Gully's favour for a 2-0 win, Croatia will join Bosna in Division 3 next year as I also heard the Pumas are joining the Saturday league also. Vista survive with a bit of luck and their 1-1 draw against Croatia yesterday ensured their spot.

With the Pumas & Eagles leaving for Saturday divs would that mean the top 4 from Div 3 move up also?
TEA TREE GULLY CITY 2007 DIV 2 RESERVES CHAMPIONS!

TheWingBack
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Promotions, Relegations & league changes

Post by TheWingBack »

That's very interesting about Pontian after they worked their way up the Sunday divisions so quickly to get to Div 1 to go to Saturday and start in Div 4. If you exclude C teams that would pretty much balance out the Sunday and Saturday leagues in numbers too.

Interesting times ahead and I'm sure we'll see lots of rumours about what clubs are and are not doing over the off season.

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

Pontian Eagles already have a Sat team. They played this season in div 4 I think and finished mid table! I would of love to keep this so called rumour going to stir the pot but it would be nice to the TTG faithful :wink:

Also well done to the Vale and I feel sorry for West Beach who were promoted with us in 2007. From what I have heard the Downs keeper played a blinder, that two weeks in a row the opposition keeper has kept the Beach goalless. I know the Beach will recruit well and hopefully they can bounce back up.

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

Golden Eagle you did not confirm or deny this rumour

Outlaw
HA'WAY THE LADS

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

Read the first sentence of my previous quote.

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

Golden EAGLE wrote:Pontian Eagles already have a Sat team.
Yeah but that does not determine whether the clubs Sunday Div 1 team will be making the transition.....

Outlaw
HA'WAY THE LADS

TheWingBack
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by TheWingBack »

Or will Pontians have 2 Sunday teams and 2 Saturday teams?

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Pretty sure they are staying Sundays. Had a chat to a few people yesterday and no mention of a Saturday move. A couple of younger guys who dont get injuried as often is all that Pontian need to be a force next year

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

Ronnie#10 wrote:Thought I would clarify everything to the best of my knowledge about the ups & downs of Sunday Div's 1 & 2.

Division 1: Congratulations to Elizabeth Vale after they held out P/H West to claim the league title by 5 points. Unfortunetly West Beach & P/H East will be back in Division 2. Heard that the Pontian Eagles are joining the Saturday league as off next year so the top 3 from Division 2 will come up.

Division 2: Congratulations to Salisbury Inter. They held on to the title by 4 points over Fulham. As for the third promotion spot it went to the last game with Fulham, Raptors & Gully all needing a win to advance to Div 1. Fulham defeated the Raptors 3-1 away from home while Gully did like wise over Inter 3-0. The win for Gully moved them above Raptors into 3rd however their promotion is still to be confirmed due to the Croatia match.

If the result is reversed into Gully's favour for a 2-0 win, Croatia will join Bosna in Division 3 next year as I also heard the Pumas are joining the Saturday league also. Vista survive with a bit of luck and their 1-1 draw against Croatia yesterday ensured their spot.
With the Pumas & Eagles leaving for Saturday divs would that mean the top 4 from Div 3 move up also?
:D :D :D

no fishes on here today Glenda...!
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains". Bill Shankly

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

Sorry Pontians to spoil the greek derby next year if Raptors went up.

Instead the Italian derby between Inter and Fulham will continue next year.

COLOSSUS
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by COLOSSUS »

bigpond wrote:Sorry Pontians to spoil the greek derby next year if Raptors went up.

Yes, welldone to Fulham, good bunch of blokes and all the best in your Div1 endeavours next season. You might have spoilt the derby v Pontians for us, but you kept the old rivalry with the Southern Knights going for another season at least :wink: :D
Hawkesy wrote:COLOSSUS...........Congratulations, you have won the title fair a square.

