Cup scores

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Cup scores

Post by Golden EAGLE »

COLOSSUS wrote:I heard the Grove beat Pontians 4-1??? Can anyone confirm because whilst im not surprised that Pontians lost, i am surprised by how much they have lost if true!!!

Anybody???
What do you mean you heard you were there wernt you???

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

the REAL one wrote:
alm01 wrote:USC Lion 2 - 2 Florina Full time
USC Lion 4 - 4 Florina Extra time
USC Lion 6 - 5 Florina Penalties
what a game!!! had everything... 8 goals - sum were crackers... 2 send offs... and penalties!!!

good 2 meet uncle cracker and the prez... good 2 c m andrea and paul hoey again... look 4ward 2 the last game of the season
Who got sent off? anyone from Florina? :D

As for the Pontians yesterday we played well in patches and could of and should of but when your not training hard enough :wink: you touch goes and we dont have a side that will win games based on fitness.

Well Done to the peckers and good luck to them they have had a good cup run.

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

Golden EAGLE wrote:
the REAL one wrote:
alm01 wrote:USC Lion 2 - 2 Florina Full time
USC Lion 4 - 4 Florina Extra time
USC Lion 6 - 5 Florina Penalties
what a game!!! had everything... 8 goals - sum were crackers... 2 send offs... and penalties!!!

good 2 meet uncle cracker and the prez... good 2 c m andrea and paul hoey again... look 4ward 2 the last game of the season
Who got sent off? anyone from Florina? :D

As for the Pontians yesterday we played well in patches and could of and should of but when your not training hard enough :wink: you touch goes and we dont have a side that will win games based on fitness.

Well Done to the peckers and good luck to them they have had a good cup run.
Childs who through some hissy punches - straight red(two matches?)

Aldo Serena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aldo Serena »

Happy Kopite wrote:Reserves Cup

Blue Eagles 2 Modbury Vista 4
Kopite, where were you yesterday? Did you get dropped for Gannon? :wink:

MSSC Blue Eagles
2011 Division 3 Champions

Piles of Style
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Piles of Style »

[quote="Jay Walking"]Sturt Marion V Ingle Farm (First Team)

"....Two final points, the Sturt crowd was great and had no problems with them in a tight game. We we extremely disappointed but a few of us hung around, drank what was left of the alcohol they were selling and then went upstairs to the sports club. We would of had a good 20-25 people there when they went to do their presentation but we weren't invited in. They partioned it off and basically left us by ourselves. It was a long way to come on a day that we don't normally play on so some hospitality would of been nice. We do provide food to players, have awards to opposition clubs and invite them to be involved in our presentation. Maybe it was an oversight as they were caught up in the emotion of the win. We have had some hard, tough games against the Downs, Vale, Westies, East and all of them have welcomed us into their clubrooms as we have theres. Just a suggestion for you guys anyway and maybe Saturday teams dont hang around after games so you weren't expecting us there. No matter what the reason, it could of been done better."

Have to apologise for that one - you are right Jay, that was bad form. We do have to divide off the section for presentations (the other patrons have complained before...) and nobody thought to go down and ask you guys in. No offence meant, but it should have been done better as you say.

Sorry about that fellas - we certainly did not mean to disrepect the Ingle Farm fans and players (who contributed to a great game, and were unlucky to lose out on the day). We'll have to have a pre-season friendly to make up for it - we'll get the grub and grog in by way of a proper apology.

Bannars
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Bannars »

Was a great day at lion... fantastic effort from the lads especially missing a few.. i was the player on the end of Child's(no pun intended) hissy fit "time of the month" whatever u wanna call it :-) Was a joke as i won a 50-50 ball perfectly fine tackle then suddenly his kicking me on the floor and throwing some round arms and i get the marching orders?? hoping there is some way of appealing it let me know if there is??!! as i really wanna play and dont wanna miss two weeks for no reason... all credit to Florina though was a gr8 game the best ive been involved in, good crowd and overall a good bunch of lads...

Good luck for the season Florina hopefully another good game at the end of the season...

