Goodbye to Sat Div 1 and Welcome to Div 2!

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

sweeps
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Goodbye to Sat Div 1 and Welcome to Div 2!

Post by sweeps »

It's time to go, Navarino and Africa All-Stars!
These two will be relegated back to Div 2!
I'm positive Gleeson will beat Navarino, and also Stirling to strong for Africa.
In saying that, if Old Ignatians' lose, they still have that catch up game in hand with Uni. But pretty sure Iggies, playing for their survival in Div 1, will have a different attitude!

On the flipside, I welcome Sturt Marion and Villa to Div 1! Congrats!
Saturday Div 1 next year, it will be a great league and probably the strongest league for years.
With the likes of St Peters, Wanderers, Stirling, BOSA, etc....

Should be a crackerjack weekend!
Good luck!
The Vision of a Champion is someone who is bent over, drenched in sweat, and the point of exhaustion, when no one else is around!

Wraith
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Goodbye to Sat Div 1 and Welcome to Div 2!

Post by Wraith »

Careful not to count your chickens before they hatch.

But good luck.

sweeps
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sweeps »

crue head wrote:Careful not to count your chickens before they hatch.

But good luck.
Count my chickens?

I'm not! just sharing my opinion, and my thoughts of how I think it will pan out!
The Vision of a Champion is someone who is bent over, drenched in sweat, and the point of exhaustion, when no one else is around!

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

Some BIG Greek derbies in div2 next year.

Navarino,
FC Adelaide
Comets,
MA Hawks

Will be a profit making year for the canteen at least!!!

sweeps
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sweeps »

Golden EAGLE wrote:Some BIG Greek derbies in div2 next year.

Navarino,
FC Adelaide
Comets,
MA Hawks

Will be a profit making year for the canteen at least!!!
MA HAWKS!!!!! Best BBQ goin round!

blackout
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by blackout »

Team Played Win Draw Lost Goal For Goal Against Goal Diff Points
ST PETERS 17 14 1 2 62 21 41 43
ADEL WANDERERS 17 13 2 2 52 24 28 41
STIRLING DISTRICTS 17 9 3 5 31 25 6 30
MODBURY JETS 17 8 4 5 32 26 6 28
BOSA 17 6 2 9 34 29 5 20
ADELAIDE UNI (1) 16 5 4 7 16 25 -9 19
GLEESON COLLEGE 17 5 3 9 22 29 -7 18
AFRICA UTD ALLSTARS 17 4 2 11 26 42 -16 14
OLD IGNATIANS 16 3 4 9 28 43 -15 13
NAVARINO FC 17 3 3 11 16 55 -39 12

Anyone noticed that Navarino can still stay up too? If they beat Gleeson and results go their way. And if they don't forfeit. I love this league.

Next year, the candidates for relegation, IMO, and plenty will argue this, are any two from Africa/Iggies (whoever survives this year), Gleeson, Uni, BOSA, and Villa.

I'm sure someone from Gleeson will pipe up about how their youngsters are going to win them the league next year, but it's a pretty closed shop from mid-table down. Only one way out.

Iggies play jets at home, then Uni at home
Africa play stirling at home.
Can't see a win for either team this weekend, so the relegation will come down to Iggs game against Uni. Iggs will need a point at least, and if scores go wayward on this weekend, may need the win.
Don't expect Uni to take it easy. We would love to put the Iggs down. It will be a pity for the league, as Iggs are infinitely more organised, and less likely to fold/forfiet than Africa, but no one at Uni will shed a tear.

My tips, Iggs and Navarino for relegation.

sweeps
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sweeps »

Only time will tell mate.

Is Navarino going to forfeit and go watch the Wanderers and St Peters game?

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Post by Missing Post Count »

blackout wrote:Anyone noticed that Navarino can still stay up too?
Yes, I stated that last week after it was announced they forfeited against Wanderers (details here)

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

blackout wrote:less likely to fold/forfiet than Africa, but no one at Uni will shed a tear.
Has Africa ever forfieted? I don't think they have. It would be nice if they could put on a regular barbecue or something but the guys in charge of the club a pretty level headed.

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

blackout wrote:Don't expect Uni to take it easy. We would love to put the Iggs down. It will be a pity for the league, as Iggs are infinitely more organised, and less likely to fold/forfiet than Africa, but no one at Uni will shed a tear.

The same will go if your reserves lose this week and the catch up game is required for them as well. We would prefer you to win it, but will still play at 100%.
Things I am owed because they're too tight to pay up:

Colossus: One House

Costa: One Lunch

Oh and add in

Colossus: one photo and one letter from his "attorney".

blackout
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by blackout »

Bodø Glimt wrote:
blackout wrote:less likely to fold/forfiet than Africa, but no one at Uni will shed a tear.
Has Africa ever forfieted? I don't think they have. It would be nice if they could put on a regular barbecue or something but the guys in charge of the club a pretty level headed.
No. We like the club, and have a few ties with them and former players. But both times we have played them, they seem to have a fair few players playing 2 games. A bit of recruitment over the summer would fix that up pretty smartly.

blackout
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by blackout »

Hawkesy wrote:
blackout wrote:Don't expect Uni to take it easy. We would love to put the Iggs down. It will be a pity for the league, as Iggs are infinitely more organised, and less likely to fold/forfiet than Africa, but no one at Uni will shed a tear.