PLEASE WELCOME THE NEW WNID UP KING

robinfriday10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by robinfriday10 »

had to laugh when ttg keeper told inter striker that top 3 in div 2 were gettin promoted due to pontians goin saturday....first i'd heard of rumour :roll: could guess who started that rumour :wink: nuthin like a dreamer :lol: :lol: :wink:
things happen for a reason

mahluf
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mahluf »

DIV 4 PROMOTED SOUTH COAST great season very consistent, strong squad will do well in div 3

BEOGRAD on their day sublime skills and teamwork
more consistency and will be a major force in div 3

ATHELSTONE last years ist team followed coach to vipers. new team was developed
pre- season which consisted mainly of army guys. great start to the season
then all army guys posted away. bad mid season while new team was developed and
finished with an unbeaten last four games.luckily three teams are being promoted.
so well done to all at the club.

hopefully beograd won't join the metropolitan league and we'll renew our rivalry with
them and south coast next season

pires7
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by pires7 »

By the sounds of things Div 3 will be an interesting comp next season!

Ronnie#10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ronnie#10 »

I wasen't fishing M.J just saying it like it is. With Croatia losing the points from our game it drops them below you so you guys are safe. The draw ensured your status for next year.

Any word on the coach for 2009 M.J?

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

COLOSSUS wrote:
bigpond wrote:Sorry Pontians to spoil the greek derby next year if Raptors went up.

Yes, welldone to Fulham, good bunch of blokes and all the best in your Div1 endeavours next season. You might have spoilt the derby v Pontians for us, but you kept the old rivalry with the Southern Knights going for another season at least :wink: :D

Lol, yes I thought you might miss us to much, we can call it the "Defacto Cup", the winner gets half the other teams club rooms!

Aldo Serena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aldo Serena »

Mahluf, why are three teams being promoted from Div 4? Is that under the assumption that Pumas are moving to Saturday?

MSSC Blue Eagles
2011 Division 3 Champions

mahluf
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mahluf »

yep pumas have confirmed they are moving to saturdays. although with the new metropolitan league i expect there will be big changes in all divisions.

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

Ronnie#10 wrote:I wasen't fishing M.J just saying it like it is. With Croatia losing the points from our game it drops them below you so you guys are safe. The draw ensured your status for next year.

Any word on the coach for 2009 M.J?
Nah mate, we were very lucky in the end. Croatia hit the bar and the post in the 2nd half.

Plenty of rumours going round about the next coach. Apparently we are being bought by an indian billionaire and kevin keegan is the hot tip. Whatever happens, hopefully our next coach will last the whole season.

I dont think the over 35's need a coach, so it wont affect me. :wink:
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains". Bill Shankly

pc81
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by pc81 »

although vista has been approached by a breakaway Indian league, tipped to kick off shortly, been approached by Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt
You go on the p*ss all day, you've ballooned out like the Pillsbury Doughboy!
You could go to jail for this! What sort of system am I going to play then? Three across the middle and one in bloody Pentonville? *Mike Basset*

Ronnie#10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ronnie#10 »

Nah mate, we were very lucky in the end. Croatia hit the bar and the post in the 2nd half.

Plenty of rumours going round about the next coach. Apparently we are being bought by an indian billionaire and kevin keegan is the hot tip. Whatever happens, hopefully our next coach will last the whole season.

I dont think the over 35's need a coach, so it wont affect me. :wink:[/quote]

Yeah I spoke to Ian earlier and he told me Croatia had a few chances in the second half.

Haha really oh well that'll be good for you if the billionaire comes through with the goods. If you get Keegan though I don't think he'll last the whole season.

So your into the over 35's hay fair enough. It's your time is it?

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

Ronnie#10 wrote:Nah mate, we were very lucky in the end. Croatia hit the bar and the post in the 2nd half.

I dont think the over 35's need a coach, so it wont affect me. :wink:
Yeah I spoke to Ian earlier and he told me Croatia had a few chances in the second half.

Haha really oh well that'll be good for you if the billionaire comes through with the goods. If you get Keegan though I don't think he'll last the whole season.

So your into the over 35's hay fair enough. It's your time is it?[/quote]

Just taking your advice Glenda, as you told me to give up the last time we played you. Good call really. :(

Ronnie#10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ronnie#10 »

Just taking your advice Glenda, as you told me to give up the last time we played you. Good call really. :([/quote]

Haha sorry mate. You know what you get like when you play old team mates. Throw a bit of banter out here and there. We also got stuck into Hawkins. I'm sure Pete & Dazz would've said some things to you as well?