Shark
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Shark »

Well, what a way to end a season! To totally dominate the game, as we have for alot of games and come out with a loss is heartbreaking. second half of xtra time i was that tired and sore, my whole body felt like jelly. i really couldn't care at 4-4 who won, i just wanted the game to end. But at the end of the day, if a team has to score more than 4 goals a game to win, i don't know what else to do, as we concede just as shiraz many. No special mentions either as to who is at fault!
At the end of the day, even if we had got thru to the semi's or even finals, we would have lost anyway, and better to lose now than infront of 100's of people. i won't give u the reason why i think we would have lost, i'll let u decide by my comments.
There was no other team other than Lion i would have like to lose too. Top blokes and great gamemanship. Thanx for the beers after the game. Good luck Real One and i hope u go all the way in the cup.
Last edited by Shark on Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the REAL one
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by the REAL one »

redders!!! im disappointed u didnt see my goal... right foot volley, my right foot is only good 4 standing :lol:

and mickys was the 3rd... zlatko's brilliant mazy run didnt even get a mention!!! what game were u watching :roll:
"Thats not sexy football!" and "Play the REAL one... again and again"

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

Aldo Serena wrote:

I was sitting in the stands enjoying the sunshine. Did my ankle ligaments 2 weeks ago. Spewing!

Yeah, Scotty G isn't a bad pick up for the B's. Might have a few more for the semis. Your goalscorer and Frankie were decent B teamers aswell. :wink:

Thought you guys just tired in the 2nd half and we got on top.
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains". Bill Shankly

Bannars
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Bannars »

Aslong as he saw the header for the 2nd goal Real One thats all we care about coz it wont happen again anytime soon!!! :-) was a good goal mate didnt realise u had a right foot?? :-) r u sure there wasnt a little slice on that shot??!! :-)

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

the REAL one wrote:redders!!! im disappointed u didnt see my goal... right foot volley, my right foot is only good 4 standing :lol:

and mickys was the 3rd... zlatko's brilliant mazy run didnt even get a mention!!! what game were u watching :roll:
haha i was watching from the car and massively hungover...so you scored the first I only saw the ball rattle the net :(

Aldo Serena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aldo Serena »

Happy Kopite wrote:
Aldo Serena wrote:

I was sitting in the stands enjoying the sunshine. Did my ankle ligaments 2 weeks ago. Spewing!

Yeah, Scotty G isn't a bad pick up for the B's. Might have a few more for the semis. Your goalscorer and Frankie were decent B teamers aswell. :wink:

Both of those players joined us after the A's were knocked out, so very handy having them with us for the last couple of rounds. It was disappointing to lose - we lost two players before kick-off, and then had the injury before half-time and left us a little thin on the bench. Plus the penalty was actually outside the box, but them's the breaks. Best of luck for the rest of the Cup.

MSSC Blue Eagles
2011 Division 3 Champions

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Piles of Style wrote:
Jay Walking wrote:Sturt Marion V Ingle Farm (First Team)

"....Two final points, the Sturt crowd was great and had no problems with them in a tight game. We we extremely disappointed but a few of us hung around, drank what was left of the alcohol they were selling and then went upstairs to the sports club. We would of had a good 20-25 people there when they went to do their presentation but we weren't invited in. They partioned it off and basically left us by ourselves. It was a long way to come on a day that we don't normally play on so some hospitality would of been nice. We do provide food to players, have awards to opposition clubs and invite them to be involved in our presentation. Maybe it was an oversight as they were caught up in the emotion of the win. We have had some hard, tough games against the Downs, Vale, Westies, East and all of them have welcomed us into their clubrooms as we have theres. Just a suggestion for you guys anyway and maybe Saturday teams dont hang around after games so you weren't expecting us there. No matter what the reason, it could of been done better."

Have to apologise for that one - you are right Jay, that was bad form. We do have to divide off the section for presentations (the other patrons have complained before...) and nobody thought to go down and ask you guys in. No offence meant, but it should have been done better as you say.

Sorry about that fellas - we certainly did not mean to disrepect the Ingle Farm fans and players (who contributed to a great game, and were unlucky to lose out on the day). We'll have to have a pre-season friendly to make up for it - we'll get the grub and grog in by way of a proper apology.
Its not a drama at all, as I said just more some advice. Maybe its just something that happens more in Sundays as a lot of Saturday clubs dont have clubrooms etc. Was impressed/surprised with the number of people out to watch you guys. Again, a good bit of banter on the sidelines, a tough, physical but pretty fair game on a difficult pitch.

Well done again and I get the feeling you guys will win the Cup. All the best for the rest of the year. :)

TheWho
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by TheWho »

Jay Walking wrote:
Piles of Style wrote:
Jay Walking wrote:Sturt Marion V Ingle Farm (First Team)

Its not a drama at all, as I said just more some advice. Maybe its just something that happens more in Sundays as a lot of Saturday clubs dont have clubrooms etc. Was impressed/surprised with the number of people out to watch you guys. Again, a good bit of banter on the sidelines, a tough, physical but pretty fair game on a difficult pitch.