The same will go if your reserves lose this week and the catch up game is required for them as well. We would prefer you to win it, but will still play at 100%.
As it should be. I want to play you guys next weekend either way, just to get another game. The end of the season has come too fast.

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

blackout wrote:As it should be. I want to play you guys next weekend either way, just to get another game. The end of the season has come too fast.
i want to play it as well, but I'm in the minority.
Things I am owed because they're too tight to pay up:

Colossus: One House

Costa: One Lunch

Oh and add in

Colossus: one photo and one letter from his "attorney".

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Hawkesy wrote:but I'm in the minority.
Wow. I know when I was playing I wanted to play every week. The only thing is I think they should have been completed before tomorrow's games. In a stroke of fortune my boss screwed up the rosters and the shift I had been given on 13th conflicts with the one on the day before (re driving hours for heavy vehicles) so when I pointed it out to him he said "you'll just have to have saturday off". Suits me. I shall be at your game if it gets played on the 13th.

sweeps
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sweeps »

Bodø Glimt wrote:
Hawkesy wrote:but I'm in the minority.
Wow. I know when I was playing I wanted to play every week. The only thing is I think they should have been completed before tomorrow's games. In a stroke of fortune my boss screwed up the rosters and the shift I had been given on 13th conflicts with the one on the day before (re driving hours for heavy vehicles) so when I pointed it out to him he said "you'll just have to have saturday off". Suits me. I shall be at your game if it gets played on the 13th.
See you there Bodo!

Kitchimo
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Kitchimo »

Don't count your chickens!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.oisc.com.au

Championships
A Grade: 1990, 1991, 1992, 2007, 2010
B Grade: 2001, 2007
C Grade: 2004, 2010
D Grade: 2009, 2010

Cups
A Grade: 1989
B Grade: 2002

BillyBob
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by BillyBob »

I already did...I didn't have any chickens :(
http://auscblacks.com
Adelaide University Soccer Club Blacks

The Toffees
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by The Toffees »

Sat Div 2 next year:

FC Adelaide, MA Hawks, Budapest, Navarino, Monarchs, Salisbury Villa....

Farrrrrkkk me, sounds like a barrel of laughs. The sooner we form a regional league down south the better. Mt Barker, Hahndorf, McLaren Vale, Murray Bridge, Strath, the Breakers are waiting for your call.
Kopites are Gobshites

Breakers17
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Breakers17 »

I agree Toffee. We have had our third round this year we have had either the A's or B's forfeit heading down to play the Breakers at Pt Elliot. That's just a pathetic lack of commitment from the individuals involved. Today it was Cougars who put up a piss poor effort today.

Cougars - good riddance to Div 3 next year and take your thuggish behaviour with you. Couldn't happen to a more deserving club.

PS You forgot about Yankalilla Dragons!!! :lol:

waawaa
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by waawaa »

dont worry villa wont forfeit in 2 weeks!!!

Breakers17
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Breakers17 »

Why would you want to forfeit? Many teams come down to Pt Elliot to play a hard, fair game on a decent pitch and then go enjoy themselves for the evening in Victor. Some clubs even stay the night and make a great weekend out of it.

We're looking forward to the Villa game - we were filthy the way we played you guys first round. No disrespect to Sturt, but so far Villa are probably the best side we played this season and deserve to move up next year.

kramerica
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by kramerica »

Breakers17 wrote:Why would you want to forfeit? Many teams come down to Pt Elliot to play a hard, fair game on a decent pitch and then go enjoy themselves for the evening in Victor. Some clubs even stay the night and make a great weekend out of it.

We're looking forward to the Villa game - we were filthy the way we played you guys first round. No disrespect to Sturt, but so far Villa are probably the best side we played this season and deserve to move up next year.
No offence mate, but I don't think you can talk as a representative for all your country counter parts. I have been at some games and they have forteited more than they have played. Like you I know it is disappointing, just don't point the finger at the cougars, probably a good lesson for you guys.

Breakers17
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Breakers17 »

Power 04, I wasn't talking on behalf of any club other than the Breakers. I can't speak for any other non-metro clubs, but I know we pull out all the stops to avoid forfeiting - we even register our 'retired' players at the start of the season and ring them up when we are desperately short.

We recognise other team's players pay their subs and deserve to play against clubs who have made the commitment at the start of the season to play A's and B's every weekend.

SAASL need to work this one through, as we have had four teams forfeit in our Sat Div 2 comp when playing us this year. If there are issues around travelling, or during school holidays let's nut them out for the good of every club and player.

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Any player who commits to play should commit for the whole season.