Raptors Pre season

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

LeBron
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Raptors Pre season

Post by LeBron »

maxin in the shade wrote:what an end to the season this is turning out to be for our club, coming down to the last game to decide the B's championship and the last promotion place for the A's

both teams had good wins yesterday.

A's did the business against Elizabeth Grove, who i gotta say were one of the better bunch of blokes weve come across all year. played the game in the right spirit - also hope the grove player is recovering well after his collision with the goal post

but the big result for the club was Inter's 0-0 draw with Fulham, which sets up a huge game at Raptors park next Sunday v Fulham. A win will secure our entry into Div 1 next season, while a draw is good enough to see Fulham through.
Should be a cracker day at Raptors Park on Sunday Maxi. Lets hope it turns out a little different from last year. 8) 8)

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

Good luck on Sunday, although we will miss you if you win! :wink:

LeBron
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by LeBron »

Knight7 wrote:Good luck on Sunday, although we will miss you if you win! :wink:

Cheers Knight 7.

I'll pass in onto #18 for you :wink: :lol: :wink: :lol: :wink:

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

LFC8 wrote:

Cheers Knight 7.

Please do, :D

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

Pontian Boys are thinking about forfieting their game against the farm to come down and watch and root for you guys. Still feel bad about last year but had to do the right thing. Good luck this time round! :)

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by maxin in the shade »

Golden EAGLE wrote:Pontian Boys are thinking about forfieting their game against the farm to come down and watch and root for you guys. Still feel bad about last year but had to do the right thing. Good luck this time round! :)
Cheers GE - its a huge game for our club so hopefully we can go one better than last year!

we appreciate all the support and hopefully we get a good crowd to come out and cheer us on - wed love to see a greek derby in div 1 next year :D

LeBron
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by LeBron »

Knight7 wrote:
LFC8 wrote:

Cheers Knight 7.

Please do, :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:

LeBron
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by LeBron »

maxin in the shade wrote:
Golden EAGLE wrote:Pontian Boys are thinking about forfieting their game against the farm to come down and watch and root for you guys. Still feel bad about last year but had to do the right thing. Good luck this time round! :)
Cheers GE - its a huge game for our club so hopefully we can go one better than last year!

we appreciate all the support and hopefully we get a good crowd to come out and cheer us on - wed love to see a greek derby in div 1 next year :D
I think you might mean.....Greek Derby's :D

BUT.........Sunday still awaits

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

hopefully the dry weather will help the pitch and we can get some sort of roller to flatten out certain areas to make for a decent game of football

i hear a couple of lambs will be on offer aswell so heres hoping for a great day for our club

mavromooni
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mavromooni »

ARE WE GONNA SACRIFICE THE LAMBS FOR THE FOOTBALL GODS?

sacred_june (GrooveChild)
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sacred_june (GrooveChild) »

sacraficial lamb on the spit this sunday

and i heard along the grapevine that sacraficial pork and chicken will also be present.
Randoman wrote:no, you're an idiot. O = hug as in making a big O with your arms. X = kiss as in kiss my muscat sunhat

nachoman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by nachoman »

fulham or raptors to come up with with us to div 1
touch decision
rapators have great bbq
but fulham have better ground/changerooms etc

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

nachoman wrote:fulham or raptors to come up with with us to div 1
touch decision
rapators have great bbq
but fulham have better ground/changerooms etc
Look at the quality you get as the club ref when you play raptors though! :D

Got to applaud Raptors for this though, gone out of their way to get refs not affiliated with the club to ensure the perception of bias does not rear it's head.
Things I am owed because they're too tight to pay up:

Colossus: One House

Costa: One Lunch

Oh and add in

Colossus: one photo and one letter from his "attorney".

colon clenser
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by colon clenser »

would have a official ref in the B grade anytime even if we have to pay for it

To Mati
Star Player
Star Player

Post by To Mati »

whats the going rate these days??

colon clenser
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by colon clenser »

a plate off food and a beer plus gst

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Post by Missing Post Count »

colon clenser wrote:a plate off food and a beer plus gst
I think the referee Hawkesy was referring to had more than one beer :wink:

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

Bodø Glimt wrote:
colon clenser wrote:a plate off food and a beer plus gst
I think the referee Hawkesy was referring to had more than one beer :wink:
Whether it's one beer or 10, I think it's a really good idea. The club ref thing is a good start, I just feel Raptors have taken the next step and said. "we'll pay for a neutral". No-one can complain, about their refs being biased.
Things I am owed because they're too tight to pay up:

Colossus: One House

Costa: One Lunch

Oh and add in

Colossus: one photo and one letter from his "attorney".

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Post by Missing Post Count »

I don't know if it was a regular thing or just happened on the games I went to but last season the Comets had the A team referee come down early and do both games.

I agree it's a good idea.

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Lets hope we get a big crowd on Sunday cheering us on

The weather looks like being fine and sunny so it should prove to be a good contest

We'll be looking to go one better than last year to get promoted into Div 1, which if we do, would be a fantastic achievement for our special little club.

GO RAPTORS!!

LeBron
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by LeBron »

maxin in the shade wrote:Lets hope we get a big crowd on Sunday cheering us on

The weather looks like being fine and sunny so it should prove to be a good contest

We'll be looking to go one better than last year to get promoted into Div 1, which if we do, would be a fantastic achievement for our special little club.

GO RAPTORS!!
Maxi, lets hope your score a goal like the one from "Video of the Week" on our website.

