Results Sunday 31/8

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

pulse
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Results Sunday 31/8

Post by pulse »

Di Canio wrote:Brahma vs San Marco
A's 2-2
B's 1-1

C's Brahma 5-3 Cove
Another dent into San Marco's promotion battle

"now thats sexy football"

medallion
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by medallion »

Right Winger wrote:Oh, and youre so interested milk-clocking?
Our coach was your ball-boy the whole game on the far side.
At one stage. both match balls sat out in no-mans land
like 2 ships in the night..
You should get some of the young lads to stop grafitto tagging
and smoke piping and get some excercise.
Hey right winger i know this is not related but i heard a rumour that Robbie Matosevic is retiring this year. Is he gonna come out to u guys next year?

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

COLOSSUS wrote:
Hosovac wrote:
Knight7 wrote:Knights v Croatia

Reserves 0-1

First Team 1-2

No excuses however a good reserves game was spoilt by the same player taking our keeper out ver very late twice

First Team game was a bit of a contradiction - have read many times this year about Croatia being dirty etc but this week, they seemed to milk every tackle, screaming out, falling down, etc, etc and at 1-2 with 20 minutes to go, wasted time better than any team I've seen for a while. I suppose they have many older heads and you do what you can get away with.

Wouldn't be suprised if the TTG game gets awarded their way, I think Croatia would do anything to win!
Is that a whinge I detect Knight7? :roll:

Time wasting now? Well faaaark me, better report it to the league. :oops:

Did you borrow Bosna's linesman today? We won't comment on him now... :clown:
Funniest part of all this Hosovac, is you guys are at least luckier than the Raptors. Why??? Because Raptors got a whole topic dedicated to us 2 weeks ago about our whinging :roll:
Oh the irony :lol:
Is it just me, or is it every time the Knights lose in a close one to an "Ethnic" team, they head straight for their PCs :D
And im with you Hosovac, their linesman isnt any better than Tuncays mate :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for the time wasting, get used to it fellas, its all part of winning. Like someone else said, it only hurts & becomes a problem when your losing :wink:

lol, firstly I report on games win, lose or draw so yes I think it's just you so go play your racist card somewhere else :wink: ! Secondly I actually complimented them on their time wating, thirdly 98% of the posts in the topic about your game were either by a neutral supporter or your own team - oops you don't actually have a team and lastly I think this was before the time that Raptors "were your team" but they dedicated 3 pages to Croatia's tactics

COLOSSUS
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by COLOSSUS »

Knight7 wrote:
COLOSSUS wrote:
Funniest part of all this Hosovac, is you guys are at least luckier than the Raptors. Why??? Because Raptors got a whole topic dedicated to us 2 weeks ago about our whinging :roll:
Oh the irony :lol:
Is it just me, or is it every time the Knights lose in a close one to an "Ethnic" team, they head straight for their PCs :D
And im with you Hosovac, their linesman isnt any better than Tuncays mate :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for the time wasting, get used to it fellas, its all part of winning. Like someone else said, it only hurts & becomes a problem when your losing :wink:

lol, firstly I report on games win, lose or draw so yes I think it's just you so go play your racist card somewhere else :wink: ! Secondly I actually complimented them on their time wating, thirdly 98% of the posts in the topic about your game were either by a neutral supporter or your own team - oops you don't actually have a team and lastly I think this was before the time that Raptors "were your team" but they dedicated 3 pages to Croatia's tactics
Who played the racist card buddy??? We arent the ones who go around calling people "wogs" this and "wogs" that so dont even begin to go down that track. Amazing though how you are very quick to use the word "racist" in your post hey? :roll:
So now you were complimenting them on their time wasting??? Mate, your a real dikwad if you yourself even believe that. Thats so funny that it deserves..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And the part of 98% of the posts blah blah blah. What did you expect Knight7 seriously??? A topic is created about Raptors and Sthn Knights, and all thats in it is how we whinged and bitched and complained, of course 98% of the next 100 posts are going to be from people associated with the club. Its called defending ourselves :wink:

And about us commenting on Croatias tactics last time, i hardly think it was 3 pages, and better still they never complained about our posts because they were obviously true :wink: Anyways, i just think its wonderfully ironic to hear about you guys whinging on the park today when thats the exact thing you accused Raptors of :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyways Knight7, i still love you mate, just some friendly banter to finish off the end of the season. Hopefully these posts just add a little spice to our already wonderful rivalry next season if of course we dont beat Fulham next Sunday :D
Hawkesy wrote:COLOSSUS...........Congratulations, you have won the title fair a square.

PLEASE WELCOME THE NEW WNID UP KING

juricin
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by juricin »

The back 9, thus far...