Well done again and I get the feeling you guys will win the Cup. All the best for the rest of the year. :)

I'm sure they appreciate the 'advice'......perhaps Sturt can offer some 'advice' on how to win a league title i.e. get some blokes with a bit of bottle....

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

TheWho wrote:
Jay Walking wrote:

I'm sure they appreciate the 'advice'......perhaps Sturt can offer some 'advice' on how to win a league title i.e. get some blokes with a bit of bottle....

Bit harsh considering Farm have won a Div2 Title before.

Where was ya bottle last season when it mattered?
Last edited by Redders on Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheWho
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by TheWho »

redders wrote:
TheWho wrote:
Jay Walking wrote:

Bit harsh considering Farm have won a Div2 Title before. Perhaps Farm could goto Stirling, pay all their players and their coach too move. Would that mean they have some bottle?

Where was ya bottle last season when it mattered?
do your research before you fire back you scouse lovin twat.......

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Right..........

Div 3 Title, Div 2 Title, both of these years the Ressies won also and we have won the league two years running.

Sturt got relegated last year, picked up some great players and will probably win Sat Div 2 this year.

Who do you play with The Who??

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Ahh, I just did my research, your from Para Hills East :D

Enough said.

TheWho
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by TheWho »

Jay Walking wrote:Ahh, I just did my research, your from Para Hills East :D

Enough said.

ha ha enough said ey?? that's not like you....usually you've got plenty of dribble to write.

Ginger Bread Man
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Ginger Bread Man »

any 1 got any predictions for Semi Final draw???
i reckon!

Grove Vs Sturt Marion
Gardens Vs USC LION
run run as fast as you can... you cant catch me, im the ginger bread man!!!

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

TheWho wrote:

Enough said.

ha ha enough said ey?? that's not like you....usually you've got plenty of dribble to write.
Enjoy Div 2

TheWho
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by TheWho »

Jay Walking wrote:
TheWho wrote:

Enough said.

Enjoy Div 2

Predictable response!!! no 'advice', no 'dribble' regarding how Easties should try to emulate the Farms bbq, drink prices, post game presentations etc.....joker

grewcock
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by grewcock »

The Who

It is obvious you are just trying to stir the sh*t but,

You really are a wart on the c o c k of society
I don't believe in God but i'm afraid of him

New_Beach_Driller
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by New_Beach_Driller »

What is going on..The Farm seem to be getting a bit of abuse these days! First, the Wanderers at the weekend(Really don't understand why there is an issue there, Different Divisions) and now the Who is on their case.

TheWho
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by TheWho »

grewcock wrote:The Who

It is obvious you are just trying to stir the sh*t but,

You really are a wart on the c o c k of society
side splitting comedy....f_k_w_i_t!! You and Jay should get together..talk alot of shite...obvious neither of you can play.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

New_Beach_Driller wrote:What is going on..The Farm seem to be getting a bit of abuse these days! First, the Wanderers at the weekend(Really don't understand why there is an issue there, Different Divisions) and now the Who is on their case.
I know, where is the love.

BTW The Who, you weren't bad at dribbling at the start of the year :lol:

TheWho
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by TheWho »

Jay Walking wrote:
New_Beach_Driller wrote:What is going on..The Farm seem to be getting a bit of abuse these days! First, the Wanderers at the weekend(Really don't understand why there is an issue there, Different Divisions) and now the Who is on their case.

Difference is mate, I dribble with a ball at my feet.......or have you conveniently forgotten your trip up the hill last season??

ps. Dunty never missed a penalty in the red & white....

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

TheWho wrote:
Jay Walking wrote:

Difference is mate, I dribble with a ball at my feet.......or have you conveniently forgotten your trip up the hill last season??

ps. Dunty never missed a penalty in the red & white....
Yeah I did and it cost us the div 2 title. :oops: :oops: :oops:

TheWho
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by TheWho »

BTW The Who, you weren't bad at dribbling at the start of the year :lol:[/quote]

ps. Dunty never missed a penalty in the red & white....[/quote]

Yeah I did and it cost us the div 2 title. :oops: :oops: :oops:[/quote]

your nickname lives on mate........jigsaw (goes to pieces in the box)

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chunky-monkey »

Aldo Serena wrote:
Happy Kopite wrote:
Aldo Serena wrote:

Both of those players joined us after the A's were knocked out, so very handy having them with us for the last couple of rounds. It was disappointing to lose - we lost two players before kick-off, and then had the injury before half-time and left us a little thin on the bench. Plus the penalty was actually outside the box, but them's the breaks. Best of luck for the rest of the Cup.
Just to clarify, the penalty was actually a foul just inside the corner of the box.