COME ON BOYS

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

well its another season over and done with

last night and this morning, i cant help but feel disappointed at an opportunity lost............again. One could say the A's did well to get to the position of playing for promotion in the last game, but its still a let down not having gotten over the line

fulham played a good counter attacking game - congrats to them, but we still couldve buried them.
oh well, we'll go up next year with a Div 2 championship!! :wink:

and well done to the B's for coming second - great achievement. put lots of pressure on Inter to get results and pushed them to the end.

big thank you to the committee for putting on an excellent BBQ aswell - great stuff................am still tasting that garlic this morning!!

LeBron
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by LeBron »

maxin in the shade wrote:well its another season over and done with

last night and this morning, i cant help but feel disappointed at an opportunity lost............again. One could say the A's did well to get to the position of playing for promotion in the last game, but its still a let down not having gotten over the line

fulham played a good counter attacking game - congrats to them, but we still couldve buried them.
oh well, we'll go up next year with a Div 2 championship!! :wink:

and well done to the B's for coming second - great achievement. put lots of pressure on Inter to get results and pushed them to the end.

big thank you to the committee for putting on an excellent BBQ aswell - great stuff................am still tasting that garlic this morning!!
Spot on Maxi

Committee did a great job this year again and put more work on themselves with the addition of another team (C2's.....DIV 9 CHAMPIONS....Great stuff lads)

To all the boys another great year for the club and hope to see you all next year again

Also sacred_june....cheers for the going away present.......Great left foot goal :D
I know I don't have to say this(cause you already know) but your always welcome back to your/our club :)

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

scared june is welcomed anywhere he goes, cause hes just simply sublime! :D

and that left foot goal was a cracker

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Presentation Night this Saturday, 20 Sept

Looking forward to seeing who takes out this years B&F - no real stand outs so it should make for an interesting count

Squad Player
Squad Player

my bet is the tantaliser! also predicting that he polls most votes for the games where he returned to sweeper. Even though we conceded something like 22 goals in those 2 games, he was BOG.

Also looking forward to special guest comments from roving reporters Sublime Sacred_June and Marvelous Medallion!

Woo! Fire up fellas! Gonna be a big night. And my missus has just surprised me by informing me that she will be down for the special event, which means i'm getting lucky afterwards too! :lol:

*begin rude, unprofessional comments about everyone picking up below,* You dogs!
Randoman wrote:no, you're an idiot. O = hug as in making a big O with your arms. X = kiss as in kiss my muscat sunhat

medallion
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by medallion »

sacred_june (GrooveChild) wrote:my bet is the tantaliser! also predicting that he polls most votes for the games where he returned to sweeper. Even though we conceded something like 22 goals in those 2 games, he was BOG.

Also looking forward to special guest comments from roving reporters Sublime Sacred_June and Marvelous Medallion!

Woo! Fire up fellas! Gonna be a big night. And my missus has just surprised me by informing me that she will be down for the special event, which means i'm getting lucky afterwards too! :lol:

*begin rude, unprofessional comments about everyone picking up below,* You dogs!
Unfortunately Sacred I won't be attending this massive night but I'm sure my nephew JT will be a decent fill in for the evening alongside of you. Just make sure the humour is 'Hamish and Andy' like and not Bazz and Pilko!! :lol: :lol:

In regards to getting lucky its good to see your optimistic about your chances but just remember,"An optimist is someone who falls off the empire state building, and after 50 floors says,"So far so good!" :)

Squad Player
Squad Player

ooohhhhhhhhhh..............my head........... :( :oops:

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

well done SJ on the 'B&F' - a deserving winner.

also

your cameo performance/impersonation on the night will go down as one of the funniest moments ever to be witnessed at such a function.

all the best with future endeavours!!!!

ps: is the 'yellow jacket' sporting any reminders of a long long night?? and did it get you the respest you deserve?? :lol:
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

On Holiday
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by On Holiday »

great night last night guys.

I just wanted to wish Sacred June all the best on his endeavours in Melbourne. It was a pleasure having you around the club and although it was for only one season, you have left the club as if you were there for a lifetime. You will be sorely missed for your playing ability, but will be missed more for the person that you were off the field. Your fantastic rendition of candle in the wind will be etched in all of our memories for sometime to come. A deserved winner of the B & F, I just only wish that the club hd thought of the club champion jackets when I won the B & F a couple of years ago, I will just have to push for it next year and hope that the club comes up with something even better next year.

To all of those that were involved in the preparation of last nights event, a big thankyou, that was simply fantastic! well organised and I laughed my ass off the entire night. Unfortunately I had to leave at 12:30 and was not around to collect my mug, did someone collect it on my behalf? Also, I had left the team photo that was provided to me for sponsorship, did anyone happen to pick that up?

To all of the boys that took to the field for all 4 teams during the season, great effort by all! I look forward to catching up with you all for a bit of skirmish in November, I will be a married man by then, so plenty of frustration would have built and I will be ready to unleash the pain.

To PS, great to hear that you will be staying on with the club in some capacity next year, you have become one of the boys and have come to realise what a special club the raptors are, we are more than a playing group, we are also great mates.

John Hatsi, all the best mate, you have been a great servant to the club and it was great for the club to recognise that with their presentation to you last night. You seemed emotional and rightfully so.

I am sure that most players will return for another season next year, unless they retire from the game all together or move to another state or try their hand in the state or premier league, I would not expect to see any players move to another club, why would you?

Peace out!