P F A PT
Croatia 07 13 8 16
Grove 08 19 19 14
Raptors 08 22 18 13
S Inter 08 19 11 12
M Vista 08 17 15 12
Fulham 08 12 14 11
TT Gully 08 17 19 10
S Knights 8 12 14 09
Bosna 07 08 13 08
Pumas 08 11 19 05

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

post # 4839

I was at the Knights - Croatia game but I'll submit my pictorial later !
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

COLOSSUS
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by COLOSSUS »

swannsong wrote:post # 4839

How about you please check your PMs and submit one back!!! :D
Hawkesy wrote:COLOSSUS...........Congratulations, you have won the title fair a square.

To Mati
Star Player
Star Player

Post by To Mati »

juricin wrote:The back 9, thus far...

P F A PT
Croatia 07 13 8 16
Grove 08 19 19 14
Raptors 08 22 18 13
S Inter 08 19 11 12
M Vista 08 17 15 12
Fulham 08 12 14 11
TT Gully 08 17 19 10
S Knights 8 12 14 09
Bosna 07 08 13 08
Pumas 08 11 19 05
I seriously do not understand this post. What do you mean?

sacred_june (GrooveChild)
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sacred_june (GrooveChild) »

P F A PT
Croatia 07 13 8 16
Grove 08 19 19 14
Raptors 08 22 18 13
S Inter 08 19 11 12
M Vista 08 17 15 12
Fulham 08 12 14 11
TT Gully 08 17 19 10
S Knights 8 12 14 09
Bosna 07 08 13 08
Pumas 08 11 19 05
lol at juricin the golfer
Randoman wrote:no, you're an idiot. O = hug as in making a big O with your arms. X = kiss as in kiss my muscat sunhat

COLOSSUS
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by COLOSSUS »

Scooby-Doo wrote:

P F A PT
Croatia 07 13 8 16
Grove 08 19 19 14
Raptors 08 22 18 13
S Inter 08 19 11 12
M Vista 08 17 15 12
Fulham 08 12 14 11
TT Gully 08 17 19 10
S Knights 8 12 14 09
Bosna 07 08 13 08
Pumas 08 11 19 05
I seriously do not understand this post. What do you mean?
shiraz Scooby, you on the hashishi mate :lol: What he means, is the 2nd half of the season dude. Thats what the ladder would be if it was posted with JUST the results of the second half of the season up until now 8)
Hope you understood that :lol: :lol: :lol:

To Mati
Star Player
Star Player

Post by To Mati »

aaahhh skatalava!

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Post by Missing Post Count »

Think of it as a form guide :wink:

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

COLOSSUS wrote:
swannsong wrote:post # 4839

How about you please check your PMs and submit one back!!! :D
post # 4841

I'm still working on Chapter 2.
Plus a photo match report...they actually take a bit of time !
Plus I have a 300 page Council agenda to read before Tuesday evening.
Priorities !

MONTGOMERY SPLIFT
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by MONTGOMERY SPLIFT »

Knight7 wrote:
Right Winger wrote:Knight, wah wah wah.

wow, clever, funny and spelt correctly you have improved I have no idea why everyone hates you guys

we dont hate them.......we dont think enough of them to hate them!!!

Hosovac
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hosovac »

JIMMY JAZZ wrote:
Knight7 wrote:
Right Winger wrote:Knight, wah wah wah.

wow, clever, funny and spelt correctly you have improved I have no idea why everyone hates you guys

Never realised amateur footy was a popularity contest... :wink:

Hosovac
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hosovac »

Actually their kids were too busy behind their clubrooms breaking bottles...just a normal sunday afternoons activity.
:lol:

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

jets no.7 wrote:
Shaken Not Stirred wrote:A: Florina 0 - Farm 3
B: Florina 1 - Farm 3
C: Florina 1 - Farm 0

Other scores:
West 2 - Lion 1
Vale 2 - Gardens 0. I heard the Vale we down to 9 men, then the Gardens had a man sent off.
gardens player was sent off for a second yellow for handelling the ball after it crossed the goal line and was awarded a goal :? can you be booked for that cause i thought as the ball had already crossed the line it was a dead ball?
Don't tell me it was Foat again?

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

No one from West Beach posting??? :o

Unfortunatly one of us two had to lose and it was West Beach. They played Ok didnt really have a shot on goal that tested the keeper and maybe because of their great flat pitch our boys were able to play so good football and comfortably win the game and stay up in Zdiv 1 for 2009.

One other point Con Chrisohoidis has annouced he will NOT be playing for the club next year so I wish him all the very best and it was an absolute pleasure to see this guy play the game will such skill and fantastic ball distribution. Good luck and I suspect to see you in the grazing yard and hopefully with some breeding stock!!!!!

Also good luck to Raptors in their game this weekend. Two years in a row they have gotten to this stage hopefully one better for the lads this time around.

New_Beach_Driller
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by New_Beach_Driller »

Just waiting on you to post something, Eagle :wink:

It just wasn't West Beach's day yesterday...i don't think we really got going! Pontains played their usual passing game and we just couldn't match it.

This weekend is a massive game for the club...and if everyone pulls together, i don't see why we can't get a win!!

zigga
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by zigga »

Went and watch West Beach Pontians. Not much to say a game both needed to win and pontians walked away with the points

Must say Yiros & steak salad rolls were awesome although the big fella cooking was not real happy about not playing.

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

Bodø Glimt wrote:
Football_lad wrote:Vista v Pumas
A's - 6-2
B's - 5-1

Did You come Bodø?
Yes I was there. I dropped into Redmum's on the way home so haven't got home until just now.

A's saw some brilliant goals by the home side in the first half. The first one coming from the acutest of angles and it was like putting a shot in through the eye of a needle. The second one was a sweet volley and the next two were just 60 seconds apart. Pumas pulled one back on the stroke of half time with a shot that just seemed to bobble infront of the keeper and some how it went in. The ground was as bad as Cowandilla. I thought the officiating overall was quite good.

4-1 at half time with the half time entertainment from a seagull. Not so much entertainment but a bird who's got caught in a net or something and had it's legs tied together and people were trying to get hold of it to free its legs.

In the reserves Pumas hit the bar before copping three first half goals. Overall two good wins for the home side.
I thought you would have much more to say about the game than that??? obviously it was much more interesting from where i was sitting.

A's I thought the game was very free flowing not a great deal of stoppages and vista seemingly wanting it more.... for some reason pumas just did not look switched on and i think it was fair to say that the two goals they got (one from a very poor attempt at the ball by the keeper) the other was poor marking from the defenders after the keeper had done well to get a hand on a free kick from Pumas. Modbury going forward had much more urgency and pleanty more options and they seemed to control the game very well by switching the ball and hitting the lines.

B's For the first 15 minutes it looked like pumas would hold vista for a while but after the first goal from a dashing run down the left side the gates opened. Vista then scored two more in fairly quick succession and had they not missed two or three more chances it could have been double figures by half time.... in the second half pumas came out strong and were looking to fight their way back into the game and did a very good job of controlling the midfield.... after one more vista goal it was all over and i think that was shown by a scissor kick from the edge of the box by a player who is supposed to have a sore ankle???? a couple of fancy flicks and backheels and that was the game.

Well done to vista grabbing 3 vital points in both games and a special mention to the Pumas keeper who soldiered on throughout the day and never gave up!!

Outlaw
HA'WAY THE LADS

TONKSY
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by TONKSY »

jets no.7 wrote:
Shaken Not Stirred wrote:A: Florina 0 - Farm 3
B: Florina 1 - Farm 3
C: Florina 1 - Farm 0

Other scores:
West 2 - Lion 1
Vale 2 - Gardens 0. I heard the Vale we down to 9 men, then the Gardens had a man sent off.
gardens player was sent off for a second yellow for handelling the ball after it crossed the goal line and was awarded a goal :? can you be booked for that cause i thought as the ball had already crossed the line it was a dead ball?

dude im with you he should of said he new it was a goal and was just getting the ball out of the back of the net.

and can i ask who was the reff on sunday what a knob he hate,s our guts worse than the downs . he takes his eyes of the big tackles to early to see where the balls going . and my god was there some big tackles . take my hat off to the gardens boys luv your guts lad,s they did not take a backward step all day . they had every thing to play for fighting to avoid relegation . its been 17 years candy that,s when i last played at the gardens. and would like to think i,ve still got a couple of mates down there. cheers to rosie for the slab and the spread they put on was better than charlies . plenty of banter all day long . in a fast and physical 90 min,s of hate. we were gettin up date,s about the west . usc game . and preying for the usc lads but its not the vale way to have someone else do our work for us . the work rate at the vale is second to none thanks to sean and dez doing exellent work with the boys .
i cant belive it comes down to the last game of the year to decide the league i would like to wish weties all the best but i cant . i hope they loose . and beg the vale to play out of there skins for just one more game.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Hosovac wrote:
Actually their kids were too busy behind their clubrooms breaking bottles...just a normal sunday afternoons activity.
post # 4843

As opposed to the cowardly late challenges on Knights reserve keeper ?
I have it on good authority that the child breaking 2 bottles behind the clubrooms was not associated with the Southern Knights Club.
How do I know....?...because it was MY 6 year old son .:oops: and I cleaned it up. :x.....he's had several behavioural issues since watching the Knights v Raptors game a few weeks earlier. :)

COLOSSUS
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by COLOSSUS »

swannsong wrote:
Hosovac wrote:
post # 4843

As opposed to the cowardly late challenges on Knights reserve keeper ?
I have it on good authority that the child breaking 2 bottles behind the clubrooms was not associated with the Southern Knights Club.
How do I know....?...because it was MY 6 year old son .:oops: and I cleaned it up. :x.....he's had several behavioural issues since watching the Knights v Raptors game a few weeks earlier. :)
Hahahaha, was half expecting that swanny, classic commentary :)
But me was actually thinking his behavioural issues stem from maybe you living down south being the real problem :lol:
Last edited by COLOSSUS on Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

jets no.7 wrote: gardens player was sent off for a second yellow for handelling the ball after it crossed the goal line and was awarded a goal :? can you be booked for that cause i thought as the ball had already crossed the line it was a dead ball?
In answer to this, if it was a deliberate attempt at handball then yes you can still be booked for it. He was unfortunate that it was his second booking though. Should he have stopped the goal then it would have been a red card and a penalty, but as he didn't the ref was spot on. Allow the goal, but you would still caution the player, for Unsportsmanlike conduct rather than handball though (obviously you cannot handle the ball off the pitch).
Things I am owed because they're too tight to pay up:

Colossus: One House

Costa: One Lunch

Oh and add in

Colossus: one photo and one letter from his "attorney".

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Post by Missing Post Count »

imanoutlaw wrote:I thought you would have much more to say about the game than that??? obviously it was much more interesting from where i was sitting.

A's I thought the game was very free flowing not a great deal of stoppages and vista seemingly wanting it more.... for some reason pumas just did not look switched on and i think it was fair to say that the two goals they got (one from a very poor attempt at the ball by the keeper) the other was poor marking from the defenders after the keeper had done well to get a hand on a free kick from Pumas. Modbury going forward had much more urgency and pleanty more options and they seemed to control the game very well by switching the ball and hitting the lines.

B's For the first 15 minutes it looked like pumas would hold vista for a while but after the first goal from a dashing run down the left side the gates opened. Vista then scored two more in fairly quick succession and had they not missed two or three more chances it could have been double figures by half time.... in the second half pumas came out strong and were looking to fight their way back into the game and did a very good job of controlling the midfield.... after one more vista goal it was all over and i think that was shown by a scissor kick from the edge of the box by a player who is supposed to have a sore ankle???? a couple of fancy flicks and backheels and that was the game.

Well done to vista grabbing 3 vital points in both games and a special mention to the Pumas keeper who soldiered on throughout the day and never gave up!!

Outlaw
I didn't say it wasn't interesting. Sore ankle or not that scissor kick wasn't far wide. Agree with your reports of both games and yes the keeper probably deserves a mention. I could be wrong but I don't think he's a full time keeper, but soldiered on for two games. One thing that added to the free flowing of the games was very little arguments with the referee and players just got on with the game - as it should be.

Statto11
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Statto11 »

Monkey Boy wrote:By looking avt the div 2 table I cannot believe that pumas are going to be relegated?!!! They had fantastic 'Div 1 first team players' sign for them earlier in the year? Maybe this is a wake up call lads....
Maybe they are doing it on purpose coz they heard they will have to play Easties next season. After all why else would such "fantastic div 1 first team players' not have been able to keep them up after signing so early on in the season???

But then again even relegation isnt enough for them...they are supposed to be moving to Saturdays to avoid playing their old team.....You can keep running fella's but one day we will get to play against you! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Right Winger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Winger »

Jimmy Jazz?
But YOU think enough of us to post that?
You so hate us.
But thats a side effect of losing.

Croatia are looking at ways to get you guys back onside.

Right Winger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Winger »

Medallion, I heard hes retiring for good.

somebloke
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by somebloke »

Bodø Glimt wrote:
imanoutlaw wrote:I thought you would have much more to say about the game than that??? obviously it was much more interesting from where i was sitting.

Outlaw
I didn't say it wasn't interesting. Sore ankle or not that scissor kick wasn't far wide. Agree with your reports of both games and yes the keeper probably deserves a mention. I could be wrong but I don't think he's a full time keeper, but soldiered on for two games. One thing that added to the free flowing of the games was very little arguments with the referee and players just got on with the game - as it should be.
The keeper, unlucky bloke really. Poor Steve's outdoor soccer experience was nil before the year except for playing as a keeper in indoor. He originally started the first games and pre-season on the field. Then we needed a B's keeper and he said he would give it a shot. Then last week A's keeper got injured. So he's pretty sore from the week prior getting slid into studs up and playing two games a Sunday now. Not ideal....